The Snowy Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the group crossed the bridge—whom connects Magician Square and Snowy Mountains—the first thing they witnessed is the beautiful white snow from all corners as far as their eyes can see.

“This is beautiful... but damn, I did not expect this to be this cold!" Liza complained. 

"It is called "Snowy Mountains". Of course it's going to be cold, ya dolt." Iceik responded to Liza’s complaint. “But it does feel great to be back home…” 

“Good thing we pack jackets and stuff!” Bob said, noticing the remains of the Bridge Demon. His guts were still there—if one were to touch it, they would get burned.

Nicori kept close to Asuza since she was warm. Nicori didn't like cold weather too much since he was mostly used to warmer climates. He was indeed fascinated to see nothing but little falling snowflakes. He couldn't make out the snow, however. He turned to Asuza and smiled brightly at her. 

"I bet you don't feel cold at all, 'Suza!" Nicori said, running around the snow. "You're a living torch!"

"Not at all. But last time I came through here, all the snow melted on me and made my clothes wet." Asuza said, able to see her breath in the air as she talked. "This is the place I met the fleabag."

"Fleabag? I have you know, I don't even have a single insect on me!" Iceik responded. 

"Ah, we could meet your species right?" Bob asked.

Iceik narrowed his eyes. "Let's not look for them. Besides, we have to head for Hero City anyways? So we do not have time to mess around!" 

One-Eye was ahead of the group. He had an nostalgia feeling being in the Snowy Mountains again.

"Aww... I wanted to see some more of Ruffy's people." Nicori grumbled, crossing his arms. "I bet they're a bit nicer too..."

Nicori kept at Asuza's side and continued to shiver and shake at the cold he wasn't used to. He looked at One-Eye and tried to brush it off like he did. He puffed out his chest and began to walk away from Asuza next to One Eye. He tried to copy his walk and even his serious face. He looked up at the man.

"You must be like... a secret hero or something." Nicori whispered. "Mr. One-Eye, do you think I can be as cool and strong like you?"

As Nicori talked to One-Eye, he sneezed.

"Troublemakers, the lot of them. He probably doesn't want me to scorch them all to ash." Asuza muttered under her breath. 

"I'd gladly keep our stay up here to a minimum as well." She tried picking up her pace so as to not fall too far behind.

"Darn. Next time then." Bob said. 

"Thank heavens Vox agreed..." Iceik thought to himself. He was not ready to returned to his tribe in this condition. 

One-Eye stared down towards Nicori. He did not smile but he didn't brush off Nicori's question. He nodded his head before returning to the group.

"So, where too Iceik?" Liza asked. 

"Just follow me. It's going to be a long journey, but as long we follow this direction, we'll be there in no time." Iceik started leading the group.

Nicori followed One-Eye and sneezed again. It seems that he wasn't very tolerable of the cold. He instantly ran back to Asuza's safety and warmth and crossed his arms, trying his best to not sneeze again. He was getting a runny nose and grumbled about it.

"S-Stupid cold..." He whined softly.

Vox moves with the group and thinks "I think i willing to trust the native to guide us safely out hear."

"Probably a good idea for you humans and.. whatever Nicori is to have some warmth." Iceik said. "Atleast Vox is taking it like a champ! And One-Eye.." 

"And the snow is pretty deep in certain spots. Make sure you do not fall in! Haha" Bob chuckled. 

"And I sense other energies in the area.." Liza remarked. "So we might get jumped if we let our guard down."

"Other energies?" Nicori sniffled from sneezing earlier. "I can take 'em all on!"

Nicori took a couple steps forward and instantly fell in the deep part of the snow. He yelped slightly and struggled to free himself. He was too small to crawl back out of the snow and he began to whine slightly.

"H-Hey, get me out!"

Vox says amused "Bob you have good timing." To the untrained eye Vox is relaxed. Vox thinks "If no one else will help the boy i will have to."

"Don't squirm, or else you'll sink farther into the snow." Asuza sighed and stepped through the snow towards Nicori and held out her hands. "Come on, the ground under the snow will get muddy if I stand in one place too long."

"Oh!" Bob said. "Better watch your step haha!" Bob fell in the snow as he was saying that. "Ah."

Iceik sweated a bit. "Geez, don't make this journey complicated than it already is."

"Well, it's not really our fault. Things just happen!" Liza resorted back, struggling to move her feet.

"Vox isn't falling through the snow! And look at One-Eye! He's walking like he been here before." Iceik pointed towards One-Eye, only to see that he too, have fell in the snow. "Oh."

Nicori gripped on to Asuza's hand almost for dear life. He was scared but only because he got startled. He was so happy to see her face and gripped on to her like any toddler would. He seemed to have learned his lesson and not steer too far from Asuza. He sneezed again and sniffled, trying to tough it out.

"L-Let's just get out of here, okay?"

Vox says as hands of shadow start to help the others out "way do i think me and Iceik are going be on path finding duty."

"Yeah... even One-Eye sank in it?" Asuza sweated. "Well, now we know to tread even more carefully. Just stay close and it'll be alright. You won't fall if I levitate." She felt rather sorry for the little boy, putting a hand on his head and ruffling his hair gently. "Ready to keep going, everyone?" She asked.

"O-Okie dokie, 'Suza." Nicori sniffled. He took her advice and stayed close to her while the gang continued to roam around the cold mountains. He gripped at Asuza's dress and made sure to keep by her side at all times not just to not fall in the snow again but to keep warm.

"I-It's to cold... Stupid snow..." He said while he kicked some snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom