No More Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Thank goodness that you’re there, Brick.” Tomy seems to be running in the same direction Cernia and the others were going, but noticed that they’ve stopped. “I’m currently in the area with the ice girl and others. Seems like they got the one with the large fro and a person who’s completely covered in some weird looking blue flames….?” Tomy was confused about on what happen to Giovani. He certainly didn’t looked like that beforehand. 

“Regardless of that, you’re in the control panel room with the cameras? Seems like they’re broken, not surprised since the Busters pretty much wrecked the place…” Tomy stated. “Where’s Zuleka? There’s a problem over here. Jay and Bomb was both knocked out due to circumstances and when I went to examined them, their bodies was recovered by a few scientists that were in Axe’s department. I have a feeling that this whole thing was stage… and we need to head over there. Now.” 

Nessa tried to remain conscious, taking a good look from Giovani. "Whoa. You’re f-f-f-fired up even more, heh..." Nessa passed out. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Delta Red's body began to change once more. The ground beneath the Busters began to rise, shaping the room they're in. "This last attack is something that the original Delta Red have done in attempt to put down the one called, Giovani and his goons down. The amount of energy output is enough to devastate the entire county if I so wished...” Delta Red’s voice became staggered. “I won’t get put down just as easily as the original…! So prepare! I’m sure that Axe will use the bones to further place his armor, if there’s anything left!!!!!!” 

Eventually, the entire room began to curve. The walls broke away and surround everyone, trapping them in a circular-like chamber. Her body opens up as her arm drilled onto the floor. Her head faced upwards, with a spark of energy formed from her mouth. The lower part of the body began to also collect large forms of energy; if one get too close, they would be in a world of shock. Even with the effects of the gravity, psychic and Daiman’s gripe, she was adamant to unleash her final blow.

“Sh- she’s going to trapped us inside?!” Daiman tried to run as Rai said, but it was too late. As he look above of what Red was doing, the chamber had already closed. “Damn.” Daiman seem too panicked but he listen to what Ray was saying. “Eh? I guess it’s better than getting turned into shadows!” Ready whenever the others are ready. 

"You really have gone off the tangent, haven't you?" Zuleka said, positioning herself into a stance. 

"Not really." In a calm tone, Axe continued. "I'm simply aiming for a greater sense of, logical conclusion. A sense of... as you can say, a more rational explanation of the concept of preserving both the safety of specials, while taking precaution of making sure they won't go out of control. That way... they're be protected and I shall protect the world from dangerous ones who seek to disrupt that balance, in the case of "Origin"...” 

"You're still going on with that garbage? This is nothing more than self-filling actions you're taken. You claimed that you're doing this to help Specials but all I seen is nothing more than experimentation like a mad scientist out of a dumb book." Zuleka responded. "Filling those kids with bullshit about they're holding everyone back? You're nothing more than an abusive father punishing a child with physical disciple for stealing a damn cookie." 

"Am I? Yours was a better solution? Use them as "teams" to combat specials? You honestly think the population would sway in that favor after what happen? Even if the Busters managed to repel my efforts, peoples of the globe will see them as nothing more than savages who threaten anyone with their strong arms that goes against their beliefs. Whose truly is the monster in this case? They wished for peace and yet, the amount they stuff their noses into the business where they shouldn't belong, it causes a series of problems for everyone...” Axe walked over his desk and pull out some paper works. "See these polls? They're even worse than what they already are; in fact, even the specials don't seem to kind to their actions. What does that tell you, Zuleka?" 

Zuleka was about to say something; but Axe interrupted. "This isn't the same as "race" or "religion" or "sexuality", madam. They are people, which a performed things beyond a human naturally can do. Of course, they're exceptions of those things, such as Mr. Yu and you, but those take years for such concept to even be established and even in that in itself takes a number of years to accomplish."  Axe stated. "What happens when a special is beyond that of the Busters? Can Busters can take the task of handling that effect? What will make of us? Should we rely on them solely because they're stronger than everyone else because they do jumping jacks and some sit ups? I'm the man on reasoning while you lots fall on simple emotional values...” Axe lifted his arm in the air, with one finger raising. “This is why I wished to help the Busters, to make them part of my dynasty, to create a better world than what they’re going on about. To create a safe haven, a shield, a protector, a guardian, an angel that can stomp any out of control special. Busters can’t naturally live a normal life after this, can they not? That’s why I’m doing this. That’s why I’m taking these extreme lengths. So they can feel welcomed into my being and still be part as “freedom fighters” they wished to gain. 

Zuleka remained silent for a moment. She look at Axe with dead eyes once more, but she started to laugh a bit. “Man, you’re really are a selfish creepy little bastard, eh?”

"Yeah, let's go." Xavier spoke, walking towards Red's voice, thinking that the others might need help.

Ebonwu places his fingertips together, then spreads his arms out and wraps them up. Earth spirals up around Delta Red and closes up.

"It's up. Do what you must before we no longer have a floor." Ebon points out.

"Uh.. right!" Naolyn nodded to Ray and held up her hands to the dome that Ebonwu made, trying her best to keep it from crumbling away. She only hoped that it was enough to contain it. "Alright, ready!"

=================

Tico eyed Gio, amazed at his transformation and the amount of heat coming from him. He smiled at Gio before Ryder's groaning noises. He lifted his head up and noticed Gryffin holding onto him. He shifted slightly and plopped himself to his feet, gripping his head. He was a little dizzy but at least he was able to stand. Tico, excited by Ryder's return, tackled him with Nessa still glued to him. The shadow began to nuzzle and engulf Ryder.

"Whoa, hey Tico..." Ryder said with a light groan. "I see that everyone is okay."

"Yah Yah! Griff-Griff and Angry-Girl help Tico and Cernia!" Tico babbled. "Tico protect all friends, Gryff-Gryff, Angry-Girl, and Cernia!"

"Well, we should save the chit-chat for later, I think we got some work to do."

=================

Giovanni almost flared up when Celeste called him a rooster but seemed to calm down when Ryder was waking up. He looked at Nessa and noticed that she was completely wiped out. He acknowledged her comment though.

"Yeah, I think this is that weird Origin Mode shit they were babbling about." Gio said looking at his hand. "But we can't discuss this here, we gotta find the others before the UN dogs do!"

"Ryder! You're all right! You should've seen me and Tico fight off one of the squad dudes! And we got Nessa too!" Cernia seemed relieved Ryder managed to wake up. Now I don't have to make plans for a whole group... that was nerve-wracking! Though she kept this thought to herself.

"Oh! R-right... We should, since that 'Orangin' Mode won't last forever, and when it went away on me, I couldn't move an inch." She wasn't sure how Nessa looked so tuckered out since she never saw her in such a state before, but she assumed Jay's seemingly endless energy wore her out. "We were gonna have Celeste try and follow any sound leading to the others, since that's how she found us."

Gryffin was careful in letting go of Ryder since the guy seemed just barely awake. "Yeah. Celeste could just sniff her way to them, but I'm not sure if that would work by now."

Celeste looked uncertain. She could use her bat form, but was concerned about any noise misleading them. "I suppose I could sniff them out. I mean, it's technically how I sniffed my way to you guys' hideout a while ago..." She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Yeah! It'll be easy. You guys don't smell like soap or anything, so it'll be easy to do it."

"Hey!" Cernia exclaimed. "Hurry up and be a doggy already!"

"Sheesh, fine." A moment later, Celeste shifted to the form of a German Shepherd, immediately stooping to sniff at the group, specifically Giovani since he was one of the ones to be in close proximity to the captured Busters. Then she sniffed at Nessa and Cernia before keeping her nose to the floor, turning down one of the corridors. 

"Alright, this is where we follow her then." Said Gryffin.
===================================

"I don't know where Zuleka is, but if Bomb Soldier and Jay were recovered, then I'm sure Axe drew her in quickly enough. Though, I got in a scuffle with one of the specials and he managed to damage my arm, so I've only got one other that functions. I'll be there as fast as I can." Brick said, beginning to leave the control room at a brisk pace.

===================================

Raimundo backed up near Yoon and Ray, unsure of what he was planning. But any plan was better than none right now.

"Fast Goggles one! Your power is to control gravity, correct?" Ebon asks. "If I split off part of the floor, can you lift us away from here?"

Ebonwu looks around the base.

"Shit, this isn't good. I was planning in bringing the Busters with me to handle Axe.. but.." Tomy turned and see that the others had already left. "I suppose I need to get over there with haste.." Tomy turned to the direction opposite that of the Busters and began to run. "Since this is Zuleka we're talking about, I'm sure the Busters will eventually come over there with her mayhem. You know where Axe's lab is?" Tomy asked Brick. 

Daiman had created more smaller hands in accompany of the large one. "I don't think I can restrained her anymore than this; so I'll make more little hands to help the structure of the dome, Ebonwu!" Daiman sweated a bit as the ability is taken a toll on his stamina. "However, you guys ought to move quickly! She'd about to blow!"

Over the heads of the busters, the entire area had enclosed over them. Delta Red began to laugh manically. "Targets Acquired. Destruction in ten seconds." Delta Red claimed. "Delta Squad will force the idealization that Specials are needed to be contain, even if the means of necessary evil to destroy. It is a duty as humans to prevent destruction beings such as yourself to gain ego within your minds." Delta Red said in a monotone. "Now. Prepare to be erased. Delta. Final. CLIMAX!" Delta Red shouted. Her body began to emits energy across the sealed chamber, as a single point of energy beam together from her mouth. She's positioned her head in the direction of that of Ebonwu and the others and fired.

Zuleka slowly walk towards Axe; her blade was out with a serious expression on her face.

"Ah, you're coming at me with an killing intent... Aren't you abusing your powers, ma'am?" Axe calmly said.

Holy shit. How the hell did I end up in this situation? The reason I even joined this dump is because Aya joined. Had I known, I would have just dragged Aya and be kicking back at Mother's! Jess thought, pinning herself on the wall behind her in the pod.

"I hope that my absence wasn't a big trouble for you guys." Ryder said, rushing after Celeste. "But I'll have to ask questions later, we gotta follow the mutt."

In the meanwhile.. I have to think of something quick before we encounter any more enemies. Ryder thought to himself. He glanced at the others. They sure seem tired... hopefully that Ray dude can help out again.

Giovanni followed Celeste until they were all finally greeted by the chamber that Delta Red formed. He can hear the others screaming inside and thought that a powerful fireblast will help out.

"Alright, everyone better back up if they don't wanna get burn.." Giovanni started to create a giant fireball in his hand, each second it got bigger and hotter. He smirked once he got it to the size he wanted it to be. He unleashed his hottest fireball to the chamber, blasting a hole big enough for all of them to fit through. Sadly, that was the end of Giovanni's Origin Mode as well and he dropped on to his knees, exhausted.

"Man.. is this what it feels like..?"

"Understood, Small Sleeping Child!" Ebon responds.

He slams and twists his foot, splitting off the floor they're standing on from the rest.

"Now! Lift us through that hole in building!"

Delta Red's blast as it stream to the direction steadily become bigger and bigger. Though, Delta Red shifted her eyes, when she seen a n explosion from afar. "What the?" She thought to herself.

Raimundo shouted as he began to manipulate the gravity all around their section of the floor. "Aaaaah!" His expression looked strained and misted with sweat lifting them all upwards. All of his muscles looked tensed up, some with the tendons or veins clearly showing. His shouting increased in volume as the lifting of the floor 'island' began to pick up in its speed of liftoff.

"I can't see a thing! What's going on!" Cernia was trying to squint through the bright light.

Celeste stayed put, trying to process what they broke into. 

"That's them all right! But the hell is that thing!?" Gryffin pointed at Delta Red. "Is that one of Axe's playthings?!"

"It's another lab rat, I bet..." Cernia said with disgust. "We gotta go in and get rid of that thing!" She held her hands out to make several long ice crystals. 
"Hey ugly! Over here!" Cernia fired off her large icicles at Delta Red's back and side. 

===========

"About that. I don't know wherea true lab would be. I only know of the 'normal lab'. It's definitely not an area that has camera feed." Brick responded as he ran down the hall.

Ray is ready to help if the others needed him. Ray thinks "wend things cool down i should read some those notes closer."

"What the hell is going on?!" Xavier looked at Delta Red as he turned around a corner, seeing the fight. "Better yet, the hell IS that thing? Another freak experiment??"

"Whooooaaaa!" Daiman screamed as the platform beneath everyone began to rise from. 

Delta Red noticed Raimundo lifting the area. Thinking to herself, she seem amused. Even if you escape, this blast will get you before you  can even blink an eye. You won't su-. Before Delta Red can even finished what she was thinking about, data appeared before her eyes, stating that there were critical and massive errors within her system. ERROR ERROR ERROR. The ice shards had pierce through her armor, causing extreme damage to her body. The blast narrowly missed the floating island. 

Delta Red shifted her eyes back to the direction, seeing that Cernia and the others have come. "More pests? Have the Special Squad failed!?" Another message before before her eyes once more. "Death. Incoming." Delta Red was unable to unleashed another blast due to the shards getting in the way within her body; due tot he way she formulate her body, she was unable to move from the spot she was and with all the energy being stock up within her, she will resulted in an explosion soon. What swirls in the thoughts within her head. One word came to mind.

"Fuck." Her body began to light up to extreme measure.

"Damn, then we just have to search inside and out in order to find Axe's tr-"Before Tomy can finished his sentence. A figure dashed before his eyes and crashed onto the wall behind him. He turns to see what was sweep passed him, seeing that it was Zuleka was thrown. "What the ... helll..?" Tomy said, still holding onto the phone. He turns giant foot steps gearing closer and closer. Tomy turned around, his eyes narrowed of what he saw. 

Naolyn focused the little energy she had left to form a small barrier around of Delta Red to help contain the explosion even more. She bit her lip and took a deep breath, focusing her energy so that she wouldn't be in so much pain. Her eyes closed, seemingly bracing if she could not contain it.

"Okay, brace yourself Nao'.." She said to herself. "And focus."

Despite the fact that they were being taken away by Rai, she tried her hardest to use her powers to contain the blast as much as she could.

===================

Ryder noticed Delta Red but didn't seem to understand as to why she was glowing. He took a step foward above everyone else and his eyes instantly widen in horror. It wasn't until a few seconds later be realized that this was a set explosion. He turned to Cernia and the others and only screamed one word to them.

"RUN!" Ryder screamed.

He instantly gripped Cernia and Tico's arm as hard as he could, tugging them down the same hall they came from. He seemed frantic and saw a small narrow hallway just a little bit from where they were. If he could make it, the blast would move past them. He hurried down the hall, dragging both Cernia and Tico behind him.

"That thing is gonna blow!"

===================

Giovanni's eyes widen in both annoyance and shock that Delta would commit the same move that destroyed Lost City so long ago. The memories came back to him and it angered him because of how powerless he felt at the time. He cursed under his breath, wishing he was still in Origin Mode for just a few minutes longer. He had no choice but to listen to Ryder and trail off after him.

"Right behind ya'!"

Cernia's eyes were wide with fear, her legs burned from how fast and hard she sprinted with Ryder. The memory of the explosion and how she practically stared death in the face at The Lost City's ground Zero vividly replayed over and over, a loop. Cernia looked over her shoulder to see the others on some chunk of the floor as Delta Red's body glowed. Tears threatened to blur her sight, and she immediately jerked her head forward to forcefully shut her tears as the instinctive clenching of her stomach and erratic heart beating began.
Not again...! I don't want it to happen again!

Celeste followed alongside Gio and Gryffin. Celeste barked at Gryffin, urging him to hurry. He couldn't catch up, forcing her to pite on part of his cloak and drag him along. All they could do was run, and it angered her that it was all.

Rai grit his teeth and his breathing stopped, making him huff before starting to shout again. He felt like he was just floating, his body numb from the force he was exerting to manipulate the gravity. It forced him down on one knee, but he slammed his palm onto the floor and continued his scream as he focused all of his sight on the hole in the ceiling.

"Faster! Faster!....."
========

"Tomy? Tomy!! What's going on?!" Brick shouted into the phone, continuing his running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom