The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross says "That a remotely entertaining part Whis part. Can they pull together?" Cross is drinking some tea.

Cuki was flung upwards slightly from the impact of her own attack bursting open the clump of words. Her body shot out of the ocean of words and landed on a giant letter Z that helped her stay out of the waves. The girl shook her head, a few tiny letters and numbers coming out of her hair like water before she felt a powerful energy level from the fight between Vegeta, Vegetto, and the Librarian. Her skin turned to goosebumps, in awe at how amazing both fighters looked. 

Wow, Pineapple Head looks even cooler than ever! Looks like he got the hang of his new form or something... Detective Vegeta knows the same technique as Kass, so maybe it's a natural power up thing? Cuki pondered to herself until her eyes widen upon realizing her situation. Wait, I was supposed to be looking for that clue! Oh no, where did it go?!

Cuki turned away from the fight to concentrate on finding the source of the noise. She closed her eyes and occasionally hopped from one large letter to another, inching her way closer and closer to the source until she came to a point where she was overwhelmed by the noise. She was careful not to overlook her area and noticed familiar random objects floating in the ocean of words. The hairs on her tail stood on ends, giving her the hunch that the fragment was definitely nearby. She narrowed her eyes at the assortment of random objects before jumping to a larger stable letter close enough to the items. Without thinking, she scooped up the smaller items and underneath the pile was the piece she was looking for. The fragment bobbled gently in the chaos before being plucked out by Cuki's tail. 

Alright, that makes two... Cuki thought to herself, placing the fragment in her pocket with the other one. But how many did Kettles actually make for this trial? Ugh... for being so proper, she sure has a sadistic side.

Cuki turned back to see the battle going on behind her. 

That Librarian is nothing but trouble. She's able to pick up on any noises no matter how far she is. Cuki paused for a moment. Maybe we can use that to our advantage somehow... But how? I need to return to the others so I can pick up on what I missed. Errm... but where is everyone?

Cuki stared around her and saw nothing but words, letters, and numbers, the others nowhere in sight. She frowned slightly at her predicament. 

"Uh-oh..."

Raune was floating in his mind of his endless failures, moments where he was less than the hero he needed to be, the the innumerable regrets he's had along his travels mirroring his floating in the endless sea of words, as both were desolate, expansive, and yet empty and void of subsistence all the same. The dual dark presences on his mind carried him in a soft flotation along their path, both ending up to an unusual location of solstice for the battered, depressed, flawed hero. A hard, annoying hit against something else that was floating along, carrying the solution to both infinite voids for him. Making a small, pissed off groan at his train of depressive thoughts and comfortable floating being interrupted, Raune opened up his eyes to see a familiar face.

The eternal love of his life. The true girl he had always been running to ever since he first learned how to tie his boots. The one match that completed him in body, spirit, and mind that he had searched endlessly for. As he ran preforming his heroic feats across the multiverse, he had always wondered when this day would come and that he would finally meet her. Now was that time.

It was just Cuki. The lovable, relatively calm Saiyan with a past as mysterious as his own who wasn't the strongest out of the bunch but perhaps one of the most intelligent. The physical features that hid her strength from a certain point of view never caught Raune's eyes, and he never thought much of them beyond the standard absurd level of beauty he found in every universe that wasn't some dark and grim reality that always ended with a nuclear bombing. Granted right now, seeing her here was a lot better than anything else. Demi-fiend broke an important item, Kass destroyed reality itself, the rest he had no idea about, oh and his own clone was dead, somehow. He still needs to figure out what the heck happened to that Time Remnant. Later though.

"Oh, hi Cuki. Uh..."

Demi-Fiend suddenly stops slapping Raune’s clone and drops him. He slowly walked towards the battle, to observe what was happening down below. “I guess that’s your specialty, huh? You make a big mess after not following the simplest of commands, and bam, everyone is forced to clean up the mess while you sit around like a child?” 

He taps his finger onto his chin multiple times, before doing a quick snap. “Yep, sounds about right!” His face got closer to Kassava, with a sinister grin. “You’re just a waste of space, aren't ya? Quick to throw tantrum, but slow remain calm, eh?”

====== 

The Librarian, overflowing with confidence earlier, is starting to break down. Her eyes twitch on the notation that she’d missed as she stared at the ground. She slowly lifted her head to eye the silver-haired Saiyan. 

Before she took a step, she instantly turned around to see an energy sphere swoop past her face, exploding near. Angered, she was able to attack the Goddess of Destruction, before her focus shift again, to see the energy pellets heading upward towards the surface. Her eyes narrowed; her veins now visible on her skin; it seems that she cannot maintain her focus on multiple targets.

The detective notices Librarian’s confusion of multiple sounds happening around her at once. “Her sensitive ears exposes another weakness, it seems.” Vegeta charged up an energy blast and turned around. 

“Ka…me…ha…me….HA!” Detective Vegeta launched a powerful energy wave nears the Librarian, adding more frustration onto her mind. However, the one thing that tilted her was the fact that Vegetto taunted her, accompanied by a wave.

The Librarian succumbed into her anger and tosses Snow towards the incoming Gervene; immediately she launches herself near the surface, as hundreds of claws formed out of her back. Everything they touch, including the words itself, faces deconstruction, but it was at a much, much slower rate since she is no longer focusing.

“You won’t get away with making sounds and mocking me…!” She launches another claw towards the silver Saiyan down below. 

----

Vegeta smirked. “Atta boy, Vegetto! Keep up the good work!” Vegeta smiles as he grabbed onto the device. “Just a little more….” He released more ki-blast towards the words, making as much noise as possible to weaken her focus more and more.

Snow said "Thank you, Lady Gervene. Now, I just need your help with one thing." He pulled a second necklace off his neck and it looked like a circular device with 7 small locks and 3 large ones "I need you to destroy this. Its holding me back from using my powers to there fullest."

Cuki hopped from letter to letter, making sure to avoid getting swept away by the raging waves. She stared at the fight going on between the Saiyans and the Librarian. The way the Librarian was distracted by all the noise caught Cuki's attention and she narrowed her eyes at how big a flaw this was. She thought calmly and patiently for an idea to come to her head. With all the fighting, noise, and chaos, she was barely able to muster up a plan without jumping to conclusions. Her main focus was to find the others and see what she can gather from them.

I don't know how long they can last against that Librarian... Cuki pondered. I better find the rest of the group and see if we can conjure up some sort of plan to help them when things get ugly... I just hope everyone else is okay.

Cuki attempted to fly off but before she could, she heard Raune's voice behind her. She turned around and was relieved to see him.

"Raune! Oh man, I'm so glad to see that you're okay." Cuki smiled. "Raune, we have no time to chit-chat. I think I found the clue that Kettles planted in these trials of hers... We need to return to the group as soon as possible before that Librarian completely destroys the others! Do you know where they are, by any chance?" 

====

Maggie watched the match between the group, occasionally switch position from Bernkastel's lap to the top of her head, and her shoulders. When Spina was completely turned back to his original state, she began to laugh and giggle at the fate bestowed on him.

"Looks like they're gonna fail this trial of yours, Kitty." Maggie snickered. "I think you had your hopes set a bit too high for these goofballs, they totally messed everything up! One of the monkey-bloods got a new form, no surprise being it's all they seem to do... Boring!"

Maggie crossed her arms and pouted cutely on Bernkastel's lap.

"Besides, if they are having trouble with that Librarian chick, who knows what kind of problems they'll have when they face your Waldo-Monster, Kitty. I bet your Waldo thing is gonna kick all sorts of butt! Now that I think about it, I almost feel sorry for them. ...Oh well!"

Vegetto narrowed his eyes, intensely watching on as the Librarian shot upwards. His pupils darted, noticing that the creature did not attack his planted orbs, and slowly lifted his lips in a smirk.

Perfect...she doesn't know. Let's hope she doesn't figure out the trick in the mean time.

He suddenly threw both arms out, bringing the ends of his palms clashing together in the signature Final Flash pose. A large sphere of silver energy formed at the ends of his palms, radiating with flames of its own as Vegetto cradled the new energy sphere in his palms, pulling it behind his back. His eyes stayed locked on the Librarian high above while she spawned the new appendages, instantly bolting up into the sky after her with the energy still cradled in his palms. As the arms shot towards him, he suddenly vanished into thin air, soon reappearing at one of the tiniest spheres only a few feet to his left, and resuming his flight up towards her.

"Too slow! Try again!"

============================

Kassava's right eyebrow twitched violently in response, and in her transformed state, her immediate reaction came in the form of her rapidly launching her closest fist from pont blank range into Demi-Fiend's cheek.

=============================

Whis' eyes traveled down from the fight at the sudden flare of Kassava's energy, his smile instantly vanishing into a frown at the sight of her punch.

"Oh dear, not again."

Bernkastel narrowed her eyes at Maggie, with what looked like a genuine scowl spread across her face. 

"What's this? Are you mocking my ability to win against Doom?"

Bern picked up Maggie and held her up to meet her gaze, her nails digging into the dolly's fabric. "Don't you think I would have forseen this many times over by now and prepared these trials accordingly? Do you underestimate my ability to win this game because of the pieces I'm playing with being so imperfect? Perhaps if you are this bored, I can throw you down there and watch the Librarian revert you to a pile of yarn and fabric scrap. Maybe she'll grind you down to mere pencil lead?"

Her scowl slowly became a sinister smile. "It would be fun for me to watch." The wave of energy from Kassava caused her to let go of Maggie and land in her lap, Bern's face reverting back to its usual stare. "Ah, I missed it. Anyway, I will forgive your insolence this once solely because you are of some use to me for later." She patted Maggie on the head dismissively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom