The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brachi nodded at this, before she closed her eyes to do as instructed, remaining silent as she went to focus on the fight between Spina and Berserk, trying to figure out what keeps them going, what fuels them and their transformations... as if she felt she had to reach to beyond what she would normally comprehend, practically shutting herself off from everything else for now in order to concentrate on this delicate task.

"It is apparent that Spina is not himself, clearly his resurrection must have had a different side effect on him." Jize said as she observed it.

"It feels different than normal..." Bara said, being serious for once while turning to Bernkastel, "Perhaps there is some corruption taking effect. Do you think that there is magic behind it, Bernie?"

May says still in her profession tone "I do have my orbs they should help us scout and possible keep track of this army." May thinks "Orbs are good scouts and they should be able to show things in real time." 

May asks "Do you have a way to communicate in real time with each other? It dos seem that we may need to divide our forces."

As Bage looked up at the image Cayde had froze to examine the woman in question, his eyes widened in disbelief. Any conversation that was being had was muted by this sudden trance the detective was under. His face grew warm as he stared at the frozen smirk on the female Saiyan's face. She was just like he remembered, but different. She had brilliant red fur covering most of her body. Did she get a new transformation? Then the images turned to videos, and she was alive. Bage smiled watching her rush into battles, wandering about the city with the Breakers. With the fluttery feeling came a slight stinging reminder of his dream. He was so happy to see her doing well, and to think the team of Breakers knew about her all this time... But he didn't really make an effort to ask either. Then his thought was snatched away as Cayde changed the image to Whis.

"Cayde! Go back! He turned quickly to the android, completely ignoring his explanation as he moved over to the panel and casually shoving him away. He looked at the key controls in a panicked confusion on how to go back to the recording with the fight between Gogeta and Panich. He didn't want to risk losing the footage by hitting any random buttons so he turned back to Cayde looking distressed but also excited and happy. "Ah how do you rewind on this thing! That was Panich!"

Berserk recoiled from the sudden headbutting, groaning in pain as she tried to shake it off. "Hey! I wasn't ready--" she was cut off from speaking further, being bombarded next by Spina's relentless pursuit. She grit her teeth as she stumbled and fell on her bottom, eyes wide in shock. "What the FUCK?! What the hell's going on?!" Berserk exclaimed, mystified by the new arm that had just sprouted while the other lay on the ground. Spina wasn't allowing her to have any time to think, much less feel concerned about the ominous shift in their surroundings and the odd figure the others saw.

Following Spina's movement with his laughter ringing around her, she felt her face grow hot with vexation on her features. "You shitty old fart! Are you copying me?!" Swinging around to meet Spina's attack, Berserk used both hands to steady the blade upright as it met with his blade between the toothed edges; the blade burned against her hands but she didn't care so long as it kept her neck safe. The collision caused a huge crater dented where she stood, a heatwave radiating out from their weapons. Seeing the blade up close, the laughter grated on her as she became even more enraged with him. She let out a shrill growl. "I've had enough of you making fun of me! Grown-ups like you really get on my nerves...!"

Berserk's frame glowed red until sparks accumulated like her sword, her red hair looking even wilder. The bow on her head also began to move, electrified ribbons lashing out from the back and wrapping around Spina's arms. "Maybe this'll shut you up! Atomic Piledriver!" Moving her upper half backwards, the ribbons lifted Spina into the air before she threw her head down. Several times in quick succession, Berserk slammed Spina head-first into the floor until she was surrounded by small craters. Placing the handle of her blade into her mouth, she withdrew the ribbons in time to blast plasma beams from her palms squarely into Spina's chest to blow him back.

Bernkastel's wide-eyed stare broke its concentration as she faced Bara and Avalon's questioning. She wasn't one to be easily frightened, but the sight of the figure was incredibly unnerving, for she had no idea what the nature of such a thing even was.

"I... I don't know what it is. I can't say for sure if it's something magic can even achieve." She wasn't still sure what took over Gogeta. Even in that state, it wasn't anywhere close to palpable bloodthirst. "I just know that this isn't like Spina at all, Jize's correct. He's never been one to fight with such reckless abandon... never gone this far over a simple match. Could this be what Lucifer was talking about?"

With the question of whether to take action or not, Gogeta's quiet warning for Bernkastel not to fight Spina was at the front of her thoughts. Did he know this sort of thing would happen? Just what went on in that fight? The situation was indeed becoming dangerous but Berserk seemed to be keeping up without breaking a sweat. Bern wasn't sure what to do; much less if Zenta wasn't there to tell her what the figure was.

Her gaze slid over toward Vegetto and the others. It seemed like he was actively observing the situation but choosing not to step in. Turning back to the others, she lowered her voice. "For now, let's stay back. I can't assure anybody will be safe if we try to break it up now; I cannot predict anything Spina is doing at all. Berserk seems like she's taking it as a challenge and upping the ante," Bern said. "Instead, let's keep watch for that figure we saw earlier. If it appears again, we step in and knock him out ourselves. Seems to me like it's a warning."

Rouge City

“Why, I never want to pry into your affairs. Whatever secrets you may hold, do your best to keep it hidden.” Lucifer turned to face Zenta, still maintaining his devilish smile. “I hold no ill intentions about you nor interest about your past. To put it bluntly, you can be anything and I will not hold it against you.”

Lucifer’s eyes squinted, walking towards the beast until there was no longer a gap between them. “Except.” The angel had observed Zenta’s movement throughout this entire conversation; his body language, the way he spoke and wording he chose when answering his questions. “Being a liar. I cannot stand those who deceive not just the others, but themselves for atonement, whatever that may be.” His smile shifted to a full-on grin, bearing his perfectly aligned teeth. “If something were to fall on my lap regarding you, and I caught wind of a lie, I won’t hesitate to bring into fruitions since honestly is best policy, so do your best on keeping in on a lid, Zenta.”

Stepping away from Zenta, Lucifer seems satisfied with the conversation. “As I said, I do not control the actions of Naoki. While I do detest deities and think their existence is detrimental to evolution, considering the state of your student as a peer example of such, Naoki may express differently on how he goes about it. Assuming if he’s alive, of course.” He adjusts his tie. “Well, this was a good walk. Next time don’t lurk in the shadows if you want to just chat.” Lucifer smiles. “I won’t bite.”

Rogue City Command Center

Detective Spawn crossed his arms. “I don’t think it’s a good idea to send your orbs to the enemy, May, since they might sniff you out and track you down. But if you can use them to sneak into Reflection City, then you can help out Cayde with setting this ordeal up. Can these orbs carry these generators to whatever location of your choosing?”

“Whis? Detective Goku briefly told me about him,” Detective Spawn said. “Does the Red King even know about him?” However, his thoughts regarding the second Breakers were interrupted when Bage hastily tried to go back to the previous images. “Bage? The hell is wrong with you. What the hell is a Panich?”

Hyperbolic Vortex Chamber

Spina ripped across the ground after Berserk blasted him, until he managed to place both arms against the surface to slow himself down. Putting enough strength, he pushed his head out of the ground and landed on his face, presenting the sheer damage that Berserk left on him.

The right side of his head was ripped off; the smoke searing off from it with his tongue hanging off the edges due to Berserk repeatedly bashing his head against the pavement. There was a hole on chest as bits of flesh was falling out due to the severity of Berserk’s attack.

Yet, Spina continue on. The blade disappearing, the Saiyan clenched his hands, pulse of energy formed at the center of his mouth. As soon it was formed, it began firing at random direction with little regard of where it would land, or so it would seem, causing to create large scale destruction. The remaining orbs in the sky started fire rapidly energy balls indiscriminately. The wound on his chest started to regenerate until the hole was no longer present. The right head of his head would do the same: it forms the missing half of the skull, then the flesh, including his eyes that left a glittering red glow. Although it was still not still finish regenerating, the Saiyan held a sinister grin before opening his mouth, letting out stream.

“Flowing Strike – Hydro Brutal Cannon!” A rush of wind generated Spina around and spread outward across the chamber. It causes Lilith to be flung back and landed on Avalon’s face.

Spina fired a powerful liquefied energy cannon that hurled towards the ground Berserk stood on to force her into the air. Letting out a gurgled laughter, Spina tensed his body before leaping upward to attack Berserk. “Rising Strike – Energized Fist, Haha!” Coating his right arm with energy, the old Saiyan struck her abdomen, then immediately unleashing attacks. One blow after another left a powerful impact that generated powerful shockwaves, Spina zeroing in on her to prevent her from leaving and force her to exchange blows herself is she wants to escape.

"A liar? My, that is a bold claim." Zenta chuckled, unfazed by Lucifer's words or by how close he got to him. The beast, in turn, got closer to Lucifer as well. To an outsider, it appeared as both were sizing each other up and was an intimidating sight to behold, even if they were just talking. "Well, whatever your reasoning is, I respect it either way. I will make sure nothing interesting falls on your lap, let alone leave your mouth. So rest assured that my history will be very well hidden from you, little Lucifer." Zenta chuckled as he took a step back from the angel and listened to him talk about Demi-Fiend.

"I see, let us hope Naoki does not hold grudges," Zenta fluffed the tuffs of fur on his chest before looking up at the sky. He thought about Cuki and her well-being. If what Cuki and Lucifer told him about Demi-Fiend was correct, then his student would not stand a chance against Lucifer's star pupil. I worry about you, Cuki...

"Well then, I am glad we had this talk, Lucifer. It was rather refreshing from all the yelling and miscommunication between the Breakers. Honestly, I was getting a headache..." Zenta laughed innocently. "And yes, I agree, this was a nice walk. An old fox such as I could use more of these." He then turned to Lucifer. "I will heed your advice and approach you more openly, you have proven to me that you will not engage in combat, at least without cause, ohoho~! We should return, I am sensing something... peculiar. It might spark your curiosity."

"Holy crap..! Berserk blasted Boss's entire face off..!" Avalon shielded his eyes but peeked between the cracks between his fingers. "T-This is gettin' wild!"

As the fight continued to go on, Avalon began to notice how Spina's face and chest began to regenerate. Was he always capable of this or was this another new move? Spina almost completely brushed off Berserk's powerful attack and laughed at the damage he got. The whole scene played out like a movie. Yet, when Spina began to counterattack Berserk, he grew more nervous for Berserk's safety. He knew that Berserk was more than capable of defending herself, but as Spina bounced back from her attack, it sent a bit of doubt in his mind.

This isn't good. Spina is acting completely out of control! Thing could get from bad to worse, and it seems that Spina wouldn't care either way. Avalon shifted his view to Berserk. I'm not sure how long Berserk can hold up, especially if Boss is getting more hostile!

"Berserk, look out! I don't think Boss is acting the same anymore! He's out to actually kill you! This is gettin' out of hand!" Avalon cried out before Lilith smacked him on the face. He quickly grabbed the snake and kept her safe in his arm. "Gwah, Lilith! Just hold on to me."

Rogue City Command Center

Cayde yelped as he was shoved, stumbling a bit and nearly tripping over from Bage's shove. He quickly got control of his body, turning back around and throwing out his arms to wave down Bage.

"Hey hey! Take it easy...you're gonna blow a bulb."

He shook his head from side to side, gently moving in between Bage and the console. His mechanical eyes lifted, gesturing towards Detective Spawn with an exasperated nod.

"Yeah, what he said. What the hell is this Panich girl got you all worked up for?"

Within a few short moments, Cayde brought up the holoimage of Panich and Gogeta's spar. He froze the frame on her smirking face, zooming in. Cayde sighed heavily, glancing back towards Detective Spawn and May.

"Well, I guess that'll keep him happy for awhile. I got comm devices to use so we can keep in touch with each other...but what are these orb things? How are they gonna sneak me into the city?"

Hyperbolic Vortex Chamber

Gogeta frowned at the display, his eyes shut but intensely focusing in on the malicious energy and sensations stemming from not just Spina, but Beserk's brutal tactics as well.

"This is strange; he's regenerating. Spina couldn't do that before."

Vegetto kept his arms crossed, glancing slightly over his shoulders. The incoming volley of fire from the attacks Spina unleashed luckily landed far and wide between them, He paused for a moment, studying the battle intently for a few seconds, before suddenly speaking outwardly to Brachi and Gogeta both.

"Can you sense what he's using? What power is allowing him to repair his body so effectively?"

Rogue City

"As do I, old friend."

The warm gentle voice rung out behind Lucifer and Zenta, a pair of large leather shoes striking the stone walkway in deft steps. Standing in his traditional divine garb and clutching his orb staff in his left hand, Whis smiled warmly at the pair of men standing in the open walkways of Rogue City. His eyes lifted for a moment, glancing around at the large city skyline as he let out a content sigh.

"Ah, yes. I always did wish to come visit this place...I'm glad I could finally see it."

He then glanced back down, staring at Lucifer first and meeting the other angel's eyes. His expression was flat at first; an unreadable and empty emotion on his facial features for a few seconds. However, Whis soon broke out into a similar smile he held merely seconds ago, and lightly bowed his head towards Lucifer before turning to Zenta.

"I don't mean to impose on you fine gentlemen...but I was hoping you could help me track down this...peculiar scent I've been looking into. Perhaps we are after the same source, hmm?"

May says professionally "I was think we use them as scouts during the defense of the city but if you think it would show to much of my hand then fine Spawn." May thinks "Come on going to the hive to scout is quite far away at this point." 

May says to Cayed professionally "Despite not living there I am a defense contractor that work there so like the Spawn and Bage I have specials permissions. That not counting my hammer space and being on good terms with reflection."

May says professionally "I will need to know what these generators do, were do you need them and how much they weigh." May thinks "I think the mover vaunts should be plenty and its not like I cant use some my maids. That all depends on knowing the first two things."

Brachi was concentrating to figure this out, having heard Vegetto's question.

"It is unlike anything I have felt before," Brachi said, "completely unlike Spina actually... or any Saiyan for that matter... it feels to me that whatever is causing a Saiyan to grow stronger after recovering from near-fatal injuries has mutated into what's given Spina this regenerative abilites... yet it's coated in such darkness that sends shivers down my spine... it feels so... unnatural and out of place... like those cracks on his body we had seen earlier must have manifested itself in a different way..." 

Jize's ears twitched upon hearing what Brachi said, causing her to narrow her eyes as she observed Spina more closely from her place, borderline fixated on him.

The junior detective backed away for a moment as Cayde pulled the holoimage of Panich back. As both Cayde and Spawn asked about who she was, he wasted no time getting right to the explanation. "She and I are from the same reality. Panich The younger sister of Prince Vegeta and princess of all the Saiyans... And my girlfriend." Bage said proudly, before his cheeks turned a shade of red, a bashfully calm smile forming on his face as he stated his last sentence.

"I've been looking everywhere for years trying to find the people from my reality. At first it was a plan to get back to where we came from, but after learning about how the vortex worked, I thought everyone was gone forever!" The junior detective looked through his coat and brought out an old notepad filled to the brim with locations and cities that he had searched for his friends. "She's a force to be reckoned with. At least from what I remember from the tournament of power! And it seems like she's gotten a whole lot stronger based on that transformation. Her fighting style is completely brutal. But she's also the most delicate soul at the same time. It's so cute! I mean before this whole vortex thing we had only been dating about a month but a month can be a long time to get to know someone-!"​

Bage caught himself mid-rant. His face heated a bit more at the realization and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "The point being, Panich is too strong to get herself captured. I'm certain if she left the metropolis then she's probably in one of the neighbouring cities...!"​

The junior detective quieted down, redirecting his focus back to the conversation at hand. "But anyways, The plan... getting orbs into Reflection city... Or something?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom