The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berserk chuckled in response, giving Avalon a playful smirk. "I'll hold you to that! As long as I'm here, I'll give it 110% too." She turned when Lucifer approached her to speak, blinking in mild surprise at how he addressed her despite what had transpired just earlier. Her expression didn't falter at this, instead taking it to be some sort of compliment. "Haha! I'm not one to shy away from a challenge. Come to think of it, this was the first real big battle I've been in without my sisters to help me. It wasn't a cakewalk at all, but I liked how our team worked it all out." Berserk seemed like she enjoyed having taken part in it compared to when she was the brains behind the plan which attracted the Breakers' attention. Even as she watched Avalon go off on Vegetto her mood stayed upbeat. "Even if they won't admit it outright. Bwahaha!"

====
Bernkastel slightly turned her body away from Zenta as he came over to her, not wanting to look him directly in the visor and see her own face in it. "Wh-what?" She asked, trying to hide that what Vegetto said bothered her. Bern's posture loosened up some of its tension as she felt his other hand pat her on the head, glancing up at him curiously when he pulled away. Zenta proceeding to counter what Vegetto had implied about her and Gogeta's character by speaking highly of them made Bernkastel awkwardly stand beside him and tap her hands together in a shy manner. While she kept a straight face for the most part, her cheeks grew hot from hearing it.

Berserk gave Avalon a half-shrug. "If that's the way he feels... it's a weird way of saying it though."

"Y-you needn't go that far-- really." Bernkastel sweated a bit at seeing Zenta fuss over them to such an extent that he bowed; the notion of others begging to forgive her on her behalf make her feel uncomfortable, and the awkward silence made it obvious. Remarks about Zenta being her lapdog earlier in the day came to mind, and it caused her to briefly grimace at the display. Even though Zenta practically gave them permission to treat him like a servant, she felt an instinctive revulsion about the idea. Instead, she gave him an awkward, but reassuring smile even if she knew he wouldn't see it. "Just having you as our friend means a lot since I don't think anybody else would be so... patient."

Bern enunciated her words carefully, clearly wanting to say more but not sure how. When Gogeta stood in front of her to answer her directly, her expression became wide-eyed before staring at his outstretched hand. Instinctively, she reached a hand out before hesitating; she seemed to be in deep thought even though instinctively she had an answer. Meeting his gaze, Bern slowly took his hand into hers. A hopeful glimmer lightened the color of her dead eyes before she returned a small smile of her own. "That sounds nice. Let's do it with a clean start." Wanting to say more, she decided to make her words available to everyone watching and not just Gogeta.

Bern, still holding Gogeta's hand, straightened her posture and cleared her throat before facing the cameras and the President. "Perhaps if I found myself in your shoes, Mr. President, I also wouldn't have trusted our words at face value. I... can't promise that I'll ever be able to assuage people's fears or erase their hatred of me completely. I can't say I won't make more mistakes down the line either. But I definitely won't give up on trying to better myself... no matter how difficult things might become for me. I won't allow any lowlife to push me around for it, of course, but I'll do my best."

Despite her annoyed attitude a second ago, Atomic Flare paused for a moment. She examined Null Knight and her discomfort. Seeing that her hostile demeanor was met with genuine concern, the hero soften her tone immediately. "Right. Sorry." She replied, however her eyes turned back to Emilyn briefly as she was introduced to Vegetto. She didn't give much of a response to this as she focused back on Null Knight's last request as she walked way.

Bage walked along with Detective Spawn and May. But as he noticed the two Reflection heroes getting ready to set off, he picked up his stride to stop them.​

"Wait! Excuse me. Null Knight! Atomic Flare!" He called out to the two as he approaching them. They both looked rather small compared to how they had been blown up on merchandise. But the junior detective wouldn't let that detail distract him.​

Atomic Flare turned her head to see the tall Saiyan towering over both she and Null Knight. She didn't speak a word as he continued.​

"Hello! Its a pleasure to meet the both of you! I'm Junior Detective Bage from the Detective agency back in Metropolis city, or... I guess what use to be." Bage casually reached out and shook the hand of Null Knight then Atomic Flare. "But anyways, I'm looking for someone very important to me right now. Have either of you seen a Saiyan woman come by the city, she can be kind of abrasive some times and... Is actually around your height." Bage mentioned, looking directly at Atomic Flare. The Hero remained silent, which the detective took as some sort of negative response regarding her height. "OH, I mean... Not that there's anything wrong with you being short! That goes without saying! I just mean it as a way to describe her is all--"​

"I wouldn't know." Atomic Flare responded bluntly. "I've been away looking for the cause of our missing citizens."

Bage.” Null Knight seems to recall the name when the detective introduced himself. The Knight turned to Atomic Flare, seeing that she wasn’t interested in what Detective Bage wanted to say. Atomic’s responses came off as cold; although to Null Knight, she always been like this somewhat. Yet, the Knight still feels that there was something off about this ordeal. “I don’t know either,” The Knight responded to Bage’s question. “I haven’t been to Metropolis in a few months. “I’m not very good with socializing, so I don’t think I ran into anyone like that. Now, if you excuse me.”

Null Knight had other objectives that needs full attention. However, the Knight stopped right next to Bage. “If you are looking for your friend, I’m sure you’ll find her soon enough. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Detective Bage.” She walked away without giving him the chance to respond, heading towards the group of people that needs to be evacuated.

====

President Beard’s lips rose into a smile. “That’s soothing to hear, actually. I’ll make the appropriate steps on assuring what remains of my staff to spread the news of Xy’phers to other cities. It’s not much, and probably won’t dissuade fears of your group, but it’s a start. Reflection City owes you that much.” Beard turns to Stacey and Chad. “That should be a wrapped of your story, no?”

“Sniff… sniff...” Chad trying his hardest to hold back tears. “That was beautiful!” Responding to what Zenta, Gogeta and Bernkastel did for the camera. “There were so many twists and turns in that moment… oh my heart!”

Stacey shrugs her shoulders. “I guess. I wanted to be more drama though! Now Bernkastel and Fursona making things so sappy! Hand-holding?!” Stacey covered her mouth, trying not to puke. “Gross!”

“Ah, don’t complain Stacey! We got enough juice to make enough content for weeks! I say this is an absolute win!” Chad chuckled.
Stacey sighed. “I guess whipped out an article with Vegetto finally rejoining the Breakers—”

“Can we stop?” Spina said without any hint of emotion in his voice. An otherwise atmosphere of victory and hope, replaced with dread.

President Beard and the reporters turned in reaction towards Spina’s cold question. Chad, ensuring his camera is still rolling, faced the older Saiyan. His eyes widened, seeing Spina’s face was something that was completely dejected.

Stacey approached Spina with the mic in her hand. “What do you mean by that—”

“None of us are family. Period. Don’t throw poisonous words around to imply that we’re something more to one another. We’re not. We’re only mere comrades trying to right the wrongs, and only because of these circumstances, that we’re together. That’s it.” Raising his finger, the older Saiyan pointed directly at the Breakers. “Vegetto isn’t returning to the Breakers.”

Stacey narrowed her eyes. “R-really!? But I thought—”

“You thought wrong. Again, we’re simply comrades by circumstances, and he just happen to tag along. At no point there was an intent to add him back to the Breakers. Especially since he dropped everything to attack Brainstorm with all his might. Only until later, he decides to become a team player.” Spina continued. “With that said, Gogeta is no longer part of the group. He’s only here because we are honoring his search to find his brother. We’ve accomplished that. Now he’s no longer needed here. You can lump with him with Vegetto as a rouge.”

Detective Spawn step forward to calm Spina down. “Hey! What’s with you? Even if you don’t consider them as friends, they’re still your comrades—”

“Shut your fucking mouth. You know as well as I do. Don’t be fooled by the illusion going on right now. Some of them can barely managed to do that: be a comrade.” Spina raised his finger, pointing at Majin Bara. “The one called Brachi abandoned not just the mission; she left Zenta to fall and everyone else to fend for themselves. Even had the gall to criticize the President as he was getting kidnapped for last one quip. One thing I despise more than these pathetic bonds, is some who left a comrade behind in battle. They are even lower than trash, and don’t deserved mercy.” Spina turns to Majin Bara, sensing Brachi’s energy within her. “She’s no longer part of the group.”

President Beard, Stacey and Chad stepped back a little bit as the older Saiyan continued. Detective Spawn sensed an oddity with Spina’s energy. As if any attempt to get close to him will instantly be repelled away. 

“This is final. I’m cutting out the deadweights, and we'll move forward stop the rest of these Xy’phers." Spina said, eyeing Bernkastel. There was a slight connection between the two. "Anything else is just but an hinderance."  

"Um, okay..." Stacey said, turning to the camera behind her. "Looks like there's two groups now!!"

As Null Knight excused herself, Atomic Flare did the same. She left the detective confused with not another word. "Emilyn." She called the girl with a firm, almost demanding tone.

Bage's expression turned grim at the cold responses from both of the heroes. He was saddened that his search had led to a dead end and Atomic Flare's attitude didn't make him feel any better about it. Unfortunately he couldn't blame her entirely. However, as Null Knight offered her words of encouragement and kindness, the detective tried to keep his head up. Right! He was so close!  Just because she wasn't there didn't mean she was gone. And he wouldn't even let the thought of her being a Xy'pher cross his mind.​

Once his thoughts settled down, sound of Spina's speech caught Bage's attention. He turned his head as the older Saiyan went down the list of reasons why the Breakers would never be anything more than a team of strangers. The junior detective was thrown off by the sudden tangent, listening on in shock, but he could do only that. What was wrong with him? Was he still acting strange due to his change? It seemed unfair that the group was finally starting to make progress with one another.... But it wasn't the younger Saiyan's place to object as this was between the Breakers and the Breakers alone. And their leader had spoken.​

After Spawn spoke, Bage reached over and placed a shoulder on his shoulder, shaking his head to deter him from speaking any further.

"Then I am resigning too," Bara stated, "you haven't exactly shown good qualities of being an effective leader, Spina, and I doubt your current state can prove your worth as one in the near future. Maybe now we can finally get rid off all the usual obstacles of in-fighting and disagreements, focus on the more important tasks such as defeating the Red Kind, retrieving the comrades he had kidnapped, and put an end to all this madness so we can finally get on with what really matters: getting our old homes back. Besides, haven't you been incapacitated for some time after our previous battles that has gotten us into this mess in the first place? Which, coupled with your own actions has gotten our reputation to this low to begin with, at which we were trying to remedy before all this with the Xy'phers went on? Almost feels like the pot calling the kettle black! You obviously show that you don't know her enough to see what lies behind her motives, so with that said, enjoy leading the remnants of the so-called 'Breakers'."

Bara crossed her arms at that.

Gogeta grinned back at Bernkastel as she took his hand, happily giving her a firm shake and practically ignoring the cameras on play. Vegetto initially frowned at the display at being spurned at his proclamation. Yet the scene between his counterpart and the witch slowly warmed into his heart, and the Potara fusion let out a content sigh in the understanding that his path towards reconciliation would take much longer than he planned.

Yet the threat of that success finally came forth at Spina's harrowing words. Initially, Vegetto only narrowed his eyes slightly in a concerned confusion, but mostly held a stare of indifference in Spina trashing the notion of the Breakers being a family. To him, it did not matter: Spina being over the top with his brutality was nothing new, and Vegetto lacked the depth to see the immense damning of the team's bond to one another in favor of his ego. However, the final line tore into the man in a way that had never happened before, the words ringing in his mind.

"Vegetto isn't returning to the Breakers."

For the first time in his entire life, someone had denied him his end goal. Lucifer's and Bernkastel's embarrassing beatdowns only countered Vegetto for "in the moment" situations; even Doom's complete victory over the fusion was countered in that because the Breakers won in the end, Vegetto's ego clung to that victory for validation. However, Spina's claim to never allow him back on the team had been the first time he had been denied the ability to evolve and improve upon his situation. To stop his chance to achieve what he had built towards.

Upon the subconscious realization, Vegetto's eyebrows slowly curled and shrunk into an intense glare. The debate posed at meager to Spina as he shot down any chance for a viewpoint other than his own went through Vegetto's ears as noise; the rage mounting in the malicious black energy. All the work done up until the point of development proved to be merely covering up the terrible demons still wrestling in his mind; his ego finally being challenged directly by the claim and unleashing the monster within.

Cayde and Gogeta both blinked in shock at Spina's firm denial, the latter frowning upon being dismissed by the older Saiyan yet was unsure how to respond in the immediate moment. However, the android's eyes instantly shot towards Vegetto in realization of what this meant.

"Oh shit."

Cayde quickly turned, shuffling his feet as Vegetto pushed forward in a walk towards the older Saiyan, quickly pulling out his hand cannon as he spoke in a rushed, panicked tone.

"Vegetto wait...mud puddles man! Mud pudd-"

The android yelped as Vegetto promptly flicked his left gloved wrist, backhanding the android down to the ground in a brutal display of disrespect to his friend. Cayde coughed audibly, dazed and groaning on the floor in confusion while Gogeta gasped at the sight, the other fusion's eyes lifting as Vegetto came to a halt to Spina with a near crazed stare.

"Deadweight?!"

Vegetto barely paused, his dual voice in a damning shout of rage as the veins along his neck and forehead visibly bulged in his unhinged speech.

"If it wasn't for me, you and the rest of the Breakers would've been turned to coins in Reality Metropolis!! I SLAUGHTERED the same Xy'phers that were ripping your PATHETIC team apart. While I was saving everyone, you were getting your ass kicked by a WEAKLING not even half your power level!"

His glare sharpened only a bit, the wide eyes reddening on the sides while the black energy radiated from around Vegetto's back; threatening to fully unleash while he continued.

"Even now, I am the one who ended one of the strongest Saiyans this world has ever seen!! Because of MY power, this city is saved! While you were fighting...what...Xy'pher BIRDS?!"

Gogeta's eyes widened in shock, watching on silently as Vegetto showcased the immense turmoil and demons plaguing his mind. The massive ego flaring in lashing out was identical to the man's demand for the Voice to bring back his wife; throwing any respect for the others' actions in ending the fight as a team out the window to appease the growing black energy that flowed around the man in a strong flame like aura.

"It's been that way ever since we met: I am superior to you in every way. You were nothing to me then, and you are even less now. You lose every fight you're in: against your betters and your inferiors all the same. I am the one who wins the fights; from the café against that Doom bot, all the way until now against Kakarot. You live and breathe because I allow it!"

Vegetto's gloved hands rolled into fists, the muscles on his arms tensing heavily in preparation to lunge at Spina.

"This is MY team, it has always been MINE! And if you DARE step out of line, then I'll be sure to teach you where you belong: under MY boot!"

Detective Spawn turned to Bage, nodding that they really don’t have a stake in these arguments. This was a personal manner between them, and Spina is the leader of the Breakers. “As long they don’t end up killing each other.” He backed down per Bage’s suggestion.

“Good. Goodbye.” Spina swiftly turned his back away from Majin Bara the moment she said she’d resigned from the group. None of her words matter at this point and had no interest of engaging her nor her friends; they were worthless in his eyes. Instead, the old Saiyan turned his attention to seeing Vegetto shoving Cayde down to the ground. His eyes slowly trailed upwards, locking eyes with the fusion; the latter’s face was nothing but pure fury.

The seething anger Vegetto had displayed deafening everything. Chad’s eyes widened when he saw the person was secretly a fan of acting in such manner. It was like a completely different person, but he kept the camera rolling to capture his exchange. Similarity, President Beard was taken aback at Vegetto’s explosive statements. He fell on his behind trying to step away from this. He couldn’t get a word in. Even though his action against Brainstorm was questionable, he’d figured there was some context behind that. Here, there was none.

Just before Null Knight left with the people, the explosive anger from Vegetto caught their attention. The hero they admired just as much as the heroes of Reflection City, suddenly turned into a demon. They looked on with absolute horror.

In contrast, Stacey was absolutely loving this. This was the juice that she was thriving for; everything else was nothing more than a measly appetizer. This was a delicate entrée worthy of reporting live. She turned her head slightly, seeing that Chad was still filming this in its entirely for all to see; the corners of her lips curled up, making a gigantic smile on her face. “Yes…!!! This is the juicy news I want. More… I want MORE!!!”

Lucifer covered his mouth, doing his absolutely best to try and hold back his laughter after seeing Vegetto exploded like that. “I’m just eating right now.” The angel said, managing to slip out a few words without bursting into laughter. He turns to Spina, not expecting to see this level of entertainment. Lucifer was merely testing the waters, waiting to see how one’s choice affect the outcomes. “Bravo, my dear boy. This was an excellent dish, best served cold.”

Spina listened thoroughly through Vegetto’s declarations. Once again, recalls a memory of a similar instance when he pleaded the Voice to restore his wife and cast the Breakers aside. His eyes squinted and still having a disinterested expression. Yet, despite all the angry arguments Vegetto had lashed out towards him, all it did was strengthened his position even more as a result: Vegetto will never return to the Breakers. Like a disappointing father staring down a child who couldn’t get what he wanted, Spina bore a sheer as his lips parted slightly with a few words in response:

“So what?”

Bara just scoffed.

"Don't come crying to us when your actions come back to haunt you. Maybe you need a new Spine-a!" She said, before waiting to see what Vegetto would do next, watching the entire argument unfold as to her, it just proved her point out of the in-fighting when there were bigger fish to fry.

"Maybe this is exactly what the Red King wants so he can pick us off one at a time." She added.

As Bernkastel and Gogeta promised to start anew with their approach, Zenta couldn't help but smile at the bonding between them. In a way, he felt proud of the two and only wanted to see them continue to blossom. While they vowed to have a clean start, Zenta slipped out of the view of the cameras, not liking the attention he forced upon himself, even if it was for a good cause. He tried to 'hide' behind Bernkastel and Gogeta from the ever-watching 'eye' of the camera.

"Well, then I suppose that we are finished here--"

Before the beast managed to finish, he overheard Spina and the cruel words he spoke. He listened intently to Spina and felt that his small attempt to relieve the Breakers of some stress was in vain. When Spina mentioned that they were not family, or even friends, Zenta frowned, not because he wanted to be friends with Spina, but rather the harshness of his words. In a way, Zenta felt a bit like a fool for proclaiming such a thing on a national broadcast. Yet, he glanced down at Bernkastel and Gogeta upon letting Spina's cruel words sink on him. The way the two bonded warmed his heart, yet, something prevented him from getting closer.

None of us are family. Period. ...We’re only mere comrades trying to right the wrongs, and only because of these circumstances, that we’re together. That’s it.

I... I should not get too close, for their sake. A beast like me would only be bad news...

However, as Zenta was taking steps away from the duo, Vegetto's voice rung out louder than ever. The more the Fusion spoke, the more Zenta grew disappointed in what he heard, yet, he said nothing to the man. What could he say that wouldn't anger him any more than he is now?

Avalon, on the other hand, was upset when he heard Spina, but his expression quickly changed upon hearing Vegetto downplay everything they went through. His hands balled into fists and his blood began to boil over, so much so that his vision began to blur. All he heard was nothing but Vegetto's ego speaking and anything else was drowned out in his hyper-focus on Vegetto. He knew he was in no condition to act out, especially towards Vegetto of all people, but he could not stand by a single thing Vegetto said.

"After the battle we just went through, you think this was your doin'?! We all worked hard to stop the Xy'phers and you want to take credit?! We lived because we worked together, not because you let it happen!" Avalon wobbled his way towards Vegetto and slowly began to perform hand signs. He was ready to fight Vegetto, even in his condition. "You're a disgrace to all of us here! You're so blinded by your ego that you lost your damn mind! Water Style--"

Before Avalon could finish his words, he felt a fuzzy arm wrap around his neck and another grab his arm, pinning it behind his back. He gasped when he felt himself being lifted off the ground and quickly moved away from Vegetto. Zenta grabbed the ninja and hopped backwards towards Berserk, making sure that Avalon did not break free from his hold. As much as Avalon struggled, he couldn't budge Zenta's tight hold.

"Let me go, Zenta! I won't stand for people who look down on the hard work of others!"

"I understand you are upset, Avalon, but this is something you cannot do. Starting another fight will only make problems worse."

"I don't care! Let me go so I can--" Avalon gasped when he felt Zenta's grip tighten to the point where it caused him pain.

"You are a fool, Avalon!" Zenta said angrily to the elf. "If you want to live long enough to meet Seilong, then you must learn to accept consequences! This is beyond the scope of you simply trying to prove him wrong. If you fight Vegetto, you will die. You are too impulsive!"

"So we just sit here... and let him say that crap?!"

"He will suffer in the agony of his own words. The best punishments are often the ones that take the longest to unfold," Zenta eventually loosened his grip on Avalon, but made sure to keep a hold of him. His strong voice began to soften. "Trust me on that one... I know you are upset, but you have done all you can muster. Do not waste the blessing Seilong gave you..."

Avalon grunted before slowly accepting defeat and nodding to Zenta. The beast released the ninja, the pain storming in waves along his body. Avalon glanced at Berserk before looking at the floor briefly in shame. He remained silent, watching Vegetto's outburst with clenched fists.

Emilyn gasped when Vegetto slapped Cayde away, nearly freezing in place as the Fusion yelled at Spina. Her large eyes were full of nothing but fear rather than admiration towards Vegetto. She could not believe that the hero she loved the most would even say such things. Betrayal struck the poor woman's heart as she watched silently Vegetto's meltdown. Only until Atomic Flare called out her name did she break the trance she had on Vegetto. Her gaze lowered to the floor as she slowly made her way to the Hero without uttering a word to the other Breakers. She grabbed on to Atomic Flare's arm and hid herself behind the hero.

"I... I wanna go home. Please, take me home, Atomic Flare." Yet, something seemingly caught Emilyn's attention from within the city. Her eyes stared aimlessly in a certain direction before she whispered to Atomic Flare. "Quickly."

The short-lived camaraderie was immediately snuffed out by Spina's cold demeanor, causing Bernkastel to turn towards him with a confused expression on her face. As he made his disparaging comments to subsequently cut out people from their group, she let out a surprised gasp, shock freezing her in her spot. Where did this come from, all of a sudden?

Berserk watched on, stunned with how quickly the air became foul. "What? But- but we were doing great!" she cried out in dismay, yelping a bit from being startled by Vegetto's explosive outburst. She flinched visibly the second he flung Cayde to the ground. "This isn't good at all... huh?" Suddenly, Avalon was no longer at her side but heading straight for Vegetto for another shouting match; she extended an arm out in a bid to get him to turn around. "Hey Avalon, wait--! Don't!"

Bern's grip on Gogeta's hands tightened instinctively as she realized how quickly everything was beginning to fall into turmoil around them. Cringing visibly at the way Vegetto reacted in such a toxic manner, and trampling over the person he referred to moments before as his own brother caused her to grimace. Her eyes softened a bit however as she glanced away only a moment, sensing a familiarity in the display that brought her a unique kind of secondhand shame. She knew exactly what it was like.

Our egos... work the same way, she thought bitterly, glancing only a moment in Lucifer's direction knowing what he would say about the matter if things continued to progress like this. If this doesn't stop soon...

Berserk hurried over once Zenta had brought Avalon back down to his senses, albeit handling the elf more roughly than she expected. "You remember the last time he was his angry-- you didn't work this hard to be healed up just so you could get Coin'd," she whispered to him, placing a hand on Avalon's shoulder. Lacking the context behind Vegetto's words she glanced up at Zenta. "But we can't just sit here and do nothing! Tch... damn it..." she cursed their inability to do anything, especially because they were new to the group. It was conflicting since she wanted to object, yet she lacked the power to get anywhere near Vegetto or Spina. Just being close towards the immense pressure Vegetto exerted in his monstrous rage was causing her to have difficulty breathing. It was unlikely they would listen either.

Bernkastel's stare hardened, turning to look back at Gogeta. "Gogeta... stay here. I'm going to do something that might be really stupid, but just trust me. Make sure the others are safe if anything happens." She gave him a reassuring smile with one last squeeze of his hand before her voice took on a firm tone. "This shall not stand."

Letting go, Bern turned and closed the distance between Spina and Vegetto; initially she stopped due to the pressure their presences exerted on her, but locking eyes with Spina, the Witch felt compelled to continue moving forward towards them.

"I could ask you the same thing," Bernkastel replied with a stern and stony expression on her face. Standing between the hulking men was clearly a grave undertaking, as sweat formed just above her brow trying to resist their auras, but her face wouldn't budge. "From the very beginning anyone who had half a brain could tell we were a group of utter misfits with no sense of unity. And we still are, for the things you said even down to conflicting ideologies." Her eyes narrowed. "So what?"

"When it matters the most, we all still are capable of taking down enemies who seem impossible to defeat; Doom's Trials and our victory over the Coin Hunter-- even our fights with the Xy'phers stands as proof of that. For you to stand before me wearing Spina's face and speak as if all of that means nothing...!" Bernkastel's glare never wavered, her voice picking up strength the more she spoke. It came out of nowhere yet she pushed to continue. Gritting her teeth, she thrust forward her pointer finger at the men. What Bern uttered next was directed towards them both.

"I, the Witch of Miracles, won't accept that! Someone who overlooks and tramples the earnest efforts of others-- no matter what motivates it-- just to keep his own head above the water... someone who'd rather lighten the weight on his shoulders to fly instead of utilizing the strength of his flawed comrades... is neither a leader OR a Breaker in my eyes... only a damned DISGRACE! I won't answer to someone like that!"

"Bernie..." Berserk couldn't say much, surprised by Bernkastel's words.

"...Our mission isn't over until the Red King is dealt with," Bern said after a moment of calming herself down, retaining her stern demeanor. "Crippling ourselves like this will doom us all; we all know first-hand now that the Xy'phers cannot be defeated if we're all split up. Are you in... or are you out?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom