The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross says "He more interested in Whis' response more than the answer Voice. I can but I want to hear Whis' response to this prompt as well." Cross thinks "I gest more than just those in the group that say over know my name. not surprising."

"I don't place my bets on one singular person with this kind of group. If you ask me, it's because Kassava is holding him back. I thought she was a Time Goddess, so it would have been simple to just rewind the time in this area back to before the Librarian detected them. Then they could have avoided all of this needless searching by leaving the clue intact with doing things the easy way. I wouldn't have penalized them for doing that." Bernkastel offered her opinion. "Or perhaps I'm wrong about what she can do, Whis? I also would like an explanation." Clearly she didn't think very highly of Kassava by her childish outbursts and sinking to Demi-Fiend's level of immaturity.

Whis' eyes lifted up, turning to Bernkastel and bowing his head slightly.

"Forgive me, but the blame is mine for Kassava's failures. I have yet to properly instruct her on manipulating time, as her current state of mind needs extensive work. She is a bit of a wild card, and I do hope she won't continue to hold this team back."

His eyes then turned to Doctor Doom, smiling warmly.

"Easy now, the show has just begun. Let's wait until after the fight has finished to continue this, shall we?"

==============

Vegetto raises his right, silver eyebrow, glancing down after noticing Vegeta's shock.

After the noise disappeared, Cuki was left almost paralyzed from the pain; however, she would be fine. She was completely deaf and had a splitting headache, at least until they managed to get out of the reality they were stuck in. She stared at Raune then at the others, quivering slightly in pain, and realized she couldn't hear a thing. Her eyes widen, and she clapped her hands to assure her suspicion.

I can't hear a thing! That stupid device! This isn't good... Cuki thought to herself before staring at the crumbling sky, the reality they were in was falling apart. This is definitely not good!

Cuki rose to her feet and narrowed her eyes to the Librarian and barely managed to realize the fragment on top her head. Her shoulders slumped, and she realized that the last clue would be the hardest to get. Regardless, she shook Raune and the others, pointing them towards the last fragment atop the Librarian's head. She called out to the others, unaware if they can hear her or not.

"That's a clue! We need to get that fragment!"

"Huh, Kitty makes a really nice point... N-Not like she ever made a bad point! All her points are great!" Maggie shook with fear before turning to Whis. "Maybe you should've trained her better, Q-tip! If she was a better God, she wouldn't be holding the group back so much! I think you need to work on her attitude, not her mind! She's been a thorn in everyone's butt since she got here, heehee!"

Glad to see Cuki recovering, Raune's joy was deep and filling. Smiling with that of an old king's smile, all of the joy he was feeling to see someone stop being in pain turned instantly to shock and horror as he realized by her own actions she had become deaf. The echoes of failure started to flood his mind again, rage beginning to build up in his body. Picking up Cuki, he ran her towards the Librarian, placing her at the back of Vegetto's group. Running back and doing the same with Demi-fiend, Raune ended up infront of the group, holding Stormruler, with the copy currently placed in Cuki's hands. Checking his wrist, he saw that from a full aura gauge he was down to dangerous yellow levels. Shaking his head, he pointed the mystical sword up at the Librarian.

"Okay guys, we what's the plan?"

The entire oceans of literal words receded to singular point, surrounding the fallen Librarian until it swallowed her whole. In mere moments, as the fragment on the Librarian’s head glimmer, she had transformed into a gigantic monster, composed of nothing but letters, numbers and any other icons or words. She raises her massive head up towards the sky, letting out a roar as steams emitted throughout her body, before looking down on the group, most notably Raune, the closest to her, who raises his weapon against her. Her eyes locked onto the speedster, raising a punch to squash the man.

The detective could not catch what Raune was saying, if anything, but, by instinct, Vegeta grabbed onto Raune’s shirt collar and jumped back many distance away from her striking area. Her punch smashed onto the visible ground—but she did not stopped; she kept punching away like a raging beast, completely unaware that Vegeta grabbed Raune out of the way.

“So the device works… not only she lost her focus, she lost her ability to hear… now she only relies on sight and sight alone.” The detective observed before turning to face Raune. “I don’t have my hearing right now, but, assuming you can understand me, we don’t need to engage, we need to escape—the entire reality is falling apart; her gripe is losing steam and we just need to find that sweet spot to get out of here. If you can deter her movements, then that would be an absolute help.”

Demi-Fiend digs into his ears, clearing out any blood, bugs and other nonsense. “Ah, there we go. I can hear again.” He turns to the others, before seeing the Librarian. “Huh, moved again and the thing turned into a giant monster. Guess it’s finally my time to do something about this?” Demi-Fiend looked around, seeing the cracks throughout Librarian’s reality; it collapsing, the books are starting to return to normal, and it seems that Brachi and Bara are slowly returning to normal.

“Hmm…” He closes his eyes, using one of his magic abilities to send the messages Cuki and Vegeta uttered to everyone else via telepathy. “In case we are on the same page, here.” 

The Librarian stopped punching the ground, realizing that she did not felt any fractured bones underneath her devastating punches, slowly turning to the side to see the others standing idly. The fragment flicker once again, catching Vegeta’s attention, he did not know what that was—although he did hear Cuki’s message regarding on it.

She let out another howl, yet, despite how much she screams; she could not even feel the vibration of her own vocal cords ringing throughout her body, driving her into madness. She dug her fingers onto the ground, using it as a way to boost her momentum when she charges towards the group. She uses both of her hands to grab onto one of them, her main focus, the one that drove her up the wall, Vegetto and Kassava, itching to snatch them up; it prompted Vegeta to signal the others to get out of the way (however, Demi-Fiend remained unmoved by this).

Vegeta flew to the air, looking around to see an area most weakened during the collapse.

=========

Doctor Doom didn’t usher an response, Doom simply observes. 

Vegetto's eyes turned up, watching the Librarian reform into a new monstrosity and launch her assault on Raune. He instinctively tensed up, leaping back at step with Kassava on his shoulder. His eyes sharpened a bit, watching the Librarian's strange continuation of attack despite Vegeta pulling Raune out of the way.

"She's lost it..."

His eyes perked a bit.

"Wait...she can't hear anything at all. She's going only on sight."

Vegetto turned his gaze down a bit to meet the Librarian's as she stopped her first rampage, turning towards the group. He saw the glimmer of the shard as well, but turned his head back down in sensing her sudden charge forward. He glanced around briefly, taking in his environment and tensing in preparation for the charge.

Everything looks like it's falling apart. If I can distract her long enough, there might be a chance.

Gripping tightly onto Kassava on his shoulder and raising two fingers to his forehead, Vegetto stood tall as the Librarian's hands rapidly closed in around him. Yet as the monstrous fingers made of letters curled towards him, he flashed a mocking and cocky smirk at the Librarian while staring directly into her eyes. He soon vanished into thin air, narrowly escaping her grasp.

Reappearing on the opposite side of the open space next to one of the few remaining balls of energy, Vegetto panted lightly and spun around to face towards the Librarian's back.

"C'mon, take the bait."

The Librarian, under the impression she grabbed Vegetto and Kassava, opened her palms, only to see nothing in her mighty grasp. In blinding rage, she lifted both her arms in the air before slamming them to the ground two times, creating a crater because of the impact.

After a pause, she turned her head around to find Vegetto, but despite her constant shifting around, even the moments where she eyed Vegetto—in that brief moment—she couldn’t locate him. Letting out another roar, she flails her fists around like a beast throwing a tantrum, words spilling out each time she slammed the ground near the group. The fragment flicker again, causing her to cringe, but it seemingly managed to help her locate another person near her vicinity.

Her vision, completely diluted due to her blinding fury, as the reality continues to fall apart, letting out a roar. She slowly crawls over to the group, completely forgot about Vegetto as an result.

Detective Vegeta sweated a bit. "I never seen this side before, something is causing her to act more outrageous than usual... perhaps is that fragment Cuki spoke of?"

Cuki stared to Vegetto then instantly to the Librarian crawling in their direction. She flipped back to avoid getting caught by the Librarian but focused entirely on the fragment atop her head. She bit her lip, trying to figure out how she could get it and escape before reality breaks apart.

Her vision is very poor... It appears that her sense of hearing was her only form of catching people off guard. She's too big to take on, even with the whole group here. We need to get that fragment before this place falls apart, but how?

If the sense of hearing was the strongest aspect of your enemy, then focus on the weaker senses... A mysterious voice rang within Cuki's head. It was the same enlightening voice from a while back. Every enemy has a crack in their armor, and it is your job to exploit it. The fury your enemy holds, use it to your advantage...

Cuki remained silent for a moment before her eyes widen at the sudden understanding.

"That's it!"

Her stance changed and she took a deep breath before charging directly to the Librarian. She began to form a small ball of energy in her palm, and when she got close enough, she tossed the ball behind her, making a small explosion. She didn't rely much on the noise, but rather, the smoke, light, and debris that came with it. She focused on the Librarian's weak eyesight and tendency to attack anything that moves to her advantage. She continued to run to the Librarian, hoping the dramatic explosion would catch her attention and distract her long enough for her to grab on to her leg and begin climbing to her head.

She is composed of words; words cannot feel! Even if they could, that explosion should distract her and redirect all her focus to her eyesight! If I can toss out energy blasts, the others should be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom