Z's Drawings

This is my first (super serious) attempt on my tablet. I wasn't very confident with colors but decided to give it a shot. This is a Remake of an old sketch I did. The man is known as Vyrus, the main antagonist of my Roleplay: Escaping the Blind. I will not spoil too much (in case people see this), but all I will say is that Vyrus is thinking for the people. ...But which people? 

A bit about Vyrus: His skull split open because of the chemical/infection running through the Blinders. Vyrus is very special because most of his physiology hasn't changed despite being one of the first people ever infected. The spikes coming out his open skull is the chemical taking a physical shape similar to that of crystals. No one knows where Vyrus came from and who he originally was, all everyone knows is that he is extremely dangerous and constantly surrounded by a horde of Blinders. 

T4FWNso.jpg

CtCyMXD.jpg

Damn Z!! The digital one looks so clean and crisp! I can also see the improvement in your art!  :thumbs:  (also dat feet positioning is soo good I still struggle with that myself xD)

Also what tablet did you end up getting?  :D

Grey Star said:
The final version looks amazing Z. Truly, this is the boss of zombies. Also, it’s quite evident how you’ve improved between the two pieces of artwork.

Thanks a bunch, Grey! I have noticed a big improvement in my art but I still have a long way to go. As the big boss of the Blinders, he would like you to stop by his place so you two can...talk.

Ploep said:
Damn Z!! The digital one looks so clean and crisp! I can also see the improvement in your art!  :thumbs:  (also dat feet positioning is soo good I still struggle with that myself xD)

Also what tablet did you end up getting?  :D

Thanks, Pinks! I'm still learning how to work with my tablet but I got a Huion, the one with a screen on it and I draw on it directly. It's wonderful and the best Christmas present I gave myself! As for being crisp and clean, I've been told that before, even in my traditional art. xDD

Keep practicing your feet poses! tbh, This is really good, even for my standards. I tend to struggle with feet as well. xDD

And you said you weren't ready for coloring. Psssh!!!! You're doing just fine with the learning curve B|

Huions are getting some good rep around the art community nowadays, so I might get invested in one of those after I've had my run with my non-screen tablet (It's too new to really trade off and I've grown accustomed to not looking at a screen when I draw after a good 7 years of experience with a basic tablet). I think the best part of it is that you've retained your style and managed to translate it onto the screen just fine since you can see everything! Without sacrificing the minor details. Like seriously, the crystals on Vyrus' head have the tiniest lines and details, I can't get that without probably using a massive canvas and a 0.5 pixel brush.... lol

That's probably the best advantage of having a screen tablet, big canvases are a lot less intimidating when physically it's no bigger than a regular old paper on your tablet face compared to having it zoomed in at 400% on a 9.5x13 computer screen with just a tiny slab of concrete... 

Anyhoo, you've improved a massive amount so keep up the great work!!! Your next boss battles to overcome are... Shading and lighting with layer settings
:zamasuhug:

I know @"Grey Star"  might flip when he sees this...

I drew his OC, Raune The Stormruler. I did it to the best of my abilities and opted to not shade it just yet since I'm not comfortable/capable (I just lightly shaded the skin areas but it's barely noticeable.) Maybe next time, but until then, I proudly give Grey his Christmas present. I added some very minor touches but kept Grey's idea of Raune as close as I could. Hope you like it, Grey!

P.S: Added Aura last minute, so I'm sorry if it looks choppy.  :katcry:

dcHt0pd.jpg

LoopyPanda said:
And you said you weren't ready for coloring. Psssh!!!! You're doing just fine with the learning curve B|

Huions are getting some good rep around the art community nowadays, so I might get invested in one of those after I've had my run with my non-screen tablet (It's too new to really trade off and I've grown accustomed to not looking at a screen when I draw after a good 7 years of experience with a basic tablet). I think the best part of it is that you've retained your style and managed to translate it onto the screen just fine since you can see everything! Without sacrificing the minor details. Like seriously, the crystals on Vyrus' head have the tiniest lines and details, I can't get that without probably using a massive canvas and a 0.5 pixel brush.... lol

That's probably the best advantage of having a screen tablet, big canvases are a lot less intimidating when physically it's no bigger than a regular old paper on your tablet face compared to having it zoomed in at 400% on a 9.5x13 computer screen with just a tiny slab of concrete... 

Anyhoo, you've improved a massive amount so keep up the great work!!! Your next boss battles to overcome are... Shading and lighting with layer settings
:zamasuhug:

Thanks a bunch, Loopy! I still need more practice and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I'm testing a bunch of things out (Love the gradient with a passion) and I will definitely give shading a try. I'll look up videos to give myself a basic idea of how to approach it but I think I got an idea. Hopefully, my next projects will be better than the ones I've made so far. 

Tho', I'm more interested in making short black/white comics. Maybe I should practice there...

"Minor touches" more like a major upgrade. :whoo:  Color scheme is great, goes together well. Posture definitely matches a young king pushed to his limits, pre-Speedster abilities.

When Loopy first drew Snow, I had a feeling I've never had before. Seeing my creation come to life, in visual. It is simply astounding. Raune's been a lot of fun in RV, and some personal stuff with a friend of mine. And now, to see him, in the flesh... It's almost indescribable.

Also the aura isn't what I imagined, but it does fit him. An explosion of power, him at his absolute limit, the precipice of battle. One, last, raindrop.

Grey Star said:
"Minor touches" more like a major upgrade. :whoo:  Color scheme is great, goes together well. Posture definitely matches a young king pushed to his limits, pre-Speedster abilities.

When Loopy first drew Snow, I had a feeling I've never had before. Seeing my creation come to life, in visual. It is simply astounding. Raune's been a lot of fun in RV, and some personal stuff with a friend of mine. And now, to see him, in the flesh... It's almost indescribable.

Also the aura isn't what I imagined, but it does fit him. An explosion of power, him at his absolute limit, the precipice of battle. One, last, raindrop.

Yeah, I totally forgot to add the aura, so I had to add it last minute. I was also practicing with gradients and fading colors, etc. I'm glad you like it. Maybe a while from now, I might redraw it, who knows? I've currently lost my touch or 'not really feeling it' if you catch my drift. It explains why I haven't posted something or am very hesitant about it. 

But anyway, I'll try to pitch out something new soon. 

So glad you like it, Grey! It really makes me happy inside.  :baaa:

Dread Mist IS HERE.

I was working on this piece for a while now (probably a week or so...) and I am only half proud of it. I tried to challenge myself and draw Red Mist in her usual shenanigans but I kept getting distracted by a lot of things, mostly family issues. I personally love the colors of KABS and her hair. I made a huge mistake with her hair (you can tell in the linework) but it ended up turning out great, so I kept it in the final layers. I tried to keep it as close as 'Dread' colors as I could but I guess it came out okay. 

Very disappointed to say that I did not shade this one either because I had several problems with the base colors. Either I was doing something wrong or luck was not on my side...

Without spoiling much (not that this whole pic spoils a lot already...) This is Mist when she acquires Dread Energy. How she acquires it, well... time tells all stories. The sketches on the top right show her progression from normal to mad to absolute insanity. However, Red Mist isn't all crazy, she does think and make plans accordingly. That's what makes her so terrifying. She's crazy, smart, AND aware of it. Fully aware. Fully aware of all her actions.

I have provided a blank one for those who want to color it with their own colors. I tend to use these drawings as a reference when I need them. 

Dread Saiyan/Dread Energy is the idea of @"Vegetto".​

Hope you all enjoy.​

xy8sTCW.jpg

mOQ1WkR.jpg

I did not color these drawings. I used an app Shine gave me to give them a different color. It gives me an idea of the shading so that's something. Plus, I think these colors look amazing. Not exactly the right color pallet but I think it's great. I did NOT color these, I cannot stress this enough.

bz6w2A8.jpg

8jEru6o.jpg

It's certainly an interesting recolor via the app. Though I do have to say I prefer the original Vyrus color scheme, as that seemed extremely classic horror design, while this is more sepia stylized, as if some sort of lucid dream horror movie.

Dunno what to comment on the Dread Mist recolor, other than it seems, good. It's hard to describe.

I made a sketch of Helga. Some ideas might change and some might stay. I'll leave this here for reference in the future should the time arises. Even if it doesn't, I still really like how I drew this since robots are not my specialty. I have yet to add any details to it, so it looks plain and boring, however, I think I kinda like the simplistic design of it. The leg came out weird because I was running out of space.  :wagh:

h45mXXM.jpg

Oooo I especially like the look of that Vyrus guy! The way his face is melted gives me life. he also reminds me of an oc of mine that has a messed up face as well~  :teehee:

Okay, I'm gonna drop two drawings! BEHOLD! One super pure and one not so pure. 

XHmt2R1.jpg

So the girl on the left is his wife, his bae, his one true love, Evelyn Nicestone. The little cupcake in the middle is the joy in his life, his daughter, Jaz Rebbel! I drew this because I thought about some alternate universe where Kire actually got the future he desired. All he ever wanted was to be with Evelyn and have a family with her. Sadly, in the universe he lives in, he is unable to have children naturally and lost his beloved Evelyn. However, Evelyn begged him to never return to what he was before, not after he worked so hard to changed himself. Kire vowed to keep her promise, no matter how hard life got. When Jaz was 'born' he knew exactly what to fight for.

This picture literally represents all Kire ever wanted in life.

Did I cry? Absolutely.

RJ14z5B.jpg

Okay, this one looks kinda similar to the Helga drawing above, I know. I was practicing my profile views since I have a major problem drawing them, especially the head. I don't have much context for this drawing other than it's obviously still in sketch mode. I'll darken it later on and probably test some textures I found very interesting in the program I use. I want to add a background but I don't know what to do, and even if I did, I don't think I'm capable of drawing it since I still have no knowledge on how to draw backgrounds. Besides, I suck with perspective. We'll see where this drawing goes.

Don't ask me who the head belongs to, I don't know. It's just a random alien. I think Red Mist played a bit too rough tho'.

Nice pair of drawings. Evelyn and Kire is definitely a cute couple! 

The Playing Tag drawing draws my attention a bit more, mainly because of how you were able to sketch out the skeleton of the pose. It's simple, but not too out there (meaning, it's not overly complicated). I thin you might want to reduce the length of the neck just a little bit and you'll have a perfect pose for a future, possible colored drawing!

Grey Star said:
Unrelated to any critique, but Jaz looks like a smaller, dirtier version of her mother in “Never Change.” I blame Kire’s dirty style.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS POST?! GREEEEEEEEEEEY!!! My little butter knife isn't dirty! 

But you're right, Kire's been living in the streets and a 'thug.' He's got a lot of issues on his mind and some blood on his hands. So yes, he's quite the dirty boi.

@"ShineCero": As for you, thanks for the advice. I kinda already inked it and I am too scared to edit it to make her neck shorter. I'll be sure to keep that thought in mind tho'.

Back
Top Bottom