The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What, this old thing?" Waldo wagged the cane in his hand, taunting them with it. In the short time he broke Kassava's concentration, he felt more free to move. "Well, if you want it so badly..." He waited for Zombie Goku to close in on him before reeling his arms back with a smile. 

"Then you can HAVE IT!" Waldo threw his cane right into Zombie Goku, launching him back with it; if they weren't careful, someone could end up colliding with his body being sent flying. This came at the cost of taking Cuki's last-ditch attack head on since he proceeded to stick his arm into one of the many pockets on the backpack he wore, making Waldo withdraw it in time to take the hit directly to his forearm. Upon rubbing his injured arm, he turned and looked up to see Vegetto's attack heading down right at him. With such a large blast radius, it was hard to predict what his next move would be. "Oh my..."

What could only be seen next was Waldo crouching and seemingly readying a counterattack, but his form became completely engulfed by the blast. The sound of the blast colliding with the ground made a deafening roar and obscured any ability to see whether there was any movement within Vegetto's blast. Once the aftermath of the collision cleared, Waldo's still body could be seen sprawled out on the ground.

... before the 'body' dissipated into white smoke, revealing that a beat-up shovel had taken his place as a decoy.

"Yoohoo! Over here!" Waldo's voice rang out from afar, the man standing on one of the highest boulders that had been part of the fragmented terrain. He seemed to be miming a pose as though he were leaning on his cane, despite the fact he discarded it moments before.

"No, over here!" From across the field was his voice again but belonged to a second Waldo identical to the first. This one was juggling random objects he pulled out from his backpack.

"Or maybe I'm right here!" A third Waldo emerged from a small portal feet first, sailing onto the small of Vegetto's back with a yellow aura surrounding his legs for a strong impact.

================

"It was a substitution! And now there's three Waldos running around the field!" Lambdadelta shoved another handful of popcorn into her mouth excitedly. "He must've done it when he managed to get those two off of him."

"Interesting. I wasn't aware he could clone himself... my initial impression was that he was just exceedingly good at hide-and-seek." Bernkastel pondered. "Let's see what he'll do next, seeing as this entire time, he's attacked only to defend himself."

It was then that one Waldo would feel someone latch onto him. It was Majin Bara, at least one part of her, now sporting a rather innocent look on her face, quite a friendly one at that.

"Awesome work there, Mr. Waldo, you're really something." She said, giggling like a playful child while riding piggyback on him, a cat-like smile on her face.

Brachi watched this still, tilting her head as she also had seen Majin Bara discreetly depositing portions of herself, unseen by the others.

"What are you planning, Bara? Distract him for the others? Or wanting to be friends with him?" Brachi thought to herself and herself alone, observing Bara's movements.

Vegetto's eyes widened, confused at the sight of the dented shovel laying on the ground. He narrowed them quickly, his head turning at the sound of Waldo's voice, soon shifting to the opposite side to see the second clone appear. He blinked again, his stern stare slightly breaking in his confusion before he suddenly spiralled forward from the kick to his back. Letting out a small pained cry, Vegetto shot towards the ground and flipped in mid air, crashing into the dirt below and kicking up rocks in his wake. He tumbled along the ground violently, bouncing and rolling for a bit before suddenly springing up off the floor and landing with both boots planted into the ground. His boots created small trails in the dirt as he slowly slid to a halt, Vegetto's arms tensing a bit and recomposing himself.

He slowly straightened himself out, his eyes up at the sight of Majin Bara latched onto Waldo's back. He stood still, narrowing his eyes and watching on while Kassava quickly made her way up to him, her head turning up.

"What is she doing up there?"

Vegetto kept his eyes narrowed.

"I'm not sure. But-"

His blue pupils glanced from side to side, observing the two clones to each side.

"-we need to keep those clones busy if it's going to work. Get the one on the left, I'll go for the right."

Vegetto suddenly hurled his right hand forward, firing a small barrage of energy blasts towards the clone on the right. Kassava bolted up into the sky in a red and golden aura, rapidly closing in on the Waldo clone to the left and launching into a flurry of punches as soon as she reached him.

So he cloned himself... this just makes the situation worse. Ugh, what would Master do..?

Every living creature has energy... The same mysterious voice echoed within Cuki's head. Many people can sense it but only a trained eye can see it and the path it makes. Sensing energy is different from seeing it... Your eyes must be able to see without being open...

How am I going to do that?

The voice stopped ringing within Cuki's head and it left her in a blank. She dashed over to Zombie-Goku and helped him to his feet while taking the cane in her hands. She watched how Waldo kicked Vegetto and the Zombie-Goku, particularly those who went with the intention to give him harm. Cuki paused for a moment before tossing the cane behind her and letting her tail wrap around the handle. She eyed each Waldo clone until she noticed Bara latch herself onto one of them and tilted her head. Her eyes then trailed away from Waldo when she realized her broken wrist was healed by the Lich's magic. 

That's right, Lich cast a spell on us... Still, Waldo can land major hits on us if we go in blindly. Another hit like that can easily knock someone out... However, Waldo has to have a pattern somewhere... He always has a bag of tricks for us...

Cuki paused for a moment at her own thoughts before widening her eyes and turned her head directly to one of the Waldo clones and called out to the Zombie-Goku.

"Attack the one that is juggling. I'll handle the one holding the invisible cane!"

Cuki tightens her tail around the cane and dashed directly to the Waldo Clone at high speeds. She gave the obvious intention that she was going to attack, however, when she arrived at the Waldo in question, she didn't hurt a single hair on him. All she did was circle the Waldo, almost as if she was studying him until she was finally just a few feet behind him, refusing to attack. She glanced at the two other clones who were being attacked. She hovered silently, almost as if she was waiting for something. When she spoke, she tried not to sound antagonizing or intimidating in any way. 

"You sure pack a punch, Mr. Waldo," Cuki rubbed the top of her head. "That really hurt! I guess anyone who hurts you is in for a world of pain, huh?"

Will he attack only when being attacked? Or is Waldo more cunning than that..? 

Still holding on to the stick Zombie Goku got up and obeyed Cuki's order. Zombie Goku charged the Waldo Cuki told him to go after.

Cross summons a book and starts to read.

“Excuse me, I have some business I need to attend too at this moment.” Doom turned his back on Bernkastel and Lambdadelta. “Nature calls. Do keep me updated about the battle of the Breakers… against his prodigious individual, but I doubt it’ll last that long.” A vague statement Doom let out as he hovered, using the levitation mechanic implanted on his metallic boots, towards his castle for a bathroom break.

===

Detective Vegeta was rubbing his chin, curious to see the fruition of Bara’s actions. “She’s a Majin, if I recall… she’s very different from Majin Boo or any of his forms.”

“You mean the bubblegum girl?” Spina scratch his head. “It looks like she’s playing around.”

“Don’t knock her down just yet. Despite her appearance, she does hold a lot of power within her. Kassava, Vegetto, Cuki and the Lich should be able to use this as an opportunity to strike the rest of the clones now that she latched onto one of them.”

“I didn’t expect you, of all people, able to decipher such detail and the battle haven’t really moved that much yet.” Spina raised a brow.

“Well, when you’re trap in some unknown reality filled with beings with strength beyond comprehension, you’ll be humbled at your own stats and start thinking more critically.” Detective turns to Spina. “Am I right?”

“Hm, sure.” Spina actually overheard Doom’s conversation with the others, citing that he need to use the bathroom, but a significant amount of time had pass since then. Further, he heard nothing about the voice. “Huh? Where’s that pink ball of blob go?” He asked. The voice was no longer in the same vicinity as Bernkastel and the others; as if he somehow slipped away under their radar.

“Maybe he needs to use the bathroom?” The detective said.

“He doesn’t have a body… and where’s the heck is that little brat? He also ran off but I hadn’t seen him.”

"If they can handle the clones they might be able to figure out which one is the real Waldo. It's some sort of twisted version of the game he plays in the books I guess." Raune remarked to Spina and Detective Vegeta. "Still even if they find the right one it'll be hard enough to take him down considering his power and speed dwarf Vegetto's." The speedster glanced over to Detective Vegeta. "Think whatever trick he used to move that quickly could hold up against Ultra Instinct?"

“Possibly… perhaps Vegetto need to rely on that, if he can.” Detective recall Vegetto’s demeanor when using such a state. “Bernkastel truly found a rather gifted opponent, but I believe Bara might have a nose in this too. Kassava’s time ability might still be in handy. So, we just have to wait and see how this goes."

"Well, they have that healing thing thanks to Cross... so they can get up as many times they want without fear of taking critical damage. Not like we can die here anyways." Spina said, still looking for Demi-Fiend and the Voice. "Where the heck are they?"

"I'm sure they aren't too far off. I'm sure that boy is probably still using the bathroom, I suppose." Detective said. "Though, it is strange that he's taking quite—"

Suddenly, a single, but massive amount of energy, beam exploded from the top of Doom’s castle, shooting straight upwards to the alerting colored sky. The sheer impact change to stay on a permanent color, green, as the shock wave is felt throughout the area, no, it is felt throughout the entirely of reality vortex. After some time passes, the beam evaporate.

Detective Vegeta turned his head around after the beam and his eyes narrowed. Something was wrong, something was off, something was not feeling right. He turned his head to the rest of the group and shouted as loud as he could. “Everyone! Get out of the way now! It’s going to rain!” He was being vague with his warning; no description of what is going to rain down on them. However, the detective, by instinct, started moving away from the battlefield.

Spina raised a brow at Vegeta’s sudden outburst. “What had gotten over him?”, he wondered before immediately sensing a dreaded form of energy came raining down towards his direction. His mind didn’t even had time to react to see the blast—his body moved out of its way on its own to escape the area of effect of the incoming attack. It resulted a huge explosion, but then, it instantly disappeared into nothingness. It left no craters—it literally erased the group Spina was standing on.

He rolled on the floor, sweating dripping down his body rapidly after seeing such an attack. “Is this another one of Waldo’s tricks!?” He looked ahead to check out Waldo, but despite his mysterious powers, he doesn’t feel that it came from him. Instead, he shifted his attention towards the castle itself. It’s an evil energy spilling from the tip of the foundation. Rage, bloodlust, malice, evil, these are the things that Spina felt upon that energy that nearly struck him, no, nearly erased him. “Doom went back to his castle and suddenly this happened!?”

The rain continues, destroying everything in sight. Entire cities wiped out; mountains obliterated into nothingness. It was striking near everyone in everything in its path. It crashed near Raune, it crashed near Vegetto and Kassava. It is heading straight towards Whis, Bernkastel and Lambdadelta. Another one striking down all the clones, including the one that Bara is holding onto Waldo. Debris flung into the sky, buildings crumbling, and areas evaporating into nothingness.

Spina stood up, raising his arms to release a blast deflect them, but it did nothing. “Blasting it doesn’t do a thing!?” Spina shouted, jumping out of the way from the raining beam of destruction as best as he could.

Doctor Doom came out of the castle, standing near the entrance to witness the chaos that have fallen for the Breakers. He places his hand on his chin, observed of what’s happening. “So, this is the power of the voice—it’s exceeded I, DOOM, expectations of what I originally anticipated. Just a single use of his power and it’s practically leveling an entire city.”

Spina continued to dodge the blasts; some were actively close calls. He doesn’t know what would happen if he was hit by the blast, but he wasn’t take no chances. By some miracle, he landed near the base of the castle. He looked up, seeing Doom standing still. “You! What did you do!? What are you doing!?”

“Oh, I already obtained what I wanted—the voice is now under my control.” Doom said. “And with that, Doom have no interest of playing trial games with you lot or watching you play around with a clown.”

“But we had a deal! You made a deal with Bernkastel! Isn’t this cheating!? Where is your pride in honoring your side?”

“Heh, it’s simple. Doom went back against his word because this trial no longer had any notable benefits.” Doom narrowed his eyes as he observed the destruction. “If you somehow managed to survive the onslaught out there, you and the rest of your pathetic lackeys can come and get me—and perhaps, save your little friend, your only ticket out of here. Assuming your universe hadn’t been flat out erased by this point.” Doom turned around without any for any kind of reply and entered his castle once more. 

“You…!!!” Spina launched an energy blast towards Doctor Doom, but he retreated back to his castle and the door closed, slamming onto it at no avail. He looked up, seeing another blast from the sky coming towards him and jumped out of the way to avoid being hit. The rainfalls continues to spiral downwards.

Vegetto floated back a bit at the sudden shockwave, his blue eyes turning up at the spectacle. His eyes widened at the incoming energy blast shower, quickly bolting from side to side in weaving through the blasts. He picked up on Spina's assessments of the attack, grunting in annoyance at the sight of Dr. Doom retreating into his castle. Kassava gasped, quickly bolting down away from the Waldo clone as well.

"What do we do now?!"

Vegetto turned his head, glancing from side to side for a moment before facing back towards the door leading into the castle off in the distance.

"If we can't stop those blasts, then his castle is the only place safe from all this. We have to break through that door."

Bolting forward, Vegetto quickly pulled his arms behind his back, leaping and weaving across the ground while charging a large blue blast in the palm of his hands. Kassava followed after him, glancing back at the others to see what they'd do before taking off after her husband.

=======

Whis blinked, having lifted another piece of popcorn up towards his mouth, only for a stray blast of energy to shoot down past his face and disintegrate the food in his hand.

"Oh my."

With a small sigh, he lept back, carefully dodging each blast and swaying from side to side to avoid disintegration. He soon broke out into a warm smile, his voice soft and cheerful.

"Be careful everyone! We wouldn't want to disintegrate into nothing, now would we?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom