The Snowy Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
"!!!!" Iceik said. "Y-yes! I think that's the rumor monster!"

"Hahaha! I'm the Hot Spicy Demon! I ate so many hot peppers that I turned into this!" He laughed manically. "It's been years since people cross this way on foot! Now I'll get the chance to taste some meat!" He turns to the gate, with it's metal becoming heated due to Asuza. "And I'll break down that gate and slaughter every single one of them of those damn magicians and maybe even take a couple as my bride!!!" He turns to the duo. "Now, prepare to be mincemeat!!" He'd opened his jaws, gathered high intensity of beat. The temperature around the area began to rise.

Iceik was sweating like a storm, unable to move due to the increased temperature. He'd fell to his knees.

"You waited for us to show up before doing that?" Asuza asked, looking stone faced. "Do demons always talk in monologues? I'm borrowing that axe of yours!" She snatched Iceik's axe and began floating. 

But what would it be doing here in a snowcovered mountaain of all things? That doesn't make a lick of sense....

"Whatever! You talk too much and your breath reeks of rotten turnips!" If she could aim for its eyes and poke them out she could easily pick it off and throw it down the crevasse of the bridge.

"Yes! You have no idea what it like! Because of my body constantly heating up,  I never get the chance to enjoy the snow! However, this area is filled with some mysterious aura that constantly produce the snow!" The demon shouted out. "So, once I'm done with you, I'll build my own ice kingdom! Haha!" He fired off a blast towards Asuza. 

Iceik's ears went up. "I.. I hear something .. another person, the same person I sense before!" For some reason, Iceik felt "fear", the person he sense, he couldn't described in detailed. All he think that whoever coming, had a heart filled with rage.

"How the hell would that even work? Hell freezing over has a better chance...." Asuza used her levitation to try and evade the blast,  although it would annoy her greatly if it happened to singe her clothes, since fire on a fire witch wouldn't be very affective. And neither would fire magic on a fire demon. 

"Why don't you chill out!" Asuza used her remote teleportation to appear up close to the demon's face, swinging the axe with intent to hit its eyes. Even if she had little upper body strength, the witch had little options.

"S-shut up! It doesn't have to make sense for yo-" The demon shouted, but didn't expect the little fire witch to appeared in front of him in a instant. Unable to react, both of his eyes were slashed. "Ayyyahh!" He jump back, covering his face with his arms. "Ahhh! You're gonna get it now!!!!" The monster, unable to see, was going to blow everything in his path. "You're all gonna burn!!" The fire demon was about to unleashed his attack, but he'd stopped when he sense a presence of a man behind him.

Iceik narrowed his eyes. "W-who's that?" 

"...." The man was silent. He stood still on the end road of the bridge.

Asuza's grip on the axe tightened, moving herself backwards to prepare for incoming attacks. She seemed mostly unaware of the man until she heard Iceik speak. "Is that the guy we saw earlier?..." she squinted theough the blowing snow.

"Yes.. that's him.. there's something off about him." Iceik sweated a bit. 

"Huh? Is this your boyfriend!?" The Fire Demon laughed. "No matter.." He turns towards Asuza again. "We're not done yet.. My sight made be gone, but I can still sense you!" The demon rushes towards Asuza.

"Watch out!" Iceik shouted.

Asuza had no time to prepare for another teleport, so she swung the axe backwards over her head and swung it back down to aim for the front of its skull. "Not if I crush your senses out first!" Her swing was ill-timed, and was liable to not connect in time.

The axe struck directly down on the demon's head. Blood sprayed out of it's skull, splitting it wide open as the demon cried in agony. "Uh... you.. think that'll kill me..!?" The demon wrapped it's arms around her. "I-I.. make you squeeze you to deat-th..!" as the blood spilling out of it's forehead. It's speech became slurred. 

"I need to help her.." Iceik tried to move, but couldn't. He turns and noticed the presence of the man walking towards the two battling it out.

"Hnngh! Ack!" Asuza couldn't get a word out due to the monster squeezing the life force out of her torso. She felt her ribcage screaming to be released, her lungs ached for air. But she couldn't so much as breathe in from how hard it had been constricting her. The force made her let go of the axe, the bloody weapon falling into the reddened snow, or what was left of it.

At this rate, I'm going to die...

The demon put more pressured onto her body as the more force he puts in squeezing her. Chuckling as the blood dripped down it's forehead, onto Asuza, he offered one last statement. "Now, this is the last time you'll ever see the day of light! Now d-" He stopped right before finishing his sentence - because he'd heard multiple footsteps, as if one was running. He'd turn around, seeing a blade right before it's eyes. In a swift second, he let go of Asuza, as his body was being tore into multiple pieces, flinging around to different directions. It's opened it's wounded eye, to see the wicked smile the man bore before passing on. 

Piles of it's body dropped onto the floor as the man finished his attack. Some of the pieces landed on Asuza- some in her hair, some on her dress. The man stood up, after finishing his attack and turns toward the young one.

"W-what the..?" Iceik said. He realized that his body is no longer under extreme temperature, able to move again. The snow began to slowly returned. He rushed towards Asuza. "Y-you're okay?"

"Aside from being covered in body parts and maybe a broken rib or three, I th-think I'm >cough< fine..." Asuza was on her hands and knees trying to regain her breath. "Sorry I dropped your axe... that thing is heavy..." she turned her blurry gaze to the man who had cut down the monster in seconds.

"It's fine.." Iceik said. He didn't want to get on her bad side straight from the start. He picked up the axe, as he tried to help Asuza on her two feet. "Think you can stand or move?" He turns to the mysterious man. He felt nervous upon seeing him. "Uh.. thanks?"

The man didn't respond.

"And my dress got all soiled anyway... Hurts to stay upright..." Asuza muttered under her breath. "Thank you." She said to the man. "We would have been lunch if you hadn't stepped in. I don't know how we can repay you." The girl struggled to get out, gripping her side tightly. "I suppose we were headed the same direction. I'm Asuza."

The man didn't say anything in respond. Instead, he simply relied on "body language". He nodded in disagreement of Asuza's talk of 'repaying' him. 

"I'm Iceik.." Iceik said. "Ice Wolf Demon.. as Asuza said.. you sure saved our necks.."

The man shifted his eyes towards the demon, causing Iceik to be frighten a bit. He'd cried out in fear a little. "What's up with this man? What with those eyes..? That presence I felt.. felt nothing but pure rage.." Iceik thought to himself. 

"He doesn't seems to be the talkative type.." Iceik said o Asuza.

"Not a problem for me. I don't like chatterboxes." Asuza said to Iceik, pickingoff bits of mutilated flesh from her hair. 

"Since we both appear to be leaving here, the gates might have already cooled back down from that nuisance of a demon." She walked back to the gates amd put her hands back on them. "....still a bit warm, but I'd have to heat it again to let you break it open." The witch squeezed her hands again just enough to heat the bars back up, stepping away once she did it. "Okay, now you can strike it."

Iceik nodded. He went towards the gate with axe. "Okay.." He swung the weapon over his head, slamming the gates wide open. "It's done.. From here on out.. we're entering Paradice Territory. We have to go through Magician Square in order to get to the rest of the land. Though, I don't know my way through the dreaded place. I would leave, but.." Iceik turns to the mysterious man, and then turns back to Asuza. "It would be a pain in ass you leave like that, and you might haunt me or something like in my dreams." Iceik said, offering to help move her to the land.

The man behind them didn't respond. It seems that he was willingly to help too.

"Considering it hurts to merely breathe right now, I'd certainly learn to cast a couple of hexes your way if you let me get through like this." Asuza agreed, cracking a smile, though it just seemed more of a menacing one. "I need all the help I could get right now from you both. Not to mention if I continue to use my magic energy, I'll be all out before I would really need to use it. If you're confronted, I'll think up of a lie to save your hide." She laughed silently.

"After all, I did nearly cook you alive back there. Wouldn't be too hard to say I brought you with me for an extra reward." The young woman coughed again, clutching her side tighter. She was in worse shape than she thought.

"Y-yea.." Iceik sweated a bit. "Let's just focus on getting you some treatment before it gets worse from there." 

The mysterious man offered to carried her, as it would be the faster way to get to the Magician Square, without any hassle. Of course, he'd made sure that to caused her even more pain than usual. It seems that he's have somewhere to be? Nevertheless he looked towards Iceik; once again, it frighten the little ice wolf.

"Uh.. looks like you're asking me where to take her..?" Iceik said. The man nodded. "Well, there's lots of places where they can give her some treatment in the Magician Square. However, I don't know the exact location.. so we just have to find someone until we met one of those." 

The man stay silent. He crossed the gate, heading towards Magician Square, with Iceik simply followed.

"Any place will be fine if they can treat... possibly broken... ribs." Asuza had to pause between her words due to limiting how much breathing she was doing so as to not exacerbate her injuries. 

"Th-thanks for helping carry me..." Though her cheeks turned a bit pink in embarrassment since she wasn't used to it and was also not used to being that badly injured. Though she seemed to be nodding off, but the pain wouldn't allow her any sleep. So she just closed her eyes to try and meditate her mind away from focusing on the pain of her injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom