The Snowy Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah..." Iceik felt a sense of guilt for bringing up the question to her. "Yikes, I didn't want to make her feel bad." He thought. Soon after Vox's comment on being ready for anything, Iceik's ears spiked up. "Spoke too son, Vox. There is on to something coming in our direction. I hear noises that only come from an vehicle. And it is coming in fast."

"What?" Liza raised a brow. "What the heck it's doing all the way out here? Isn't the snow too dense for this kind of driving?" 

"Empire State is the most advanced place in the planet. So it's not surprising if they create cars that can handle this kind of thing." Bob pointed out. "Best to prepared as Vox suggested." Bob said. 

============

"There." Robotto pointed out to them. "Just a couple more feet..."

Giga Impact clenched his fist, but made sure that it's hidden away from Lyrik's eyesight. "You best to be prepared for this, boy." 

Lightning Rider smirked. "Finally some action. Maybe this time, they won't run away on me?"

"S-Shouldn't we slow down a bit?" Lyrik said as he listened to the group. "We don't wanna run over the kid!"

"Trust me, I'm not planning to run over the kid..." Byll said as he sped up even more. He forced the car over a snowy hill and he aimed the vehicle directly to try and run over One-Eye because he was the most powerful. "I'm trying to get rid of the biggest threat here!"

====

Nicori's little antennae twitched and he stared in the direction of the car heading directly to One-Eye. He tilted his head and seemed both amazed and confused at how the day was turning out. He kept close to Asuza however.

"Is that the car Ruffy was talking about?"

Vox summons a Earth elemental to stand between the car and One-Eye.

Vox says "Liza an EMP shooed short out the car if my elemental can't and that goes for you moving out the car's path One-Eye." Vox thinks "The elemental I called forth should be more than able to do it but better safe than sorry and don't want seem to powerful."

It seems that the Earth elemental seems ready to stop the car.

One-Eye narrowed his right eye when he seen the car rushing towards him. Before he could move, Vox had created a wall of earth in front of him. This was a chance to jumped away to gain some distance of whatever it was that tried to run him over.

Liza noticed the wall and nodded to Vox's suggestion. "I don't know what the heck is going on, but..." Liza summoned her wand and released a small lightning strike towards the vehicle. It was small enough to damaged the car, without hurting anyone else, to confirmed what it going on.

Iceik sweated a bit. "Nicori, get back. Looks like we got trouble..."

====

"What the hell are you thinking!?" Robotto said. "Are you nuts!? The guy is crazy!" He jumped out of the car and rolled over the snow. 

"Looks like it's not stopping anytime soon. They seems to be aware of our presence." Giga Impact said. "We bail before getting crushed by this wall?"

Quickly being made aware of a possibility of imminent danger, Asuza quickly moved to grab Nicori and move back in order to distance them from the approaching vehicle as much as possible. "Wait a second... I recognize one of the voices! Nicori, don't let go of me." If it was who she thought it was, she wasn't going to hold herself back. "Stay on guard."

The Earth elemental stops the vehicle with ease.

Vox moves back a little bit as well and says "some one should be ready to defend Nicori."

"Hey, I remember that stupid Robot dude!" Nicori twitched. "He's the one who tried to take me away in a stinky old bag! Ruffy helped me out that day!"

Nicori kept well behind Asuza and had a hard grip on her dress as she ordered to not let go. He grumbled to himself but he didn't like the experience that Robotto gave him. He only remembered how badly hurt Iceik got. Now that he brought friends, he assumed the worst.

"Be careful 'Suza... these guys really hurt Ruffy." Nicori whispered. "I don't want you getting badly hurt because of me.."

====

Byll jumped off the car and landed on the snow. His chemical gases surrounded him and began to melt the snow a little. The two holes in his palms released a poisonous gas which didn't affect his team. He gazed at the people before him and fired a large cloud of deadly green gas. 

Lyrik jumped off the car and landed gracefully on his feet. He noticed Nicori behind the group of savage kidnappers. He smiled to himself and put on his wireless headphones before blasting the music in his ears. As the mysterious Citris Man promised him, Lyrik's movements were much faster than his fight with Broly.

Whoa! I really am a lot stronger! This guy sure works miracles! Lyrik thought to himself. But I gotta get that kid to safety first! These guys will pay for kidnapping this weird kid!

Iceik noticed the cloud of poisonous gas coming towards Asuza and the rest of the group. In quick reaction, Iceik inhale, to the point that his belly became bloated, and exhaled a great deal. The force of the breath blew away the cloud to another direction. As he tried to regained his strength after exhausting himself, he noticed Robotto. "You... you're that robot thing that attacked Nicori!"

One-Eye's eyes narrowed and became to smirk. He also recognized the robot he fought earlier. The blood-lust surged as One-Eye gripped onto his sword more tighter than usual. 

Giga Impact jumped out of the vehicle and placed his hands over to Lyrik and the others. "Don't move. Let me do the talking." He noticed that Iceik blow them away. He lifted his right hand towards the group. "Hand over the kid. We don't want to do this the hard way." He raised a brow when Nicori, Iceik and possibly the witch recognized him. He turns to Robotto. "Why didn't you tell me that they actually saw you?" He was thinking in his head.

Robotto shrugged it off. "Roll with it." 

"Uh, who the heck are you and why are you're attacking us?" Liza said.

"We're heroes..." Giga Impact said. "We're to received this kid and returned him to his caretakers." 

"Heroes? What is your hero name then?" Liza demanded.

"Giga Impact." Giga Impact stated.

"Never heard of you." Liza respond. "Anytime a new hero appears, they usually announced it on their official website right away." 

"......" Giga Impact shut up by the quick respond.

"I know. But I just need you to trust us all, Nicori. We won't let them lay a finger on you." Asuza's mindset shifted now. She recognized Robotto among them now, so her objective was to torch them all into submission. The witch clenched her fist and it heated up quickly. "Agreed. One of you goons, I caught trying to kidnap this child. I don't think a Hero would try and do something like that so discreetly." 

Looks like One-Eye didn't damage him enough. I don't think he'll allow them to escape this time. And neither will I. On the bright side, the robot one probably never caught sight of me when I saw him run off. So he doesn't know my attack patterns well enough. But he saw One-Eye's and has company now. Asuza thought, the cogs turning over in her head. 

"You'd think they would send some less threatening-looking Heroes to rescue a small child. A lot of trouble to come all the way from the Empire State for a child." Based on what Nicori had told her, his mother would have sent some capable people with no need to contact an Organization a whole region away. "Either way, you lot seem adamant on taking him. Which we won't be allowing."

Lyrik and Byll stopped their attack and listened to Giga. Lyrik listened to both sides and wondered what Nicori and Iceik meant by kidnapping Nicori a while ago. He looked over at Robotto and Giga, wondering if they might have been too harsh on the kid. Then again, he wondered if they really were heroes. As of now, he completely believed them but the others seem to make a valid point. When Liza knocked Giga down, he stepped in.

"Trust us, we won't hurt the kid." Lyrik said calmly. "I'm a hero known as Lyrik and I am registered in Empire State. These guys told me that this child was held captive and I only want to return him to his family."

===

"Lyrik..?" Nicori said softly. "I've heard of that hero... He's a fresh new Hero who went on a mission with two others. He and his friends were badly beaten up by some big green guy." He looked up at Asuza. "Hey 'Suza, I think this Lyrik guy might be telling the truth. Before I ran away from Lix, I heard something about a hero that suddenly went missing. I think this might be him."

Vox says nicely and calmly "Lyrik, you may be a hero but I think there rest of the group I think my group may have bad blood with the rest for your group."

A few kilometers away, a large truck was moving at casual speed on the snow. The truck seemed heavily built, with thick metal all around. It was as if it was used to carry something that could potentially break lose. 

"Hopefully we'll reach the border by tomorrow." The driver was talking to the man sitting next to him.

"Yeah. And we'll be filthy rich." The man replied. He was holding a machine gun. A hunting gun was put leaning on the door by his feet. "This went way easier than I thought." 

"Though, I doubt they'd pay us the initial price. The animal is heavily altered. They asked for a bear, not a goddamned robot." 

"Maybe. But it was the only one we could find in years man. They are supposed to be extincted. Those guys at the exotic market should thank us for stumbling across it." 

Behind them, a loud snorting sound could be heard coming from the back of the truck. Then silence. The man with the gun opened the slide window to check the back. Then he sat back down again.

"Anyway, getting past the border should be the trickiest." 

"You better give it another dose of anesthetic before we cross. I don't want it to cause any noise."

"Yeah. Sure."

"Damn, they are not budging at all." Giga Impact thought to himself. "This is going to be a pain. Thought we can avoid this without having to fight it out. Especially with that guy over there... I can sense millions of lives were shed with his blade..." Giga Impact eyed on One-Eye. 

"Listen. We don't have time to explained to a bunch of civilians. Simply give us the kid and that's all. It's not like you have any ties to him in the first place." Giga Impact said.

Robotto tried to turned this around. "I was trying to prevent him from being kill by him." Robotto pointed his finger to One-Eye. "You know, the mass murdering psychopath."

"It isn't like One-Eye would allow a tin can like you to shove a child into a sack as part of returning him to his parents." Asuza objected coldly. "Does that sound like a harmless act to you, Mister Hero?"

She looked down at Nicori. "Think about it, Nicori. You mentioned that Lix and a couple of other names that your mother appointed to care for you. Why would she send a bunch of Empiricans to come get you instead? Why not even a fellow mage from those societies of magic? Isn't it odd that a rookie happens to go missing and shows up with a group that look like they just got out of a street brawl? Awfully convenient if you ask me. You've failed to convince me I should have any faith in your words, so I won't be turning over Nicori to you lot." Asuza glared at them all with a calculating look and tightened her grip on Nicori. "Heroes wouldn't speak with such a cold detachment either. Not even to a child, would there be such a lack of compassion in your voices. Even less of a reason to believe you. Now let us pass through, or I make you." For the time being, she heeded Nicori's words and planned to at least spare the one with headphones on. But the rest, she'd torch if they decided to engage her.

"That's the murderer..?" Lyrik said while looking over at One-Eye. He shivered slightly because he was intimidated. "Robotto is right! He must've been trying to save the poor kid from this murderer! You should just let us return this poor kid back to his family before this man slices him and you all in half..."

Lyrik seemed more truthful with his words compared to the others but he knew the situation was grim.

"Listen kiddo, this guy has killed more people than anyone you know..." Byll said with annoyance. "None of you are safe around him so I suggest you listen to us and think about the safety of the child."

====

"Mr. One-Eye a murderer?" Nicori looked at One-Eye and gripped harder on Asuza's dress. "If he's so bad why didn't he attack us yet? I'll tell you why! He's trying to impress 'Suza! Mr. One Eye never hurt any of us! He helped us fight that big ugly blizzard machine thing..."

Nicori poked his head out from behind Asuza and stuck his tongue out. He listened to what she said and began to come to the conclusion that these men are not exactly friends of his Mother or anyone he knew.

"You're right 'Suza! Mama would send one of those three goof-balls to come get me! She knows they'll get the job done and they wouldn't let anyone hurt me! Ever!" He pointed at the group before them, keeping himself protected behind Asuza. "You guys are just fakes! Don't you make me mad because if I do you'll be sorry! You don't want me to call Mama on you! She's the strongest mage in all of Booga! She's crush you guys with one swing of her pencil!"

Vox says nicely "I think Nicori wants to say with us Lyrik. I hope that you and your group will respect his wishes."

"This is pointless." Lightning Rider came out from the destroyed car. "If we can't get the kid through peace, then, we'll just have to do it..." He jumped into the air and landed on the ground, hard, creating cracks underneath. "FORCE!" 

[align=center][video=youtube]

Lightning Rider charged towards the group, aiming to slammed his fist onto Asuza. However, One-Eye went between the two of them, blocking his attack. This created a shock wave around the area. This caused Iceik and Bob to be flung backwards.

"Whoa!" Iceik said.

"Guess we're in battle mode already?" Bob said.

Giga Impact clenches his fist. "Looks like there's no way out of this..." He turns to Lyrik and Byll. "Lyrik and Byll. These people are hostiles. Sometimes, we heroes, are forced to do the last resort. Recuse Nicori is our priority. Now go!" Giga Impact jumped backwards, away from the battle.

"Damn. Oh well..." Robotto lifted hand towards Vox and Liza, releasing a energy blast towards them. 

"Vox! Watch out!" Liza shouted.

"You hear that?" The hunter leaned forward to look out the windshield.

Their surrounding shook a bit. Some tree-tops shook. A few animals ran from their hidings.

"Probably an avalanche somewhere." The driver shrugged.

An animal grunt came from the back of the truck. The animal at the back of the truck had probably startled by the noise.

"NAh, no worries, it won't be able to break out." The guy with the gun said, seeing the worried expression of the driver. "At least not until the drug completely worn off."

The noise subsided quickly.

"See? It's can't even stand up yet."

The truck continued on.

Vox says as a wall of earth blocks the energy blast "had a feeling this would happen." The earth elemental starts to charge Robotto.

"W-Wha?!" Nicori jumped at the sight of them attacking his friends. He gripped on to Asuza as tight as he could, too scared to let go of her. "W-Why do they want me?! I didn't do anything!"

====

Lyrik seemed hesitant about fighting but he wanted to get Nicori safe and sound more than anything. He blasted the music in his headphones and his movements became swift and nimble. He rushed through the snow like an ice skater. 

I don't think attacking them is such a good idea... Lyrik thought to himself. But I want to save that kid.

Byll smirked and felt happy to finally fight for once. He unleashed a toxic gas from his palms to the group holding Nicori. The gas mixed with the cold air and dropped down as a thick snow at the group. He smirked under his mask and seemed to waiting or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom