The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reflection City Outskirts

Being flung towards the ground at blinding speeds, Gogeta tensed and grimaced in pain as he quickly righted himself in the flight down. The lack of any damage done to him before he was flung gave him the capability to focus on recovering, the fusion crashing into the cement below and uplifting a massive explosion of cement from the impact of his legs cratering the ground beneath him. He floated up from the small oval shaped hole he left, glancing around and soon finding his sight on Zenta.

Tsk...these damn things keep grabbing me. If only I could do that body morphing technique...

Gogeta blinked widely, a momentary shocked expression soon morphing into a devilish smirk as he clenched his fists.

"Heh...if I can't morph my body...I'll just make more of them! I'll make a gang of Blue Devils!!"

A bright blue gleam suddenly radiated from around the blue fur that adorned Gogeta's body, his eyes shutting tightly as he took in a deep, heavy breath through his nose. Proudly placing his fists on his hips, Gogeta slowly opened his eyes while a pair of identical clones seemingly peeled off his body. The three Gogetas floated in the air for only a moment, and within another second, two more identical copies peeled off the clones outside the original floating in the middle to bring the total to five.

Gogeta giggled happily to himself, proudly pumping his fists in excitement while his clones mimicked his bright enthusiasm.

"Now it's our turn!! Blue Devils-"

The fusion threw his right arm down, pointing at the swarm of Xy'phers rushing on the pinned Zenta.

"ATTACK!!"

In a thunderous crackle high above the city ground, five streaks of blue flames erupted forward towards the group below. In flash of blue light, the first clone arrived in the form of his boots slamming down into the whip still constricting Zenta; the immense impact force shattering both the whip in half and cratering the ground where he landed. The second clone blitzed into the damaged Xy'pher that was the source behind the whip, tackling into it and rolling across the cement with it before hurling it outwards into the sky at blinding speeds.

The third clone crashed towards the ground, shattering the slab of concrete that blocked the bullets from hitting the President. Rushing up to the Xy'pher, the clone landed with his arms cradling an ominous gleam of blue energy and light.

"This attack...will extinguish every cell in your body!! Ha!!"

The clone threw its arms forward, yet the ominous roar and light of the attack was no where in sight in his outstretched palms. Instead, a colorful paper cone popped out of thin air in the fusion's hands; a loud pop of gas rung out and confetti raining down on the Xy'pher's head. The clone of the Super Saiyan 4 Blue Gogeta soon stuck out his tongue in a playful and devilish grin at the Xy'pher, and within a second, the fourth clone's fist shot outward from the center of the creature's chest. The fourth clone yanked out the core of the creature's center, turning around to drop it on the floor before promptly slamming his foot down onto the mass of crystal and coin.

However, the immense force of wind and turbulence kicked up by the third clone's arrival sent the President flying in the opposite direction. Yet before the bearded man could fly off too far in the wind storm, the original Gogeta soon arrived and caught the President in his arms.

The other clones soon straightened themselves out, having broke off the bindings that held Zenta and turning towards the Xy'phers still gathering towards the group. Gogeta kept his devilish smirk as he held the President; the smaller man like an infant in his cradled hold while the fusion spoke with a loud tone.

"Listen up, Xy'phers! These handsome Blue Devils and I are here to take this city back! And if you wanna get-"

Gogeta promptly latched his right hand onto the collar of President Beard's suit, hoisting the man easily up into the air with one arm like bait towards the creatures.

"-him...you're gonna have to go through us!"

A flash of blue flames erupted around each of the Gogeta clones, all bearing the same excited and devlish grin of the original while Gogeta's vest and sash rippled into the wind from the surge of energy, the blue fur glistening while he bore his white teeth.

"Let's do this!!"

Recon Hub

Cayde blinked widely, turning around at the sight of the Xy'pher dogs regenerating. He swallowed hard, quickly glancing between the packs to count how many threats were present.

"Right...they regenerate..."

He quickly brought up his hand cannon, firing off two rounds at the four approaching dogs as they rushed him from left to right. His shots were spaced; one slamming into the back dog on the right but his left shot missing the two on the left entirely as they lunged at him. He hacked in pain as he was brought down and pinned, his eyes widening at the sight of the machine gun barrel pointing outward at him from the dog's mouth. Faced with the apparent doom that was coming, Cayde simply showed his true colors in his final moment: groaning audibly with a pouty, mechanical voice in clear frustration for the unbelievable phenomenon of a machine gun within the Xy'pher dog's throat.

"Oh c'mon!!"

Yet his death did not come; the trash shield blocking the incoming fire of the dog's automatic fire. Cayde gasped, glancing briefly towards Emilyn in a shocked yet intrigued stare before rapidly focusing back on the combat situation entirely. He yanked the shield from Emilyn's grip, utilizing the shaking metal while it took the volley of gunfire. Cayde yelled dramatically as he ran forward, bashing the shield into the dog's muzzle to temporarily stun the creature. He quickly yanked a small metal combat knife from his belt, swinging widely and stabbing the creature in its throat before quickly yanking the entire beast's head off. Tossing it to the side, the android glanced down at the mangled machine gun hanging from the beast's neck; his brow furrowing in absolute confusion.

"I'll never get used to this place."

Cayde panted heavily, but barely had time to recover as he quickly huddled down to the ground behind the metal shield with Emilyn as the left dog unleashed another bout of automatic fire. His mechanical voice rung out in having barely heard May's question, struggling to keep the makeshift shield up as bits of the metal broke off under the intense crystal bullets slamming into it.

"Barely!! Help us damnit!! Why the hell do they have machine guns in zombie dogs?!"

The Plaza

A strong force seemed to grip down onto Detective Goku's waistline as he was pummeled by the variety of energy strikes slamming into him. A small particle, almost the size of an ant, pushed the crystalized detective further into the air; guiding the man into the trident that was flung. Only when the trident stabbed into the body of the detective did the speck zip up from behind the detective, vaulting over his head.

The particle rapidly expanded outwards in size, and within a millisecond, Vegetto regrew back to his normal height and size, floating in front of the zombified detective with one arm already having formed a bright orb of white energy. The Potara fusion had already tensed, throwing the sphere from point blank range and forcing the trident to erupt with his attack in a violent explosion that engulfed the two high in the air.

Vegetto soon emerged from the smoke cloud, grunting in minor pain as he tumbled along the concrete. He soon flipped upright as he bounced along the ground, sliding to a halt just as Bage came running up towards the group. The Potara fusion panted lightly, his gloved hands balling into fists in surveying the smoke cloud above.

"I sure hope you have a plan, Detective. I sensed a lot of pressure building up there...if Kakarot gets off that next attack...there might not be a city left to save."

(Thank you all for being so patient!)

"Thank you, Gogeta, you are certainly very helpful in a pinch." Zenta said while he dusted his fur.

The moment of praise was short lived, however; The few Valkyries that remained all glared intensely at Gogeta and his clones. Instead of matching him clone for clone, they all flew into one another and began to merge and morph into a single Valkyrie. This one was smaller and sprouted a small crown on her head. She hunched forward and a twitched violently before something started to come out from the top of her back. Gripping the protrusion, the Valkyrie yanked out what looked to be her crystal spine before using it as a new whip.

The new Valkyrie stared at Gogeta and smiled brightly, like a child in a candy store. Her movements were swift and blinding; the only thing Gogeta could make out was a loud whiplash noise, and three of his clones suddenly split in half. The small Valkyrie appeared before the real Gogeta and the President. She stared at the Saiyan Fusion with large fairy-like crystal eyes before raising her whip above her head, ready to strike him down like the others. When she did, the force behind it left a horrible gash on Gogeta's chest that looked like a slash wound but felt like a burn. The wound would continue to open even though Gogeta was hit once, almost as if someone was actually cutting his chest open with a hot knife. Giving him no time to react, the Valkyrie appeared behind him and lashed at his back as well before wrapping her whip around his neck, squeezing tighter and tighter as she yanked his head around. The whip was burning his neck.

"I am going to snap your neck..." The Valkyrie whispered in his ear. "The same way the Red King did to your friend..."

Zenta stared up at Gogeta's predicament and was about to take action until his head darted to the floor. He quickly flipped out of the way of an incoming spike that jutted out of the ground. Several spikes started to rise from the ground all around the beast and split apart so that they resembled a blooming flower. Its pedals flung out towards Zenta, literally slicing the air by how sharp they were. Hundreds of pedals flew about, all homing in on Zenta as he deflected or dodged the ones that got near. In the middle of him dodging, another mysterious spike shot up from the ground, but this one was covered in a sticky goo. Zenta barely managed to brush by it, but the goo latched on to his fur and began to spread, drastically slowing down his movement. The stickiness of it caused Zenta to be sliced up by the flower pedals. Another pillar shot from the ground, hitting Zenta into the air and onto the side of a building, where he was stuck on the wall thanks to the goo. The razor pedals flung out, slicing him up and planting themselves on his chest.

Zenta looked like a pin cushion as he bled, yet, he didn't seem in pain. Instead, a wicked smile formed on his face as he began to laugh under his breath. More and more pedals rushed towards him, but his white energy started to erupted from his body, flinging a few of them away as well as melt the goop on his fur, freeing him from the building.

"Yes... I like this." Zenta chuckled. "I like it!"

The beast held out one hand and the pedals, and another behind him. The pedals started to melt and transform into energy that began to appear in his other hand, growing massively in size as he absorbed the energy of the pedals. He bared his canine fangs in laughter as he threw the large energy sphere towards the plant-like Xy'phers that attacked him, turning them to dust, as the energy ball flung upwards towards the sky, barely missing Gogeta and the Valkyrie. It rapidly shrunk in size before violently exploding overhead, shaking almost the entire city.

"He's enjoying this too... isn't he?" The Valkyrie said.

Reflection Plaza

All the Xy'phers stared at Goku's mangled body, but as soon as Vegetto arrived, each one began to ran to Goku, including the tank. They all flung themselves on the Detective and began to merge with him, all of his wounds healing as quickly as they could. Armor would begin to form all over Detective Goku's body. The last piece of armor was a helmet on his head that gave the impression of a crown.

Avalon eyed the Xy'phers that merged with Goku and quickly shot explosive shuriken towards him, but the Xy'phers regenerated faster than he could damage them. He took a step back and stared at a mysterious glowing core on Goku's new armor, right on his chest. He blinked hard before widening his eyes. He turned to Bage and Vegetto and pointed at the core.

"We need to snatch that core from 'im. I'm not able to hurt him faster than he can regenerate..." Avalon pointed at Vegetto and Bage. "But maybe you two can mess him up! If you guys can blast Detective Goku apart, I can snatch that core away from them before he is able to regenerate! It's gotta be quick too!" The ninja stared at Goku before taking a deep breath and spoke to Vegetto with confidence, almost as if the grudge between them never existed. "I'll merge with one of your attacks, Vegetto. It'll be the only way I can get close enough to get that core. You're the only one capable of blastin' through his armor right now."

There was a slight pause in his voice before he gave the Fusion a thumbs up.

"I'll be ready for whatever you got! I'ma get that core for sure!"

The spinning top Berserk was handling began to slow down to a halt now that it was too tangled in her blade to continue. As it stopped, it violently shook and exploded into thousands of burning needles, some of which impaled Berserk's chest, arms, and legs. They burned like acid on her skin and were painful if ripped off by hand.

RNN Headquarters (Sky)

From the RNN HQ, the remaining Task Force Xy'phers started to dish orders to the smaller Xy'phers making their way to the building. The smaller ones began to merge with one another until they formed into mounted machine guns that fired thousands of crystals at Spawn and Null Knight, as well as occasionally shooting at Spina and Bernkastel. The fighter jets kept their focus on Bernkastel and Spina before rushing towards them as if to cut them, but they immediately pulled upwards so that the back end of the jets faced the two Breakers. Fire blasted from the turbine, engulfing the two of them in the flames before flying off. The flames lingered on them, like water.

Meanwhile, Null Knight and Spawn were being targeted by the turrets the smaller Xy'phers built on the top of the RNN HQ. They did not want to give them a break, and to them, it looked like a rain of crystal bullets.

Recon Hub

As the smaller dogs were blasted and destroyed, they were quick to regenerate. However, they did not stay for long, instead, they ran away from Cayde, May, and Emilyn, heading straight to Detective Goku's location in order to help him. The Cerberus Xy'pher stayed and blocked the trio's path from proceeding or following the smaller dogs. Emilyn quivered behind Cayde as she feebly held on to her metal pipe.

"W-What the heck is that thing..?" She said. "It's... it's a monster!"

The Xy'pher Cerberus stared at Cayde, May, and Emilyn individually, snarling under its breath before opening each of its mouth and firing a mix of gunfire, grenades, and acid spit. The acid spit landed on the trash lid Cayde now held, melting it so that Cayde only held on to the handle of the lid while the rest of the lid continued to melt into the ground.

For a moment, all three heads faced May as they all opened their mouths and combined their attacks together into one. They hacked bullets and grenades with acid, trying to create something of a bullet that exploded with acid.

One of the grenades that was spat out from one of the heads landed near Emilyn. Almost out of instinct, she grabbed it and used her metal pipe like a bat to fling it back to the beast. It exploded near one of the heads, distracting it from attacking May. The head that was distracted yanked the others towards Cayde and Emilyn, cancelling the attack a second before they fired it at May. The two other heads barked and bickered with the one that was angry at Emilyn.

"I-It looks like they're fighting..."

Finally, they all stopped arguing with one another and rushed towards the cyborg and the woman behind him, preparing their attack once again. Emilyn screamed in horror as she gripped Cayde's shoulders, watching the massive canine rush at them with the intent to kill.

May says flatly "you got to trick all three but you did help me out." Once the Cerberus Xy'pher attention was token off May; she takes out a sniper rifle and shooting the Cerberus Xy'pher once its starts going after Cayde and Emilyn. Her aim is to deal a lot damage to Cerberus and make it miss the Cayde and Emilyn.

07 says to Emilyn in approval of Emilyn actions "Thank you for making an opining for my mistress, Emilyn."

The Plaza

The Xy’pher Detective stumbled backwards from the first initial blow. Crystal fragments flying from his body in reaction; he was practically on the verge of collapse. Despite such a state of ruin, the Detective is still attempting to use the breathing technique to perform the move Bage had warned about.

Yet, the bombardment of teleporting energy spheres from all sides constantly interrupted Xy’pher Goku’s efforts to take a single breath. Due to being in a crystallized state, the Detective cannot effectively use his moves at its maximum capacity, due to his controlled mind preventing it as such. Hence the breathing technique. Depending on how long he does it, it allows him to determine a set of actions to perform as a means of attacking and utilizing his abilities. Everything around him will suddenly shift to pure black to void any noises to maximum total concentration. The downside, because of his state, anything that he does not take into consideration or he only take short breaths, he will not dodge nor deflect.

Once the smoke clouds, generated from the energy bombs, cleared away, what’s left of the Detective was simply a hardened body with the last sheet of armor protecting his core. Without any means of defending, this was the moment where the Breakers will strike victory over him. Mere moments before Jize’s trident and Vegetto’s attacks were about to strike, a memory presented itself within Goku’s controlled mind, albeit events are scrambled.

----

“Visit me anytime you want, my dear. And I shall tell you everything and even entertain a battle with you.” A distorted image of a woman appeared in the memory. She parted her lips, forming a sinister smile. “If you managed to do that move, I shall introduce a concept beyond anything you’ve learned.”

“…. Really?”

“Of course.” The woman extended her arms, touching his cheeks as she slanted her eyes. “Sharpened your mind and embrace it.”

----

The memory ended once the Detective was impaled by the trident, only to be immediately pushed into the air by Vegetto and took the full force of the explosion created by the latter. As clouds of smoke billowed around; there was a moment of complete silence that followed right afterwards.

“Tayioken!” The Xy’pher Detective shouted as pillars of pure light burst from all sides within the thick clouds that engulfed around him, easily dispersing it. The light was so bright and vast that it practically engulfed the entire city, blinding all living things—even if they weren’t looking at his direction.

As the blinding light rages on, what came afterward was the Detective Goku taking his final, lasting deep breath. Once again, the area around Xy’pher Goku and the Breakers shifted to pure darkness. The only exception was the Avalon clone and Berserk, since she was in the pit fighting against the Xy’pher on her own. Since his body was healed thanks to the Xy’pher latching onto him, the Detective motion his arms around to form a circle, in a similar manner to the Kamehameha hand motion, then firmly placed both his palms together. His energy level spiked dramatically; the pressure building up inside had finally been released: the overwhelming power within Xy’pher Goku was whipping around like body like a hurricane.

Quickly landed on the ground, Xy’pher Goku transitioned smoothly into a sideways fighting position. His front leg was slightly bent, while his back leg went bent, giving him a solid stance that made him looked like an arched bow, ready to fire. “The Art of Fukugō Barrage! The Mighty Saiyan of Earth! First Step!

Instantaneously, Xy’pher Goku closed the gap between them and struck Avalon in the jaw. “Maximum Kaioken!” Immediately followed it up with a strong uppercut to the ninja’s stomach, generating shockwaves behind him before kicking him away towards Bara, Brachi and Jize. The golden flair flourished around him, instantly transforming into his Super Saiyan state, the golden hue giving his crystal a brilliant shine. Xy’pher Goku placed his right hand on Vegetto’s chest and left hand on Bage’s chest; balling them into fists, he’d delivered deep blows against the fusion and the junior Detective. Each strike was dealt with extreme efficiency and precision, utilizing maximum damage.

Transforming into his Super Saiyan 2 state, the Detective circle elegantly, going for a low sweep to knocked them off their feet. Completing this move, he’d transformed into his Super Saiyan 3 state, the crystallized hair glow in a such a beauty hue in comparison to the raw power he was emitting. His arms stretched forward, specks of energy formed around each fingertip and fired. Each of these energy specks were actual moves used by Goku throughout his various incarnation.

The Art of Fukugō Barrage is a technique developed by Detective Goku, or Shin Goku, that utilized his composite power. Although it still not in its perfect stage, the basic principles behind it to perform all attacks with maximum power, and to transform to each stage effectively and used all moves as seamlessly as possible, without any need for call outs, powering up or battle cry. When combined with the breathing technique, it allows the user to temporary influence space everything around him, even slowing people down.

Erupted them with powerful energy attacks, the impact forced all the Breakers to be flung back, just a bit overhead of the pit, where Berserk and Avalon clone is located.

Crouching down to a starting position, red aura billowed over the Detective, transforming into the Super Saiyan God state. “Second Step!” He dashed forward in blazing speeds. Like lightning, Xy’pher Goku was attacking them from all directions in rapid succession. The red aura shifted into a blue hue, transforming into his Super Saiyan Blue state as he continued his assault, becoming faster as a result. Finally, the blue aura transition to a white hue, delivering powerful blows—a single strike can input thousand attacks on them in rapid succession until the point that it rocked their molecules at an atomic level. He landed on the other side; the white aura concealing his appearance for a brief moment before vanishing.

His back turned; Detective Goku had transformed into the Super Saiyan 4 state. With one hand raised, he clenches; a rainfall of air pressure attacks befalls on the Breakers, driving them towards the pit with Berserk; only the Xy’pher in there was not hit.

The blackness that surrounded the Breakers near the Xy’pher Detective had vanished. The blinding light too, subsided. Despite the regeneration aided by the Xy’phers, the amount of power to use such a move, especially something that is still incomplete, took a massively toll on his body. His body was breaking apart faster than it could regenerate, his core in his chest fully exposed.

“Final Step.” The Detective generated a clone of himself; one standing near the edge of the pit, while “main” one raised both hands in the air. Levitating from the ground, a sudden rush of Genki from all life, including the Breakers, had their energy taken and twirls to his direction, forming a sphere of energy above his hands.

The Clone Detective, once again transformed, his Super Saiyan 4 state took a new look—his power gushing out so much, that it couldn’t be maintained in his body. The redness hair shines bright with the crystals, as the clone Detective looked down on the Breakers. With his limits broken, he jumped in the air, forwarding his arms, and fired signature attacks from his fingertips as a method to stall them.

Reflection City [Sky]

“I didn’t think you of all people would come here and help out the Breakers.” Detective Spawn questioned Null Knight. It hinted that Spawn knew the identity of the hero. “I don’t know if there are still people around like these two idiots, but thanks for helping out—”

The sudden bright light across the city didn’t go unnoticed with Detective Spawn. He couldn’t see at all and had to cover his eyes. “Damn… is that the Tayioken!? How vast is that damn move?!” He cringed in pain, remembering Detective Goku using it during their sparring session. Because of the bright light, he was practically unable of the incoming crystal bullets.

Mere moments before they struck, Null Knight deflected the Crystal Bullets right back at the Machine Gun Xy’pher with their blade. The light subsided finally, with Detective Spawn realizing that he was second away from turning into a Vortex Coin.

Null Knight turned to the Detective; the helmet provided protection against the strong light. “No need to thank me. Let’s get them out of there. Can you still move?”

“Not quite. My leg hasn’t regenerated yet, since I’m exhausting my powers too much. You’ll have to carry me for Spina and Bernkastel to save us.” Detective Spawn said.

Null Knight went silent upon the name Bernkastel uttered. “Fine. Can you still at least fight?”

“Heh. I can manage that at least.” Detective Spawn said.

“Hey! Can we get an interview after all this? Our audience definitely want to hear you guys thoughts about the manner! Right Sky and Chad?” Stacey said.

“Hell yeah! Full-on interviews!” Chad gave out a thumbs up, while Sky didn’t want to be part of their shenanigans.

“God damnit. Will you guys shut up already!?” Detective Spawn shoved the two back into his cloak. His ears picked up sounds of raining crystal bullets from the top. “Great…”

Null Knight hoisted Spawn up, the latter putting his shoulders over the hero. “We’ll go to the rooftop and destroyed whatever up there. Think they will grab you?”

Detective Spawn generated a green energy blade in his right hand. “If you asked me way earlier, I would’ve said no, but those some of them… they’re alright. Just make sure I don’t get turned into swish cheese, alright?

Null Knight nodded, grabbing Spawn. “Let’s go.” Crouching down, Null Knight leaped upward the air, they are deflecting all the crystals as much as they can until they reach towards the top of the RNN.

-----

Spina narrowed his eyes seeing the jet Xy’phers rushing at them. “Hmph. Alright, let’s do this—” Before he can perform the move, the bright light shines thoroughly, causing the old Saiyan temporary blindness. “What the?!”

He felt a burning sensation on his body, like boiled flames gorging on his flesh. Without hesitation, Spina forced Bernkastel upward in the air to avoid any lasting damage on the Witch, so he can take the full brute of the flames instead. It tore through his body, burning his flesh as specks of it peeled off. Cringing in pain, the Saiyan roared as black energy covered his body and heal his damaged body from the raging fire.

As the light finally subsided and his eyesight returned, Spina went over to Bernkastel and hug her, seeing that the Jet Xy’phers is attempting to fly away from them. “You won’t get away! Brutal Scyclone!”

Spina turned his body around so fast, it formed into a dynamic bladed cyclone as darkness billowed around them. As they hurled towards the Jet Xy’phers with the intention of ripping their cores; there was a brief moment from the perspective of Bernkastel within her mind: “a gigantic monster that smile back at her” before disappearing from her mind.

The President couldn’t comprehend what was happening. Gogeta suddenly grabbed him and hoisted him into the air. “I’m going to die!!” He cried out with snot running, tears flowing and saliva dripping from his mouth. He had to close his eyes due to the sudden brightness that suddenly appeared, unable to see what is happening. With Gogeta grabbing him around and Zenta seemingly enjoying the battle, the President just wanted to be safe and sound and all of this to be over.

Reflection Plaza

The Detective Saiyan slowed his pace seeing both Vegetto and Avalon enter the fray once again. Stopping in front of the potara fusion, he gritted his teeth at the mention of a plan. "Yeah... I'm not sure you'll like this one... But it may be our only option at this point. We're done for once he starts that attack." But as soon as the plan was thought up, the Xy'phers came piling themselves onto Goku to aid in his protection. After listening to Avalon's similar plan of beating him down until there's an opening, Bage turned to face Goku, ready to give it a shot. "Alright, Just wait for us to get you an opening. Brachi! Jize! Give me a hand here-" Then suddenly, his eyes stung and he couldn't see a thing. All the detective could think was, No! There still should have been some time left...! What the hell is this?!

"HE'S COMIN-" Was all the Detective could muster before coughing up blood from Xy'pher Goku's blow to the chest, his body flying into the crater near Berserk. Bage clenched onto the remains of his shirt in agony. Still unable to properly see, a gasp for air escaped Bage's mouth. But not a second sooner was he bombarded with the relentless barrage of super saiyan god and Blue at once. He was close to blacking out at this point, but his willpower could only keep him awake until the brutal assault ended. coughing heavily, Bage let out another glob of blood onto the dirt beneath him. His red god aura flickered for a moment, but flared out finally as he dug his fist into the ground to hold himself up. 

Bage looked up into the sky as his sight finally started returning to him. He could make out the two Gokus, one storing energy as the other looked down upon the group and attacking in an effort to keep them away from the former. "N-No... No...! He's at t-the last stage already...!?" As the clone began with the finger beams, Bage raised another barrier around the group to absorb the blows, but from there, he started to notice his barrier slowly being torn open. The energy he had been gaining was being lost to Goku's spirit bomb. He hesitated for a moment, but then quickly formulated a plan after seeing the Xy'pher's exposed core. 

"Everyone...! Get up quickly! I've got an idea, a really, really stupid idea but we're out of options here.... I'm gonna let him use his finishing attack on me. So all of you, go for the clone for now, make it look like you can't get passed so he thinks he's won, I'll be the one trying to pass the clone and stop him so I'm the one the real Goku focus' on. And when he hits me with the attack, I'll trap him. When he's stuck then you all move in and hit the core! Bara, Jize, Berserk and Brachi will give their blows first," He grunted as his barriers power was nearing its end then turned his head to look at Vegetto and Avalon. "But Vegetto and Avalon, the finishing blow will go to th two of you! We need your gasoline explosions if youve still got some left Avalon and You're one of our heavy hitters, Vegetto. I can't hold this Barrier anymore, So once its down dont hesitate!"

Finally the barrier was gone and the beams passed through, the Breakers in the direct path. "JUST GO!" Bage pounced back splitting up fro the Breakers and shooting himself straight for the clone, trying to get by and stop Goku from collecting anymore energy.

Recon Hub

Just as May would release her attack however, there was a crash through the ceiling of the broken building, the unseen projectile landing on top of the middle cerberus head, leaving the other two prey to May's sniping. As the smoke cleared, the projectile was revealed to be none other than the famous Hero Atomic Flare herself. 

"I apologize for my tartiness. I am Atomic Flare, Hero of Reflecion City." She announced, the smoke cleared further revealing her foot pinning the Cerberus head to the ground. Her face was sturn and her voice rang with confidence and intimidation. "You all aren't injured too badly, are you?"

Brachi, Bara and Jize all grunted as they were hit by the attacks, with Bara and Jize struggling to get up as there were bruises and cuts all over, while Brachi, fueled by adrenaline, got up quicker, before looking herself over and feeling her energy gradually being sapped by Detective Goku's attack, but then she overheard Bage giving them their orders, while wiping blood from a busted lip and noting a number of bruises on her body, which for her did nothing more than make her angrier against the offender. She was fortunate to have Saiyan biology that allowed her body to take the blows, if she were Human, she would have a harder time getting up. On her turn, Bara was reassembling herself as the attacks had severed one arm and a leg, but she was soon back on her feet, now angry enough to power up in the usual Majin fashion which let steam emit from the holes on her body, using it to create a smoke screen to cover herself and everyone else present, which would make it harder for the Clone to track them as he fired his attack, while Jize shook her head to get the stars and spots out of her vision and focus back on her enemy.. 

"Fine with me, I'll show that pretender that I can do that cheap shit too!" Brachi said as she then recklessly charged forward, appearing from the mist of steam which Bara had emitted, hand stretched out to catch the Detective Clone by the face and send them both to the nearest wall, at which she slammed him against it. 

Brachi then swiped out her left arm to slice the air with a bluish-green barrier of sorts before delivering a brief flurry rush of punches and kicks to stun the Clone to keep it in place, yet making it so she couldn't get past him, following Bage's plan.

"Just as you wished..." Brachi said as she charges and fires a cluster of energy spheres akin to the Trap Shooter at point blank range to send the Clone flying backwards, before she charged a larger energy sphere reminiscent of the Godly Display attack and fired it straight at the clone, "I CAST YOU FROM THE HEAVENS!"

As she watched the sphere hit its mark and detonating in a fierce explosion, Brachi felt her energy being sapped a bit quicker, causing her to fall back on her Super Saiyan God form to at least conserve whatever energy she had left at this point of time while wiping blood from her busted lip yet again, right as Bara came flying by while using her Sawblade attack, having formed herself into a sawblade of sorts and rushed at the clone, while a battered Jize appeared beside them and used the Magic Materialization to create duplicates of her Trident, which she then sent flying towards the clone akin to the Seasoning Arrow attack from a former Demon God named Demigra, although several of them poofed out because of the energy drain before the could reach their target, while the three waited for Berserk to go on the offensive in turn.

Gogeta blinked widely, gasping at the sight of three of his clones being split in half and immediately vaporizing in result from the sudden attack. He grimaced in pain at the seemingly growing gash on his chest; the energy's radiation burning while he struggled in the grip of the Valkyrie. The intense grip once again taking hold, and despite his best efforts, Gogeta ended up caught in a seemingly unbreakable hold.

The thorns and pricking energy seemed to hold and threaten his escape; simply battering his way out would use too much energy for such a small result. His mind wandered at the mention of his friend's neck; the actual reference flying over Gogeta's head in his focus to counter the grip locking him down but the taunt itself spurring his memory to adapt and overcome. His mind wandered on the need to break free, calling on recent training with Vegetto as he thought to himself.

The rushing scene played out as both fusions rigorously swung at one another, flurries of punches and kicks parried back in forth in a perfect stalemate. Yet it was short lived as Gogeta swung his left fist forward, blinking in confusion at the sight of Vegetto shrinking his shoulder slightly in size for the blow to sail past normally where an average sized human would be struck. The new opening left Gogeta open in his chest, his eyes widening as Vegetto capitalized with a powerful punch to his gut and flooring him onto the ground with a dejected flick of his wrist.

Gogeta coughed as he sat up, struggling to recover while Vegetto loomed over him with his arms at his sides.

"Told you."

Gogeta scoffed in reply, soon rising to his feet and wiping the side of his mouth.

"Cheap trick. What does that technique have to do with Ultra Instinct?"

Vegetto kept a firm stare, soon crossing his arms.

"Letting your body move on its own is one thing, but I found that you can control it with your energy as well. Make it change size, continue to fight when it wants to rest...all you have to do is exert your will over it through your pride....and it will obey. Energy can be used in so many different ways, Gogeta...you have to expand your thinking."

He scoffed as well, looking Gogeta over with a condescending tone in his dual voice.

"With a head as big as yours, it should be easy to control even just one part of your body to do what you want. But if you don't want to use power that's right in front of you, then I guess you'll *never* be as good or like me." 

Gogeta grimaced at the final line of Vegetto that rung in his mind, his eyes narrowing steadily into a strong glare.

I don't want to be like you....I am not you. I am Gogeta!

The blue fire surged around Gogeta's body as a dangerous rise in his energy took hold, finally speaking outward to no one in particular.

"A big head....it's smaller than yours...you arrogant prick!"

Suddenly, Gogeta's head shrunk completely from view as if the fusion had become decapitated. The vines around his neck pulled in without a stable and sturdy neck to stab into, leaving Gogeta's body free to writhe in the vines and pull out some of his limbs. His head suddenly expanded back outwards into its normal size, and suddenly flung back into a strong headbutt to knock the Valkyrie back a couple of steps as Zenta's devastating energy attack shot through the space created from Gogeta's break.

The fusion sauntered backwards, blinking in confusion at the strange feat he just accomplished and looking over his arms. The blood from the gash on his chest dripped down onto the ground while he twitched a bit from the burning sensation, but Gogeta soon broke out into another cocky smirk as his blue fur glistened in the shine of his aura. He turned back around, tensing his fists with a small chuckle.

"Ha! You're no match for me, Xy'pher. This is the power of the Vortex's strongest fusion!!"

Recon Hub Area

As the immense barrage of machine gun fire stopped, Cayde peered over the shield to see the dogs running away towards the Plaza. He pumped his hand cannon into the air with his free hand, a confident and elated mechanical voice behind his words of triumph.

"Yeah you better run you stupid mutts!"

The happiness immediately vanished, Cayde's eyes landing on the giant monsterous Cerberus of a beast that missed his vision before uttering the words. His eyes remained wide, staring up at the beast for only a split second before turning towards Emilyn.

"Hang on!"

Cayde threw up the meager shield and sheltered behind it as best, attempting to blindly fire off rounds from his gun while the barrage began. He blinked, however, once the entirety of the shield melted away to leave only the handle in his grip. His eyes followed Emilyn as she punted the acid grenade back up at the massive beast, quickly throwing up his gun and firing off another shot to force the grenade to explode in the beast's face. The creature's mild reaction only spurred Cayde's heavy frowning, and with the beast charging full force towards the two, Cayde threw up his arms and grimaced heavily while Emilyn held onto his shoulders.

"Not the beautiful horn!!"

Yet the beast sauntered backwards, the impact of May's sniping and the new arrival knocking the beast from finishing it's final attack on Cayde and Emilyn. The android peered up from his arms, his mechanical eyes widening once more at the sight of Atomic Flare standing in front of them. He took a moment to recover from the initial rush of the battle, briefly looking over the can lid he still held in his hand and tossing it aside.

"Thanks for the save. I know I kinda softened him up for you and May...but...well...take it easy out there, will ya? You're making me look bad."

In the brief moment of reprieve, Cayde quickly fiddled with his hand cannon, shifting out the empty cartridge from his gun and reloading while he kept one eye trained on the Cereberus.

"I got a little scrape on my leg, but I think we're all peachy over here."

The android paused for a moment, as if suddenly remembering a very important detail or crucial fact. His eyes briefly looked over Atomic Flare in halting everything he was doing, but after the look over, Cayde went back to leisurely reloading his hand cannon while he spoke.

"Gotta say, Mr Atomic Flare sir...you're a lot shorter in person than I expected...what with how the posters make you look."

Cayde flicked his wrist, loading the cartridge and pulling back the firing pin on the gun as he turned to face back towards the beast.

"Think you can take down this big mutt for us? There's a party over at the Plaza right now with the other Breakers...and if this doggo isn't taken care of soon, we're gonna be more than fashionably late."

The Plaza

Vegetto's eyes turned onto Avalon at the mention of his plan, narrowing slightly. The Potara fusion stood with a near dejected stare, but at the ninja's advice, Vegetto simply nodded his head once. For all the bad blood and ego that mustered within him, Vegetto thought of little reason to discredit the ninja given the situation.

"Alright. I'll do what I can."

While Bage answered him however, the blinding rays of light suddenly shined brilliantly in the sky. Vegetto gasped, caught offguard completely from the move and instinctively threw up his arms to cover his eyes. He grimaced, relying on his immediate sense of energy in the vicinity in preparation for an inevitable rush from Detective Goku. Once the light had cleared, Vegetto narrowed his eyes onto the opponent; a surge of energy building at the impending pressure from across the way.

He grunted at the sight of the Detective lunging first at Avalon, spiking his energy in the precious time the detective used to attack the ninja before coming after himself. The black energy billowed outward around the Potara fusion; a viscous and intense stare forming that was illuminated by the bright golden glow of the newly transformed Super Saiyan. The blinding speeds of the blows rocketed Vegetto backwards across the ground, yet each shockwave rung out with only the sign of Vegetto remaining firmly upright while he slid backwards. In the surge of power, Vegetto kept pace blow for blow while he fended off the immense damage that would've been unleashed from the initial barrage; the movements so fast that it looked like the Potara fusion only slid backwards across the ground in his defense.

Yet at the sudden spike from the Super Saiyan 2 transformation, Vegetto let out loud breaths of struggle against the attacks, barely retaining his footing from the sweeping strike in having to meet the power at an even level. He sauntered slightly from the blow, trying to recover quickly. Once his eyes found the Xy'pher detective again, he gasped in awe at not only the sight of the Super Saiyan 3 form, but from the mountainous rise of energy that easily and finally eclipsed the ceiling of his initial power capabilities.

Incredible.

Vegetto only managed the single word in his mind once the Potara fusion rocketed into the sky from the explosions of the devastating energy attacks, smoke freshly billowing off his body. The intense and blinding speed of the transformed detective overpowered Vegetto, his arms and legs desperately flinging in a bid to simply dampen the incoming damage over actually stopping any of it. His body split in halt at the waist, flying in seperate directions only a millisecond before the white glow erupting outward signalled the detective's strike that shook the fusion down to the molecular level; Vegetto quickly bringing his halves together while he crashed onto the floor. The pressure attacks slammed into Vegetto as he hacked out in pain, writhing on the ground while it cracked from the sheer force of the attack.

However, despite the intense attacks, Vegetto was quick to shoot up to his feet. He panted heavily; scars of red liquid and black soot littering his exposed skin as he had trouble regaining his footing from the barrage. He sauntered forward slightly from the pull on his own life energy, yet the Potara fusion showed little concern from such a move. His narrowed eyes had remained firmly locked on the Detective above, along with a cocky and excited smirk having formed on his face.

"So that's the power you were hiding, Kakarot. I didn't think you could take me...but I should've known that even as different as you are in this world...some things never change."

Vegetto panted heavily, suddenly clenching his fists together while he paused his labored breathing. He turned his head to the side, listening on to Bage's command and plan in silence. His initial frown returned, immense doubt that such a plan would lead to anything other than Bage's imminent doom. However, he could not voice his concern; Bage had already vaulted forward into the fray and the immediate blasts of energy needed to be dodged. Quickly feinting to the side, Vegetto collected his stance and slowly clenched his fists together.

"Alright...more power..."

His eyes turned to the side, noticing Avalon was the only immediate ally while the others had launched forward. The initial disillusion to work with him kicked in strongly, and in his immediate sensation of emotion, he seized an opportunity to awaken an old power from within. His eyes expanded out greatly, and in contrast to the smooth transition of the detective's powering up, he let out an immense roar that signaled forth the blue flames that exploded up from underneath his boots. Engulfing his body in the familiar godly ki, Vegetto nearly collapsed down onto one knee as he clutched his chest in agony.

"Argh!! Tsk...damnit!!"

His breathing exploded out dramatically, storm force wind blasting the concrete in each long and heavy expulsion of his lungs while he struggled to remain standing; his legs visibly shaking while he kept his eyes turned up towards the Detective. Instead of immense anger towards Avalon, Vegetto spoke with a more elated tone that held urgency towards the situation; a strong smirk still plastered on his face.

"Listen Avalon...I'm...ha...ha...not...used to these forms. I need you guys to stall for me...while I build up energy..."

Vegetto tensed his arms and let out a pained grunt. Within a sudden surge of energy spiking within him, another blast of blue fire exploded outward from his body while his eyes turned down to focus inward. The fire itself fell off his aura like spitfire, burning on the ground briefly while lightning crackled around his body. Both of his two bangs shot up into his hair, his eyes sharpening drastically in the intense glare of a typical Super Saiyan 2 only with the godly glow of the blue energy.

Vegetto panted heavily still, his smirk raising while he turned his eyes back towards Detective Goku.

"Ha...still got it."

He breathed in deeply through his nose, temporarily shutting his eyes. Exhaling slowly, Vegetto raised his head once more while the blue fire slowly mounted and the pressure around him grew steadily in a controlled rise.

"Thanks for showing me the way, old friend. Now to take this...even further...BEYOND!"

Vegetto's eyes expanded outward in a struggled, pained roar while he clenched his fists and squatted down. The ground trembled violently across nearly the entire city, Vegetto's dual voice filling the air while veins bulged along his forehead and across his neck in his tumultuous roaring.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!"

The swirling blue flames of the Super Saiyan Blue aura billowed outward dramatically in the growing energy, despite the detective's technique siphoning some of it forward. The drain itself did little to slow the ominous rise; the blue flames swirling inward in a violent surge of Vegetto's energy nearly tripling in the span of a second. The ground shattering pressure only rose higher and higher while the blue flames swirled so violently that Vegetto himself was no longer in view. The immense blue fire only expanded outward while entire cunks of fallen skyscrapers and other loose objects blasted outward from the plaza, raining down across the city itself in a threatening destructive rampage on Xy'phers and civilians alike.

The thunderous and immense roar from the Potara fusion was the only sound that resonated alongside the thunderous cackling of the blue fire, the end of such a display seemingly no where insight as Vegetto's powering up threatened the very stability of Reflection City should it continue.

Reflection Plaza

Berserk's eyes narrowed while she watched the spinner slow down, smirking at the prospects of her plan working. Just as she started to reel back her arm and use the object as a blunt weapon, however, there came a bright flash of light before total darkness which disoriented her. Cursing to herself in alarm, Berserk blinked away the bright spots before looking down and eyes widening in shock.

"Bage? Aren't you supposed to be out there fightin'--" Berserk cut herself off with a wince, a line of red appearing on her cheek before blood dripped down. Turning back to the spinning top, Berserk faced an onslaught of needled crystals headed her way. "Gah! You piece of..." She tried twisting her body this way and that, but due to the chaos going on, she couldn't avert all of them and ended up with plenty wedged into her body, causing her to fall down onto the floor in pain. "Shit..."

Once Bage threw up his barrier, Berserk sat up cringing from the burning sensation intensifying from the needles as she moved. Immediately yanking them out of her chest, she hissed in pain again and felt her hands burned as well. Standing back up, albeit very slowly due to the nature of the pain, she glared over at him while Vegetto and Avalon tried to formulate some sort of plan.

"You're right, it is a stupid idea. But stalling the staller's the best we've got... if they insist on dragging things out instead, it's only fair we do the same. No guarantee how long we'll be able to though." Placing the handle of the sword into her mouth, Berserk widened her stance once Bage made a break for it towards the real Goku. Hunching slightly, Berserk focused on conserving the energy she had left after some of it was absorbed and moving far slower than usual. Raising her arms over each other, she subsequently pulled out the needles by gripping them between her fingers. It was slow, and incredibly painful with blood coming from the wounds but Berserk only stared ahead with her jaw clenching down on the sword's handle.

Since the aim was to give the appearance that they were cornered, Berserk waited for Brachi, Bara, and Jize to start knowing some of her energy reserves had to be sacrificed for this to work. Holding the needles in her hands was agony, as it seemed like steam started to come off her hands; still, she channeled energy into them til they glowed red and the heat scorched the webbing of her hands. Soon she threw them towards the clone Goku, crouching to yank the needles still in her legs and simply tossing them aside. In the waves of Vegetto's charge-up, Berserk flew out from the pit and used the blunt end of the sword like a baseball bat to knock flying debris out from the sky and towards the clone instead. Each connecting it, she'd put enough force required to accelerate them to dangerous speeds.

=============
Reflection Sky

"Watch out!" Bernkastel saw the volley of fire and squeezed her eyes shut, presumptively expecting the worst to happen. But she soon found herself flying through the air before she could feel the full extent of the flames. Desperately she reoriented herself in the air and pat away at the fire on her clothes, ultimately deciding it was easier to just rip the outer layers off. But she soon realized she was no longer attached to Spina, looking around. "Spina, where are-- Spina!" She called out to him in alarm after catching his howls of pain. Bern wasn't sure whether to get close or prepare to be attacked now they were split by a distance; but as she watched on, she noticed Spina did a similar recovery to when he was sparring with Berserk. 

Bernkastel felt continuously perplexed by this sight since it was never an attribute Spina had before, nor was it the usual recovery experienced by the others. She had no time to question this now though-- she dashed forward with a hand outstretched to meet Spina halfway. "Quick, before that flash happens again!" Once Spina began the attack, Bern held her scythe firmly out at an angle with the airflow, a bright energy trail of white following its blade. It was the only thing she focused on until the strange image suddenly appeared in her head for a fraction of a second. Bern flinched and her eyes widened, seemingly stunned by the image alone. It wasn't anything she'd ever seen in her life, nor was it anything she'd imagine on her own so out of the blue.

"What... was that?" Bern asked quietly, to no one in particular as they spun towards their enemy.

The Plaza

Avalon was blinded by the bright light, quickly shielding his eyes and screaming in pain. He did not expect Detective Goku to rush him the way he did and was entirely unprepared, taking the attack head-on. The hard punch to the jaw stunned him, while the punch to the gut forced him to cough out saliva. His body immediately grew hot, and he started to sweat, not used (or suited) for the heavy hit he received. Crashing onto Brachi, Bara, and Jize to only be ignored after his devastating hit. The fact that he got no help from them made his situation far worse, and at this point, it was too late to go back and help him. Avalon laid on the floor for a few seconds, entirely dazed and stunned by the attack, rendering him almost immobile for a while. Minutes passed and he still didn't move. The energy that Goku was absorbing from their bodies weakened the ninja even more, and it was clear that Avalon is horribly wounded from that massive attack.

It hurts to breathe... Man, that attack literally knocked a few years out of my life... God...damn.

The Xy'phers would continue to throw themselves onto the real Goku, healing him as quickly as they could, slowly covering up his core as he prepared his attack and keep the Breakers at bay. They needed to work just as quick as Goku, since he also was damaging himself with his move.

Struggling to rise to his feet, Avalon forced himself to stand and caught wind of Bage's plan. With a tight grip on his scroll, the ninja nodded to Bage and turned to Vegetto, listening to the Fusion talk and power up. He took consideration of both sides and quickly tried to assess the situation. With the Goku clone standing in their way, he knew that distracting it was a good idea. He looked back to the clone with Berserk and both nodded to each other. The clone began to add to the shower of debris Berserk tossed at the clone. Every hit she did with her sword, she ended up hitting some shuriken, kunai knives, and other various ninja weapons. Thanks to her incredible strength, the weapons would ignite and explode on the clone thanks to the gasoline in Avalon's clone.

That should give Berserk and Bage the upper hand for a bit... Avalon turned his attention to Vegetto as he powered up to incredible levels. Now I gotta help Vegetto...

Avalon rushed to Vegetto and stood before him, ready to defend him from anything Goku might throw at him. He, too, was preparing multiple hand signs at a rapid pace. His voice was a mumble, but it seems that he was speaking to himself in an unknown language. With the final hand sign performed, Avalon clapped his hands together and let out a mighty yell. All around him and Vegetto, torrents of water erupted from the ground and engulfed the two in a dome that protected them from debris and rubble flying around. Despite literally being underwater, Vegetto could breathe just fine and his powerful blue flames would not be extinguished. He felt the cool water brush on his skin, yet, he was completely dry. Both he and Avalon are protected, at least temporarily, from getting their energy taken by Goku as long as Avalon remained by his side and kept his water dome up.

“I can't keep this up forever, so you better hurry up!” Avalon shouted to Vegetto.

Reflection City (Outskirts)

The Valkyrie watched Gogeta's head shrink, and, similar to him, was also confused before she took the headbutt to the face. Pieces of her face and crown fell off as the Xy'pher cringed in pain, hissing at the Fusion. As Gogeta gloated, the Xy'pher grew more angry and arched her back, forcing the same razor sharp flower pedals to emerge, but this time, it was only four large ones. They popped out of her back and spun like saw blades, rushing directly towards Gogeta like discs. They would constantly home in on Gogeta, so even if they missed, they would come back around every time to slice him again. Without wasting time, the Valkyrie launched her whip out towards Gogeta's arm, creating another burning gash, forcing him to drop the President. Giving him no breaks, she flung him directly towards one of her razor pedals as the other three came at him from his sides and behind. She held an open palm towards Gogeta and a few of the smaller pedals attacking Zenta launched up towards him, completely surrounding the Saiyan.

Zenta, unaffected by the Solar Flare (Tayioken) due to being blind, continued rushing forward towards the large pillars that released and fired the thousands of sharp flower pedals towards him. The beast suddenly stopped when he felt his energy taken away by Detective Goku's Spirit Bomb. It wasn't just him, he saw all the tiny particles of energy flying off every living thing, like the President and Gogeta. Yet, his attention quickly returned to the giant pillars and the sharp pedals they fired. As soon as the flowers grew close to Zenta, they instantly evaporated into energy particles as soon as they came near Zenta and his blazing white aura. The energy was absorbed into Zenta's aura.

"...Is that all?" Zenta said as he held out his hand to form a small orb and toss it in the direction of some of the pillars. Upon touching the pillar, the orb flashed brightly and violently exploded, taking down any buildings and vaporizing them into dust.

Almost as if responding to the taunt, more pillars shot out of the ground, but these were similar to the ones with the mysterious sticky goo. The tiny flower shuriken that came out of these pillars glistened with the mysterious liquid and fired towards Zenta. The beast remained still until the first pedal did not melt immediately after touching his radiating aura. The liquid protected (or rather, shielded) the pedals long enough for them to slice and impale Zenta. The Beast quickly impaled by hundreds of tiny pedals that stuck onto his body. He fell to the floor, bleeding out.

Soft chuckles came from the beast as he sat up, completely covered with sharp pedals. There was a large one embedded on his forehead and another stuck and cracked his visor. His laughter grew as did his aura, melting away a few of the flowers lodged on his body. This time, however, his aura shook the area they were in, creating cracks and destroying buildings. From the sky, visible particles of energy were falling like snow, each one heading directly for Zenta as he held a grin on his face.

"Yes..! Bring that fighting spirit you cling to! I feel alive!"

However, Zenta's attention quickly shifted to the screams of the falling President, and almost instantly, Zenta's wicked face turned back to normal. Remembering Spina's orders, he caught the President in his arms before he hit the ground. His tails immediately wrapped around the President's waist as he pressed him tightly on to his back.

"Please hold on, Mr. President, I promise to protect you.

As if that second personality never existed, Zenta rushed towards the giant pillars before him with the grace and elegance he was known for. Flower pedals rushed out but were deflected at rapid speed by Zenta, who slammed his palm onto one of the pillars. Cracks of light were seen forming from where Zenta hit the pillar and the beast hopped away as it was quickly engulfed and consumed from the inside, literally burning away into dust. Zenta noticed more, and more pillars shot out, each one firing flowers, and each one was taller than the last one.

What is this large energy source I am sensing..?

Recon Hub

Emilyn let out a small scream, assuming that this was finally the end now that she angered the Cerberus beast. She gripped her head, expecting her doom once she was blinded by the massive light that took over the city. Once she managed to get her vision back, she looked up to see the Xy'pher-Cerberus pinned to the floor, and her eyes lit up like stars. It was the legendary Atomic Flare! Emilyn gasped loudly as she began to shake Cayde's shoulders in her excitement.

"Mr. Cayde, look! It's Atomic Flare! Part of the Atomic Force here in Reflection City! Ohmygosh! It's actually her! Eeee!" Emilyn squealed in joy. "She's gonna help us save the city! I swear, she's a super-mega-awesome-ultra hero! You can count on her!"

The Cerberus monster, however, was not so pleased with the arrival of Atomic Flare. One of the heads bit down on her leg and swung her around to slam onto Cayde, May, 07, and Emilyn before tossing the hero to the side. The middle head howled loudly and the last remaining dogs that were still around quickly rushed towards the beast. They all began to merge and morph into a bigger dog, this time sprouting several heads, resembling a Hydra of some sorts. Just like the original heads, each one can produce an attack. The abomination opened all of its jaws and fired laser beams from them. They disintegrated anything it touched into dust, however, they were not very accurate and needed time to recharge. All the beams fired from the dogs just barely missed the group, yet some came too close for comfort. May's shoulder would be burned badly, 07 lost a finger, and half of Cayde's horn was gone! Emilyn was lucky to not be hit, but judging by how serious the fight got, she seemed to cling a little harder on Cayde.

One final laser beam aimed directly at Atomic Flare, firing with the intent to snuff her out.

5K4FdCt.jpg

Reflection City (Sky)

The Xy'phers gunning down Null Knight and Spawn were setting now switching their attention to Bernkastel and Spina, them being a bigger threat. The last of the Task Force Xy'phers stood before Null Knight and Spawn as they made their way to the top. They held their guns in front of them and fired relentlessly. One in particular gave out orders to the small squad that focused on the two. Like their actual training, they split up into smaller teams and surrounded the two, firing from all angles and trying to keep them at bay. It seems that they were trying to stall for time, specifically for the machine gunners, who suddenly stopped firing at the group.

The two jet fighters were trying their best to dodge the incoming attacks from Bernkastel and Spina. One of the jets was not so lucky, having its wing sliced clean off. Similar to the first jet that perished, the pilot ejected himself from the cockpit, being completely vulnerably as he waited for the jet to come get him. The pilot, however, was the core of the jet plane! Unfortunately, the pilot-core was sliced in half by the rest of Spina and Bernkastel's attack, poofing into smoke as a single coin fell down from the sky and onto the ground. The last remaining jet circled around to see the death of his friend. The last pilot is cursing and flailing his arms angrily towards Bernkastel and Spina before firing up his engines and rushing directly at them. His speed was incredible, and he managed to slice off Spina's arm. Bernkastel's scythe managed to latch onto the jet, but all it did was pull the Witch with him as long as she held on.

Meanwhile, the machine gun turrets that aimed at the two started to glow. One of them released two large energy spheres that exploded upon getting close to either Spina or Bernkastel. One sphere managed to hit Spina, engulfing him in a fiery explosion, while the other one just barely missed Bernkastel as she held on to the scythe that was stuck on the underside of the jet. Her legs were covered in a black fire that seemed to eat away at her flesh, almost as if it were alive (Think of Amaterasu). With just one gun firing was deadly enough, imagine what dangers they faced if all the turrets fired at once. The tips of the other machine guns began to shine, slowly preparing to fire more rounds, but they needed time and no distractions.

May says "Emilyn its hardly time for refection's favorite past time ..." May still was aiming at the creature. May say seemly unaffected by the hit "a radiation beam now your superhero name is not for show Ms. Flare." May is known to be completely indifferent to the Heroes of Refection. May thinks "I gest I may need to start using more of the better martials in my work."

07 looks at May with concerned. May says "Be more worried about you self 07 and I gest the first thing I need to do wend I get the chance is fix that little finger." 07 says "Mistress you know what I am losing a finger is nothing to one such I."

May takes trades her simper rifle for a assault rifle and says "I gest your join us for round 2 Ms. Flare."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom