The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Maybe. I despise the idea of boredom," The woman replied to the disembodied voice, putting down the empty teacup and standing up before jumping down towards the main street. Her shoes made a quiet tap as she lightly landed. "Of course, if it fails to entertain me, don't be surprised if I make 'adjustments'," she adds cryptically. "They certainly appear out of the ordinary-- a bit of a stretch, considering where we are." 

"Unfortunately for you, peculiar man, you will never leave this place. The possibility is zero. No such miracle exists." She says to Vegetto.

A skeleton that is dressed like some kind of king is cooking some food. He thinks tasting some of the food "Needs a little more spice." Puts a little more spice in then tastes it once more and thinks "better."

Vegetto's narrowed eyes stared up into the sky, widening slightly at the revelation from the strange voice. His eyes turned towards the new arrival, his arms instinctively tensing while his dual voice remained flat.

"And who are you supposed to be?"

"Just a regular old inhabitant," she replied. "Dying of boredom as usual. I suppose it would be rude of me to not introduce myself now that I appeared to you. My name is Bernkastel." She didn't extend her hand for greetings. Her voice was soft and polite, but it also sounded like she was bored. Her emotionless eyes slid up to the sky. "Hmm... I wonder what fragment you came from...? Your energy doesn't feel like that of a human." Her cat tail moved beneath her dress skirt with amusement.

"Burnt kettle..? That's your name?" Cuki questioned rubbing her growling belly. "Well, at least you're nice enough to tell us your name. My name is Cuki. Have you seen some food anywhere? I haven't ate for a few hours and I don't think I will last until my next training session--"

Something instantly caused her nose to twitch. Cuki pushed her nose up to the sky and caught the whiff of something delicious. It was obvious that food might we well be one of her biggest weaknesses. As big as her ego was her appetite was even bigger. She floated gently into the air and allowed the scent of the food to guide her, her fuzzy tail wagging frantically wit joy. She stopped and turned to Bernkastel with a large smile on her dorky face.

"Ahh, now that smells amazing..." She cooed. "If you want I'll get you one meal, Burnt Kettles, it'll be my treat!"

Vegetto stared back, his expression unchanged.

"I come from Canton City. I lead the Time Patrol, and deal with magic like this every day."

His frown returned.

"But I would like to know more. Can you tell me about this place?"

"By all means! Do as you like if it brings some kind of entertainment! Being bored is bad for your health, after all." The voice responded to Bernkastel. "Perhaps even give the newcomers a few pointers here and there, considering that there are more people coming in the masses."

"With that said, Vegetto, this world was created as a consequence of the Infinite Worlds of being reshaped. As you can look around the distorted city, you might find something oddly familiar from your world, or at least, one of the worlds that resemblances yours in a way since everything is a mash of everything you can think of and more! You can call this reality, the world where the impossible happens, things that cannot, shouldn't and never exist, existed. Well, disregarding myself, of course." The voice paused for a moment. "I'm sure you probably wondering that there's a way out, there is none~!"

"Hm. I do know of the better places to eat around here... but be warned, I have expensive tastes." Bernkastel's expression remained relatively unreadable for Cuki. Her eyes shifted back over to Vegetto. "I haven't come across anyone who was familiar with magic since I first arrived here. I am a witch-- a witch of miracles. That is what I meant by your leaving here being impossible-- if the possibility would have been above zero, I would have left this place long ago using my ability."

She took a look around them and placed a finger to her chin. "Even so, I've only staved off boredom by just looking around and taking long strolls. It's almost futile to bother which way goes where, the streets are tangled up in all directions. So I only know of a small portion of this vortex for fear of losing my way. A proper map of this entire area would be to create a giant map folded a thousand times in each direction possible."

Snow sighed and walked to the nearest person he could find. Upon looking at them he realized it was a person he knew "Vegetto? That you?"

OCC: I've updated my posts in this thread to have a more clear context. It does not change anything, so feel free to read them if you want.

"Well, more and more people are coming to this empty street! Oh, one of them is a newcomer as well! I guess you are rather popular in your world, Vegetto?" the voice seems amused. "Though, they might be disappointed that their knowledge of you might not be accurate." The voice expanded his voice onto others head and began to speak directly to Snow.

"Hello, newcomer! Welcome to the Reality Vortex! It's the world where the impossible happens and there's no way out of this world!" The voice seemed to give Snow a brief explanation from the get go to avoid getting into the details if Vegetto or anyone had further questions. "I hope you will make this reality your brand new home~, well you have no choice in the matters anyway."

======

In a faraway place, a humanoid figure was on top of a building, eating a roasted fruit. He had black, wild hair and a muscular build. His clothes seem to come from a primitive race, with a fur coat wrapped around his chest and torso. "Hmm, I sense very high power levels that just pop out of nowhere. Another one trapped in this dreaded city..."

Vegetto kept his frown, glancing around to the new arrivals one by one but maintaining a perplexed stare on his face. The voice in his head caught his attention, being unsure of how to respond until the voice finished speaking.

"No no...this whole 'never leaving' business isn't going to sit with me."

He suddenly threw his arms down, a small roar escaping his mouth as a bright white light encased his body. The light soon shattered into pieces like broken glass, crashing to the floor while a blue, flame like aura rapidly encompassed his body.

The light particles glinted brilliantly in his Super Saiyan Blue transformation, his right arm extending out to an open portion of the street.

"This dimension will not hold me. Maybe you won't talk so high and mighty when I turn your entire fake world here into dust!"

"Alright Kettles, I'll let you pick from the place we're headed to. You never know, sometimes cheaper stuff is tasty too." Cuki smiled before turning to Vegetto and frowned. "Yeesh, why's Cactus-head gotta make such a big scene? C'mon Kettles, trying to explain anything to him will only be like talking to a wall."

Cuki gently landed on the floor next to Bernkastel and crossed her arms at Vegetto's transformation. She was impressed but acted as if she wasn't. Her constant belittling was quickly put to rest when she sniffed the air, getting a good idea at how strong Vegetto was. The thought of him being stronger than her annoyed Cuki and caused her tail to twitch.

Guess this newbie isn't as weak as he looks... Cuki thought. Hmph, I bet I can beat him. What's changing his hair gonna do?

"Flashy," was Bernkastel's only remark. All she did was stand and watch what Vegetto was attempting to do. She didn't show it, but she wondered what kind of power he was capable of exerting. "Hmm..." Her eyes stared off into the empty street with a pensive gaze. It felt meaningless to intervene.

"Whoa! You people can have your hair turned blue now? I definitely need to catch up..." The voice said, his tone seemed to be of amusement of Vegetto's explosive anger. "Well! Let's see if you can try when countless others failed!" Voice ringed in Bernkastel's head. "How far would he go until he gives up of getting out of here?" 

=======

The man chomped down the fruit once more but before he could chew, the surge of blue energy spiral in the skies, departing the clouds in that area. Narrowing his eyes, this energy was definitely something. "Well, you don't see that every day. Looks like someone does not like the idea of being trapped in here, huh? That damn voice..."

An woman with an unearthly beauty says "How do you think it will take the kid to give up?" A shadow of the lich that cooking says "One his kind hard to say." The woman says "Master what dos that mean." She shadow says "For we know telling that his reword for doing the impossible is oblivion may drive him to disprove that fact."

Vegetto broke out into a smirk at the voice challenging him, ignoring the others and suddenly slinging his arm back around and sending a massive blue energy sphere flying out towards a nearby tower. His confident expression suddenly changed, however, watching the massive ball of violently energy bounce off the skyscraper like a bouncing ball and cascade back down to the street.

He blinked, watching the energy bouncing back up to the group, the roar of the violent energy still humming out despite the energy not exploding outward.

"...this usually explodes when I throw it at something."

I'm not interested in how long he will try so much as how he decides to attempt to leave, Bernkastel thought in response to the voice. 

"Throwing explosive blasts always seems to be the first thing people try..." Bernkastel watched the energy blast fail to explode looking unimpressed, possibly due to not being able to tell how much it could have destroyed if it exploded. "Any other ideas?" She asked Vegetto curiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom