The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cayde nodded, forming a smile immediately at Lucifer's insult and throwing out his arms.

"See? That's better: haha, my taste in ramen!"

He paused, however, turning his head with a confused look at the sudden portal forming. Vegetto narrowed his eyes, unfolding his arms.

"Why didn't Kakarot show up? I told him he was the only detective I wanted coming here; he must've had good reason to send you in his place?"

Gogeta perked his head up at the two new arrivals, and at the mention of who the detective was, he blinked with wide eyes. The stare of panic was completely over in a flash; a momentary, fleeting moment that could've been easily missed if no one had been studying his expression. He remained silent throughout, staring on at Detective Spawn and May Sheer in anticipating their explanations.

Berserk remained silent as she uncomfortably stood in the tense atmosphere between Vegetto and Bernkastel staring each other down, twirling part of her hair ribbon in her fingers idly. The Powerpunk reminded herself it was better not to get involved if things sounded too personal to the ones feeling slighted. This is gonna be a long stay... she thought to herself. 

Bernkastel kept her eyes locked on the man until Cayde stepped close to try and talk her down from going any further. For a few moments she just glared at him before looking away after he called her Kettles. Her sour expression was still one of evident anger but with a pronounced pout to lessen the intensity. "... whatever," Bern grumbled, prying her eyes away from Cayde and Vegetto's direction before the portal opened for Spawn to come through.

"How do you know who... oh hey, it's you! I remember you, you were down there fighting Roya the other day! How's it goin'?" Berserk greeted him after a brief look of unfamiliarity. "Don't worry 'bout what we were up to... I'm Berserk! The toughest, smartest, raddest Powerpunk around!"

Bernkastel sustained her frown but eyed May up and down; she didn't recognize this person at all. But why did Spawn bring her along instead of Detective Goku? Furrowing her brow in slight confusion, she spoke next after seemingly realizing this was an informal introduction. "... Hello. But shouldn't you both be accompanied by Goku? What business does May have with us if he already has Bage to keep an eye on us?" She inquired. Might she be independent of the agency altogether?

Brachi also frowned at seeing the newcomer May.

"Is Detective Goku tired of dealing with us?" Bara asked, her curiosity raised.

"I doubt that; he would have put us all in jail already if he was... either something must have happened to him that warrants the sudden visit of Spawn and May, or this is about something else entirely." Brachi said, while Jize nodded, remaining silent while studying May for a moment.

Bage watched Vegetto examine Lucifer's mind along with the others. His eyes narrowed in suspicion with Cayde, knowing that whatever would come out of this couldn't be good. And then as the potara fusion became increasingly stressed, the dark and menacing energy caught the detective off guard as he rose from his seat. This aura felt completely evil and as much as he didn't want to be surprised, it was almost expected with the way Vegetto had been acting lately. The Saiyan stopped in his tracks as Cayde had taken initiative and took down the other without a second thought. Bage was surprised yet again by the aura that Cadye was emitting as he restrained the fusion. Once things started to settle, Bage sighed.

"I expected as much..." 

Another calm moment turned bad by pride and mischief. The detective didn't know how much longer he could take this. Then suddenly at the moment Spina mentioned something approaching, he turned his head noticing the energy coming. His narrowed eyes turned soft as he looked in the direction almost in confusion. This energy... Is it..?

Bage's body turned toward the portal, his face lit up as he saw the other detective's face as he walked through. "Spawn!! You're alive!" Bage wasted no time lifting the nearly 7-foot tall man with ease in his excitement. He seemingly disregarded the small girl for a mo All the dread from the whole situation disappeared for a second. The junior detective was laughing hysterically at the fact that his partner hadn't been turned into a Xy'pher minion. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]His excitement seemed to die down[/font] once the others asked about Detective Goku's absence and he set Spawn down while joining in on the questioning.

"Oh, right! Goku, was he with you? What happened?" He asked.

Setting aside of the vague answers regarding the tension between them, Spawn was quite surprised when Bage scooped him up from the ground in excitement. “Likewise,” Spawn responded, “glad to see that you are also alive and kicking, Bage.”

The main theme of all the questions was geared towards the strange absence of Detective Goku. This was not a surprise to the Spawn. Goku did kept tabs on them for a while and placed Detective Bage as a buffer to ensure they will focus on cleaning up their act. So, for Spawn to show up instead, who only interact with them once during the Roya incident, rather than Detective Goku himself raises questions. That he understood. What he did not understand is why all of them, especially Bage, are acting oblivious of what transpired at the Agency. His eyes peered off to the right, fixed on Gogeta for the moment. No words needed—he understood that Gogeta either did not tell or withholding information.

After returning to the ground, Spawn furrowed his eyes and his tone changed. “Detective Goku died in battle.” Tilting his head, the detective had a grim expression on his face. “The Detective Agency was under attack by the Xy’phers and their leader; they managed to turn Broly into one of them and went to attack us. During the scuffle…” Spawn narrowed his eyes as he continued to gaze as the fusion. “Gogeta escaped during it.”

“Oh?” Lucifer said. “And here I thought the Detectives have a changed of heart by letting Gogeta go. My, the boy says he had no idea!” The angel said, indicating that he overheard their conversations, even though he was not truly part of it. “But I am quite surprised, though. That Detective Goku was defeated by them?”

On the other hand, Spina narrowed his eyes upon hearing the news regarding Detective Goku’s absence. “Another potential fighter, lost.” He uttered from his lips, as he stops scratching his fingers against the wooden table. Unlike the other Breakers, he’s not aware of the “leader”, since Gogeta forced him away from the horde.

Spawn paused for a moment after Lucifer’s comments regarding Gogeta. He turned his eyes away from the fusion to face the rest of the Breakers. “During the battle, Goku and I were doing fairly well, until its leader came at us. She was capable of using gravity and seems to be radiant with dark energy. She and Broly coordinated their attacks to strike me down, but Detective Goku pushed me out of the way—and that thing stabbed him through his back and out his chest. He could’ve dodge it, but he didn’t.” He paused for a moment before continuing. “And turned to me as he extended out his arm. Before I can say anything, with that damn smile, he teleported me to a random place and I crashed through the ground.”

Pointing his finger to May Sheer. “Fortunately, I landed to a spot near May’s place. She is an acquaintance of mines a while back and helps out whenever she can. She took me in and attended my wounds until I got my rest. I bought her here for reasons I’ll get to in a minute. Once I was rested, I returned to my human form to avoid detection by those damn things as I said before. They are only aware of my energy for that form, but here as I am now, they won’t know. Furthermore, I was able to track you lot down because I placed a tracker on that monster’s body [Zenta] over there, allowing me to go to its location whenever its needed. Just in case. Clearly, it worked in my favor and the Xy’phers won’t know.”

Spawn turned to the Breakers. “After that, I do not know what happened to Detective Goku... I could not sense his energy anymore. No matter which direction, nor how many times I called, it was like he disappeared from the face of this planet. Considering I saw his chest burst opened and cracks spreading rapidly throughout, my conclusion reigns that he was turned into a Vortex Coin.”

May says with a tone that indicates professional politeness "Nice to meat you all as well." The strange thing is that it was only out professional curtsy torts the Breakers. 

May may thinks "So far what ever the red king is sounds that group going need more than a cup of my stander ballets, a hand full of orbs, and a hand full of Maid to clean things up after." 

Bage listened to Spawn carefully, his face shifting into a nearly shocked expression when he heard of the senior detectives death. Lowering his head and looking toward the ground, The junior detective was silent through the entire explanation, his hands clenched into fists for a moment as his frustration toward Gogeta began to build. But he couldn't lose his cool. Especially at a time like this where everyone was at each other's throats. As Spawn continued mentioning Goku's heroic action, It helped Bage regain his peace. He vould only imagine the confidence in such an expression, even for this Goku he had only met a few years ago, it rung with the same faith as any other version of him and gave the junior detective hope that they could still do this. Once detective Spawn finished however, the gears in Bage's brain were already turning with a plan. He first turn to May with a smile

"Well it's nice to meet you too May. thank you for helping heal my partner, your help is greatly appreciated." The Saiyan sighed, "...It's unfortunate though... We've lost not only a good friend but a very powerful asset to our team, assuming the Xy'phers collected his coin. And not only that, Broly has been turned into a minion too. It's going to make our fight against the red king that much harder."​

Bage continued to think, his mind racing at the thought  then remembered a critical detail from Spawn. "You mentioned another Elite that was with Broly! What did she look like?" Can you remember any details about this woman?"

"Detective Goku and Broly are... dead? But... but how? They're supposed to be super strong and stuff..." Avalon said with a depressed tone. "I can't believe he's dead..." He then turned his head to Spina upon Spawn mentioning how he saw cracks form on Goku's body before he was sent away. He instantly remembered Spina, and, to a degree, Cuki. His ears lowered fearing that Goku might now be an enemy. "If Spawn said he saw Goku's body begin to crack then there's no doubt he's a Coin by now. If he's a Coin then chances are the Xy'phers already got a hold of him and turned him to a minion." He placed a hand on his chin, thinking. "And if Detective Goku is a Xy'pher... then we're in big trouble."

"Oh my, even Detective Goku has fallen... the situation continues to get worse," Zenta let out a disappointed sigh. "Things have gotten quite serious now that even Detective Goku has perished. I doubt the Red King will allow his Coin to slip by his hands. It seems that we will unfortunately encounter him as a Xy'pher."

"If that's the case then we'll need all the help we can get." The elf crossed his arms and leaned his head back. "Considering that the Red King took Vegetto's threat as an open invitation for slaughterin' us, there's a preeeeeety good chance that he's going to pin Detective Goku and Broly on us. Man, what the heck are we gonna do now?"

Zenta's fur suddenly bristled when Spawn mentioned he had placed some sort of tracking device on him. The beast seemed repulsed that something was on his fur but at the same time he was amazed that he could not sense or feel it on his hyper sensitive fur. He shook his body to rustle his fur before pulling one of his precious tails into his hand and began to stroke it, trying to pick out any tiny pieces of dirt or debris he felt. The mere thought of Spawn putting something on his fur gave him goosebumps, and it was clear that he was uncomfortable.

"Pardon me, Detective Spawn," Zenta said while tapping his shoulder. "While I do not care that you keep tabs on us, I am... not very fond of others touching or putting things in my fur without my consent... Please remove whatever tracking device you placed on me. Now. I feel like I have parasites..."

Avalon groaned in slight annoyance as he ran his fingers through his hair, trying to take in all the information. He also remembered Spawn said that Gogeta had escaped in the mix, and he instantly turned to the Fusion with a genuine confused look.

"Hey, hold on... if you were there when they were attacked by the Xy'phers, why didn't you say anythin' to us earlier?"

Vegetto kept his arms crossed, frowning at the news of Detective Goku's death. He glanced to the side, letting the others finish before speaking.

"We still have time to prepare. The stealth fields for this city still work, and it'll still be much harder for this army to find us."

Cayde grimaced a bit, shaking his head.

"Yikes. The stronger half of the detective agency being after us is much more troubling than just things being 'harder'."

Cayde blinked, holding up his hands towards Bage and Spawn.

"No offense guys."

As Spawn's eyes landed on Gogeta, the fusion sat comfortably in his seat with a small, genuine smile that formed on his face. A strange display, yet his eyes met the detective's with a sharpness that resonated strongly with the stare from the night everything transpired. In tandem, Gogeta lifted up his right hand, giving a small salute with two fingers in the exact manner he did the night the agency was attacked with a quick wink with his right eye.

However, the motion faded rapidly, and Gogeta sat still throughout the actual explanation behind the attack. He rubbed his chin for a moment, perking his eyebrows once Avalon questioned him directly.

"I guess it just slipped my mind until now. I didn't really remember what happened back then, Spina was my only concern at the time."

"At least Detective Goku died with dignity, sacrificing his life to save someone else... exactly as Goku would do..." Brachi muttered.

"You realize he could be now one of those Xy'phers now, right?" Jize prodded.

"Then we must see to it that he did not die in vain," Brachi said, "Since the Xy'phers have obviously attacked the Agency too and are on our case as well, I suggest that we as the 'Breakers' and the Detective Agency join forces and find ways to beat those Xy'phers into submission and make that Red Dictator pay for what he's done. Given what we're obviously up against there is no time for any petty disputes or arguments; those are off the table as far as I'm concerned. Once the true enemy has been dealt with, then we can have our own affairs and disputes settled, but now is not the time." 

"You have ideas?" Bara asked.

"Aside from physical and mental training in order to stay in shape, we also need intelligence as our weapon. Knowledge is power after all, so we need to gather what information we have and examine and compare what both sides have on the enemy. Anything we can learn will be useful; even if we don't find a weak spot immediately, we'll have more information on their capabilities. We could even find or develop ways to breach their defenses or whatever it is that is empowering them and for once beat them at their own game. I am open to suggestions, but in my opinion, we must act accordingly given the dire situation." Brachi replied.

"Getting a bit anxious, are we?" Jize asked with a frown.

"Believe me when I say that this whole situation is just as bad, if not worse than fighting the Metar back when their worlds were in our universe. Puts things into perspective for me on that." Brachi said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom