The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegetto sat down with a blank expression next to Cuki, taking a quick read through for a moment. He put the menu down within seconds, his dual voice flat.

"I'll just have one of everything."

Cuki heard her stomach growl and looked over the menu. When Vegetto made his order, she puffed her cheeks, rose to her feet, and slammed her hand on the table.

"I'll have one of everything too! I think I'll have two of everything!" Cuki made a cocky smile to Vegetto before sitting down next to him. "If you get full, I'll be sure to finish your plates for you. Maybe even Kettles will help you eat such a large meal."

Cuki messed around with the fork and wondered what Bernkastel might order.

Bernkastel made no comment as she was occupied with reading the wine catalogue and the menu itself. Her eyes scanned both menus before she neatly folded each one and laid them down. 

"I'll have the salmon with a bottle of Pinot Noir wine," Bernkastel said politely.

Vegetto sat with his arms crossed, relaxing back into his chair with his narrowed eyes turning up to Cuki during her jest. He let out a small scoff, turning his eyes back down to the table.

"You should control your pride there, little girl. It might get you into trouble, trying to pick a fight with someone you know nothing about."

The thrall says in a knowing tone to Cuki and Vegetto "I will assume to keep it coming for the two of you." The thrall walks off with the orders.

A vampire knight walks to the sage and says in a friendly way "the is little reason to be afraid of other gusts young one. If they get out hand our mistress and/or master will deal with them." 

The Thrall with others come back with the order for the group. The thrall says placing the orders of Bernkastel and the voice "your orders. The wine that you order good sir is one our master made him self." places some wine glasses informant of Bernkastel and the voice.

Another thrall says Cuki and Vegetto "I will be hear just tell me wend you want more." As thralls start placing food on the table for Cuki and Vegetto.

"I'm not a little girl, cactus-head!" Cuki pouted. "I'm just small... but that doesn't mean I can't beat you up! Y-You just smell strong but that doesn't mean anything."

Before Cuki can continue her belittling tone with Vegetto, the food instantly stopped her. Without any hesitation she began to gorge herself with the food, stuffing her mouth full at every moment and eating like a savage, identical to a saiyan. Within minutes, Cuki already had a few plates piled up on one another.

"Thanks!" the voice echoed. "It seems that someone had disappeared from the restaurant. Looks like you are quite popular, Vegetto! Don't tell me you terrorize people in your world, huh?" The red wine suddenly began to decrease, then vanished into thin air. "Delicious." the voice satisfied of the drink. 

"Though, two of everything? Are you honestly going to challenge by doubling it up?" The voice asked Cuki. "Is the Sayian Biology allows such bottomless pits?" 

==========

"Hmm? Another power level just vanished." The man said as he grown closer to the restaurant.

Vegetto grunted at the voice's question, his eyes narrow.

"No, I don't."

He turned his head down to his food, rapidly tearing into the plates and stacking dishes one after another at break neck speed, gorging down the food. After a few minutes, he finished the final plate, setting down the ceramic silverware and resting back into his seat.

"That hit the spot."

Bernkastel closed her eyes and shook her head in disapproval before taking a drink of her wine. "Such unsightly table manners..." She seemed in no rush at all, cutting into her fish into careful slices. "While an eating contest is no impressive show to my interest, I would be intrigued by a different test of your abilities to see who reigns superior..." The witch trailed off before taking a bite of her dish.

The thralls start to clean up after bout Cuki and Vegetto. The thralls seem unaffected by the eating contest between Cuki and Vegetto.

The vampire knight shrugs and goes back to were he was standing.

The vampire says "and I sent one my knights to give reassurance to that young one." The shadow of the lich says "you know as well I do that some living are skittish."

Cuki finished her small meal with just a few more bowls than Vegetto and rubbed her belly. Once she has eaten and filled her stomach, her personality was a little more relaxed and much nicer. She pecked at the few scraps of food on her plates, even for a saiyan, her appetite was huge and her adoration for food was obvious. When the thrall was taking away the plates, Cuki rubbed the back of her head, remembering how mean she was to Vegetto. She turned red from embarrassment. 

"Ehh... I'm sorry I was a jerk." Cuki frowned. "I usually get really cranky when I get hungry. Not really an excuse but I just gotta have my food!" The small female nodded and noticed that she did eat more plates than Vegetto. "Hey, you lost the bet! That means you gotta pay for everything, including Kettle's lunch. If you guys don't have a place to stay, you both can rest in my apartment, there's plenty of room."

"Now that your bellies are satisfied." The voice said. "I think it's high time for everyone to listen what I have to say." For a brief moment, before anyone can respond to Cuki's suggestion of bringing everyone to her apartment, the voice became noticeably louder than before, to the point that it can become painful. The voice is making an effort to ensure that they will listen to him and not ignored him this time. However, it does not affect Bernkastel that much if anything at all. 

"There'll be no play time in your apartment, little one." the sound of the voice ringed sharp in Cuki's ear. "I'm sure Vegetto would be far more interesting in his situation first before going anywhere in this confusing world."

The voice paused for a moment before speaking again. "Vegetto, once again, this is the Reality Vortex. You were summoned here because of the abnormalities of this dimension. Impossible beings that do not exist is able to exist in this world, but it is impossible for any being to escape here. There's nothing you can do to escape, even with your strongest of attacks. They'll just bounce right off like ping pongs. However... there may be something that might be beneficial to you to cease this situation, something that only I can do." the voice chuckled. "Though, unfortunately, my tools for such means had been... stolen from me."

Vegetto snorted, crossing his arms in his seat with his glare trained on Cuki.

"I never agreed to this bet, I just wanted to eat food."

His expression.

"Besides..I don't really have any money on me..."

He perked his head up though, his eyes narrowing again and remaining silent through the voice's speech in his head.

"Ignoring your claim that I'm not a real person...who stole these 'tools' from you?"

"Hm... I can't remember the last time I even slept. Perhaps I just don't recall doing it at all anymore," Bernkastel said absentmindedly while tapping her chin. She seemed to be intentionally ignoring the Voice, or seemed to not pay much heed to him. "Very well. However, I will determine if and where I stay."

"Tools? What kind of tools are you talking about?" Cuki pondered. "I'm sure we can help you find your tools, I mean... we got nothing better to do."

Maybe if I help out I'll get some better insight on my past... The Saiyan girl thought to herself. If I'm lucky, I might find some answers as to where I came from. All I know is my name and a blurry image of the people who took care of me...

Cuki seemed lost in her thoughts and, for once, she looked conflicted.

The thrill says "before I hand you the bill any desert." 

The Vampire says "I wonder what that voice is." The lich says "Some kind of spiritual lifeform. Even if we know we can't tell one way or another."

Vegetto ignoring his claim amused the voice, cackling for a brief moment. "The tools," the voice responded to Cuki's comment first. "are very vital for me. They are the tools that allow me to break the world open and see the outside. If I had these tools, I could have easily helped your little situation." He turns to Vegetto. "Because it was stolen, it gave grave unfortunate to my situation. That man... that man is the one who is coming here right about...now." 

A male humanoid figure came into the restaurant and stopped to look all the people that are currently here. He does not have an appearance that seems friendly. Scars riddled across his face and his expression indicated that he was angry. His clothes are primitive and composed of a black, fur coat wrapped around his chest and torso. On each side of his arms, there were bandages wrapped around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom