The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brachi nodded at that.

"That sounds like a plan to me," she said, "I can help with the energy signature by making mine drop to a point where it's almost non-existant, considering I have some cybernetics in me too, so that should give androids and advantage."

"We'll just have to be careful not to walk into an ambush which would potentially alert them to our presence." Jize added.

Bage's focus was taken away from his daunting task when Spawn rested a hand on his shoulder. His head turned up to his partner, his words of hope earning a small smile and a nod in agreement from the junior detective. He continued to dwell on the thoughts of Panich a bit longer, staring a the image of her evil grin one last time before closing the recording and letting any thoughts of worry drop away to help prepare with the others.

He turned to Cayde and May as Spawn called for the breakers. It seemed the plan was going to happen now. "What... This is a month too early."​

The detective watched as the Breakers all piled into the room at once, allowing detective Spawn to begin his explanation on the discussed plan from the past month. He remained silent through the speech, clasping his hands behind his back while listening. Bage stepped forward as his partner gave the focus to he and Cayde. The somber attitude he had before this moment had seemingly disappeared as the junior detective spoke up.​

"Like the Senior detective stated, please do not forget, this mission is of the utmost importance. Not just for your reputation, but for the fate of the Vortex as well. Stay focused. And no distractions. That being said the group will be splitting into two teams." Bage looked down at his notebook having flipped to a page with all the detailed information of the plan scribbled on it.​

"The Breakers that will be accompanying Spawn are: Spina, Bernkastel, Brachi, Vegetto, and Zenta. The rest of you will be coming with me. We will enter the city together and split up on the way to the RNN. My team will remain hidden at this point until Spawn releases everyone's energy to begin the plan to attract the Red King's army. When the plan commences, the expectation will be that the city's lockdown will be in full effect, hopefully giving us a clear battleground to fight the Xy'phers and avoid any civilian casualties."​

Bage then motioned to Cayde while still addressing the group for a brief transition. "We understand the layout will be completrly new to all of us, but Cayde has graciously made that easier with his generators."​

He smiled and nodded to Cayde, taking a step back to let him explain how the generators worked.

Upon completion of Bage's side of the briefing, Cayde grimaced a bit and stepped towards the main console. He scratched the back of his head through his hood, glancing around the room with a firm yet somewhat unfocused voice.

"Right, yeah...umm...ok listen up."

Cayde pressed a couple of keys and within an instant, a massive map of Reflection City popped up. The immense size of the city accentuated its vast differences to Metropolis; the current image of real time footage of civilians moving about their business on a seemingly normal day. Cayde gestured to the image, the unsure voice still strong in mechanical delivery.

"I still don't know much about this place, but this place is pretty big compared to Reality Metropolis. A lot of people, a lot of buildings to knock over...and last time you guys fought these things in the city, you got your asses kicked. I tried to come up with a plan, but the person we're after came back a little too early so I got nothing written up and-"

He shook his abruptly, straightening his posture.

"Doesn't matter, I'm getting side tracked. The point is, you guys are a bunch of dirty misfits, but you're all that's left so you'll have to do. When the fighting starts, you're gonna have to navigate these streets carefully and do your best not to knock down any buildings of sheltering civilians."

Cayde gestured to a couple of points on the map that seemed very forgettable; mid sections deeper in the city with only one noticeable quality as he pointed it out in his speech.

"So far, these two streets are pretty wide and that can be where we launch some big moves to wipe out a good portion of these things. I'm still looking into the security of the place: the detectives don't trust me with all the info. But it looks like the perimeter is heavily fortified, so if these things don't wipe out the front gates, we can look to retreating to the perimeter and get a little support from our friends in Reflection City's defense team to thin some of them out, maybe."

He lowered his arms down.

"Nothing like fighting alongside city security teams in a photo op to help better our image, amirite? Ahem, anyway, final point that I just came up with: I'm gonna be setting up somewhere in the city to utilize the generators in real time. Right now, they only cover the city for recordings so I'll have to connect into the main system deep in the city to see everything going on in the moment. So I'll be your eyes in the sky for this op: keep your comms on and I'll give you heads up on incoming Xy'pher activity."

Vegetto stood with his arms crossed, looking over the image of the big city in silence. Gogeta frowned, the lips forming as such from the mention of how the teams were broken up. However, his eyes lifted once Vegetto's firm dual voice rung out.

"Before we get started, I want to make sure we clear the air on something."

Gogeta blinked, watching on while Vegetto's firm narrowed glare slowly turned to meet Bernkastel's eyes head on, the flat and commanding dual voice ringing out once again.

"If we're going to be apart of the same team, then let's be clear: we will have to work together and rely on each other. I despise what you've done and the damage you've done to my city, but I'm willing to move past that to make sure this mission goes smoothly. I know very well you hate me, but you're going to have to step up and be better if this mission is going to succeed. No petty schemes for revenge or intentionally not helping teammates you're upset with."

His eyes lifted next to Spina, his narrowed eyes remaining solid.

"And you: curb your bloodthirst. This mission is about saving people and stopping a threat, not about getting a good fight. We don't need to deal with another Breaker wrecking an entire city because they're looking for one."

Gogeta instinctively tensed up, his furrowed brow showing his worry in the speech made by his counterpart. The words and request themselves not being unreasonable, but given the climate of their relationships, Gogeta prepared to stand through another verbal sparring match over the fact that Vegetto's attempt to command and talk down to both in his blunt words would naturally inspire ire.

“A sloppy presentation, but understandable. I suppose it makes sense that I’ll be part of the bait team since I did propose the suggestion.” Lucifer observed the replica of the city, impressed of the immaculate details it had. It seems that May and Cayde managed to pull something off, which again, added to his curiosity.

Spina listened thoroughly about the details of the upcoming mission in Reflection City. He had looked over at the projector that showcase the entire city, making it clear that it was quite bigger than Metropolis in terms of size and population density. He has no issues with splitting the teams once they reach the RNN headquarters nor using one team as bait to lure out the enemies. As long people are not in the way, Spina is excited by the mere thought of a battle. However, his eyes shifted when Vegetto wants to keep the record straight before the mission starts in regard to strain relationships. Spina eyes dulled at the criticisms thrown towards the group and himself specifically. Yet, he did not offer any rebuttal: he simply looked away uninterested in engaging the conversation. “Sounds fine.” The older Saiyan finally spoke with a grin on his face. His tone, once again, was off from his usual sounds of speech. It was darker, raspier, and more straight to the point. “I’m looking forward to this, haha.”

“Then, we should all be confident that you, too, practice what you are preaching, Mr. Hope of the Universe.” Lucifer smile, taking the opportunity to make a lighthearted joke at the expense of Vegetto’s stern command. “I look forward of seeing your amazing display and control to show the Breakers a thing or two.”

Avalon stared at the images of Reflection City in awe, the technology captivating him. He listened intently to Spawn, Cayde, and Bage when they made their statements, making mental notes of the important things they said. However, when Vegetto mentioned Spina's bloodlust, he instantly felt a chill rush up his spine. Shaking his head free of the events from earlier, he seemed genuinely excited heading to a new city.

"Alright, as long as we just behave ourselves, we shouldn't be in that big of trouble, right?" He then frowned. "Well... that's really hard for this group. Bah, we'll be fine."

Zenta, in the meanwhile, listened carefully to every word and statement by the three speakers, particularly Cayde as he described the map. Without saying anything, he nodded to show that he understood what they were saying. Since he was unable to see the map, he was already at a disadvantage, but he trusted the cooperation of the Breakers.

"I agree with Vegetto. Let's not put our emotions above this mission, regardless of our indifference, without pointing fingers. Remember that your reputation is on the line, along with those associated with you." His ears lowered slightly. "Please... think about your actions and their consequences."

"Agreed," Brachi said as she too stared at the images of Reflection City, "we don't need any more troubles on our plates as it is; the citizens must understand that we are NOT their enemies."

Majin Bara nodded at this.

"How soon can we proceed?" She then asked.

May thinks "As long these people don't misfire to much they shooed be fine." May might been able to keep up with the breakers wend training with them but she knows that restraint is an odd concept to them. May interjected professional tone "wend the fighting dos start we should have the breakers consternate on places were the most power and/or the most of these Xy'phers are. I trust the defense forces should be able to evacuate and/or deal with the small fray."

May says professionally  "I trust that all us can be called adults." May says keeping the same tone "You shooed see two red spots these are were you all will be heading." Two orbs hands maps to bout Spawn and Bage and says "wend it goes down these maps shooed tell you were to go."

Bernkastel crossed her arms and glared up at Vegetto, silently beginning to fume at the delivery of his request. Being in the presence of the others who are probably looking at her expectantly, Bern chewed at the inner part of her lip as if to restrain herself from biting back verbally. Letting out a scoff, she tilted her head away to break the hold of his gaze.

"Obviously... just don't give me a reason to and I won't. Simple." She was relieved that at least Zenta would be accompanying her group. Something to buffer Vegetto's abrasive personality... and Spina's abnormal behavior.

"Blowing buildings to smash the Xy'phers up is off the table... well there goes that idea for last-second tricks," Berserk shook her head. "Okay, so we just stay lowkey til Bait Time, don't blow up any buildings, and no touchy the civilians. I think I got it... that's a tall order since I uh... work messy."

"Indeed rather inconvenient, but perhaps it'll help curb any wasteful energy consumption until we come across an Elite." Bern didn't comment on the continuous lack of detail on this so-called informant Spawn refers to, knowing he probably wouldn't give her an answer anyway. "What will we do if Detective Goku appears? We've never seen him fight at all, and if he is a Xypher..."

As Bernkastel restrained her attempt to verbally fight back, Vegetto's smirk only grew larger and larger at the sight of her conceding. His chest and shoulders rose up and down slightly in a silent chuckle to himself; the amusement and joy her behavior brought to him clear as day in his smug expression. His eyes never once left Bernkastel, and after Lucifer's jest that normally would've turned the tables on Vegetto at his own game, the Potara fusion merely scoffed with an amused and smug smirk while he lifted his chin a bit. His arms were still crossed over his chest, his dual voice ringing out with an amused tone.

"Oh absolutely. I'd be happy to show the witch how to be better, anytime."

Gogeta kept his frown, his eyes narrowing a bit at Vegetto while his counterpart stood smug in his practically meaningless and petty victory over Bernkastel. His eyes only lifted at the mention of Detective Goku's potential state as a Xy'pher, blinking at bit. Vegetto's smirk vanished at the prospect; his serious expression returning as the briefing and discussion continued.

Cayde cleared his throat, gesturing to the map.

"Well...that's probably a good point, especially since you guys mentioned that you also had another one turned into a Xy'pher. I'm not sure how much this RNN is going to know about the situation...but we should maybe let them know that this Red King might have two Detectives under his control as part of the warning."

He glanced towards Spawn and Bage.

"I know we're all concerned about the Breakers' image, but we might wanna make sure yours doesn't get dragged through the mud too if they get some images of Goku or Broly ravaging the city."

“So long we are at the same page, then there’s nothing more to discuss. You have your tasks, let’s try not to fuck up.” Detective Spawn paused for a second when Bernkastel ask their next course of action should Detective Goku appeared. “Should he become a Xy’pher… we will treat him just like every other enemy. Hold nothing back against him. We’ll handle the fallout from there.” There was no hesitation from his part. If Goku had become an asset to the Red King and his growing empire, then he needs to be dealt with. Personal feelings cannot stand in the way, or the mission will risk becoming a failure.

Detective Spawn raised his arms as both of his hands glow green with black specks circling around. Instantly, it shot forward and spread across all the Breakers. If they were to sense each other energy signature, it would simply point to Spawn in his “human” form. “I’ve masked all your energy signatures with my own, so Xy’phers won’t be able to detect you. The city already knows about this form, so we should be fine upon entering. As I said, I can’t keep this up forever, and please don’t spike your energy once we get there.” Spawn eyed on Bernkastel, Vegetto, Brachi and Spina specifically upon saying that. “With that said, to answer your question Brachi…” Spawn turned around and raise his arm up in the air. He slashed down, opening a small portal that leads to just couple feet away from the actual entrance of Reflection City. “The mission starts now. Cayde and May, we’ll be counting on you to ensure everything looks good.” Spawn nodded to May’s explanation about two red spots on the map. “My informant says she’s currently at a café. Let’s us do the talking upon entering and we’re going straight there.” The detective jumped through the portal after he finished.

“Here we go…” Spina narrowed his eyes and jumped through the portal after him.

“I do hope so! It’ll be bad if it turns out to be a wash.” Lucifer made a sad expression. “Give me a good show.” Lucifer was about to pat Vegetto on the back but stop when his hand were mere inches away. “Oh oops, don’t want to do that. Your hard muscles might’ve given me a bruise, and everyone will drop dead…” He chuckled. “I’ll try to stay [out] of your way, hahaha.” The angel, as Lilith wrapped himself around his arm, walked through the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom