Z's Drawings

RED MIST IS BEING BAD AGAIN! :wagh: 

Okay, This is the previous drawing (Playing Tag) but COLORED. I tried my hand at shading and I am madly in love with the blending tool. I think this looks good, but not great. Maybe I'm too critical on myself, but I think it's pretty good! Again, don't ask me who's head that is, it's just some random alien! 

Anyway, hope you like it!

B5pdysm.jpg

I worked very hard on this one and I couldn't stop crying. I just wish Kire had such a happy ending. Honestly, he deserves so much better, but the story must go on!

bi64lVH.jpg

Comments.

Playing tag: The colored version of the artwork communicates better the psychotic nature of Red Mist compared to the sketch through the dark colors on her body contrasting with the dark yet vibrant blood she spilled. I liked the sketch a lot so I'm glad to see a colored version.

Never Change: When I looked at the original, I saw it as mostly being an idea that Kire had, but the colored version gives me this sense of being a reality, which I think is an interesting change. Also I was right that Kire passed on his dirty style to Jaz, just look at that freckled face.

White Tiger Cubaki: I'm at a loss for words. She's so smol. So cute. Quite literally chibi. I think you did a good job translating Cuki's standard design into a chibi style, and then altering her Saiyan (cat?) traits into a white tiger's. She still has the baggy pants that Loopy likes to focus on. I jest, I jest. Mostly. As a side note, the choice of top for Cubaki works well with a chibi style. I don't think it would fit a standard Cuki drawing for well, Loopy might go crazy. (Please don't get me Luppy.)

Thanks a bunch, Grey! I'm working hard on practicing my shading and other techniques to make drawing easier for me. I knew your favorite would be Cuki, I wonder why.  :maybe: My personal favorite is "Never Change" because it literally made me cry knowing Kire can never have such a happy ending. 

Also, it might be a possibility that I will start making my story "Behind the Thorns" into a comic. (If not that, then Black Diamond will be drawn out) I have been thinking about Kire so much lately and despite his life, I want to make him known. He's my baby, my favorite of all time. He deserves nothing but the best.

Bruh all these drawings are fuckin rad... I already enjoy your art black and white but when it goes to full color with the gradients... mamma mia
szau3xvk4flx.png

but knowing such a happy family cannot exist because that fragment doesn't exist.... it gives me zetsubou

Also I'm taking chibi Cuki home with me. She's babey. And I like small cute things B| 
Grey can suffer while I take the kitty home

Thank you my young chickling! I worked very hard on the shading and it takes me forever to get it right. But when I get it right, it's simply just...  :Justice:

I still got a long way to go before I can shade like you but practice makes perfect. 

The battle for Cuki will be a bloody one, so both of you nerds will have to fight to the death for my martial arts waifu to come home with you. NOW FIGHT. FIGHT WITH ALL YOUR GLORY. My kitty waifu only follows the most powerful fighter. B|

As for my special redhead and his even more special family... it hurts me deep inside knowing the torment I give not only my readers but myself. I don't deserve him or his family. BLUE BELLE DID NOTHING WRONG BUT WHY DID I DO THIS TO HER?!

Your coloring and line art is really clean and neat Z! 
I’m almost scared to know the story behind Kire since it sounds sad D:
Anyways excited to se more stuff from you!

These are the sketches of all the projects I have in the making. Some are almost finished so I'll let the rest of you guys take a look at how I begin my process, but everything else is a secret.  :maybe: Why not vote for which ones you want to see finished first? However, I cannot promise that I'll finish all of these in a timely manner. Okay, enough talking.

AkeIzYk.jpg

This one is pretty straight forward, Veg asked me for a small comic about the memes that are Vegetto and Kire: Who is the better Father? However, I might drastically change this since I want to keep it nice and short. We'll see.

twm6eCh.jpg

Kire is being overprotective yet again, keeping his little cupcake close and away from the dangerous animals. But... who are the dangerous animals? Only one other person comes to mind...

wfjoaw3.jpg

Evelyn Nicestone, a black belt in martial arts, does not let anything stand in her way. Every time she practices her kicks, they usually need to replace the sandbag after a while.

h97dPXH.jpg

The 'lovely duo' is Evelyn and her fiance, Edwin Walters. Trust me when I say this guy is a control freak. I wonder what secrets he holds and why he has a tight leash on our poor Evelyn.

gUeVDwT.jpg

It's pretty obvious how close these two are. Even a heated argument isn't enough for them to stay mad at each other. This is super friggin' cute to me.

[Continuation of the sketches.]

NWoHG0y.jpg

This little cutie is Marie Hayner, a character from the second part of Kire's life, Purple Heart. She absolutely adores him and wishes to one day live her life with him. She claims she loves Kire more than any other girl.

97LawZQ.jpg

Smith Weston is a man with a younger brother, Mark Weston. He is a master marksman and very rarely misses a shot. He is part of Kire's life in Purple Heart, during the heat of The Great War.

NNdktYV.jpg

This is everyone's favorite furry Martial Arts Master, Zenta. He's balancing on top of a teacup which is on top of a very narrow stick. While he's on top of the teacup, he's balancing other cups on his knee and finger. Look at that concentration!

[Last one, I swear]

IzXRVyV.jpg

For those unaware of who Judas is... we'll get there soon enough. Let's just he's probably the only person Kire is horribly afraid of. Judas believes that being free has consequences, and those who take action and expand their freedoms are the ones who prosper in the end. The things he made Kire do and the pain he's inflicted on him left Kire blind and broken.

Glad you are pumping out content left and right! 

There is a lot of things to unpack here, so I’ll address each drawing one by one. I have known you for about 7 years or so, and honestly, your drawings had improved dramatically since then. You were able to strengthen your craft, redefine your perspectives and focuses largely on improving your anatomy (a powerful skill any artist should have; for example, the drawing of Kire hiding behind Jaz due to being afraid of animals is, I think, is a good way to described decent anatomy of the human body, Evelyn’s Martial Artist drawing is on the nose too). You have your own style, which showcase your commitment and dedication of improving your ability. If you keep this up, you will continue to improve!

Kire and Vegetto comic is quite hilarious! I know you said that Toriyama’s style is rough around the edges, mainly because of his angular style (although recent years, Toriyama’s style soften and went to curves slightly), but this is a good way to replicate such. It’s not exactly like Toriyama, but it’s enough to understand who these characters are. Can’t wait to see the final draft of it!

Speaking of comic, the Kire and Evelyn comic is adorable. I do like the panel composition you went there. It’s short but it establishes the narrative you are trying to show here. Very good.

Kire and Juda’s drawing is pretty damn awesome! I think the only thing I would suggest is working on balancing the eyes. Sometimes they’re either too small or slightly off a bit. Align them a bit and you’re good to do (and sometimes, make them bigger in correspond of how the face is built). Though, it seems that it only happens sometimes. In Marie’s drawing, her eyes are good and balance, but Edwin’s drawing, it seems to be slightly smaller on his face. Keep those in mind!

Zenta is perhaps my favorite work so far, so I want to see this one being completed the most.

New sketch incoming, but first...

Thanks a bunch, Shine! I am still working on some of these projects but I need to do what I promised Vegetto first. I must finish the angry dad meme. I'll be sure to keep this advice close at hand since I do think I need to practice on my eyes. I often find myself struggling with it.

Here's the new sketch.

TiPTa4H.jpg

This is a pretty big file, so brace yourself. I colored the Kire and Judas drawing and let's just say they aren't in the best of terms. It's not finished yet, so yeah.

AZHSUHB.jpg

Some context: Kire Rebbel is bound by contract to a man known as Judas. Judas works primarily for the Red Market, an underground cesspool of illegal human activity. To Judas, everything is a profit, stolen goods, illegal transactions, and human lives. He thrives for money and knows his evil deeds. He cannot change because he refuses to do so, being fully aware of his actions. He hates the rich/upper class but abuses their greedy nature to fuel his control and keep himself alive. Being in the game from such a young age, he is numb to the feelings and pain of others, taking advantage of a person's darkest moment to earn himself a profit. 

He has contracts he dubs 'blood contracts' because of the blood needed to sign it. He uses these to catch people at their most vulnerable by delivering what they need most. In return, they must do what Judas asks them to do or he will take back what he offered. It can be anything from drugs, weapons, or human organs. He is one of the most dangerous, and most wanted men to roam the back streets of Hope City due to his cold-blooded nature and cunning tactics. No one knows how he manages to get his information but many rumors say he owns a couple of rich people who want to 'change' Hope City.

"...You humor me, thinkin' I can integrate myself back into society. I was forced into this life y'know, so I made the best of it! ...I would ratha' get killed surrounded by scum like me than watch myself hang alone in front of your people. It's all a waitin' game at this point, so place your bets! ...'cause no matter how ya' look at it, Ms. Nicestone, either way, I'm already a dead man..."

Z!! The Zenta one has such a good anatomy and pose!! Love that one.
Also I like how much effort you put into your ocs! I just kinda neglect mine and don’t even give them consistent appearances. xD

Two big ones of the mean redhead. He's in his home of Hope City. I did not add windows yet, but I will later on! I will color this and most likely present two different versions. So far, enjoy little ones~!

srnliNh.jpg

SccGiuE.jpg

I love rulers.

My first gif ever! It's of Kire laughing. Obviously, I kept the VERY rough sketches, didn't even detail them! It's so time consuming! This gif isn't even one second long and it took me about an hour to finish it up, and all I did was Copy and paste! Literally 5 frames of animation. 

If anyone says that animation is easy, hit them with a fucking chair.

"Animation is soooo easy! Just draw faster and hire more people!"
Me:

WOFuLFN.gif

Back
Top Bottom