The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rouge City

Lucifer let out a light chuckle at the thought of Whis distancing himself from Vegetto and Gogeta, allowing them to choose their actions. Yet, based upon what he personally observed, their will is still chained down from his perspective. The angel eyed at Zenta before returning to Whis, the former answering the question regarding a death among the Breakers. “Yes. By technical standards, no one has turned into a Vortex Coin.” The angel adjusted his tie and went straight to the matter. “Why?”

Hyperbolic Vortex Chamber

“I won’t kill opponents that can give me stimulation.” Spina paused once Berserk passed out. “Only those that lack the will to provide a battle and put their life in the line.” He turned to Gogeta, locking eyes with him briefly after making such statement. He turned to Bernkastel with his sinister smirk. “I’ll look forward to our battle in the future too.”

Rogue City Command Center

“Yeah, I don’t have it on me since everything was in the Detective Agency. And that was destroyed by those damn rocks.” Detective Spawn said, seeing May handed Cayde a map of Reflection City. Reflection City, as Spawn said, was significantly different compared to Metropolis, including the defense mechanism that detected one’s energy for safety measures. But of course, he was assured that May won’t give out information out to a stranger. This is just a temporary team-up for a common cause and give cities a heads up regarding the Xy’phers attack. “Alright, how fast do you think you can place these generators in the city, May?”

Rogue City Command Center

Cayde whistled to himself, taking the map from May and looking it over.

"Well I'll be damned too! This makes everything much easier."

He glanced over the map, his eyes only narrowing slightly in studying the image. Cayde cleared his throat despite being an android and having no need for such an action, turning his eyes back up to May.

"That's fine for now. It'd help if I knew what kind of defenses the city had so I can pair something up with it if needed, but let's just hope whatever they have there will be enough to contain those freaks."

Cayde gripped onto his utility belt, gesturing towards the map and pointing around the image. He formed a circle around the center of the city with the five positions he pointed out.

"So we'll need to set up about fifteen of these things around here...here...here...here...and there. The rest of them can be spread out in lines through-"

He traced upwards, each of the five points in the circle in a straight line towards the edge of the city on the map. His direction made the image look almost like a spider web in design.

"-here. That setup should keep us in the loop about what's happening towards the edge of the city, but enough coverage in the center so we don't lose any insight on home base."

Hyperbolic Vortex Chamber

Vegetto slowly lifted his eyes off Avalon, turning his head towards Brachi and giving her a curt nod.

"That's the premise. Instead of relying on your brain and nervous system, you rely on the natural energy that flows through everything to give you the information you need. With it, you can avoid any danger and be prepared for anything in combat."

Gogeta glanced away from the group shortly after the explanation, remaining silent in immediately reply. His eyes turned over to the four standing a bit across the way, just in earshot of hearing Spina's comments. The fusion locked eyes with Spina for the split second, a frown forming slowly. The taunt on a direct level meant nothing to the fusion; Gogeta proudly believed in himself and at the very least, considered himself a deadly warrior that fought to the bitter end as Spina implied. However, the jest worked on an emotional level against the fusion in that Gogeta felt a small boiling sensation rising within. The sight of Bernkastel and Spina facing off in battle did slightly work to unnerve him, and while he never questioned his own self of worth as a true Saiyan warrior in the face of Spina's criticism, he did feel the paing of jealousy mount within his body at the prospect of a worthy rivalry between the two over himself.

His eyes narrowed slightly, and suddenly walked forward with his hands balling into fists. The frustration mounting built only at a subconscious level; Gogeta did not realize his actions and rode the emotional turmoil up until he approached Bernkastel from behind. His eyes softened slightly; an awkward sense of belonging filling his head once he realized where he stood in having approached Avalon, Spina and Bernkastel without the knowledge behind what drove him to move up there in the first place. Gogeta paused for a moment, taking a bit to finally collect himself before letting out a small cough behind the witch.

"Hey...umm...Burn, I-"

"Gogeta!"

Gogeta froze, blinking in confusion as Vegetto's stern dual voice pierced through the air to interupt whatever thought Gogeta was about to speak.

"Get over here now. This lesson isn't done!"

Gogeta frowned immediately, the command clearly an attempt by Vegetto to keep him separated from Bernkastel. The fusion glanced back down to Bernkastel in a brief melancholy expression, but looked away once he began to turn on his heel. However, his gaze landed back on Spina, and in that brief moment of sight, the subconscious drive for combat and strength once again flaired in his mind. He paused mid turn, his eyes narrowing into a fierce and stern glare on the older Saiyan for a few seconds before Vegetto's loud and stern dual voice rung out again.

"I said now!"

Gogeta grunted and at the final command, he turned on his heel to begrudgingly walk back over to Vegetto and Brachi for the continuation of the training.

Rogue City

Whis kept his flat stare, glancing between Lucifer and Zenta for a moment. He sighed lightly, glancing back towards the tower above with a small frown.

"Hmm, I see. How strange; I could've sworn I felt a familiar energy being snuffed out."

He turned his eyes back down to the pair, keeping a flat voice.

"I apologize for the cryptic words, gentlemen, but while it's more unfortunate about the Red King's growing threat...I believe there is a greater force at play. I originally left your company to not only explore this wonderful new reality we find ourselves in...but perhaps, to find answers and ways to restore what we lost all those years ago to Doom."

Whis broke out into a small smile.

"This place is quite beautiful, I must say: there is vast phenomena here that I've dreamed for my old home...and there are forces of this place far beyond anything we could've imagined. I believe I was close to finding an answer for our lost comrades...but then...I sensed something rather ominous."

His smile diminished slightly.

"When the Breakers defeated Hart in that dreadful valley, there was a fleeting presence I felt. I'm not sure what it was or where it came from...but it had a peculiar sense about it that resonated with power that was similar to what I had been researching. Only instead of a pressure about it that could create and bring life...I felt an old familiarity to it: destruction. Chaos...if I have to be certain."

Whis turned his gaze back up to the tower.

"I had lost the trail for a long time until recently...where I felt it again. I don't feel anything now...and as well, I sense it elsewhere towards a few other providences that line our great world. However, if anyone would have insight, perhaps it would be you two. I could not help but listen in on your conversation, and now that I see you two are fairing well, I decided to request your help."

He stifled a small chuckle, his eyes turning onto Lucifer.

"After all, I should be thanking you for the fine example your protégée has set for me. I never realized how much my care and hold upon my students had weakened them...and if they are to break free of what still limits their growth, they must find their own way. Without me: the problem that held them back for so long."

"So in that sense," Brachi said after Vegetto has commanded Gogeta to come back to attend the lesson, "the body has to adapt itself to whatever friction flows through the air... feel the changes by itself and respond accordingly... it feels almost like becoming a spider, able to detect movements from the vibrations it feels from the hair on its body... its legs... which by itself gives the spider the information it needs in regards to its surroundings... yet it goes far beyond that..."

Jize happened to overhear the conversation between Brachi and Vegetto at that, ignoring the interruption made towards Gogeta.

"It appears Brachi's beginning to understand it... one has to shut off the basic information based on sight and hearing, and instead concentrate on the energy around and within, letting the body do its work without the brain telling it to do... there would be no need for any thought process, as that only would consume time... precious time that could be the difference between life or death..." She muttered.

May says professionally "I trust that the detectives should be able to get a cop to help protect them and I can get some stander orbs to stay with them as well. But back to your earlier question if set up is only placing I say the transit will be it." May looks at were Cayde has marked and says professionally "I say a minim of 3 hours if its is only set."

May asks in a professional tone "Is it only as simple as placing and leaving or will you need time to set them up?" May asked only because she would rather not have any thing come up. 

May asks "How are we going to deal with our best weapons wend in the Refection? Thanks to RNN and some there actions it may be hard to convince them to let them in."

"A stimulating fight? Is that what you want?" Bernkastel glanced down at Berserk and tilted her head. Despite the intensity of the battle, and how sure the Witch was that Berserk would lose her life, the girl herself still said it was fun. For a fleeting moment, intrigue flickered in her eyes as she met Spina's. Silently studying his gaze as if that alone would let her read his thoughts; perhaps she did worry too much and underestimated Berserk's nature. For a moment she doubted whether she was justified in stopping the fight, since it didn't seem to visibly alarm anyone else other than Avalon. Lilith was a snake so she couldn't tell with her.

"... I see. Then forgive my intrusion; it's becoming a habit." Bern looked at the hand she used to hold the scythe, curling and uncurling her fingers. The tingling sensation she felt in her nerves the moment she intervened didn't resurface. "Games I might lose piss me off... but if it's too one-sided, it's boring. I can understand you that much."

A polite smile formed on her features. "So when 'that time' comes, we'll make sure it's fun. Until then let's not stray too far from our current objective." Her neutral expression returned upon sensing Gogeta standing behind her. Bern glanced up at him over her shoulder, waiting expectantly for what he was going to say with curious eyes. When Vegetto cut in however, she stared coldly at the Potara fusion. Bern turned her head forward again, finally breaking her silence with a stiff-sounding tone.

"Don't keep them waiting." she said before Gogeta began walking off. Glancing off toward Bara and Jize, she nodded towards Avalon and Berserk on the ground. "Let's get them into the hut to rest instead of letting them sleep on the dirt," she said as she gently picked up Lilith and headed for the small building in question. It was also an excuse for herself to be away from Vegetto since he was still a sore subject.

Rouge City

Upon Whis proclaiming that he felt an ominous feeling, Lucifer raised his eyebrows out of curiosity. At first, upon mentioning that he felt an odd sense of familiarity regarding destruction, the angel merely assumed that he was referring to both Vegetto and Gogeta. Yet he knew that was not the case upon the way Whis spoke of the matter; Vegetto and Gogeta, especially from what he observed are nowhere near the caliber of bringing out that particular feeling. “You should offer your gratitude to Naoki, rather than me. He is deserving of all credit to be the pinnacle example of being truly willing.”

“I am more inclined of seeing the end of the Red King, and I wish to see the Breakers removing the shackles with my own eyes. Unfortunately, I cannot afford my services at this moment or at any point.” Lucifer smile as his eyes soften. “Perhaps whatever feeling you had will spark once again in the future; hopefully, you’ll be wise to make haste towards the destination.” The angel started to walk away from the both of them, seeing that he already gave his answer to Whis and leaving Zenta to decide if he wants to help or not. “Well, this was the nice walk. It’s a pleasure, Zenta, and you too…. Whis.” Lucifer’s signature smile returned. “Let’s hope that presence returns if someone experience a strange death. I’ll see to it personally of understanding that mysterious presence.”

"I see, what an odd presence to sense. Alas, I am not aware or familiar with the sensation you feel, but I am more than happy to help a friend of mine," Zenta offered Whis a smile, allowing Lucifer to walk away. He, too, was done talking to the fallen Angel and bowed his head upon his departure. "While I may not know exactly what you seek, I will be sure you let you know of every little oddity I may come across whenever our paths cross again. The Breakers are magnets for trouble, after all..." He let out a long sigh, but followed it up with a chuckle. "And do not be so hard on yourself Whis, every student has to leave and make their own path. Speaking of students... Pardon me, Whis, if I may ask you for a small favor of my own..."

There was a small pause from the beast. His voice lowered slightly. It was odd to see him so concerned when he normally is very neutral about everything. He never reacted this way towards the others (or himself), only Cuki.

"If you ever happen to see Cuki..." He lowered his ears slightly, not wanting to finish his sentence. He knew Whis would understand what he meant simply by the concern in his voice. "...Please hold on to her for me."

Rogue City

Whis bowed slightly as Lucifer turned to leave.

"I hope one day, I will have the chance. A pleasure as well."

The tall angel soon straightened himself out, his eyes turning to Zenta's visor. He stood still, his serious expression remaining on his face for a moment at the beast's request. Whis finally sighed in response, his posture unchanged while he clutched onto his staff.

"If I happen to see her...I will think about it. I believe our example has stifled her growth for far too long...and like the fusions...she was blinded by what she wanted the Breakers to be."

Whis formed a small frown.

"I know you care deeply for her, but I have already failed to teach two students to see others' perspectives. I do not wish to be the cause for a third."

He turned slowly on his heel, offering another warm smile after he finished his original thought.

"However, I will do my best to keep her safe. If I can find her."

Without another word, Whis suddenly dematerialized upwards into a brilliant cascading spectacle of light; particles of glowing energy spiralling altogether into the air and disappearing rapidly into the sky of Rogue City.

Zenta bowed his head to Whis and stayed bowed until the Angel finally left. Even though Whis agreed to try his best, the beast's frown only deepened. He straightened himself out, realizing he now stood alone in the middle of Rouge city. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he turned on his heel towards the direction of the Breakers.

Perhaps I should have said what I really meant... Zenta paused before looking up at the sky. Do not turn into a coin, Cuki... You are the only one... I have left. 

In an instant, the beast vanished from sight, leaving behind a tiny dust cloud from where he once stood.

One Month Later...
As the month rolled by, news about the Xy'phers was nothing new. During that month, Avalon dedicated his time to studying his scroll and practicing a few techniques that he was able to read within the scroll. The more he studied it, the more the scroll would unveil its mysteries. He learned to summon more objects and manipulate water more effectively. His summonings were bigger and fiercer, but he still continued to practice the various techniques he was exposed to. Often times, he would do a few nights without sleep. He grew more and more sneaky and his skills as a ninja increased significantly. He practiced his aim with weapons and even trained along with Zenta whenever he wasn't meditating. After Berserk's fight with Spina, he was completely inspired to get stronger and began to train in physical activities, something he was not very good (or fond) with. Whenever he was questioned about the incident involving him helping Berserk during the fight, he could never recall any of it. The new horn, longer hair, and odd marking was also news to him when he finally discovered it.

Zenta, on the other hand, kept to himself and his completely empty room. He always sat in the middle, facing the window and meditating to easy his mind. Whenever he was not in his room, he would usually be outside, carefully channeling his energy to highly concentrated levels and using it in a variety of ways. These were the moments in which he did not want to be bothered. At night, he would always roam the city for his nightly walks. If he was not walking, then he was on the top of the tallest building, staring up at where he assumed the Vortex Moon to be, where he remained motionless almost the entire night. He mostly kept to himself and only spoke when spoken to. He was grateful for this month, all the stress he had on his shoulders involving Cuki, Spina, and the Breakers as a whole, seem to lift. 

When morning finally arose, the Breakers were not bothered by the screaming crows of Metropolis or the trigger-happy Cayde; instead, they would be woken up by a loud shriek of joy. It sounded like a familiar female voice, but it screamed gibberish that no one early morning would understand. The voice ran up and down the hall in which the Breakers were located in.

"I did it! I finally did it! I actually did it!" Upon listening to the voice closer, it was identical to that of Berserk's voice! There was a slight pause before the voice quickly shifted into Lucifer. "Alright! Yeah!" Followed by another pause that matched Bernkastel's voice. "Wahooo!!"

By the edge of the hall stood a carbon copy of Bernkastel. Every detail of her entire body was entirely identical to the real witch, so much so that even the most skilled eye could not distinguish the two apart. Everything was exactly the same, their clothes, hair, speech, even movements. Suddenly, there was a poof of smoke and the clone instantly changed to that of Berserk, and just like Bernkastel, the clone was virtually impossibly to tell apart from the actual Powerpunk. The clone took a deep breath and yelled down the hall in Berserk's voice.

"Wake up losers! Rise and shine, lamewads!"

A month had passed since Detective Spawn ordered the Breakers to remain in this city until his informant, a journalist that works for the Reality News Network, alerted him of her arrival. This was an opportunity for the Breakers to rest, train, etc., whatever that suits them for what is essential an “break” period. Although, emotions still remain high due to several factors: the friction between Vegetto and the others still remain due to their initial meeting. The issue with Spina’s apparent behaviors is still unknown and a mystery. And finally, a whole month gives the Red King an opportunity to supply his army that was lost during the invasion of Reality Metropolis. Of course, the issue with the missing Breakers was still there; Cuki being one of the captured Breakers, while the second person is still relatively unknown.

Regardless, several Breakers have different ways of passing the time as they prepared for their mission In Reflection City. In summary, Reflection City is a place that has an advanced defense system that allows them to detect life signatures. This allows them to automatically scan threats that are not residents of the city, allowing the Task Force to be deployed to handle the threat efficiently. Because of that, the Breakers cannot enter the city without having the entire city on lockdown and warn the RNN of the potential threat that Xy’phers might be targeting their city or elsewhere. With Cayde and May working together to place generators throughout the city, they can watch afar to see any amoralities while the Breakers entered the city to find the informant and head up to the headquarters, while baiting the Xy’phers to attack.

Several characters have significantly undergone a change for the better or for the worse. Spina in particular represent the most radical change both mentally, if it was not his true personality, and physically. Ever since his apparent revival, Spina had expressed a continuous presence of murderous intent and malicious aura. Although he was still “leader” of the group, he was aloof and lack any significant interest in the duties, despite offering to take the role and seeking battles, not for death, but rather for pure enjoyment. Ever since his bout with Berserk, Spina left the chamber and found a room within the tower. Isolating himself away the others for the entire month, there were sounds of blows inflicted inside the room.

Lucifer’s routine was relatively normal. Although he has no need for sleep, the angel would arise from his empty room for morning walks and discussed with Lilith with her findings, who recovered from her incident with Avalon during Berserk v Spina spar. He himself would never step foot into the chamber; whatever methods that the Breakers are doing among themselves, the angel would not get involved, although Lilith would, from time to time, sneak into people’s rooms, areas, including bathrooms, etc., and simply watch very intensely.

Morning

Detective Spawn was looking through the files he obtained from Bage of his findings. He wanted to examine the “Xy’phers” and the Red King as much he could. He mentioned that his powers were unstable due to the incident with Roya, but after the month, he was able to fully recover, but still maintaining his “human form” to avoid any sort of detection from the Xy’phers or anyone else. His phone let out a text sound, causing the man to narrow his eyes as he reached for it. Smirking, it was the informant that texted him, finally arriving at Reflection City. Before he could alert the others in the room, Spawn got distracted by someone shouting down the hall. “The hell is going on out there?”

Lucifer came out of his room to see what was happening in the hallways. “Oh? Did something happen that warrant such a reaction?”  He heard several voices, including himself, that shouted something extremely loud. Although, for Berserk, at least from his perspective, it made sense for her to naturally be loud. “I feel like my ears are deceiving me.” The angel smile as he pressed his hand on his chin.

Lilith exited the room as she slithered through the hallways to find the source of this voice. She was confused that she was able to hear Lucifer’s voice in such tone; an uncharacteristically feature that Lucifer would do. Aside from the time where Spina died, and Lucifer burst out laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom