The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
May says "Something tells me that this will not be resolved any time soon." 07 asks "what do you mean mistress?" May says "Its not 100% but the group is far for united in any since. I cant say any more than that." 

May takes out some orbs to help civvies that were cot up in the fight.

Vegetto’s furious stare only deepened at the curt and strong retort of the older Saiyan, his gloved fists trembling. He made a single step forward, cracking the ground in the suffocating pressure that swirled around the man. His pupils glowed slightly and for the first time in the radiating black energy, came the hue of an ominous red glow surrounding the Potara fusion. The red glow swirled inside the pitch black energy like blood circulating within a vein. The energy radiated like a disease; threatening madness upon its touch while a truly malicious glow encircled Vegetto.

A small tint of red encased his pupils; the dual voice strong once he turned his head towards Bernkastel at her speech, having completely ignored the prospect of Avalon striking out at him. His narrowed eyes widened in the rage fueled glare, scoffing audibly before he nearly spat in the witch’s direction.

“Don’t you dare give me orders, witch. If it wasn’t for your need to play games with all of us, she’d still be alive right now. Letting you exist in this world has been my greatest mistake, and it’s time I wiped you from the face of the Vortex.”

The ominous whirl of energy surged at the pure hatred spoken; the evil energy swirling outwards with a small crackle of pitch black lightning. Yet before Vegetto could close the gap to Bernkastel, Gogeta teleported from thin air in between the two. A firm and determined scowl met Vegetto’s own glare.

The Potara fusion stopped in place, looking over Gogeta for a moment in silence. Yet his commanding tone came without hesitation; the impending danger clear as day in Vegetto’s threat.

“Out of my way, Gogeta.”

“No.”

Gogeta spaced his legs slightly, a protective gesture with his free arm in pushing Bernkastel back slightly towards Zenta, Avalon, and Berserk. Vegetto scoffed, his fists tensing heavily while he raised his right eyebrow in furious perplexion.

“You’d defend that monster?”

Gogeta kept his scowl, tensing up in preparation for the fight.

“The only monster I see, is you.”

Bara remained silent for a moment, realizing that the words of Bernkastel did ring true.

"Brachi, Jize and I are in, Bern," She then said, "you are right in that our mission isn't over by a long shot. So regardless of what Spina here says, we'll stay until our mission is over, so we can finally focus on what really matters. We can only defeat the Red King if we stick together and quit with the in-fighting, regardless of what some of us think. We were brought together into this mess, we have to get ourselves out of here as well."

Atomic Flare was silent through the exchange, her eyes focused on Emilyn as she made her request to go home. The hero simply nodded, wrapping one arm around her waist before taking off into the air soon disappearing from the rest of the group with the terrified Emilyn in her arms.

Bage tensed slightly at the fight that was about to break out between the Breakers. The scene playing out before him and the rest of the world made the previous joyful tone between them nonexistent. But what could he do? Everyone was already hurt bad enough as they were now, and trying to break up another fight between them would cause even more damage than before. And then there was the investigation. What Bara was saying reminded him of it. In order to win against the king they would at least need to work together until this whole mess was dealt with. All Bage could do was wait. But as it stood now... They would be down a significant amount in terms of power if they decide to split here.

“This isn’t good. Need to get these people out of here.” Null Knight placed both hands together. At first, the Knight struggled to build up sufficient energy needed. “…I need to make sure I am stable enough…” The Knight’s body initially phased in and out before stabilizing. “Sentai Power… Teleportation!” A spark of rainbow light wavered Null Knight and the people saved during the attempted Xy’pher invasion. Instantly, they vanished without a trace.

===

Detective Spawn crossed his arms to protect his face after Vegetto’s explosive aura billowed around the Plaza. May and Bage were correct to not involved themselves, but Spawn still felt that something was needed. However, he was in no position to do anything after exhausting his strength after saving everyone. He cursed under his breath.

“Whoa…!” Stacey said, seeing the ground cracking underneath them. “You’re catching all of this Chad?! This is amazing stuff! This is more than just a Blue Devil…” Her eyes narrowed upon seeing red and black energy twirling around. “This is…” Stacey said. “A Monster!”

“Yes….!” Chad said. He fell backward on his behind but still held the camera in a position to capture what’s going on. Just like the President of the RNN, he was rendered speechless that Vegetto can look and act such a manner. His cruelty ever present; his “kindness” null and void.

As Vegetto approached while induced with unfathomable rage, Spina remains firm on his position. In kind, the older Saiyan raised his left arm; the skin peeling away as strange energy gathered around it in silence. His dull eyes finally animated; for the first time since his supposed death, Spina is feeling the urge to battle without any inhibitions getting in the way.

No words needed. Unlike the conflict between Spina and Gogeta, bore out of miscommunication and misunderstanding; both men here laid out exactly what they meant. Just like Vegetto, Spina will not be moved from his decision. Just as Zenta said to Avalon; there was nothing that will deter the men any further.

For every step taken, Spina shattered the ground beneath him; his raised hand pointing at Vegetto. Only when Bernkastel appeared before him, did he stop walking. His eyes locked onto the Witch. Once again, the indifference in his eyes returned somewhat when she gave her retort to both men, mostly to Spina in particular.

She challenged his authority and ordered that the Breakers will not be split. And the posed him the question for him to answer: “Are you in? Or Are you out?” The same question Bernkastel asked back during the aftermath of Doctor Doom. Lips parted away and uttered out a sentence. To everyone, Spina never said anything. But to Bernkastel, these words reached her in a voice that not his own: “Are you once again trapping this man to be tied to you?”

As the voice left just as quickly as it came, Spina crouched down to her level. Using his right hand, he pulled the witch closer until their foreheads touched. As both their eyes stared one another; his eyes filled with hatred that was leaking out. The older Saiyan was poised a choice: reject Bernkastel and continued his with his decision. Or. See why Bernkastel is so persistent on staying together. To him, these bonds were nothing but hinderance that get in the way. Brachi’s callous actions during this mission was the last straw for him.

Lucifer enjoyed the events unfolding, while drinking hot tea and eating plain cookies. Relaxing on a chair that Lilith provided, the angel was a mere audience observing how things will go from there. For example, he applauded Avalon for actually taking the initiative, and criticized Vegetto to the point of striking him. However, a wave of disappointment came when Berserk and Zenta talked sense into him. Seeing that the Detectives and May will not interfere with the quarrel, Lucifer wonders if this will lead to another battle. This time, he will be able to witness it himself since he missed the Spina v Gogeta conflict.

What’s most surprising about this ordeal, the sudden emotional front that Bernkastel conveyed. Out of all the Breakers, the angel considered her to be the most apathetic. Being one of the few people that he has no information on, Lucifer studied the Witch with care, watching her every move to see what makes her tick. She isn’t a god, but out of all of them, she was the closest thing to a deity like figure. Yet, as deities are fueled by self-important and arrogance, Bernkastel displayed the opposite by appealing to both of them and call out their reasonings.

“Much has changed since Cuki left,” Lucifer chomped down on a cookie. “To see emotion, rejuvenate in an apathetic person at this rate.” He thought. “Another project I’ll observed more closely.” More importantly, as the others have missed, is the strange wording that Bernkastel said to Spina directly. It was a strange comment, and no doubt anyone without any foresight nor knowledge will either dismissed it or missed it because other things had their full attention. But not Lucifer; he will see too it what Bernkastel meant. His eyes shifted to Spina, seeing how the man will answer her. Briefly before Vegetto declared his intent, Lucifer raised his head up; there were two distinct bright lights hurling down from the sky.

After Vegetto declared his intent of wiping Bernkastel away, and Gogeta stepping in to defend her, Spina too, rose up. Whatever answer that Spina could’ve give her, no longer matter. Raising his head, his eyes animated with hatred, as a familiar distinctive presence spiraled around him, but this time, here was a slight change since the last time he had an outburst of power. Without any sign of mercy or hesitation, Spina opened his palm with the intent to destroy everything in front of him. 

Fine. Disappear, just like your wife.” Before the old Saiyan fired, the two spiraling lights crashed down in their vicinity behind Vegetto. Debris kicked up and clouds of smoke billowed around that blocked their line of sight.

A figure of a man appeared behind Vegetto and raised his arm in the air. Without hesitation, the man’s arm dropped down and slapped the back of the fusion’s head, forcing him to crash against the ground. With absolute ease, the dust clouds dispersed, revealing the identity of the man who arrived at the scene.

Due to the slap, it generated intense pressure around them; it led his tropical theme cape to flow along with the wind. He wore a Tropical Thunder Hawaiian button-up shirt that had a S symbol embedded on the back, pink shorts, swirly sunglasses that rested on the top of his head, and rainbow-colored crocs. Strangely, underneath his crocs, there was a ball that had a person inside of it; it seems that he was engaged in a battle, until he didn’t have many scratches on him.

Tilting his head, the man spoke with sternness in his voice towards Vegetto. “Whoa, whoa! Vegetto! What on earth are you doing, my man? This isn’t like you! We need to do another time-out?”

As the situation grew more dangerous, Zenta was prepared to defend Bernkastel and Gogeta at any given moment, yet the small conversation between Gogeta and Vegetto stirred his feelings slightly. The word monster seemed to have a slight effect on him.

The only monster I see, is you.

For a moment, he stood paralyzed, until Bernkastel was pushed to his direction. He slowly reached out towards her, but his arm was shaking. Gogeta's words echoed in his mind as he felt out of breath. All he could see was Bernkastel's energy being snuffed away, and that made him pull his arm away from Bernkastel.

No, no... I can't... stay... However, upon the new figure arriving, he gasped and quickly stepped forward to defend Avalon, Berserk, and Bernkastel from the mystery man.

"W-Wha?! Is that another Xy'pher?!" Avalon said, falling on his butt.

"No... that energy is familiar. Oh my, can it be?" Zenta smiled. "It has been a while, hasn't it?"

The barrier under the man's foot began to crack, but a sudden burst of energy came out of it, pushing him and the Breakers back. From the ground shot out a female wearing a black hoodie jacket and gray pants. Her hair was short and black. In the middle of her chest was a Xy'pher core but it was smaller than the ones the Breakers have come to know and it did not have a coin inside. She had scratches from the fight but it seemed that she was trying to escape rather than fight back.

"Stop! Cease! Desist!" The girl said, waving her arms frantically towards the man in the Hawaiian shirt. "Please! Someone stop this deranged man! The S-Man won't let up!"

The woman held out her hand towards her attacker and an invisible force flung him back, and it was apparent that she used psychic powers. The look on the girl's face was a mix of panic, or rather, what an emotionless person thought panic looked like. Eyes wide and never once looked away from her attacker.

"I-It's a Xy'pher..!" Avalon said, pointing at the mystery girl. "She's got a Xy'pher core! Watch out!"

"N-No! Please, listen!" The girl quickly shook her head and waved her hands before the Breakers to plead with them. "My name is Nia, I'm not your enemy! But please, stop this man, he won't listen!"

xy7i7JW.jpg

Vegetto stood tall in the evil energy that swirled around his body; his stern eyes matching Gogeta's in a near perfect reflection of their expressions. Yet at the proclamation, Vegetto's eyebrows only intensified in the stare. His expression contorted as if he were about to snap even more, yet the black energy retreated ever so slightly at the display. However, before the Potara fusion could respond, he crashed into the ground with a heavy thud at the surprise attack.

Cayde sat up slowly, rubbing the side of his mechanical head. His blue mechanical eyes turned up at the arrival of the all too familiar figure, rolling his eyes and throwing up his arms with a sigh of relief.

"Oh my god...took you long enough!"

The android brushed himself off, scooping up his hand cannon and tucking it into his holster steadily. Whatever danger that Cayde had felt throughout the exchange had passed in his mind; the arrival of the new figure completely wiping away his concern as he approached the team and eyed Superman specifically with a raised eyebrow.

"I told you leaving wasn't a good idea! Do you realize how hard it's been for little ole me to control him? This is the Metropolis Drafthouse all over again...only he hasn't intentionally killed anyone yet."

Vegetto's eyes went wide immediately, resting on one knee and staring up incredulously at the new arrival. The devilish and evil energy had completely vanished from the man's body; the shocked expression only deepening as Vegetto rose to his feet slowly.

"Clark? What are you doing here?"

Bernkastel would not budge from her spot as she held gazes with Spina until he 'spoke'; the sound of the unidentifiable voice caused her to look around as if she were mistakenly seeing things. Realizing nobody else held any significant reaction, her eyes narrowed suspiciously towards Spina as he approached her.

"Who..." was all she was able to utter from the shock. As their foreheads made contact, Bern forced herself to stare back into the man's eyes. In that moment the only thing of concern was who stood before her, remaining silent. Vegetto speaking up led to Spina withdrawing his stare, and the witch turned to face the fusion with a stony expression now that her attention was redirected. Seeing the flareup of black lightning around Vegetto, Bern clenched her fists at his words.

"As if I ever needed permission from a walking dead man," came her cold rebuttal, the purple hue of her eyes visibly darkening as he approached. Anticipating Vegetto would follow through in his thread, her demeanor seemed to be influenced by the miasma of hatred swirling in his energy output. Being in such close proximity unearthed a dormant spite she had rarely displayed in such a venomous manner. "That's right... it all began with your wish that I granted, remember?" Bernkastel reeled back her arm as she waited for the Potara fusion to try and strike her.

However, once Gogeta appeared between them, Bern flinched with surprise yet held her defensive stance until he used his arm to push her back towards the others. Looking up at him, her eyes widened while she listened to the exchange, glancing over at Bara when she spoke her piece. Both puzzled and mildly disturbed by the dark feelings that washed over her, Bernkastel put a hand to her feverish forehead as the color in her eyes gradually reverted. What... came over me? From the second he came close, it felt like a haze of...

Berserk tried to keep her best poker face through the exchange, though it was clear she felt intimidated by how oppressive the atmosphere became around them. Seeing the two streaks of light come down from the sky, she swung out her sword to help guard the small cluster of people against whatever might be coming for them.

Bern jumped from the impact and hugged onto Zenta's tail, startled from the impact that also struck Vegetto down to the floor with one open hand.

"Holy shit..." Berserk uttered in bewilderment at the two figures standing before them. She jabbed a finger towards the vacationing man. "That's the ugliest outfit I've ever seen in my life!"

"S-Man...?" Bern stared at Clark before she recognized him through the gaudy getup. "Oh, it's you! We've met before. I didn't think he was aquainted with Vegetto though..."

Like his babysitter? Berserk thought from the way Cayde spoke to Clark before switching gears to the mysterious girl he seemingly dragged along. She held her blade overhead while eyeing Nia with great suspicion when she declared she wasn't their enemy. "Oh really? What makes you think we should believe you?" she leaned over to speak to Avalon. "D'ya think she might be an Elite one like that Eleki dude?"

Bernkastel let go of Zenta and looked over towards Clark. "Mind telling us what's going on? How'd you encounter this one on the way here."

As everyone realized, the identity of the man that appeared before them was none other than Superman, or Clark as he preferred. When called out by Cayde, Clark nodded with a deep sigh. “You’re right, buddy. I thought Vegetto was progressing well the last time I visit.” He stared back at Vegetto; his eyes softened upon seeing that black energy retreated from his body completely. “I should’ve never left.”

Before Clark can go further details, Nia pushed him, and a few others, away with her psychic powers. Stacey, Chad, Sky and President Beard were flung back by several feet before coming to a complete stop. “Ouch…” Sky said, finally speaking out after being silent for this long. “I just want to go home, man.” He said, having enough drama for one day.

“No way! This is even better!” Stacey said. “Chad, did you get all that?” There was no answer to her response. “Chad?” She turned around, seeing her friend in complete distress. Her eyes trailed off and noticed that his camera had completely shattered when Superman and Nia arrived.

“It’s broken…!” Chad cried out. “We’re no longer live!”

“Huh!? What about the story!!” Stacey shouted.

As the reporters scrambled over in distraught of their situation, Lucifer looked on at the sudden appearance of another Xy’pher. “Seems we missed one. Did she not do the memo to clear away from the area? Or perhaps an enemy spy?” He thought as the table with his snacks flew away. “She has a core but lack a Vortex Coin. Curious…” The angel did remember Clark when he first appeared in the aftermath with Hart. He studied his attire and concluded where he hailed from. “Beach City is sure is a fascinating place.” When Nia pleaded for help, Lilith slithered next to the angel, ready to pound. “Now, now, Lilith. Before you devoured her, let’s see what will happen next.”

Detective Spawn relaxed when the battle was avoided. There was no chance, aside from a few others, that could’ve prevented an all-out battle between several members of the Breakers. The arrival of Superman, with Vegetto and Cayde reacted to him as if they were buddies put him at ease. He was most certainly surprised that some of the Breakers like Bernkastel, Zenta and Lucifer recognized him. But his worries still came forth when a Xy’pher appeared before them. “Shit, is this another attack?” He thought, attempting to raise his power to use the cloak, but it was beginning to fail since he was still recovering. “Bage and May, let’s take that one out—”

Before Spawn finished his sentence, Clark dashed forward and grabbed Nia form the back of her jacket’s collar. His speed was so incredible, that it looked as if he never left his spot. Holding her up in the air, Clark turned to the Breakers. “Sorry about that. This one here, is pretty feisty for a shrimp.”

Spina lowered his arm down, seeing that Clark had already apprehended the Xy’pher before he could do anything. Raising his eyebrow in confusion, the older Saiyan uttered. “Ultraman…? No, wait… You’re that guy we met a while back.”

Clark tightened his grip on Nia’s hands as a way to prevent her from using her psychic powers. “I was actually on my way here to visit someone, but before leaving Beach City, there was breaking news all over the screen monitors. I managed to saw all you guys doing your best to curb the invasion and saved as much people as you could.” He looked around briefly for someone before continuing. “Initially, I thought everything would be fine if you guys and Ultraman work together, but I didn’t see him. I got worried, so I left to see if he’s alright. Just before I left, I heard you guys arguing, and I saw that black energy swirling around Vegetto. That when I knew I had to get there right away before anything bad happens.”

Holding onto Nia, Clark turned to her. “On my way there, I saw this one snooping around on the ground. I saw her collecting coins and spoke in the language of those rock people. Xy’phers right? Looks like she was going to attack you guys when your guard is down, so I went and stopped her. She’s pretty tough despite her size; especially that barrier of her. But I couldn’t mess around anymore once I sensed Vegetto’s energy spiking up like crazy, so I had to kick her over here and prevent him from doing any more harm. Sorry for making a mess.”

He’d help Vegetto up from the ground. “I’m here because you got me worried, man. I know you can be better than this.” Clark said with firm in his voice, but not done in a way to condescending, but genuine concern.

Majin Bara blinked at seeing Superman and Nia appear, clearly surprised as she heard them talking.

"Well, this just keeps on getting better and better..." She commented, but remaining in place as she didn't make a move to attack the Xy'pher, not with Superman having a firm hold on her, instead, Bara crossed her arms as if intending to hear Superman and Nia out, evidently having something to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom