The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegetto Black's eyes shot open from the impact of the first blow, staggering a bit. He hacked in pain, the silver and pink fire diminishing a bit as he dropped down onto one knee. He clutched his chest, having been thrown effectively off his flow from the exploitation in his defense, small droplets of blood dripping onto the floor.

He struggled in his attempt to rise to his feet, his body trembling feverishly and being unresponsive to Spina's taunts in trying to recover from the combo of strikes.

==============

Kassava stood with a poised combative stance, her narrowed glare suddenly widening at the explosion of the second Demi-Fiend's head due to the gunshot. She instinctively flinched as the bullet shot past, blinking on in confusion in watching the body drop to the floor.

She blinked hard a couple of times, her eyes still wide and turning up to the original Demi-Fiend once he posed his question. Her red and golden fire from her aura swayed, oblivious to the raging Cuki a few meters away.

"I don't know. I was not ready for today."

===============

Once the initial light from the resulting explosion finally died down, Vegetto floated outwards like a relaxed man drifting on top of a sea of water. His arms and legs were splayed out, his upper gi and undershit completely shredded away with having discarded his gloves from earlier. His boots remained, scratched and frayed at the edges but mostly in tact while the bottom half of his baggy blue gi was torn out from the boots.

He had reverted completely to his base form, his eyes shut while maintaining a small smirk on his face. He managed to squeek out a small chuckle, his dual voice a bit hoarse and meager while his body remained mostly still in his speech.

"Hah...I can't feel my legs..."

================

Whis rubbed his chin, pondering the question posed by Detective Vegeta for a moment.

"Hmm, that black magic looked very ominous. I'm not sure who that armored man was, but I suppose once we finish with Doom, we should pay him a visit and question him more on-"

He suddenly leaned forward, staggering bit with a surprised expression at the sudden force of what appeared to be a minor earth tremble. He soon regained his composure, turning his head a bit and settling his vision to the right a small bit. He slowly lifted his lips into a small smile, his tone warm.

"Oh my...it would seem as if Vegetto is having a wonderful battle as well. I do hope the others are enjoying their trials, this has been such fun!"

Brachi and Majin Bara both remained silent as this went on, as there was no snarky comments or anything. With Bara subconsciously flexing her arm to ensure it was working properly again, she and Brachi moved to the door, but Brachi stopped for a moment.

"You have been forced to fight us, based on deception. I will not forget this..." She said, before she and Bara walked through the door after opening it. 

Upon arriving, they noticed Gervene with the others present at that time, with Gervene's outfit in tatters, which Bara quickly repaired using her Transfiguration Beam, surprising the Goddess of Destruction.

"Thanks, kiddo." the four-armed Goddess replied to the Majin, whom happily hugged her.

Cuki's head flung back thanks to Demi-Fiend's knee. Stunned by the attack, she did little to stop his barrage of punches. The girl trembled on the ground from the pain and her internal struggle. Her body started to release steam in certain areas. Small patches of skin appeared to be burning off and exposing Cuki's body, however, the energy that consumed her covered it up.

Give me back my body..!

Have you the will to take it back from me, little Cuki?

Get out!!!

Cuki let out another scream, Demi-Fiend's fire punches managed to burn parts of her skin off. The girl gripped her head and yanked at the ears before forcing herself up on her feet and stared at Kassava. Her face was a mix of anger and confusion, like a caged animal. Her eyes were white but when she gazed at Kassava, Cuki seemed to show a sign of control.

That's... That's Kassava! She's still okay! I.. I need to help Kass..! We have to stop Demi-Fiend. I made a promise... to all of them! But I... I need her help!

Do you think she will help you?

She took a step towards Kassava before arching over in her lack of control, screaming as loud as she could. She dropped on all fours and rushed towards Demi-Fiend, tackling him to the ground, pinning him there while she clawed at his face.

Zenta stood up straight and shook his body free of any ash on his fur as well as shake off some of the pain. He took a deep breath and focused his ki to his more damaged areas in order to protect them from further harm as well as very slowly ease the pain. His eyelids closed, covering the two holes where his eyes should be as he turned his head to the new door that appeared in the room.

"It appears that this fight is done. I am glad to have aided you, Raune. We should hurry out of this room." Zenta headed to the door, opening it and heading inside, keeping it open for Raune to come in whenever he could.

Once he passed through the door, he saw the rest of the Breakers. A smile formed on his face as he approached the group, the tip of one of his tails still on fire. He gave the group a respectful bow and covered his eyes with his hand, a little embarrassed about showing his face. 

"I am glad to see the rest of you in better condition than I," Zenta chuckled. "I sense that most of the Breakers are here, however... Lady Bernkastel is much smaller." Zenta's ears lowered. "Well, what news is there to report?"

Bernkastel looked away to the side. "For a Detective, you aren't very good at using inductive reasoning." She remarked in a deadpan voice. "Doctor Doom thinks too lowly of us as it is. Why would he ever bother with giving us a proper explanation as to why he decided to blackmail us with our home worlds when it's pretty clear most of our group only cares about whether or not he'll put up a good fight." She flicked her paw in gesture of the noise Whis had referred to. "Case in point."

"Originally, the only reason this whole thing began was for the tools in his possession that allowed him to erase your leg like that." Bernkastel pointed a claw at his peg leg. "If there was a way to get out of here by standard methods of escape, I would've done it already. And of course, Voice, that little blob, decided to open his mouth about the Tools. I figured I may as well humor the idea, along with a few other little wishes here and there... one thing led to another, and then Doom decided to raise the stakes so we can't allow him to do any other damage with the tools. You simply got involved by a bad streak of luck." She scratched behind her ear. "We merely agreed on putting the Breakers through trials before fighting him directly; but it looks like the Voice kept a tight lid on what exactly those tools could do. And Doom's little interruption of my Trial definitely wasn't in that agreement." She pulled her muzzle back to expose her teeth. "It will be the first and last time he takes me for a fool!"

"Well, no wonder he wants to destroy this place! God, have you even looked around?" Lambdadelta quipped. "This place is a labyrinth full of bad choices. I get the weird sense of deja vu here, but if my hunch is right, I'd say that Doctor Doom here might have been the very first resident of this dump. I'm impressed he hasn't gone totally bonkers by now." She took Bernkastel into her arms and turned to greet Raune and Zenta.

"I guess we're not the only ones worse for wear. We're not up to much, other than trying to get inside that Doom guy's head while we wait for the rest of them to show up here." Lambda said. "Don't mind Bern, she'll go back to normal in no time! Right?" She cooed, before Bern pushed her face away with her hind legs trying to escape the Pink Witch's PDA. "Kyaa!"

"Interesting... so he's using the Tools to hold our home worlds AND that pink thing hostage! All for a sick idea of fun! Absolutely diabolical..." Waldo shook his head in disdain. "Maybe it's best if we get the tools out of his hands... I just wonder why the Voice thought it was a good idea sneaking into a mastermind's evil lair! It's just asking for trouble!"

"Well, besides the whole universal hostage thing, giving this awful place a makeover isn't the worst idea there is..." Bern muttered to herself.

Spina beats his chest multiple times, as his thunderous roar shakes the buildings nearby. He raised his right hand, grabbing onto the star-shaped behind him like a blade as streams of water coil around his arm. This is was the first time, since his battle with Demi-Fiend, that he attempted to use any water-based moves. He arched over, lowering his head to see Vegetto-Black. His eyes narrowed and his eyebrows rose in excitement as the water coated the burning energy-star-shaped blade. Despite Vegetto-Black’s cruelty, he felt he’d learn a lot from this better, understood the better concept of Ultra Instinct and dissect the properties it held. He wasn’t a master—far from it, but he was a took a step further of honing his skills. 

Without a waste of movements, Spina’s body flung forward, crossing the distance between himself and Vegetto-Black less than a second. His arm already in motion, swinging the star-blade over his head, slicing through the mad-man, appearing behind him. He slid across the floor before making a complete stop and remained still as a series of explosion from the strike explosion violently, engulfing Vegetto-Black. “Rising Star! Mizu Atomic Strike” A powerful attack, which vibrates the atoms to the point of a violent explosion.

======

Demi-Fiend dropped his usual act after Kassava responded to his question. “Wrong answer.” He walked towards her, nearly stepping onto the Demi-Fiend from the past, but stopped for a second. He looked down, seeing the bullet wound on the back of his head. “Guess Doctor Doom thought it’ll be funny…”

He smashed his feet onto his head, splattering everywhere. His tattoos glowed, absorbing the essence of the past Demi-Fiend into his body. “I was just messing around before, mainly because I want to see how far you two become… but you still stuck on your ways. You still doing what others are telling you. You still vouch for the benefit of others, rather than having your own thoughts. Still a punching bag for Vegetto because you’re an emotional mess. Still some kid trying too hard to impress others, because she doesn’t want to be alone. Without them, you fall apart and crawl back to your own… disregarding each other ina  fight of your life because you two are too inept to push asides those pathetic strings of support. Pathetic…But that doesn’t matter now…”

He raised his fist in the air—his aura exploded with killing intent. “I’ll smashed your face in, yank out your tongue and shove it down your throat.” Demi-Fiend’s tone went dark, harsh and brutal. “I’m going all out you herds…” The aura twirls around him in intense heat, scorching the ground he walks. His eyes radiated with anger. Whatever happened to the previous Demi-Fiend, he did not take too kindly to that. Just before he bolted towards Kassava, he fell to the ground, headfirst, from Cuki’s tackle. 

Her claws were scratching his body repeatedly, causing him to let out a cried of annoyance. “You just don’t know when you give up, eh?” Demi-Fiend crossed his arms, defending himself against the scratches. “Get off.” Demi-Fiend opened his arms quickly, free enough to slammed fist on the left side of her jawline, at his full strength.

During the scuffle between the two, the gun that Cuki-2 had got jerked around until it landed near Kassava. On the gun, it has written content, saying “Anti-God Slayer Weapon”.

======

Superman chuckled lightly, because he was too injured to let out a howling laugh, in response to Vegetto’s comments. “You can’t… feel your legs? I… I cannot even feel my arms… or anything for that matter. That’s the first time… I felt… nothing… in a bad way.” He slurred his words to ease off the pressure on his mouth. Vegetto’s attack as a massive one, striking down on his vital points, and the explosion that occurred right after, added onto it. “It hurts like hell.”

He was genuine in that last comment. Superman was in the state that he was unable to properly moved his body to continue. His clothes got ripped into shreds, leaving him in his underwear; his right arm was burned so bad, it looked like pure charcoal. If he attempts to bend his arm, it would ignite a rush of pain, burned skins were peeled off instantly right afterwards.

“The power of the Saiyan… what an unbelievable race…”

The world that Doom created tried to revert to things back to normal, since dark energy had ceased. It was glitching repeatedly, because of the constant destruction on a universal scale, that things were scattered about. Random plants here, a star merging with a nebula there. Instead, the system opted out for generating a door for Vegetto to slowly being pulled into the Waldo and the others.

“It was a wonderful battle… I’ll never forget it…” Superman closed his eyes, unable to keep them opened anymore. “There so much more I want to show… you were pushing to my limits, Vegetto. But things just don’t last forever…” Superman had tears dripping down his cheeks. He sniffed, at the wondrous sight of the battle. “Thank you…”

Superman let his body drift to the endless void. “Until next time, Vegetto…”

======

Detective Vegeta, after hearing Whis and Bernkastel commenting on the tremble from the other fights, he wondered if Kassava was alright. “I believe she’s fine… as long she has that self-confidence and fight for herself, instead of simply appeasing to the masses or prove to someone.” Zenta, Raune, Brachi and Bara appeared from their respective battles. “At least all of them is okay… what about the others.”

He look at the memory, a strange figure that cause Doctor Doom to explode. “If Doctor Doom is the first one here… it could be a key to why we were brought in.” He thought about Bernkastel’s comments about the events that transpire earlier. “The tools, yes, I heard of them. Well, I heard many things. But, if Doctor Doom had such tools and they do amazing things, how come he hadn’t flat out use it yet? Why go through the effort of kidnapping him? Unless the tools and the voice is somehow connected.”

He started at the armored man. The detective took notice of what Cross had offered. “Making a better universe…” He asked to himself. “If Doctor Doom wanted to make a better universe, than why put everyone through such nonsense? Why even destroy the other universes? What they have to do with Doctor Doom and his ambitions?”

He noticed the same black energy radiating from the armored man that was walking away. Suddenly, everything went black, before resuming them back to where Detective and Waldo originally at, with the orb Waldo carried turning white in the process. “Huh? That’s it?” Detective raised a brow. He was out of his elements, mainly because he hadn’t been with them for a while. 

“It’s clear that Doom survived this… but what happens afterwards…” The detective said.

Cross says "we shooed get the voice and those the toys the voice wanted. This is optional but we shooed tell every one that doom is no more." Cross signals to his forces to start to move to explore, fix, and take over this Doom's lair.

Cross says "At this point I more helping you connect the dots. Way he wanted to destroy the others spite, to mess with us that cared about there old home or because he only wanted one realty to excesses." 

Cross says "Way he need the voice, my hunch is because it was a means to an end. The voice is if I recall the only creature that able to use the "tools"."

Cross says "As for way he wanted to push the Breakers, Odds are arrogance or because it amused him to do so."

Cross says "These are all just educated guess."

Vegetto Black had barely recollected himself, his silver eyes shooting wide open as he was sliced in half. His half smirk remained the entire time, his lips visually splitting down the center of his head and two halves of his body starting to split apart. A pained cough erupted from his mouth, yet the struggling gasps of air that followed were vaguely reminiscent of laughter despite the gurgling.

Strangely enough, in the same instant, his skin and body began to slowly heal itself, the two halves struggling desperately to stay together in regenerating. His ominous dual voice had faded away, the demonic tone replaced by Vegetto's normal voice.

"I...lost..."

The dark chuckling coming from his throat was instantly masked from the destructive explosions that soon followed, the doppelganger disappearing into the bright lights and resulting smoke clouds that followed. As the explosion cleared, his body was no where in sight: having been entirely vaporized, leaving Spina alone in the strange dimension they were in.

Kassava turned her eyes towards the two fighting, caught off guard by the strange new transformation Cuki had unleashed and being able to see it up close. She blinked, watching the two go at it for a brief moment in confusion.

"Woah...where did that come from?"

Her eyes fell to the gun that landed near her feet, her brain flashing in an instant through recent memory of the second Demi-Fiend having his head blown open by a bullet. She quickly shot her foot forward, hooking it around her toes and punting it up towards her face, instantly catching it in both hands and rapidly turning to aim the weapon at where Demi-Fiend was lying down. Her stance and positioning were awkward, holding the gun with both hands together in clearly having never used a weapon like it before, before she yelled out with a loud, commanding voice.

"Hey! Freeze or I'll blow your goddamn brains out too!"

Vegetto had struggled to lift his head, his battle damaged body shaking fiercely as he turned his head up. He remained mostly silent throughout Superman's speech, his arm visibly shaking in slowly raising up.

It took almost all of his remaining strength, but after struggling intensely for a bit, Vegetto held up his right hand with a thumbs up. His traditional, cocky smirk flashed into a warm genuine smile much like one of the counterparts that created his existence, his dual voice happy and warm.

"I'll be waiting, Superman. The next one...will be even better!"

Vegetto floated down slowly towards the door, being sucked through the opening and disappearing from sight.

Whis kept his smile, nodding towards Cross.

"I agree. If Doom no longer stands in the way, then we should have a clear path to the tools and the Voice."

He turned slightly on his heel, perking his eyebrows and leaning forward near Lambda. He gently reached out with his free hand, lightly petting Bern's head and light strokes on her fur.

"Now now ladies, let's play nice. There's nothing wrong with affectionate displays, miss Bernkastel."

His eyes perked up, watching on as another door swung open and Vegetto came crashing onto the floor on his back. He chuckled heavily, his pained groans mixing with his laughter as he laid sprawled out on the floor, small trails of steam rising off his battle damaged skin.

"Heh...Whis...I had the best fight ever. He was so strong...we blew up planets and stars and black holes and...and it all went 'fwoosh'! And-"

Whis kept his smile, stifling a small giggle.

"Oh my, I've never seen you act like this. I'm glad you had a good time, but don't you think you might make Kassava jealous with all that excitement?"

Vegetto perked his eyebrows, his eyes looking around the room while he remained sprawled out on the cold floor.

"Oh yeah...where is she? And how did I get back here?"

Cuki took the hit and flew off of Demi-Fiend before sliding on the ground. Her body shook with the lack of control she had. Her eyes shifted from blank to having a pupil. The girl let out a pained yell as she yanked at her hair and ears. All Cuki could do was slowly lift her head and see Kassava fight Demi-Fiend alone, aware of the difference in strength.

I got to help Kassava... I have to... do something!

After everything she's done to you? All those missed opportunities, all those avoidable battles. She even mocked you, said you could never amount to anything, said you were nothing compared to her. Why defend her? Is it not better to watch her squirm at the bitter taste of her own medicine?

So what?! I can't leave her to fight Demi-Fiend alone! Now, move aside, let me fight, and get out!

Cuki let out one final scream before releasing a powerful shockwave from her body. The skin-like energy surrounding Cuki began to vanish on only one side of her body, exposing her familiar skin. Half of her face was also being pulled free from the grasp of the mystical energy that coated her. Her right eye rolled down, showing a green pupil with a shocked expression. She was somewhat free from the grasp of this power. From her sheer will alone, Cuki managed to take control of half of her body, shown by having only half of it free from the energy that coated her. Cuki was finally conscious about the fight she was in, having no idea the damage she caused earlier.

My, my~! You always manage to surprise me, little Cuki... You truly are strong, however, you have much to learn. Even my facade of deterrence was not enough to claim your mind. Ohoho, you really are an interesting creature...

Cuki turned to face Kassava and stared at her with eyes of both fury and worry. Before she made any move, she took a moment to examine the area around her. With the second Demi-Fiend dead from a blown up head, she trailed her gaze back to Kassava and noticed the gun in her hand. Without skipping a beat, Cuki tried to put the pieces together.

Look like that second Demi-Fiend is gone... But what got him? I thought nothing could hurt Demi-Fiend? Cuki thought But that wound... it looks similar to that of a...

Cuki's eyes widen upon realizing what might have killed Demi-Fiend and muffled towards Kassava. She realized that her mouth was still covered by the energy that coated half her body. The girl grunted in annoyance and, without hesitating, rushed back towards Demi-Fiend. instead of attacking him, she latched herself on his back, legs wrapped around his waist and arms putting Demi-Fiend in a headlock. She continued to muffle until more and more words were starting to form. Finally, the energy covering Cuki's mouth ripped apart as Cuki yelled to Kassava.

"Kass... vaa... Kassava... shoot! Pull the trigger... and shoot Demi-Fiend! I can't... hold him forever..!"

Zenta silently listened on to Cross, frowning slightly knowing he had knowledge about Doom and his plans. He swayed his tails gently and carefully put out the tiny fire on the tip of his tail with a quick flick of his hand.

"My, my... that reminds me, I have quite a bit of explaining to do." Zenta slowly trailed to the front of the Breakers. "As some of you might know, I worked for Doom a short while. While I do not agree with his ideologies, I did hear his plans."

Zenta kept his hand over the top half of his face, careful not to directly face the Breakers.

"He mentioned something about bringing powerful beings from other universes to this realm. Sir Cross is not far from the mark when he says that Dr. Doom needs The Voice for these 'tools', however, I am afraid I do not know the true purpose of these tools nor The Voice's connection with them. Once he captured The Voice, he unleashed that mayhem of power on the realm. As you can see, the effects of it defy all that we have grown accustomed to in this world," Zenta pointed towards Detective Vegeta's missing leg. "Even with beings as powerful as Lady Bernkastel, Lady Lambdadelta, Sir Whis, and Sir Cross, this is a force even you cannot overcome, unfortunately."

Zenta lowered his ears to a resting position and overheard Vegetto's voice as well as his excitement. 

"Ah, you mean Superman, yes? I assume that is what is taking everyone so long. That means that some of you met Moby Dick, Wordplay, and Vegetto Black. Raune and I were paired with the Air Dancer. I remember Dr. Doom saying he wanted to pin counters against your abilities, that is why he sent me to test you. From the look of things, only Kassava and Cuki have not returned... ah, they must be fighting the demon child."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom