The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Plaza

The mystical ghost that stared at Vegetto drew its attention to Lucifer and his words. It listened carefully to him, but ultimately, did nothing and said nothing. Then it turned to Avalon's limp body as he lay there, dying. Bara's healing beam did little to help Avalon, other than clear his burns and open wounds, however, the mysterious entity took note of this as well as everything else the Breakers did and said. Floating elegantly towards the ninja, it seemed to levitate right above him, watching the cracks grow more out of control on his body. Although it was hard to make out what the ghost looked like, it was obvious that it wore a kimono and a head of spiky blue hair, almost like an older (and cooler) version of Avalon, and it was constantly shrouded in a mist, identical to that of Byakko. And just like Byakko, his presence gave them a slight surge of an unknown potential, this one being a clear and open mind, free of judgement.

While Lucifer urged Berserk to end Avalon, the ghost did not stop the Powerpunk, but rather, watched her. Even when the fallen angel healed Bage instead of Avalon, he showed no emotion to his action, only curiosity, as if collecting and gathering information. Vegetto's powerful voice made him turn his head to face the Saiyan, just like how he watched Berserk. With only one sentence and a tensed up arm, Vegetto's strong resolve intrigued the magical entity. As Berserk and Vegetto worried over Avalon, the worry in their voice, as well as the concern of the others, made him come to a conclusion.

The ghost reached out and placed a hand on Avalon's body, coating him with a gentle light blue aura. The light that came out from between the cracks slowly faded away as a few of the smaller cracks closed up. Avalon is still not in good shape, but at least he will survive. Once Avalon was safe from death's door, the mystical entity held out its hand; the scroll that Avalon carried, instantly rolled around from under his body and quickly landed in the ghost's open hand. The being sat down in mid-air above Avalon as the scroll opened before it, carefully reading every detail Avalon wrote inside. It occasionally shot a glance towards the Breakers before looking directly towards the Vortex Moon where it stared for a while.

A gentle blue mist formed around the Xy'pher core Avalon cradled in his arms and carefully pulled it away from the elf. The core fell on top of the open scroll before being sucked in, appearing as a drawing on the paper. The apparition began to write within the scroll from a brush it pulled from its sleeve, and, when it finished writing, let the scroll float in the air for the others to see the elegant handwriting.

Your concerns and worries, as well as your actions prior, have made me come to a conclusion. Avalon Sai'ji will not suffer the same fate as the one you call Spina. This core you all worked hard to obtain will remain safe within the Scroll of Truths, away from the reach of the ones you call Xy'phers. We will meet again one day, where I will properly introduce myself to you. Until then, I will continue to see and hear you through the eyes and ears of Avalon. Thank you, Breakers, for helping Avalon find his self-worth and the confidence to fight.

- Seilong

The holy entity was none other than Seilong himself, the very being Avalon was trying to talk to. He bowed his head respectfully to the Breakers before the mist that made up his body fell down as a gentle dew on top of Avalon. The scroll that floated in mid-air fell to the ground, zipping itself shut. No sooner than Seilong's departure did Avalon begin to regain consciousness. His body twitched and later groaned in the pain he was feeling. He was only able to turn his head and look at Berserk with a familiar confused-dorky look on his dirt riddled face.

Reflection City (Outskirts)

The Xy'phers throughout the city ran away, and not one was left after Goku's defeat. One, unfortunately, managed to swallow Zenta as it retreated deep into the massive hole it created. As Spina called out within the hole, there was no answer from the beast, and it seemed that he was a victim of the giant Xy'pher. The rains from Avalon's technique poured gently on Spina, Bernkastel, and Gogeta, the clouds still looming overhead. Suddenly, the ground started to shake, and the entire city was experiencing a violent earthquake. Cracks started to form underneath their feet as a tiny speck of light formed at the bottom of the giant hole the Xy'pher left behind. It was getting bigger and the shaking grew more violent the closer it was getting. There was a sound, a beast-like laugh that echoed louder and louder the closer the light got. Finally, a massive pillar of energy shot out of the massive hole and continued upwards until it parted the rain clouds over the city. The energy lit up the entire city, and to those nearby, it was practically blinding. The rain clouds disappeared entirely once the massive tower of energy dispersed itself.

Once the powerful energy disappeared, Zenta was seen falling from the beam where he landed on the floor on his two feet, crushing the ground under him, just on the other side of the hole from Spina. He was panting for air, but there was a smile on his face, a wicked smile. Dropping to his knees, he placed his hands in front of him to hold him up as he shivered with excitement. His tails were moving erratically and his fur bristled with joy for battle. He laughed as he gasped for air, enthusiastic about the fight; it almost seemed like he enjoyed it too much. His nails dug into the ground as he began to laugh louder, his usual passive persona replaced by a beast-like warrior.

"Is that all?! Fight me!"

Zenta cackles before rising up to his feet and gasped, staring down at his hands. He let out a low growl and gripped his head, shaking the animalistic side of him. His lack of control, albeit brief, scared him. He took several deep breaths, making sure to collect himself before he turned to face Spina, Gogeta, and Bernkastel. He was still covered with hundreds of flower shuriken from the fight and his wicked smile from earlier turned to the familiar pacifistic one they were accustomed to. As usual, he offered Spina and Bernkastel a humble bow despite being covered with sharp flower pedals.

"Hello Spina, Lady Bernkastel. I am glad to see you come to our aid."

Recon Hub

"Cayde, you're such a cool hero!" Emilyn cheered as she wrapped her arms around the cyborg, giving him kisses all over his face. His face was riddled with her lipstick marks. "You're the bravest, most handsome, most amazing person ever! You're my hero~!" She then turned to May and 07. "You two are the best fighters I've seen! You always had something up your sleeve! So friggin' COOL!" She then took Atomic Flare's hand and gently tugged her towards the plaza. "You gotta meet Mr. Vegetto and the other Breakers! They're, like, super cool! I bet'cha Mr. Vegetto beat all these weird crystal-things by himself! You gotta see him, Atomic Flare! I promise that I'll go with you to the town, we just gotta let Mr. Vegetto know first! He seems pretty worried about us."

She began to blush slightly as she stared at Cayde.

"Besides, I gotta let Mr. Vegetto know how brave and cool Cayde was. Such a handsome man...~!"

Plaza

Berserk jumped a bit in her spot at the sound of Lucifer having suddenly appeared before them. However, the tense atmosphere seemed hardly anything celebratory at the moment as they grouped around the crater. She watched Lucifer slowly approach Bage and subsequently perform some sort of healing incantation on the Detective, the tension in her face relaxing a bit at the declaration he would live. Expectantly looking up, Berserk's expression became blank in reaction to what Lucifer said next.

"Wh-what?" she sputtered, one corner of her mouth twitching into a lopsided and uncomfortable smile. The discomfort grew on Berserk's face while Lucifer's smug expression only grew, leaving her to only stare down at the ground by her feet where Avalon lay dying. Every word made her stomach sink.

I have to kill Avalon? No, that can't be right. He was standin' and fighting just a second ago! she thought, shifting her gaze over towards Majin Bara, watching pleadingly while the beam coated Avalon's body. A glimmer of hope started to peak through her disquieted demeanor, but quickly dimmed back into a heavily discouraged expression as she saw Bara's beam not being able to do anything about the cracks. The sight made her look restless, helpless even as her mind teetered between what to do.

Berserk's didn't move her arm gripping the sword, biting her lip as she stared down at Avalon.
This isn't fair. Avalon didn't do anything wrong! He helped us beat Goku and I have to do this to him? Her expression was vacant and difficult to read, but her thoughts practically leaked their way in to the slipstream of Vegetto's mind. Avalon doesn't deserve this. But I don't want him to die and turn into one of those freaks either... I hate this! This wasn't supposed to happen! Her eyes were squeezed shut, opening at the loud order of Vegetto's voice ringing out. Wide-eyed, she saw him standing before Lucifer as if to threaten the other man into healing Avalon the way he did Bage. Like he didn't care about Lucifer's threats toward the Breakers should he use force on him.

"Vegetto..." came her stunned response. Just then, she caught sight of the misty ghost watching them all and went silent. Just as he watched them wordlessly, she stared back with a curious look on her face wondering if she had seen him somewhere before. For what seemed like an eternity she watched him restore Avalon to 'normal' before writing something on the scroll with great thought. Still in shock, the ghostly man had faded away before she could regain her own voice and speak her thanks to it. Glancing wordlessly at Avalon long enough to know he was alive, Berserk locked eyes with Lucifer before her expression became tense with a confused smoldering anger. For some reason, she felt a tinge of humiliation but lacked the foresight Vegetto did to understand the ulterior meaning of this situation.

=======

Bernkastel blinked away the spots in her vision, only staring at Zenta in slight puzzlement at his greeting. For the brief moment she pondered about what sort of Xy'pher could simply take someone down that far into the ground, she had forgotten about the President shaking like a leaf at Gogeta's feet. Instead, she let out a bemused hum.

"Well, I suppose at least one of us would have some fun fighting these things..." she quipped. "But it seems like you wouldn't be needing our help, they're all gone-- for now. The only aid you'll probably need is to get those things out. You look like a pincushion." The witch looked over at Spina with a serious expression. "We ought to meet back up with the others once we hand the President off to safety. I don't have a good feeling about this."

The Plaza

Lucifer was unfazed by Vegetto’s raised voice and intimidation. Instead, the angel became amused to hear so much anger and hatred in his voice. With a quiver of delightful schadenfreude, the corners of his lips turned up into a sheer. “Come on,” Squinting his eyes, the angel responds to the fusion after seeing pecks of black twirling around him. “Puffing your chest out won’t do you any good. If you truly believe I can heal this boy,” Lucifer’s eyes shined brightly, letting out a blue hue. “Then use that bloodlust of yours, and make me, o’ hero of serenity.”

Without any hint of defense, Lucifer dared the fusion to do something. Unfortunately, regardless of the choices that Vegetto and Berserk could’ve made, the ghostly figure reached out to Avalon and prevented his death.

“Oh pity…” Lucifer expressed disappointment. “And here, I wanted to see what choice you would have taken.” He stared directly at Berserk, seeing the smoldering anger brewing on her face. “You have caught my eye, young lady. I sense great potential brewing within you.” He paused for a second. “Next time, then.” After Seilong departed and Avalon regained consciousness, Lucifer became ever so curious about the two. “What a mighty feast,” the angel said with glee. “I’ve learned so much from this battle. Do keep up the spectacle, my dear Breakers.”

Standing up, brushing off any dirt from his suit, Lucifer locked eyes with Vegetto. He leaned forward, his lips near his right ear. “Don’t try too hard next time, my boy.” The angel gave Vegetto a kiss on a cheek, followed by a light pat, and walked away from the man until he was at a certain distance. He raised his hand and did a little snap. “Worry not, now that Detective Bage and Avalon will be alright,” Lucifer stared blankly ahead. “The others will join us briefly.”

On cue, a portal appeared in front of the angel. It didn’t take long for Detective Spawn to emerged from it. He looks physically exhausted after exerting this much power throughout the chaos. “Is Bage alright? And where’s May?” He said, panting heavy in between words. He looked over, seeing Bage laying on the ground. He senses some tension in the air, but right now that didn’t matter; he was just glad that the junior detective was fine. He was concerned that he didn’t see May anywhere.

Reflection City [Outskirts]

President Beard landed on his bottom after Gogeta yanked him away. “Ouch…” He cringed in pain. When Gogeta proclaimed his intent for saving him, Beard simply stared down to the ground, avoiding eye contact. “Right…” He knew he was in no position to say anything; he’ll risk getting killed if he did.

Beard stood up to observe the city. Compared to Reality Metropolis, it wasn’t a total disaster. Majority of the buildings were still intact, and a handful of people were saved. “To think that those things were hiding amongst us…” President Beard of the RNN said. Suddenly, he fell back on his butt again when Zenta reappeared, getting soaked when the rain started pouring in that vicinity.

Spina narrowed his arms upon seeing Zenta’s behavior. “Showing off, eh?” He instinctively raised his hand and scratch the right side of his neck, ripping off fragments of skin. His eyes twitched and his hand curled as his desire for battle was starting to resurface in response to how Zenta acted. The redness of his eyes shined briefly, zeroing in on the beast as black lines swirled around in his pipuls rapidly. “FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!” Such words filled his head. It was faintly, but there was a song was ringing out, to his ears only, as his cravings for a battle built up. However, it went away after Zenta collected himself and spoke in his usual demeanor. Such desires quickly receded within the old Saiyan’s thoughts. “I guess it wasn’t a total shitshow, then.”

Null Knight jumped down from the rooftop and landed near group, easily holding up six people. Of course, they were all drenched because of the rainfall because of Zenta’s actions, but nevertheless, they were fine. “I’ve sensed no other life, and I don’t see any Xy’phers.” The Knight asked the President. “Are you okay?”

President Beard nodded and stood up on his two feet. “Yes. I’m okay. Not fine, and wet, but I’m okay.”

“Good.” Null Knight shifted her attention towards Spina, noticing something was off with him. He didn’t respond to Bernkastel’s comments on meeting with the others right away and had no reaction when Gogeta stated his intention of “helping his friends”, a word foreign to his language it seems.

When Bernkastel mentioned Beard’s position, Null Knight added a comment. “I’ll take care of him. I need to meet up with Detective Spawn anyways regarding the rest of the citizens.”

Suddenly, a portal appeared before the group, leading them towards the Plaza right away. Once again, Spina seems dejected from what’s happening around him, prompting the Knight to asked: “Hey, are we going?”

“…Yes.” Spina took a while to respond, his hair wet from the rainfall. “Besides, there’s a few more things I need to take care of.” He paused for a second. “Deadweights." Spina jumped through the portal, followed by Null Knight and the President.

Reflection Plaza

Bage groaned slightly, waking from his unconscious state after being healed by Lucifer. He was completely oblivious to what had just happened with the entity saving Avalon, but after a moment of remembering all that happened during the battle, the now fully healed Sayian detective sprung to life to examine his surroundings. he was hesitant for another second, looking over at the Vegetto, Avalon, and Berserk, then Bara, Brachi, Jize, and Lucifer to confirm that this was indeed real. the adrenaline from the battle turned into mental exhaustion as he gave a comedically tired smile before murmuring to himself.

"I'm aliveeeee..."

With a sigh of heavy relief, the group could relax. Or at least he thought. He seemed to notice the group coming down from a high tension situation just now. But with the tension slowly fading, he paid whatever it was no mind. The detective looked over to Avalon, who lay on the ground completely dumbfounded after waking from his unconscious state, and placed a hand on his shoulder before patting him a couple of times. "Good work, Avalon," He chuckled with a smile and looked up to address the rest of them. "All of you! It may be bittersweet but be proud of yourselves. Your teamwork saved us."  

However, his pride was short-lived as his head spun around, searching for Goku's core. "Wait where's the core? And Goku's coin!? Oh no they didn't take it back to the king, did they!?" The sound of Detective Spawn's voice caught Bage's attention, taking his concern once again and placing it elsewhere. 

"Hey, Spawn. I'm doing alright. Actually... I feel pretty great..?" The junior detective's tone gave off confusion at the realization that all his wounds and bruises had been healed completely. 

Recon Hub

"Well, I'll leave you to it. I must go and retrieve any coins that-" Atomic Flare's response to May was cut short as Cayde came between the two to make his proud statement about his heroics. She crossed her arms and held her tongue for a moment, humoring the Android's offer by lending an ear. Her mask raised along with her eyebrow as she freed her arm to swat away Cayde's hand. 

"As tempting as the offer sounds, I already get enough nagging from Vortex Man. So I'll have to pass."

Her eyes widened as Emilyn practically tackled the Android and riddled him with kisses. If her eyes were visible, she would be rolling them. But before she could instruct that she and the citizen should leave, Emilyn's tugs insisted that she go along with them to where the Breakers were. She hesitated, an uncomfortable frown took over her face as she looked toward the Plaza, finally complying with a sigh. 

"I guess I don't mind the detour since there's no more threat. But only to show them your safety is ensured."

Reflection Plaza

Upon arriving at the Plaza with May and Cayde, Atomic Flare examined the group of fighters as she landed down, releasing Emilyn so that she may go and meet up with Vegetto and the others. They looked like such a rowdy bunch. Especially chatting it up with one another in a crater from such an intense battle. Defeating the head Xy'pher must not have been an easy feat, so to see some of them so at ease now made the hero rethink her opinion on these infamous Breakers a bit. Her eyes scanned the Breakers, only stopping at a few faces. These weren't all Breakers. A couple of them were detectives. Her gaze stopped when it landed on Vegetto, Berserk, Avalon, and Bage, her silent stare remained as she hung back behind the four and focusing on that group. They must have been the ones to end it.

Bara sighed as she watched all this going on in silence, her focus going out on healing both Brachi and Jize whom were inside her at this time, having kept them in there for the time being to recuperate.

"Hopefully this is now over for now..." She muttered while watching the others interact on the side.

Reflection Plaza

May says in a professional tone "I gest we need to confirm that we are still alive and our losses." May thinks as she heads torts the the others "On top that we need to know how many they gained in this exchange." 

May puts away the orbs she token out.

Reflection City Outskirts

Gogeta stood in silence at the approach of the others, his eyes lifting to study Zenta in his strange behavior. The primal state of mind was all too familiar to the fusion; thinking to himself in silence at how unfamiliar the desire for combat looked on Zenta's normally refined and controlled state. His brow furrowed once Zenta approached, a blunt tone behind his dual voice.

"Why are you acting like that?"

The blunt question had no context; Gogeta speaking his mind blatantly once again without a need to clarify his meaning. Yet despite whatever answer Zenta would give, the fusion turned on his heel at the sight of the portal opening. His eyes glanced among the others for a moment, but soon, the fusion lept through the portal to arrive in the Plaza with the others.

Recon Hub Outskirts

Cayde raised his right eyebrow, lowering his gun down with a near dejected tone in his mechanical voice.

"Vortex Man? That's a pretty lame name for a hero."

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I also took lessons from a guy named Super Man, so lame names are normal for-"

The android loudly yelped as he was grappled by Emilyn, stumbling backwards while he somewhat reeled from the affectionate kissing. He gently pressed back, pulling his face back but still allowing her within his immediate personal space.

"Ack!! Woah there!! Not that I don't like it...but please! We gotta take things slooooow; it's no fun if there isn't any build up!"

Cayde turned towards the others, nodding along once Atomic Flare made the decision to join the Breakers in the Plaza.

"But the lady is right; it's very important we meet up with the rest of the team and let Vegetto know how incredibly handsome I am. Let's go!"

The Plaza

Upon Lucifer's challenge to strike, Vegetto immediately began to pull up his right fist. Unlike his first encounter with the angel, the decision to fight came at a different reaction that just pure, blind rage from being exploited. The hatred in the Potara fusion's eyes burned with an intensity brighter than simply unrefined emotional rage; focused on his target in a tactical manner. The mind and spirit all in tandem in working towards his decision; Vegetto would rather die than face a similar dilemma as the imperfect victory over Doom. Any situation of a higher being potentially controlling the Breakers in a similar manner meant the same fate in his eyes, and Vegetto chose logically as much as emotionally to fight with his all and die than to ever face potentially the same pain he felt in the "victory" against Doom.

Yet before he could act on the motion, the bright blur of Seilong's energy caught his eyes and Vegetto turned his head to watch on as Seilong healed Avalon fully. His muscles relaxed slowly in seeing the ninja's sputtering, but his narrowed eyes immediately snapped back up at Lucifer's approach. The resolve not to simply lash out and immediately attempt to hurl the angel to the ground could only be found in Vegetto's quick reaction to simply shut his eyes and call upon the advice given in the past; a familiar mechanical voice ringing out in his head.

Buddy, I know you don't like them, and that's fine! But when you get what you want, just...shut everything out! All the bad stuff, get it outta your head. Just take your winnings and go home!

Vegetto's eyes shot open, the peck on his cheek spurring a massive surge of rage within his core as the memory burned in his mind.

But I can't let them win!

He trembled violently, his arms ready to reach up but a strange soothing sensation washed over him as he thought more clearly on the memory, which was simply Vegetto and Cayde together at a casino. Vegetto blinked hard, the anger washing away at the trivialization of his dilemma with Lucifer being compared to that of the trip to the casino where he nearly wiped out an entire casino in rage of losing while Cayde simply leaned back in his seat in the memory, shaking his head from side to side.

Alright...rule number eight: never take the Rogue Breaker gambling ever again.

The warmth of the memory itself dispersed a large amount of the anger within caused by Lucifer's banter, Vegetto slowly collecting himself and standing upright in the silence. His eyes were quick to dodge Avalon and Berserk after he recovered; the sensation of their emotions prevalent in the back of his mind. The portals forming while the other Breakers arrived in a show of force prompted his attention, standing upright as Gogeta joined the group in the Plaza.

The other fusion glanced around, immediately picking up on the hostile energy of the area. His eyes first fell on Lucifer and Vegetto, but rather than speaking out, Gogeta stood silently in the area as he powered down to his base state before crossing his arms over his chest.

Next came Cayde running up alongside Atomic Flare, Emilyn and May. The android let out a deep sigh of relief as he approached Vegetto, taking a moment to seemingly catch his breath despite being an android with no need for oxygen.

"Oh man...what a day. You should have been there with us man, we fought off this big monster dog Xy'pher that could summon machine guns from its mouth. I'm telling ya, a Blue Devil or a Super Saiyan wouldn't have taken it down, but thankfully, I was there with my Ace of Spades and-"

Vegetto narrowed his eyes at Cayde, speaking up specifically to stop the android from continuing his story.

"What the hell happened to your face?"

Cayde stopped his speech and stood silent for a second, the dejected hurt of being cut off clear in his expression as he sarcastically snapped back.

"They're called kisses. You wouldn't know about them since they only happen to dashing hero types like myself."

The Plaza

Avalon groaned in pain while Bage patted his shoulder as he forced himself to sit up and glance around at the other Breakers. He was confused as to why everyone was surrounding him and Bage, and once Bage started to ask about Goku's core, he followed his panicked expression. He looked around frantically before trying to stand up, only to fall back down from the immense pain. His mind was riddled with worry as he could not find the core anywhere and thought he let the Breakers down yet again.

"I-I... the core! Where is it?!" Avalon said. "I... I swear I had it in my arms! Me and Vegetto--! I know I had it! I--I..!"

Not again..! I let them down again! Damnit Avalon, you ruin everything! You worthless man! Can't you do anythin' right?!

As Avalon continued to panic, his scroll rolled to nudge his leg. The ninja lifted it up and rolled it open, his eyes widening in the process. He turned the scroll to the others to show the drawing of Goku's core inside the scroll and Seilong's message. The pain he was in washed away as he quickly jumped onto his feet. He spoke gibberish in his excitement before holding the scroll for everyone to see.

"Y-You spoke with S-Seilong?! I--you! He saved my life?! I was dyin'?! No way!" He stared at his arms, seeing the cracks that resembled the ones Spina had. They were very slowly healing, now that he was saved from death's door. He noticed that all the Xy'phers are gone from the area. He managed to calm down, just enough to speak properly. "We managed to get Goku's core safe and sound, so that means Bage's plan worked!"

Reflection City (Outskirts)

Zenta almost appeared to zone out what the others were saying to him, nervous that he acted so strangely before them. Only a few words of what they said echoed in his head ominously.

"Why are you acting like that?"

"Showing off, eh?"

"I suppose at least one of us would have some fun fighting these things..."

Did I... Did I lose myself in this fight? No, that can't be... No! I disgraced myself by letting it consume me, even for a moment... I must keep a clear head, for their sake.

Zenta's attention quickly darted to the portal and was relieved to know that they would all reunite with the others. As he stepped through the portal, he sensed the others and smiled, knowing that everyone was safe and alive. A wave of tranquility flowed through his body as he started to calm down from his worried state. Avalon's voice put him more at ease.

"Heeeeey! The others are here! Looks like everyone's back in one piece!" The ninja cheered out. He called out to Spina, showing Goku's core in his scroll. "Boss! We all managed to defeat Detective Goku and capture his core! It's in my scroll! Seilong even spoke to us! Ain't that awesome!"

"It seems that once Detective Goku was defeated, the Xy'phers retreated." Zenta said.

"Seems like it. I was outcold when they left, but I don't see anymore Xy'phers."

"I cannot sense any within the city."

As Emilyn arrived with Cayde May, and Atomic Flare to the Plaza, she skipped over to Vegetto as he commented about Cayde.

"Mr. Vegetto! Mr. Vegetto! You're alright! Thank goodness! You have no idea how brave and awesome Cayde was! He's just, like, so incredible when he fights, y'know! You were right to trust him! I was safe in his hands!" She rushed over to Cayde's side and giggled. "I hope you don't mind if I take Cayde off your hands, Mr. Vegetto. He's so handsome and courageous, I should at least treat him to dinner one day."

The Plaza

After hearing Bage stating that he was fine, Detective Spawn was put at ease. “You looked way better than me right now; I’m a total mess.” He lowered his head, seeing that their former boss, Detective Goku, was placed within the scroll to prevent any Xy’phers from reclaiming it. “…That’s for the best.” Something was bugging the Detective, and after looking at everyone’s state, it became more apparent to him.

“Hmm? Is love currently blossoming?” Lucifer observed after Cayde proudly show off Emilyn’s affection towards him. “Please do, my dear. Our level of cuisine will dramatically increase.” While saying that, Lucifer’s eyes shifted slowly to target Zenta. No words exchange between the two has he humoring himself with the android; there was a deeper message that angel want to convey towards the beast with his eyes only.

Once Spina emerged from the portal, he’d quickly scanned the area for everyone, even eyeing another newcomer, Atomic Flare. It seems that his intuition was correct; now that their ace had fallen, there was no need to continue their attack. When Avalon ran up and show the scroll that contains Detective Goku’s core and spoke of a person named Seilong, the old Saiyan stare at it with his dead eyes. As opposed to his actions earlier, Spina returned to being indifferent. “…Must’ve been an intense battle. If only I’ve made it in time.”

---

“You can release everyone now. There’s no Xy’phers around at all.” Null Knight approached Detective Spawn. “I’ll be taking them, along with the President of the RNN, off your hands.”

At first, the Detective was lost in thought and didn’t respond right away. There were other elements that need clarification. “Yeah,” Spawn finally responded. “Can’t keep them inside forever.” The Detective’s cloak opened, releasing everyone that was saved thanks to Spina’s energy markings.
“Ouch!” Stacey landed on top of Chad and Sky. “I thought this was going to be our new lives forever! Chad, you’re getting all of this?”

Chad raised a thumbs up. “Yes sir, ma’am!”

“Would you two get off me!?” Sky snapped at the two.

---

The rest of the people were caution, but seemingly okay that they were saved. Upon seeing both Null Knight and Atomic Flare, they went to their direction and away from the Breakers.

“See, I knew Null Knight will come and save us!” One of the younger folks said. “Though, to think that the Breakers would save us… that’s… unexpected.”

“Atomic Flare and Vegetto is here too!”

“All of you will come with me. I’ll take you somewhere safe and—” Null Knight stopped her sentence midday, hearing that Atomic Flare was here. Turning around, the Knight spotted Atomic Flare. “Excuse me,” Null Knight rushed towards Atomic Flare. “Where have you been? Vortex Man was searching all over for you.”

---

As the people gathered around the heroes, President Beard spotted his one of his top journalists, Stacey, Chad, and Sky, near Spawn and the Breakers. “Of course, you guys will make it just fine…” He closed his eyes and nodded. “I bet you recorded everything, huh?”

“Recorded? We were broadcasting live! We caught every glimpse of it!” Chad said. “And thanks to our pal, Brainstorm, she made the camera capable of viewing things without me seeing it, haha!”

Stacey did a fist bump towards the air. “Yeah! This is going to be a huge scoop for us! Breakers… Destroyers… or Savers?! Are the Xy’phers come kind of omen for something bigger to come?! Did you bring those things here!!” In response to Stacey’s intensity, Chad turns his camera to the rest of the Breakers. “Gogeta!! Did you and Bernkastel turned over to a new leaf? What’s up with that blue form, Vegetto!? You totally look like those devils!!” She said with sparkles in her eyes. “Tell me everything!!”

President Beard’s eyes soften. He turned to the rest of the Breakers that, even at the sloppiest attempts, saved the city. All the stories, all the attacks, and turning their reputation, perhaps, there was a silver lining that maybe not all of them are bad. Although, based on his own personal experience, he was at a crossroad. “Hold on… I think… I need to say something before it gets out of hand and make things worse.”

May thinks "These people are lucky this group did not chose to become the monsters they treated them as. I kind of feel sorry for them if they set up shop in refection because of the traffic sucks hard for any "hero"." 

May says to the breakers "I hope at least one you Breakers know how to speak to people. Its up to you all to chose to do the interviews and witch ones to do."  May knows they are skilled but that only in terms of combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom