Z's Drawings

So this is page 1 of my story Behind The Thorns. Those keeping up should know what this is. I worked super hard on this and I am kinda proud of it considering that I have no idea how to really work comics. The redhead will finally be coming to life! I'm not sure if I should continue or rethink my approach. What do you guys think?

This is read TOP TO BOTTOM, LEFT TO RIGHT. Sorry, but it's not a manga.

LcEQ9nZ.jpg

ShineCero said:
How the heck did you learn to animate that? :thonk:

I used Clip Paint Studios since it has an Animation program in it. It was a lot of hard work, don't see myself doing it again until I see more tutorials!  :wagh:

Also! I colored a bit on the Kire drawing I made earlier. I also finished the buildings and TRIED to give off the effect of the rising morning sun. I think I pulled it off, but maybe not. Anywho, please enjoy this drawing chicklings. I did NOT finish shading Kire in the second picture, but to be honest, I don't think I will. I like how he stands out.

DdLpCHr.jpg

OpjRSHJ.jpg

Okay, so I tried to finish the Gif but it looks like I have to do it in increments of 4 seconds since that's the max it'll let me go. I'll see if I can change it later in the settings, but I'll keep trying. Hell, maybe, if I'm crazy enough, I'll ink it to make it smooth. In the meanwhile, this is what I got so far. I continued only 1 extra second from the original one. xDD

Big thanks to @"Vegetto" for letting me bring in my big bad Red Mist. Big thanks to everyone in the RP for giving her some limelight, I'll try my best to make sure she's interesting and fit the idea of TFE.  :pimp:

e2ucrEe.gif

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtxrwoAzDuM[/video]

In case you couldn't tell, I was inspired by this trailer. I will edit a couple of things to make it original, such as who's getting hit, who loses an arm, and a hybrid of two favorite transformations of mine. 

:maybe: <(huehuehue)

I did this little cutie for Loopy a while back. I swear I put this up earlier. Guess not. This is the lovely Evelyn Nicestone, Kire's one, and only bae. I've given Loopy the weekends to play with the Blue Belle. B| xDD It's still a very rough sketch but I might darken it and even color it. Loopy has inspired me to make cute things, but the shadow on my shoulder says suffer. I won't make Loopy suffer too much with Blue Belle... yet.

SHE'S GOT BIG OL' EYES! How can I hurt this innocent little cutie?! Well... 

QgM2kXW.jpg

Se0fJJX.jpg

This is a drawing I made specifically for Reality Vortex but forgot to post it here. Cuki in Tiger Form (I don't have an official name for it yet) I worked hard on trying to make it mysterious but I'm not sure I got that down. Cuki is not happy and she's clearly not having a fun time. B| I wonder what else little Cuki has in store? I should probably draw Byakko next.

God damn! You're on a roll with these new drawings, dude!

I really, really like the Evelyn drawing, and the new form Cuki tapped into. The shading is nice and the colors is pretty good. How long did it took you to draw that one?

I love all these new drawings!!! I hope you will finish that sketch of Blue Belle soon. At least before you decide to make me suffer immeasurable amounts of pain. B| You're also very good at character design.

And I noticed just now that she wears a big necklace of pearls like Julia Child does! (Julia was basically a huge household name way back when she made a French cuisine cookbook in English for "servantless housewives"... I watched the Julie & Julia movie on Netflix and have the book too, it's a very good watch). She'd look very cute in a baker's apron. Just sayin!

That skyline you drew tho... absolutely mindblowing, I'd go insane after the first skyscraper's windows trying to do that on SAI just using the click+shift key form of creating straight lines. The gradients are a nice touch too!

And just to finish my comment with a cursed thought that I will now speak into existence: Cuki now has an official fursuit form. That is all.  :kat: huehuehue

Dropping an unshaded Kire and Evelyn surprise. I haven't drawn in a super long time and it shows. I need to get back to my level but schoolwork is literally kicking my ass. It's easy but a lot of it... I don't know when my next drawing will be and it will obviously be not of great quality either. Well, nothing is set in stone, so let's see where this takes me. I finally have the base colors for Evelyn at least. Those who want to shade it are free to do so.

This is the first time I've ever drawn Kire so happy. He's so happy that he looks calm instead of his usual snarky look. I have to admit, I'm kinda proud of myself for that. As for Lady Evelyn, she's beautiful, so beautiful I'd marry her. Don't ever touch Kire's bae. To be honest, even I'm shocked that a man like Kire managed to snag a beauty like Evelyn. I surprise even myself sometimes. I love this couple so much, they fix each other's flaws and support one another in the most honest way possible. I really hate what I ended up doing between these two but it's a pain that must be dealt with.  :cry:

I constantly think of ways to add these two in RPs and see how they handle being around each other as well how Kire will handle people befriending his bae. He's a bit of a jealous man.

B6dwcXS.jpg

I mean, to be fair, you only been off for like a couple of weeks, so there’s no biggie! I really like the colors you chose for Evelyn. For a while, I kept thinking she had blue hair… weird. :thonk:

Anyways, one thing I think that might be an improvement is making the neck a little shorter when you’re drawing Kire again. Nothing bad, just a tad too long if you catch my drift. If you move his head down a little, bam, it’s pretty much good.

Keep up the good work, Z!

I'll always be Blue Belle's #2 fan... I'd be #1 if that wasn't occupied by her nerdo husband   :grr: This is the first colored pic you've ever done of her methinks! Hope to see more of her, a bit of color always adds a nice dimension to the lines even if you end up not shading it.

ShineCero said:
I mean, to be fair, you only been off for like a couple of weeks, so there’s no biggie! I really like the colors you chose for Evelyn. For a while, I kept thinking she had blue hair… weird. :thonk:

Anyways, one thing I think that might be an improvement is making the neck a little shorter when you’re drawing Kire again. Nothing bad, just a tad too long if you catch my drift. If you move his head down a little, bam, it’s pretty much good.

Keep up the good work, Z!

Thanks a bunch, Shine, I'll be sure to remember that. I need to get back into the swing of drawing since I have just a little bit more free time. As soon as I say that, mid-terms are around the corner. xDD

LoopyPanda said:
I'll always be Blue Belle's #2 fan... I'd be #1 if that wasn't occupied by her nerdo husband   :grr: This is the first colored pic you've ever done of her methinks! Hope to see more of her, a bit of color always adds a nice dimension to the lines even if you end up not shading it.

You'll always get your moment with Blue Belle, so don't worry! She loves everyone, she just loves Kire a little more. xDD The Blue Belle will always invite you over for some lunch and go shopping with you just to make the spicy redhead worry.

Oh yeah, school and other things always get in the way of drawing, but that how life goes. How's your progress on replicating Toriyama's style?

Dropping a new drawing of Zenta and Whis, the two Martial Arts Masters! Since they are carefree, I think they're going to be great friends. You guys have no idea how long it took me to make Zenta's fur. I wanted to emphasize that his fur is al over the place and very sensitive. But that's not all his fur and you can say that it's only a certain form of Zenta; one that strays away from his true roots.  :maybe:

As for Whis, I'm sure he's more than happy to become friends with Zenta, after all, Zenta barely eats so Whis would be glad to eat his portion of food for him. I would love to see these two goonies spar each other but I think it's scarier when they team up, especially since both have an untapped potential that many of their RV buddies don't know about.

I'll color this later.

0M0cbw2.jpg

Z!! I always admire your lines, theyre so clean! And I really love how you do the feet placements! Can’t wait to see it colored!

Quick question and some tips if youre interested in reading them xD 
Do you use a stabilizing/streamline tool when you do the lineart? If so, you should turn it down a little in some places, so that some lines get more dynamic. What I’ve noticed is that if I stabilize my lines too much, the drawing feels flatter and more static.

In general, another tip I’ve read is that when doing the lineart, it helps to make use of the pressure sensitivity so that there feels like more depth is added in the drawing.

Ploep said:
Z!! I always admire your lines, theyre so clean! And I really love how you do the feet placements! Can’t wait to see it colored!

Do you use a stabilizing/streamline tool when you do the lineart? If so, you should turn it down a little in some places, so that some lines get more dynamic. What I’ve noticed is that if I stabilize my lines too much, the drawing feels flatter and more static.

In general, another tip I’ve read is that when doing the lineart, it helps to make use of the pressure sensitivity so that there feels like more depth is added in the drawing.

Thanks Ploep! I keep trying a bunch and I spend hours on these things. Glad you like it! As for the feet, I think it's luck since sometimes I get it and others I don't. xDD

I do stabilize my pen because my hand is very shaky and I don't like erasing. I don't know how to use streamlines (?) and everything I ink is entirely by hand. Also, where does it look flat, I'm curious to know so I can see how I can apply this to other drawings. Also, what are streamlines? xDD

So we finally have an idea of what Kire's Father-In-Law looks like. This is a sketch of Kire with his daughter Jaz and his father-in-law, Mr. Nicestone. Sadly, Evelyn is not in the picture because certain things happened. I gave Kire a new look, making him more casual without his bandana. And yes, that's what Kire's hair is actually like under his bandana. I gave him a hoodie sweater and some loose shorts to show off how skinny he actually is as well as the black ring brands around his leg.

Little Jaz is as cute as ever with her pigtails! She's holding a stone with big old plastic eyes and drew a mouth on it. She's showing it off to her grandpa, Mr. Nicestone who is more than thrilled to see his little granddaughter. After the event with Evelyn, Mr. Nicestone and Kire both cherish and adore the little cupcake known as Jaz and vow to give her the best life possible, despite what she was made to do.

Mr. Nicestone spoils Jaz senseless since he has so much money, being overjoyed about being a grandpa. Kire, overprotective as always, tells him that Jaz will grow up spoiled. Mr. Nicestone laughs and Kire knows there's no stopping him; either way, he wouldn't want to, not after he sees the smile on Jaz's face. Man, the things Kire would do to put a smile on his daughter's face. The things he did to protect his daughter... It honestly makes me cry.

It's not a true Kire story if there isn't grief.

I don't think I'll be inking this one. I like it how it is.

ul4U8o2.jpg

~ Z ~ said:
Ploep said:

I do stabilize my pen because my hand is very shaky and I don't like erasing. I don't know how to use streamlines (?) and everything I ink is entirely by hand. Also, where does it look flat, I'm curious to know so I can see how I can apply this to other drawings. Also, what are streamlines? xDD
Stabilizer and streamline is basically the same thing xD on most programs its called stabilizer, but on procreate its called streamline, i used both words to be on the safe side haah.

Practicing with it off will improve your shaky hand! I personally wouldn’t rely on it too much, or atleast i wouldnt put the stabilizer on max for the whole drawing.
 Like I use it for lineart too, but not too much cuz it dulls the drawing(creating sharp edges gets harder with it on), what would help is to zoom in really close in one part and try to one stroke the thing youre lining. 
But this it all for practicing in general, if you like how your lines look then its fine as it is haha

Your drawings don’t look necessarily flat, but hmm how to explain it, i still struggle with it myself so its hard to explain. 
See, too clean lines with the same thickness start looking like a coloring page at some point. 
So to make it look more like an illustration it maybe would help to makes lines thicker, on certain edges or curves, maybe the chin, or muscles on the arm ,or ears, or the outside of the hair.. it all depends on the drawing itself i guess. Just so that it doesnt look too flat. What im saying it kinda vague but I can’t really word it differently. XD

ShineCero said:
That is adorable! Is that a sock puppet Jaz is holding?

Jaz is holding a stone with those googly eyes. Get it? Stone? Nicestone?

I'll see myself out.

Ploep said:
~ Z ~ said:
Ploep said:

Stabilizer and streamline is basically the same thing xD on most programs its called stabilizer, but on procreate its called streamline, i used both words to be on the safe side haah.

Practicing with it off will improve your shaky hand! I personally wouldn’t rely on it too much, or atleast i wouldnt put the stabilizer on max for the whole drawing.
 Like I use it for lineart too, but not too much cuz it dulls the drawing(creating sharp edges gets harder with it on), what would help is to zoom in really close in one part and try to one stroke the thing youre lining. 
But this it all for practicing in general, if you like how your lines look then its fine as it is haha

Your drawings don’t look necessarily flat, but hmm how to explain it, i still struggle with it myself so its hard to explain. 
See, too clean lines with the same thickness start looking like a coloring page at some point. 
So to make it look more like an illustration it maybe would help to makes lines thicker, on certain edges or curves, maybe the chin, or muscles on the arm ,or ears, or the outside of the hair.. it all depends on the drawing itself i guess. Just so that it doesnt look too flat. What im saying it kinda vague but I can’t really word it differently. XD

Oh, I see! I use a tool that thickens the lines of a drawing but I see what you mean. I should probably thicken the outer lines just a bit more. I get scared if my lines end up too thick but I guess it never hurts to try. I try to keep it mostly flat to make it easier to color. I use the blending tool and airbrush to help with shading and I think it helps it pop out some more. Huh, I should try making a drawing like that and see how it holds up. Thanks, Pinks!

Back
Top Bottom