The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bage pondered the appearance of the Xy'pher elite. As Zenta had pointed out, this one was completely different from the one they faced in Metropolis city. He made a mental note of the description before adressing the plan suggested.

"Then we won't send any Breakers. At least not all of them. If we want to go through with this plan and do it right, then a couple of us will sneak into the city first and notify the news of what our goal is. As much as I agree Lucifer is... Unique at times, he's right. The whole point in this is to not only lure the Xy'phers out, but get you in good graces with the vortex citizens." Bage chimed in after Brachi. "Plus letting them know ahead of time would possibly even allow us to evacuate as much of the city as we could before the plan is able to be initiated. Less citizens in danger, the more trust you build." 

Bage scanned around the room at the others examining all of them. 

"Since Spawn needs to rest... I can go along with May, Vegetto and Avalon. Vegetto can perform instant transmission, and if they agree to evacuate to a save location, he can bring them back here temporarily and Avalon hasn't been a Breaker for very long so he may be a bit more trustworthy in the long run. Which would mean the rest of you will be on standby until we give you the okay. If we must have any of the true Breakers come along for the negotiation, I would suggest Zenta. His calm and respectful demenor could help ease any reservations about your group. How does that sound?"

"Would it really be alright to have most of us stay behind?" Bernkastel asked. "But I don't find myself too swayed by running around in a disguise or just walking in..."

Berserk put her hands on her hips with a grumpy pout, evidently upset she's not in the equation. "Hey wait a minute, I'm not trustworthy? I'm just as new as Avalon, how come I don't get to go!"

"Well, Avalon did not install strange explosives in random buildings around Reality Metropolis..." Bern said. "And admit to it twice."

"True. Ah well; it sounds like a boring job anyway, and talking to suits isn't my thing." Berserk yawned and stretched her arms. "I just wanna get in on the fun when the Xy'pher mob shows up!"

Bernkastel deliberated Bage's suggestion, hand on her chin. "Hmm... well, if it's just Zenta and Avalon going then we needn't be concerned with having to deal with the court of public opinion out in the street. Or pull any elaborate schemes for such a simple task." She looked at Spina over her shoulder, an expectant look in her otherwise emotionless expression. "What do you think... dear leader?"

Detective Spawn listened to all the suggestions being offered and took the time to think on the best approach in regards of informing the Reality News Network. Sneaking into the city with disguises sounds ideal, but it clearly not the style that the Breakers would do, barring a few of them willingly to do so. He thought about Lucifer’s plan, and it is more straightforward. No disguises, just simply approach the city, hoping that the Xy’phers will attack and prevent it from destroying everything.

“Before we do anything, I haven’t considered using the Reality News Network to send out an alert. Normally, the agency tends to avoid spreading panic if we do not have all the information. But this is a unique circumstance that we, as Detectives, have to use as a retort so that other cities can prepared themselves or at least, aware that a threat is coming.” Detective Spawn said. “With that said, Reflection City isn’t the typical city like Metropolis that has a more laissez faire governing. They have an advanced security and defense system that allows them to detect life signatures that are not residents of their city. Teleporting there will immediately send out an alert and their task force will be on your ass.” Digging into his pockets to pull out a phone, Spawn continued. “And even if you somehow get in there without being caught, you cannot just walk in the RNN headquarters—you need a special code to enter their building and only those that work for them knows it, and it needs to them to let you in. As far as I am aware, there’s no current workaround to sneak in the city.”

Spawn quickly sends out a text from his phone. “Bage, I’m not comfortable of letting you go out there. Because if the Xy’phers managed to detect you—and judging of how you described and sheer damage of Reality Metropolis, last thing I want for you to get caught up in a battle that is overbearing. And with that Black Crystal thing running around, I won’t take any chances. We lost our boss, and I can’t afford to lose a brother.” Detective Spawn approached Bage and placed his hand on the Saiyan’s shoulder. “We simply have to go to the city the normal way and get to the RNN as a group, taking cues from Lucifer’s plan. That way, I can ensure you won’t perish under my watch, just as you can ensure I won’t get killed in return.” The detective pondered about what Bage said—perhaps someone like Gogeta and other monsters need to stay behind, but that was a risk he didn’t want to take.

Spina furrowed his eyes towards Bernkastel’s questioning on what he would do, since he did proclaim himself as leader. Dead eyes fixated on Bernkastel’s emotionless stare. “Staying here and doing nothing sounds boring.” He said, but nothing more after that.

“Fortunately, all detectives from the agency are exempt from Reflection City’s defense measures. So Bage and I should be able to go there just fine.” The sound of a text message was heard. “And I do happen to know someone that works for the RNN. I met her a while back during a mission, and she’s friendly with May. If she’s in the city, she can take us directly to RNN, and you can tell the Director of the RNN of your findings.” Detective Spawn checked the text. “It looks like she’s somewhere else right now, but she’ll be in Reflection City in a month or two. Once we’re in the city, then we can split up and evacuated the people… Though, it is possible that we could be giving them more time for those rock freaks to prepared.”

“I’m not so sure about that.” Lucifer said. “If the Red King wanted to attack, he would’ve done so already. Considering the explosion of that elite, I have a working theory that’s one, rebuilding his losses at Metropolis, and two, he’s simply waiting for your move. He’s making a strategic move by seeing which city we will pick and launch the attack there to take his prize awards. He won’t act until we make our move, hence the advantage I mentioned earlier.” He turned to Spawn. “Though, we might need to know the person’s name.”

Spawn paused for a moment. “The Breakers don’t need to know that right now—otherwise, I risked the potential emotional problems and won’t think straight. And I’m not interested in breaking in those squabbles.” He shifted the subject away for now. “I can mask your energy with my own before venturing out, but as I said, currently unstable. I’ll make a few calls to watch out the city for any strange activity, but if the Xy’phers won’t attack based upon Lucifer’s suggestions, then this should be a perfect time for you to improved whatever is needed right now. That should be our objective for right now.” He turned to May. “This is also a good opportunity to learn about them as well.”

“Whatever. I’m just itching for a fight right now. If we have to wait, that’s fine. If they build their armies bigger, that’s just more heads I can smash and tear their limbs apart. I don’t care which path we take, as long it doesn’t get in the way of a good fight. I'm in agreement of going there myself... I missed the first one, I ain't about the missed another...” Spina stood up from his chair, after nearly ripping the wood off the table after dragging his fingers on it. Whatever conclusion the others will do, it seems that they can't move freely into this city without a few things and won't be leaving anytime soon. "While you iron that crap out... I'm going to let loose... my body aches." Spina's eyes narrowed, seeing both hands. He turns to Berserk, opting to save Bernkastel for "last". "You. Let's brawl."

May says still in her professional tone to span "That fair I not really don't know that much about them." 

May thinks "I gest good thing for my hammer space being able to hold a lot things because I gest I hear until this thing is resolved."

Vegetto kept his arms crossed, his eyes turning back towards Bage.

"Not to mention, we need to undo the most negative image of the Breakers. We need the ones with the worst reputation being seen fighting this army; alongside the detectives. If that happens, there will at least be a good belief that we're working together and could give them hope for the Breakers to be better."

Cayde raised his right mechanical eyebrow next, his hands still on his belt.

"Sounds like a nice place. If we have to wait a month, we should try getting more intel on the city itself. I can come up with some escape routes and spots where we can funnel some of the hordes into traps, but I'll need a map of the city at least...maybe even a tour around town if the detectives can get me inside."

Sitting in the back, Gogeta leaned a bit in his seat while the discussion went on. His eyes glanced to the side, spacing out and ignoring the full conversation at hand with an expression that clearly indicated his boredom with the topic. He perked his ears a bit at hearing Spina's demand for Beserk to fight, glancing towards the two. However, rather than speaking up in a bid to fight himself despite his own blood boiling, Gogeta relaxed back down into his seat and resumed his spaced out stare towards the wall.

"Very well, it seems the group has come to a conclusion," Zenta smiled brightly, genuinely happy for the group. "At least that is one step forward. I will be ready when I am needed. In the meanwhile, we should recover every ounce of energy we need. I believe Spawn will call back for us when he is ready to take us to the city, so we best prepare physically and mentally." He paused for a moment before speaking out to Spawn. "And please do not call Lady Bernkastel a monster, Detective Spawn. She has been incredibly kind to a beast like me and I consider her quite precious..."

The beast listened intently to the others and their suggestions before his attention quickly shot to Spina and his attempt to fight Berserk. He said nothing and carefully shifted his head so that his gaze landed on Avalon. No words came from him as he kept to Bernkastel's side.

Avalon stuck his tongue out to Berserk when Bernkastel mentioned that he did not behave as bad as she did, but then he heard Spina call out to fight her. He glanced at Berserk for a moment before chuckling nervously towards Spina.

"Uhh, boss, I don't think it's the best time to fight anyone. Then again... there's nobody here 'cept us in this city, so you won't get in trouble." He turned to Berserk. "But if you do end up sparrin', try not to blow up any buildings this time, Berserk."

Bernkastel looked somewhat confused by the end of Spawn's long explanation about Reflection City's technology, seemingly surprised at how advanced it could be. It was definitely entirely anti-magic by design; even if she could generate a portal there or present herself as a mere cat she would be detected. "How very vexing! To have to wait things out a whole month like this..."

"If ya let me borrow your equipment I could definitely spruce up my sword in a month," Berserk pondered. "After trying it on the sword Xy'pher, it might need another upgrade." She stopped wondering aloud when Spina grabbed her attention with the proposition of a fight. "... you talkin to me?" she asked wide-eyed, going silent for a few moments. Suddenly she jumped up in the air with giddy glee. "Hell yeah!! One sec, lemme go get my weapon!" Dashing off in a red flash, she reappeared almost instantly with it in hand. "You worry too much Avalon! I don't have any explosives on hand anyway-- but I can't promise you won't find any people-sized holes later."

"That's right-- now that the city's empty you can do all you want. But..." Bernkastel awaited what she thought would be a vocal protest from Gogeta about it, hands on her hips expectantly before looking over to see he was... staring at the wall. A brief look of surprise washed over her features before she crossed her arms with a deep scowl, tail flicking in agitation. The sight was almost comical since it followed Zenta's compliment about her.

"Aww cheer up, pipsqueak. Just sit back and watch how a pro does things. No magic needed!" Berserk pat Bern's head in a manner of consolation, thinking she was upset about not getting to fight.

"I am not upset," the witch retorted childishly before she huddled closer to Zenta enough to brush by his tails since the sensation was nice. "... what's his deal anyway?" she grumbled after prying her gaze off Gogeta.

Berserk turned back to Spina with a smug smirk on her face. "This room's already trashed to hell, so let's throw down right here. Since you got my clothes dirty with tank juice and glass, I'm gonna get even by whooping your ass with everyone watching."

Lucifer eyed on May and studied her body language when she said she knows little to nothing about the Breakers. While this can be true to anyone who do not know them personally, the way she worded implies that she’s seemingly unaware of their existence. “Well, you seem to carry yourself just fine and I don’t see you harboring any ills against them.”

“She was here before everyone got forced in this place.” Spawn said. “She’s in the similar boat as the original Breakers—so she most likely never encountered you guys at all considering how vast this place in the beginning. At least, that’s the implication I’ve gotten from her story.”

“Well, that’s certainly interesting to say nevertheless.” The angel softens his smile. “I do wonder how many people were here before Doctor Doom’s recreation… I wonder what kind of knowledge they held…”

Detective Spawn’s eyes fixated on the angel; he knows the Satan from his world and this one isn’t the same. They even operated differently; this Lucifer was vastly far more mature and calmer in comparison to the childish demeanors displayed from the Satan he knows. Yet, despite being completely different, there was a sense of uneasiness when he’s around the angel. It’s not fear as Spawn concluded. But rather how relatively relaxed he is. “How about you mind your own damn business.” Spawn harshly responded.

As the conservation concluded, now that they have to wait at least a month for Spawn’s informant to appear in Reflection City, the Detective agreed with Cayde’s suggestion. “We can go over that… I also need to see all of your information too Bage.” Spawn said, referring to the bottles they have collected. “May has the ability to store things in hammer space, so whatever items you have that seems to be useful for this investigation, we can store it in there, so it won’t get lost. Or stolen.” Prior to Spina’s suggestion to have a fight, Spawn’s eyes darted to Zenta that requested him to stop referring Bernkastel as a monster. “Shut the fuck up. I can call her anything I damn well please—and no, I ain’t going nowhere anytime soon. I want to make sure you freaks won’t go wild, so I have to stomach being near a fucker like you for a while.” After hearing the intentions of both Spina and Berserk to fight, the Detective turned to Vegetto. “Don’t you have a room for that? Do it there so it won’t cause such a hassle and won’t interfere with our work.”

Lucifer reacted to Spawn’s sudden change of tone when addressing Zenta but didn’t pressed on it any further. “Well, as exciting that battle would be, I have to take a walk around the city” The angel said. “I haven’t gotten the chance to look around yet, and I still haven’t done my morning walk. I always have to stay active, otherwise, I’ll be rusty, and my wings will become harder to move around.” He noticed that Lilith would stay behind; most likely will be watching the battle in Lucifer’s place. “Excuse me.” Not waiting for a response from anyone else, Lucifer left the room and headed outside to the rest of the city to do just that: a morning walk around the city.

“Shut it.” Spina shot down Avalon’s concerns. Malicious energy flourished around him as veins started to become apparent on his muscles. “I don’t care where we fight… but I’m getting excited.” The old Saiyan clenched his hands tightly in anticipation of a battle. “Let’s fight until both of us are tore apart limb by limb… I want to see how truly capable you are… so don’t even think about holding back, Berserk.” He rarely saw Berserk fight before, and she never had the chance to properly displayed her strength due to multiple things happening. Now that she’s fighting on her own… it was a chance to see what’s she properly made of.

Brachi narrowed her eyes at Spina, clearly annoyed by how already he was eager to test himself out. 

"Thinking of interfering?" Jize asked her.

"No, I just want them to take this outside, I need a bit of rest to regain my strength further. But if Spina or Vegetto or Spawn wants to spar with me at some point later, they're more than welcome to try." She said, "but I'd rather prefer to lay low and regain strength properly, perhaps do things without attracting unwanted attention."

Bara sighed as she turned to Bernkastel.

"Can you do magic too?" She asked her, purely out of interest.

Vegetto turned his eyes towards Detective Spawn at the command, and suddenly unfolded his arms. Cayde chuckled in reply, nearly rolling his eyes.

“Yeah sure boss. Go show them to the shooting range and the gym. I’m sure they won’t blow it up instantly.”

Vegetto turned on his heel, moving to his side.

“It’s fine, they can use my training room. I’ll have to make the door. Give me some space.”

Without waiting for a reply, the Potara fusion moved to an open space in the wrecked medical room turned into a dining hall. Black lightning suddenly cracked around his body, smashing into the floor as he spaced his legs. Vegetto let out a heavy grunt, immediately cocking up his right arm and shooting it forward. His fist flung forward and seemingly struck, as if bouncing off the air itself. However, a sudden gust of wind exploded outward as a vortex suddenly spawned and grew from the rip caused in the wake of Vegetto’s punch. The cracking of air around them soon diminished and retreated, the portal created soon stabilizing.

On the other side of the new opening was a vast, empty space of land. White tiles lined the floor inside, and a small hut could be seen in the distance. Vegetto turned back towards the others, straightening himself out and lowering his arms.

“There. In my world, there used to be a vast dimension available to us for training. We called it the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and it helped us grow strong against enemies we couldn’t defeat in real time. So I decided to recreate it.”

He rubbed his wrist, glancing down at the white glove on his hand and adjusting it as he spoke.

“I couldn’t replicate the time factor of the chamber from my universe, but it’s vast open space and being a separate dimension should be enough for your little brawl.”

Cayde blinked, the spectacle catching his attention from the discussion.

“So it wasn’t enough that you could move your molecules into billions of strikes, huh? Now you’re telling me you can punch through dimensions?”

Vegetto raised his right eyebrow, a near dead expression on his face as he spoke with a serious tone in his dual voice.

“I’ve always been able to do that. You can’t?”

Cayde threw up his arms in disbelief.

“No!! I have a gun; I shoot things with bullets! I can’t do shit like this, what the fuck!”

Vegetto lifted his eyebrows with an amused smirk, but his eyes turned at seeing Gogeta approach as well. The other fusion held a firm expression; having walked with a singular focus upon seeing the portal form past Zenta and Bernkastel without even a glance to either one. His dual voice was firm, his eyes meeting Vegetto’s.

“I want to train there too. Can you show me how to use Ultra Instinct?”

Vegetto’s expression softened slightly, and he slowly extended out his right arm in a motion for a hand shake.

“We haven’t had the chance to talk yet though. It’s been a long time, surely you want to catch up?”

Gogeta remained firm, his expression flat in staring back at Vegetto.

“I would if you were the same Vegetto I knew, but you’re not him. He died with Kass and the rest of my family from home.”

Vegetto blinked, the statement stunning him into silence. Not a hint of sadness or despair came from Gogeta however; not in his tone or expression as if the fusion was simply stating a fact. Gogeta lifted his lips slightly into a small smile in the silence, his arm raising and his hand soon grasping onto Vegetto’s outstretched gloved hand.

“It’s ok though, I am not the Gogeta you remember either. So let’s start over; I’m trying to make new friends and family, and you can be the first.”

Vegetto remained silent, glancing down for a moment. He pulled his hand back after the shake, watching Gogeta move up to the portal with a perplexed stare.

“Are you saying you’re going to do better now? You won’t cause any more problems?”

Gogeta glanced over his shoulder, and resembling a bit of the cocky smirk both fusions were known for, his genuine smile widened in reply.

“Nah, I don’t think I can ever care about that. I just want to have friends and enjoy my life here from now on, and if it means not causing problems sometimes, then I’ll try at least.”

Gogeta’s eyes shifted, glancing towards Bernkastel briefly for a moment before turning his head to Vegetto. His eyes turned down, nodding to Vegetto’s hand.

“But all I really want is to have fun with people I care about. And I think she’d want that for you too.”

Vegetto kept his eyebrow raised, raising his hand back up. He unballed his fist to see the Kassava card from Gogeta’s collection sitting neatly in his palm; the other fusion having slipped it into his hand during the handshake. Vegetto stared down at the card for a few moments, soon sighing deeply and tucking the card into his blue gi near his chest.

“Alright. I’ll train you.” 

Gogeta nodded curtly, suddenly leaping through the portal and disappearing into the time chamber. Vegetto turned back towards the others, his eyebrow still raised in glancing among the other Breakers.

“There’s enough space for those two to fight, and for me to train Gogeta. If anyone else wants to learn Ultra Instinct, I can show you how to attain it. Does anyone else want to come along?”

Cayde waved off his right hand, keeping a smile of his own.

“You crazy kids have fun. I’ll stay here with the detectives and try to help them plan out this crazy reverse trap plan next month.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom