The Snowy Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No, she's my friend. Megumi is too much of an impulsive person to listen to people. But the difference between you and her would probably be your looks and attitude. She likes getting into fights too. But I have yet to see her back down from one." Asuza replied. "If anything, you're my minion for now"

"Uh.." Iceik sweated a bit. "I- I see.." Iceik cleared his throat. "I should watch my tongue.. this girl is quick to get angry.." From there, he'd look from afar, seeing a large bridge. "There, a Magic Bridge.." Iceik pointed. "It will take us to Magician Square, thus entering the Paradice Region." He said. "However... there's apparently a monster on that bridge.. for a while now."

"I don't have a slight clue." Iceik said. "All I heard was a rumor, but it would be wise to keep your toes. Though, with you, the monster will probably end up running away." As they approach the bridge. "There it is.. once we crossed this.. we'll be able to reach Paradice Region."

"I'll try not to burn down the bridge itself..." Asuza looked at the bridge and hesitantly took a step forward. "Hopefully we can just get past it in peace..."

I don't really want to get in another fight again...

LoopyPanda said:
"I'll try not to burn down the bridge itself..." Asuza looked at the bridge and hesitantly took a step forward. "Hopefully we can just get past it in peace..."

I don't really want to get in another fight again...

Iceik followed suit. The air was dense, but it was silence. The condition of the bridge was filled with foul smell and planets covering the wooden floors. As of the bridge hasn't been maintenance for years. Perhaps the rumor of the monster speaks the truth? 

"So far, so good." Iceik said. "Nothing out of the ordinary.."

"Smells horrible." Asuza plugged her nose while they walked, though she levitated since she didn't feel like wasting too much time checking each wooden board to see if it would break from whether or not it was too rotten to support any weight.

Iceik noticed that the end of the otherside was near. "Ah! We're nearly there. Once we cross this bridge, we're now in the Paradice Region.." Iceik said, going forward. "Just a couple more steps."

"No wasting time. Not waiting for something under that bridge to snap its jaws up and eat us." Asuza hurriedly levitated over to the side of the bridge, setting her feet down. "Now let's book it before anything else decides to come out and play."

"Right.." Iceik said. They've crossed the bridge without any form of problems, arriving at the gate. Iceik turns his heads towards the bridge. "Huh, I guess it's nothing more than a rumor after all. Or perhaps it's simply not interested in us?"

"Whichever is true, I'm just glad we could cross it witjout something trying to eat us." Asuza remarked. "But there ought to be a reason why its an urban legend. To keep the monster kids away?"

"Perhaps so. Could be one of those thing to keep children away from Demons lurking in the Paradice Region. They're ... not overly kind about Demons over there." Iceik said. "If anything, just past that gate will net you to your next location."

================

The man seen a bridge where the two crossed. "...." He began crossing the bridge.

Iceik's ears went up and turns towards the direction of the bridge. "Y-yeah.. looks like someone was following us." He sweated a bit. Iceik seen a strange man in ragged clothing off int he distance. "I'm seeing someone.. not a monster.. but looks like a man..W-who's that?" Iceik narrowed his eyes. "I-I think we should get out of here."

"Then let's keep moving. If he hasn't spotted us already we should be in the clear. If he already has, then we shouldn't make it obvious we're in a rush to leave." Asuza started trekking through the snow again. "The smow could easily cover our tracks anyway."

"Right." Iceik hurried towards the gate that separate the two regions of Empire State and Paradice. "We just need to opened it. Don't seems to be anyone patrolling around here at the moment."

Red-glowing eyes through the fog around the bridge; it seems to rushed in faster towards Asuza and Iceik.

"Then how about you swing that axe of yours around?! I don't want to be here and longer than I should!" Asuza grabbed the bars of the gate and squeezed her hands, attempting to use fire magic on them. "Right after I heat these shitty gates up...!:

Iceik pulled out his axe behind his back, with the aura forming around it. "Alright, it's easy! Once you getting it at the proper tempreature, I'll smash it!"

Suddenly, a large-demonic like monster appears behind Iceik, widening it's jaw towards the little wolf demon. It's body burst into flames as it charge in, growing closer and closer.

Asuza looked over her neck and saw the monster heading for them, grabbing Iceik by his neck fur in haste before teleporting them both remotely to a spot several yards away from their position at the gates.

"Is that the bridge monster?! And it uses fire too... just my luck."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom