The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Spawn interjected with his concern for Bage, the junior detective smiled. He felt a bit helpless with how weak he had already felt against the Xy'phers, but Spawn was right! One month wouldn't be so bad. It did feel good to have his stoic partner speak with such concern for him. The junior detective nudged The senior with a cheeky smirk.

"Aww, Spawn, I didn't know I meant that much to you. But don't worry, we were already weak from Roya last time, they had an unfair advantage. With some rest and training, we'll be ready next time."​

Bage then continued formulating the details of the plan in his head as the others talked about training. Before his eyes the replica of the hyperbolic time chamber was opened up by Vegetto, and Bage's eyes lit up in awe. A dimension that could speed up the training process sounded too good to be true. His mind was brought right back to reality once Spawn mentioned the sharing of information collected from the Junior detectives investigation. He nodded toward his partner, pulling out his notepad of all the crucial information he had recorded so far.​

"Have fun in there guys!" He waved off to the group heading into the chamber to train and quickly turned to Spawn as he further insulted Bernkastel. He smiled uncomfortably at the exchange between the detective and the two senior breakers before following his partner. "Hey, don't forget teamwork means we need to act like a team-!! May's right, they need motivation right now, not another critic."​

Bage shuffled through his notes skillfully as his thoughts changed to the Xy'pher conversation. "But aside from that, you're right, we may want to sit down. There is a lot to explain and I've got to start all the way from the beginning."

"C'mon old man, don't tell me you kicked the bucket after just one hit?" Berserk coughed at the rise of dusty smoke as she looked around her surroundings for Spina. Catching a glimpse of him last-second, Berserk was too late; Spina's fist connected with her face and sent her skidding back several feet. If it weren't for using her sword, she'd have gbeen thrown back further.

Frowning as she regained orientation Berserk lifted one hand to her nose and blew out a spurt of blood from one nostril. Meeting Avalon's eyes, she grinned through it and gave a thumbs up to show she'd be okay before turning to smirk at Spina with a gleam in her narrowed eyes. "... hah! We're just gettin' started!" Leaving the sword in the ground Berserk stood firmly to begin parrying Spina's blows, initially flinching at the impact but remaining focused. Damn that smarts... She couldn't keep trying to block his fists forever since her stamina would wear out.

Charging up one of her fists in plasma, Berserk slammed the other into Spina's and swung a firm kick into his left ankle to throw him off-balance. "Don't get cocky just 'cause you got a new arm!" She aimed the glowing fist up into his stomach to knock the wind out of him.
=========
 Bern's gloomy expression didn't budge despite Avalon's attempts to cheer her up, set in her thoughts about herself. Looking away towards the battlefield, she fidgeted idly since she couldn't refute that she would have done serious injury to him if he continued to push the fight further. Only when Bern heard the audible shake in his voice did she turn to look at Avalon. She didn't have anything at the ready to say for him; she got the feeling she should say something, but doing that felt like only offering empty platitudes. What to do...? She secretly wished someone else were there to handle this instead. Unfortunately, it was just the two of them. Here goes nothing.

"Hmm... I don't quite understand. Why are you so troubled over that day? You clearly won the duel with Cuki, does that not make you the stronger one?" Bernkastel inquired in a blunt manner. "You stood to gain something from defeating her, apparently-- but what could she if she barely has a memory of your universe to begin with? Now that I think about it..." she paused and pursed her lips in thought. "I've seen how dangerous her abilities can get. For it to have been that one-sided is..." Bernkastel leaned down to stare into Avalon's eyes directly, realizing she might be making it worse. "...Nevermind that. What was it she said to you? Can you tell me what happened?"

“A gun.” Lucifer was aware that Vegetto overexaggerate Demi-Fiend’s defeat. If Zenta’s description of the battle based on Cuki’s word is true, he was quite disappointed. While he did suspect that there were more to the battle than Vegetto led on, he was looking forward seeing anyone capable of challenging him power wise. But it is clear that Kassava and Cuki was not a match for them, only an outside factor contributed to his defeat, putting an end to his possibility of improving the next “Demi-Fiend”. “I suppose that looking for another disciple will be on hold for now. At least, until I managed to get my hands on his body.”

Drinking all the juice from the bottle, the angel crumbled it up and toss it at a nearby trashcan. “But a gun. I do not think it would be regular bullets that would penetrate it. If I were to make a guess, it must have been specially created specifically to bring down Naoki that gave the others an advantage. Ah, I wonder if Doctor Doom arranged such battle…” Lucifer smiled as he continued to walk on the empty street. “Although that was an interesting revelation, surely this isn’t the only reason you’ve been tailing me, Zenta.”

=====

“Fine.” Detective Spawn, taking on the advice on both May and Bage on being less “aggressive”. He pulled out his notebook. "Right, so tell me all about these motherfucking Xy’phers, those bottles and whatever is controlling them: this “Red King” that Lucifer mentioned and more importantly, their overall goal.”

=====
Spina narrowed his eyes when Berserk went for the low sweep, knocking him off balance and susceptible to her followed up attack. The old Saiyan spat out some saliva from the punch to the stomach, flinging back several feet before recovery as he slid against the floor. He took several heavy breaths to get his breathing in order, before sporting a smirk. Berserk hits hard. She hits really hard. Her strength was spectacular—which intrigued the Saiyan even more.

“Hmph. I’m just glad that you’re not a total pushover.” Veins appeared around Spina’s forehead as he started to power up and curled each of is fingers around until it formed a fist. His eye pupils started to dart around, sometimes pointing at different directions as he tried to attempt an attack, making various “painful” grunting sounds. “Arhgh. Hmnnngrh.” Soon enough his eyes finally aligned as a wave of “black” aura flourished around Spina’s body.

“Flowing Strike: Waterjet!” Spina closed the gap between them instantly, slamming his entire body against Berserk in multiple directions before appearing behind her. Raising his left arm, the Saiyan followed with another attack. “Instant Slayer!” Liquid bullets formed around the Saiyan before being hurled at Berserk in a bullet-like storm. His eyes widened upon raising his right hand, hoping to predict her next move. "Oxygen..."

Vegetto nodded curtly towards Brachi after she finished relaying her intent to Jize, his arms folded across his chest in watching her jump through the portal with the others. He perked his right eyebrow in seeing Spina approach; his offer to teach one that he did not expect the older Saiyan to take up. However, only a mere moment passed within Vegetto's mind as he thought of how to instruct Spina on the form before he was shoved. Vegetto let out a small grunt, stumbling back only a step from the shove and his eyes instantly narrowed into a strong glare. He unfolded his arms, watching Spina jump through as well.

He shook his head once, inhaling deeply through his nose in a visible motion to disperse the growing anger in his expression. Vegetto slowly raised his head towards Cayde, his gloved hand disappearing into his blue sash line and pulling out a small metal piece. He tossed it to the android, turning towards the portal.

"Give us a call if something happens. We might be here for awhile."

Cayde deftly caught the little mechanical device in his hand, looking over the device with a perplexed expression. He blinked, turning his head from the detectives to Vegetto who was mid leap into the portal.

"Hey wait! You didn't tell me how this thing wor-"

Cayde stopped midway into his question, the portal that led into the other dimension sealing up as soon as Vegetto disappeared inside.

"Ah...I'm sure nothing bad could possibly happen. Oh well."

He perked his head towards May first, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, it used to be pretty good if you want the opinion of a refined connoisseur such as myself. But now that everyone's gone, I guess it'll depend on how good you are at making coffee."

Cayde turned on his heel shortly after, waving at the others that didn't follow Vegetto into the other dimension on to follow him.

"C'mon, follow me. I think I got a coffee maker in the war room, but we can talk more and I'll give you guys a bit of a run down on our tech and intel we've gathered over the past year."

The android didn't wait for a reply, walking forward out of the room and guiding the others down the hall towards the command room.

Hyperbolic Vortex Chamber

Gogeta stood to the side, tightening his wrist gauntlets when Spina unleashed his devastating roar right next to him. His hair, vest, pants and blue sash visibly whipped around from the sheer force behind the screech, but the fusion only turned his head up with a furrowed brow during it all and stared back at Spina in confusion. His confused expression remained, listening on in silence as Spina seemed to forget the two battles against him at Berserk's comment.

He should remember them at least. Tch...maybe he's just trying to act tough and pretend he doesn't remember because he lost.

Gogeta's small scowl that had formed in the annoyance of being disrespected vanished immediately, however, once Avalon and Bernkastel entered through the portal. He frowned slightly, but his curiosity immediately flared up in his expression at the mention of the Breakers' adventures during the Doom Saga. He stared on, glancing between the two silently while Bernkastel spoke about their troubled history, and his stare softened a bit as well in the mentioning of failing to see the good moments with the others. The aspect of those good memories as treasures to another was easily diciphered as a reference to Cuki in Gogeta's mind, and the fusion looked on with a somber stare. At Bernkastel's final sentence regarding her assuming Avalon would insult her for being callous in their first bout of conversation, Gogeta instinctively balled his hands into fists, nearly glaring back at Avalon in a somewhat defensive stance for Bernkastel's behalf on the matter.

Yet he soon visibly relaxed, his hands unclenching once the bandit had offered words of encouragement instead of hostile criticism. Gogeta frowned once again, his own words being thrown back at him when Avalon continued to explain his own insecurities on the matter. However, Gogeta furrowed his brow in confusion in staring down Avalon; the fear displayed outright making little sense to the proud and confident fusion. The feats displayed by the warrior had earned a semblance of respect in Gogeta's eyes, and with that strength, Gogeta could not comprehend why Avalon would feel unable to help the others. His eyes followed Bernkastel, watching on as the witch spoke in a similar curiosity on the issue too, but his attention snapped back to the side once the sound of Vegetto's dual voice rung out behind the four gathered.

"Is everyone ready?"

Vegetto moved up to stand in front of the four, despite only Gogeta and Brachi having taken him up on the offer to train. His eyes turned to the side, taking in a bit of the fight between Berserk and Spina to mostly sense where they were, before turning his eyes back onto the group.

"Now, the first thing we need to go over is that this won't be some level of power you can achieve over night. Ultra Instinct is not a transformation or some technique; it is a way of combat. A philosophy on not only raising your power, but in facing an opponent. Meaning anyone can do it, not just Saiyans."

His eyes glanced towards Gogeta and Brachi first, his arms folding over his chest.

"So...for those of you that aspire for the dream of silver gleams and fire, discard that now. The ideal result of you learning this way of combat is not a flashy transformation or an imperfect waste of energy as I used during the fight with Doom. Everyone will have a different reaction to what I'm about to teach you...and that means Ultra Instinct will be a different result for all of you."

Vegetto perked his right eyebrow, glancing amongst the group.

"Any questions?"

Rogue City Command Center

The metal doors leading into the vast command center shot down into the floor as Cayde approached, the android guiding the others into the room. A large oval table sat in the middle of the open room with about ten chairs lining around it. A small set of steps on the opposite side of the room led to an open space that held giant windows overlooking the sprawling and abandoned city below, yet side from a few mechanical panels covering the walls of the room that flashed with lights and whirs of gizmos, the room itself appeared to be mostly empty.

Cayde walked up to the table, reaching down at the end and pressing a small button on the underside. In the center of the table was a small projector like object, and at the button being pressed, the lens illuminated brightly to paint a holographic image of the entirety of Reality Metropolis before the gathered individuals. Down to the images of the average hustle and bustle of civilians going about their lives, the image depicted a full representation of the city's activity despite it currently lying in ruins by the latest Xy'pher attack.

"One of the biggest objectives we had going into all this was to map out Reality Metropolis. After moving out of Metropolis to start up the Rogues, Vegetto wanted us to shift our attention onto those creepy little coin goblins that seemed to keep popping up at every incident of death."

Cayde tapped the switch again, the image purporting to a timeline of events. The city replica was displayed in its entirety, the image shifting to the scene of the Breakers' first arrival during the Coin Hunter Saga. Holoimages of the Breakers browsing the card shop could be seen in real time along the glaring spectacle of Gogeta's rampant destruction of buildings and civilians alike in chasing after the faceless man, the timeline growing in further events such as the battle with Broly and Gogeta, along with Ultraman's final battle. Cayde nodded to the gremlins running around and seizing the coins of the fallen from such antics, his mechanical voice flat.

"I'm sure you already know this by now, but those things were definitely part of the Red King's army and those coins were probably exploited in creating such a massive force of foot soldiers that came after the Breakers and the agency in Metropolis."

Cayde let the remaining footage play out on the holoimage, gesturing towards the detectives and May.

"But while we got some good footage of Metropolis over the past few years, I never knew where to look and certainly don't have a clue about those bottles. So when you tell us about these things more in depth, Detective Bage, let me know if there's anywhere in the big city you want me to key some video footage in on. Reality Metropolis is a big place, and we might have missed something since you know...the boss had his eyes elsewhere chasing this vision of his."

Brachi was initially surprised at hearing what Vegetto just said, although she didn't lose her composure. 

"I have no questions yet, Vegetto." She said, preparing to focus on her training instead.

Jize looked around if anyone else was still present other than Majin Bara, whom sat down to get some candies to eat for herself.

Avalon listened intently to Bernkastel, his frown getting deeper, but he did not show any hostility. In fact, he seemed to take Bernkastel's words as a way to see his flaws and faults. The matter in which she said it was a little harsh, but he had a feeling Bernkastel was not good at handling these feelings. At least he understood where Bernkastel was coming from. However, upon mentioning that Cuki had no memories of her universe, Avalon's head perked up.

"Wait, she doesn't remember anythin' from her universe at all?" His ears slowly slumped down to show his sorrow. "I guess that explains what she said to me..." He stared up at Berserk's fight, instantly remembering about his own fight with Cuki. "As I was getting ready to fight Cuki, I told her why she hung out with you guys. I mean... The Blue Devils were all over the news and every journal I read constantly talked about the massive damage you've done to Metropolis. She said that she had nothin' left to return to and that her true family was with The Breakers. I... I called her an idiot and that she shouldn't be hangin' out with bad people like yourself. Lookin' back, I sound like a major hypocrite huh..."

A lone sigh escaped his lips as he felt guilty of how he treated Cuki, especially how the fight ended up destroying most of Cuki's apartment. Brushing a hand through his hand, Avalon shook his head in shame.

"Cuki told me to go all out and when I asked her that I wanted to fight Byakko, she said she didn't know how to bring him out and I sorta felt like I wasted my time. So, uhhh, I kinda went overboard on Cuki..." The dark elf bit his lip at the thought of how harsh he went on the girl before trailing off to how Bernkastel said Cuki lost her memories. "I don't know what I'd do if I ever forgot about my sister. I'm sure everyone else has memories of their friends and family, both good and bad. Back home, a talkin' tree told me that memories are the world we create when there is nothing left in the one we stand. But Cuki..." The grip around his knees tighten. "She's got none of that... It must be hell for her. And now she's got these Xy'phers to worry about..."

He gasped, realizing that talking about Cuki might be a sensitive topic for the Breakers, especially given how he saw a fight ensue between Cuki and Bernkastel. He cleared his throat, quickly changing the subject to something else.

"Sorry you have to listen to me dribble, it must be borin' for you, haha! I bet'cha you're wonderin' why I act so different around Berserk. Well, she sorta reminds me of my little sister, Fayimi. I feel like I can be myself around her, y'know? Yeah, she's a troublemaker, but I think her heart's in the right place. Besides, I like seein' Berserk get stronger! It gives me inspiration, really." He lowered his voice slightly, whispering to Bernkastel. "Hey, mind keeping this between us? If Berserk ever found out I poured my insecurities to a cute witch, she'll probably twist my arm and call me a loser!"

"You are quite perceptive, Lucifer; and yes, I do have more I wish to talk about." Zenta chuckled to see Lucifer catching on. In a way, the beat felt he could actually talk to the angel without any restraints. "You should be proud of such a fine student. I assumed that Naoki was simply an out of control demon child. I was glad to be proven wrong. Best of all, of all the people to fight such a powerful opponent, it was Cuki... But I know you are not keen of praise, so I will get right to the point,"

Zenta continued to walk by Lucifer's side, mentally counting every step they took and listening to even the slightest noise that may surround them in the city. With arms clasped behind his back, he stared straight ahead before speaking out in a curious tone. He held no malice and no judgement.

"Ever since I arrived, Lucifer, I have noticed that you are fickle with what you say unless asked a question. You may have the tongue of a viper, but your venomous words speak the truth. It is obvious to me and a few others that you hold more information than what you tell, so I will ask you bluntly," Zenta did not skip a beat. "What is your true purpose in joining the Breakers? Your true motive and your ambitions? Surely a being of your caliber has to have something worth fighting for."

May follows Cayde in the war room. May says flatly "Good I think a number us may need a cup of coffee. This feels like one those briefings and strategy meetings that having a good supply of coffee may be needed."

May asks still in a professional tone says but seemly thinking "How many people were missing before the Xy'phers started to show up? If my hunch is on the mark we could predict what city. It feels to me that there was a critical mass before those things were more active than just those creepy coin goblins things."

Bern remained silent and listened to the details Avalon gave, her mouth pressed into a flat line. The comment he had made about the Breakers hardened her stare, but it lost its edge quickly when he completed the thought. Despite the disruptive outburst they had with Cuki... she still called them her family? The gloomy look on her face deepened as she absently fidgeted with her hair.

"If you ask me... it's Byakko who has control over her. Not the other way around," Bern stated with a tinge of resentment in her tone before she sighed. Supposedly Byakko cared about Cuki enough to meddle in their affairs, but he allowed Avalon to almost kill her? Something about that didn't add up. "Zenta is the only person she seems to remember somewhat. But is that really all it takes? One recovered memory to unravel the torment?..." she trailed off quietly. The concept was seemingly lost on her, as though it were an interpretation rather than an observation. Bern allowed Avalon to change the subject so as to prevent herself from fixating on the matter.

Her expression slightly perked in curiosity when Avalon compared Berserk to his sister. "She makes you... feel like yourself?" Bern tilted her head and repeated the words, looking pensive as she mulled them over. It seemed to resonate with her but why? Berserk and Avalon were practically polar opposites at a glance yet they still seemed to get along far better than the Breakers could with each other lately. "Memories form a world after you lost it. Hmm. I see..."

She let out a small chuckle. "Alright I won't say a thing. It seems she dislikes to see you that way... so..." Bern scratched her head in search of the right words. "Just keep your chin up; you have a month to prepare after all. If you give up now, you'll lose before you get the chance to fight." Surprisingly, she didn't hate talking to Avalon; his thoughts gave her several things to think about on her own later. Turning back to view the fight, she focused on following each movement. "Berserk doesn't seem the type to be easily discouraged. She must be a natural at this if she's able to keep up with Spina..." suddenly, her eyes narrowed when she caught the flash of a strange aura across the old Saiyan's body. Had she ever seen him use that before?

An overwhelming onslaught of bullets... How far do you intend to take this match... Spina? Bernkastel thought, a strange pit forming in her stomach watching what might happen next.
==========

"What the hell are you doing?" Berserk questioned, looking disturbed by the strange sight before her. "You look like you're trying to go to the bathroom. It's weird!" She blinked again and was startled to see Spina immediately disappearing. "Huh? Where'd ya go?"

Sensing Spina close in behind her, Berserk's eyes widened in alarm as she looked over her shoulder at him. The Powerpunk stumbled and dragged her heels into the dirt over and over from the sudden onslaught of brutal tackles, letting out surprised grunts of pain with each hit. Head spinning, she grit her teeth in annoyance, regaining her footing just in time to see an immense array of projectiles flying her direction. Holding her arms in front of her face with the first batch hitting her, Berserk began flying in a bid to keep them from reaching her. "Owowowow ouch!" she hissed, clutching at her stinging arms; the water bullets blasted open small holes in her clothes but did not seem to have pierced her skin beyond leaving bright red welts.

"My sword's too far outta reach... gotta try something else... hmph!" Sticking her feet into the floor until skidding to a halt, Berserk widened her stance with the bullets trailing close by mere yards. Inhaling deeply until her lungs were completely full of air, Berserk stood still until her eyes lit up bright red and light smoke left the corners of her mouth. Water might put out fire... but if water can boil at a high enough temperature... The girl then unleashed a billowing torrent of fire from her open mouth, heat radiating around her. It can EVAPORATE!

Rouge City

Zenta was correct that Lucifer is not the kind of person to indulge himself in accomplishments done by others. He had simply offered Demi-Fiend a choice, and whatever achievements and failures that come forth from it should only be contributed to him and him alone. To Lucifer, Demi-Fiend was not a student. Instead, he was a chance to see the capabilities of human evolution. Whatever choices Demi-Fiend makes is nothing more than an examination of how humans can push themselves in a field of unlimited potential. This is one of the reasons why the angel did not entirely question Demi-Fiend’s decision on joining forces with Doctor Doom. Judging from eyewitness accounts by the Breakers, and events he himself have bear witness too, Lucifer is slowly piecing together information of why Demi-Fiend decided to change course towards the end. It is partly the reason why he was seeking to find the boy to extract any information: regardless of if he was defeated or not.

“Truths are venomous. If they were not, people will never learn.” Lucifer smiles.

Upon hearing the question, Lucifer did not express any reaction to it. It did not take long for Lucifer to see Zenta was adamant into prying some details on him. Regardless, he obliged to answer. “All life strives for something, something that’s worth fighting for. It is what makes our existence feel genuine.” Lucifer said. “I joined the Breakers because I wish to see life return to their eyes and enjoy the fruits of freedom they deserved, rather being held down with the role placed upon them by “God”, or in the case of few, indebted with insecurities and vice versa. I suppose you can call it a working thesis through observation.” Raising his golden eyebrows and raising his head so his eyes stared at the sky. “Ultimately, though, I am seeking true liberation, absolute freedom and free will in all humans, or mortals if you prefer. That is my motivation.”

===

Rogue City Command Center

“Well, I’ll be damn.” Detective Spawn reacted to the replica of the entire city of Reality Metropolis, but his reaction itself made have mix signals. It can be pinned down to the man simply be impressed or outright concern that they have this many data on the city. Spawn was left with an unsettling feeling that not only they canvas the area, but also included key events in real time. It even has insignificant events,, such as the Blank Guy incident that happen a few months ago. This left the Detective with a thought: were Vegetto and Cayde aware of explicit movements of Hart in its entirely?

That was a question that Spawn did not want to ask: The Red King takes priority at the moment and Spawn did not want them to get an answer that he might not want to hear. It is not that the Detective Agency does not have a way to monitor people, but not to the extent of what he saw here. When May asked how many people were missing, Spawn could not disclose the actual numbers. It could be hundreds of thousands. Upon Cayde asking for Bage to provide information regarding his findings, Spawn nodded. “Yes… Bage. Give us the details about your findings.” He decided to leave that alone and continue to observe for now. “I can provide some information regarding the undergrounds, provided if you already don’t have information about that as well.”

===

Hyperbolic Vortex Chamber

The water bullets from Instant Slayer turned into water vapor upon impact with Berserk’s attack. The heat from the fire was so intense, literal clouds spread across quickly, engulfing Spina within in. There was a shadow of Spina that seemingly to cringe in pain due to the intense heat from the water vapor, but it did not deter him from making yet another move. He rushed through, coming out of the clouds with severe burn marks spread on across his upper torso.

He had an intense stare in his eyes. Either he was thoroughly enjoying the battle or seeking to push Berserk further. Spina whipped his right arm upwards until his hand was mere inches from her face. “Flowing Style: Oxygen Destroyer!” A technique he used before against Gogeta the first time; it absorbs all the oxygen around them to prevent them from breathing and suffocate them. Spina shouted at the top of his lungs, unknown if he was doing this for absorbs all the oxygen or simply because of the burns left on his body was painful.

"True liberation... true freedom." Zenta said after Lucifer finished. "I see. Absolute freedom for everyone and anyone. I must say, it is quite a fantastic goal you aspire to, Lucifer. I guess you have your purpose all laid out while I am still lost, looking for mine, ohoho~!" The beast chuckled before walking a little while by Lucifer's side.

His smile turned to a frown, and he glanced towards Lucifer. His goal was not anything out of the ordinary, in fact, it sounded amazing to someone who might not understand Lucifer's nature. It was clear that Zenta thought about Lucifer's words carefully, and it was obvious to him that true liberation came at a lofty price. There was an uncanny silence between them and then the cheery tone Zenta spoke with grew slightly serious, almost dark and personal.

"While some might see the good in your goal, in which there might be, I see something else. Absolute freedom is known by another name: Chaotic anarchy..." Zenta sighed. "With everyone being free to do what they please, eventually, there will rise something, or someone, who will take it all for their own. Those who are unable to defend themselves will suffer at the mercy of their destroyers until someone bigger comes along and repeats the cycle. Who will defend them? It will be nothing but blood, I fear," Zenta looked up at the sky before scoffing. "An ocean made entirely of blood with only the biggest fish living in it. Nothing is capable of beating it. The unstoppable force..."

The tense atmosphere was soon lighten up by the innocent chuckle of Zenta. Despite his previous words, he seemed very intrigued with Lucifer and respected the Angel's ambition. Whether people agreed with Lucifer, Zenta seemed very keen on him and liked talking to him. The beast lowered his head and flicked his tails with excitement.

"Absolute freedom... Is such a world truly beautiful to you, Lucifer?"

Avalon blinked upon hearing Bernkastel's motivating words and scratched the side of his neck, feeling a little bashful about receiving them. Still, he seemed very happy that there was some kindness from Bernkastel's usual cold demeanor. His eyes then followed hers to see Berserk release a heat wave from her mouth.

"Whoa! I thought Berserk was all about electricity! Looks like she can use fire too?! She's awesome! Get 'im Berserk! Show him Boss what you're made of!" He then turned back to Bernkastel, hyped on the cheering. "And shucks, thanks Bernkastel. Hey, you're not so bad either, and you're a lot nicer than I thought!" He grinned. "I bet you got someone you can be yourself around of too. Someone so special to you that you'd be willin' to give up everythin' to make 'em happy. H'yup! That's me and Fayimi! Well, it was."

He cleared his throat before lowering his voice slightly.

"Zenta told me all about what happened to our universes, so I know they ain't anythin' left. Fayimi could be here in this weird place! ... But then again, so could Talis, and that's a biiiiig problem."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom