The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross casts feather falling on the crystal making it drop gently.

Cross says "Way do I think entering that fool's(Gegeta) mind will be an action I take to day?"

Bage swiftly caught the crystal before it could hit the ground, letting out a small sigh of relief from his nostrils. At least the crystal was spared. His eyes focused on Gogeta for a few more seconds, then soon after turned his attention to the officers. 

"I'm sorry the both of you had to see that, I promise I have everything under control." He smiled awkwardly toward them, politely taking the bag from them and placing the larger fragment into the bag before handing it back. "And don't be too harsh with the little guys, they actually brought us most of the evidence you see here. Though, I just got word to head back so I'll be going and taking the Breakers with me. We'll leave the rest up to you." 

He kept the bottle hidden away in his coat and nodded to the Officers, turning away and heading back toward the city. "Bernkastel, please hand that other crystal shard to the officers, and then let's head out." He said to the small sorceress as he continued walking. "Let's go Breakers. We've got a new objective."

Bernkastel seemed only slighty relieved at Gogeta following Bage's order since the mannerisms of anger were still evident in his demeanor. The officers crowding around only seemed to worsen it by making Spina look even more sour than he usually did. For several moments Bernkastel stared at Gogeta's back with furrowed eyebrows, trying fruitlessly to figure out what was going on in that head of his.

At Bage's order, she merely stared at the ground and gave a tired sigh in a flat tone. "Fiiiiine." Not even looking the officers in the eye, she just held out her hand with the fragment towards them. Her enthusiasm with helping solve the case was instantly snuffed out.

Berserk closely studied each Breakers' reaction towards Gogeta's outburst closely with a haughty smile on her face. Avalon's remark implying the Breakers are legitimate friends made her utter a quiet chuckle. 

"You're funny, Pointy-ears. All you hafta do is watch from afar for now. Mr. Gogeta might not be the only one among them who thinks that way..." Berserk trailed off before her expression brightened up. "But if you ask me, I'll gladly get outta here. I don't think this kinda stuff is my thing, it's too methodical and boring-- maybe Mr. Bage has somethin' funner to do!" She exclaimed as she dug into her pockets and pulled out a few pennies to keep the persistent gremlins occupied and dropped them on the floor.

Spina stared at him for a couple more seconds, before walking in conjunction with the others. “I didn’t see anything grandstanding that’ll be a great of help.” His tone was off, trying to calm himself down after the show Gogeta had displayed seconds prior. “There’s a coin inside that crystal, and those creatures are trying to get to it.” Seeing Bage hand over the bag with the shard to the officers. “We were about to put the shard on the crystal and see what would happen, but you guys can handle that from here. Maybe that coins are from the children, and something else is out there, killing them.” It was the only thing he could muster since right away, the investigation was a sham because of Gogeta’s actions.

Seeing Bage ordering them to follow suit—the attempt to start off good was once again ruined. The old Saiyan clenched his hand so hard, his nails pierced through his skin. “God damn it all.” Was all he could mustered as he followed behind Bage.

Cross says "then Gogeta shooed have expand that too us before saying he going to destroy it. The problem with that is we don't know the effect doing that would have on the coin/person."

Gogeta stared down at the ground for a few moments, his scowl remaining. His attention seemed to snap back to reality, having lifted his gaze up to a horizontal stare. He kept his arms at his sides, walking after the others. His narrowed blue eyes found Cross as he passed.

The frustrated expression suddenly shifted, however, as Gogeta suddenly broke out into a viscous and cocky smirk as he passed, audibly scoffing.

“Tsk...what a surprise. All you do is talk like you know what’s going on, but you never know what to do.”

Gogeta shook his head, turning his back to Cross in passing by.

“You should join that news station, since talking is all you’re good for. Weakling.”

Cross says with a chill back to Gogeta "Your free to confuse restraint for weakness, brat (Gogeta)."

"Yes sir, Detective Bage! We'll handle everything from here." Holmes saluted to the Detective before turning to the Petrovic. "Whelp, you heard him, let's get to work."

"Right, but before that..." Petrovic pointed at Zenta and indicated to him to come with him. "You are not off the hook, c'mere."

Zenta frowned before casually following Petrovic behind some trees. It wasn't long until Petrovic began scolding him for the behavior of the Breakers as he waved his arms around frantically. All Zenta could do was bow his head and nod in agreement, apologizing each time Petrovic brought up a point. The lecture continued for several minutes until Petrovic walked away from the Beast, returning to his duty with Holmes. Zenta remained put, removing the visor from his face as he rubbed his temple and forehead while shaking his head in complete and sighing in utter embarrassment.

"Did you really have to be rough on the guy? He seems a lot nicer than the others." Holmes said to Petrovic as he carefully placed the bloody shoe in a bag. 

"I let him off with a warning," Petrovic said sternly while taking photos. "Hmph, at least they managed to find a ton of evidence, so that's good. More importantly..." Petrovic stared at the evidence bag that had the larger crystal inside it. "What in the world could that be and what does it have to do with the kids?"

"No idea, but it looks like we'll be sticking overtime to try to fix it. Man... I had a dinner planned with my wife tonight too..."

"Hmph, I can't stand those who ruin it for others," Avalon said in a serious tone to Berserk. "Everyone deserves a chance to bounce back up, even the Breakers. They were so close too! But maybe you're right, let's follow Detective Bage and leave this investigation to the professionals..."

Damn, what a shame. This could have really boosted their name and from the looks of it, they all looked forward to this too...

Zenta walked back to the group while placing his visor back on. He carried his usual serene smile as he approached them, arms clasped behind his back. Avalon stared at the beast and remembered he heard some of the scolding Petrovic handed to him which caused his gaze to fall to the floor. He seemed confused as to how Zenta can remain so calm despite that troublesome quarrel with Petrovic. As the group began to follow Bage, Avalon slipped by Zenta's side and examined him from head to toe, trying to spot any hints of anger or stress. How come he's not mad..? He must be really good at hiding it.

"...Yes?" Zenta spoke to Avalon while he continued to walk. 

"Oh, uhh!" The elf studdered as Zenta suddenly spoke to him. "Errm, Zenta, was it? Mind if I ask you something? The issue you had with Officer Petrovic, didn't that upset you? I mean, if it was me, I would have been pretty angry."

"It was humiliating, yes, but I am not upset. I am rather relieved, truth be told."

"I don't get it, why?"

"Officer Petrovic was going to inform Detective Goku about the behavior of the Breakers. I cannot allow that due to... certain circumstances. He agreed to not tell Goku about today's events due to Bage handling the situation. He let me off with a warning, saying he will 'write me up' for misconduct on their part."

"So you took the blame for them..? How's that fair?" Avalon pouted. 

"Fairness is not measured in a scale of right or wrong, but in a balance of actions and their consequences. While you may see it as unjust to me, you only see part of a picture that is covered in shadows." Zenta hid a chuckle under his hand. "Believe me, I agree with your views, but the Breakers will appreciate the chance I gave them knowing their history with Detective Goku. That alone makes up for the humiliation."

As Zenta and Avalon spoke with one another, the group followed Bage and his objective as the sun started to set over the horizon.

[The Breakers and Bage would arrive in the apartment.]

Cross says as he starts to make Dinner for the group "Since Berserk made breakfast I gest I can make dinner." Despite being an undead Cross dos show that he is very skilled in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom