The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brachi gasped out at this, trying to hold herself together in one piece, while Bara on her turn felt her body break down, trying to hold itself together as well, latching onto Brachi to retain any form of stability.

"Stop this!" Brachi said, her voice shifting to a few of her fusees in the process.

Memories flashed through Raune's head. Only worsening his spiral of regrets. He was out of commission for this part, at least until something jarrs him out of it.

Kassava yelped as Spina's discolored form crashed into her, the remaining force maintaining the barrier collapsing and allowing whatever little energy was left protecting the space from the sea of words to dissipate away. She tumbled across the empty floor, and only a second later, the words came barrelling and smashing down onto her. She had managed to reach out and grasp onto one of Spina's legs with one arm, the other reaching out and slamming down into the ground once the barrage of letters and words continued.

Her eyes lifted, making out the image of the scene in front of her, seeing the development with wide eyes. Her shout rang out from her immediate vicinity, but unless someone was within ten feet of her, it was silenced by the sea.

"Vegetto!!"

===================

Vegetto's eyes widened, the entire movement's of the Librarian blasting through the shield too fast for him to track. His body rocketed back a step from the impact of her stab, his arms instinctively flying forward and letting out a pained gasp.

His eyes were wide to the brim, grimacing and coughing audibly at the change. Much to his confusion, no blood came out of his mouth, only blue and orange colored vapor as the cracks began to form. Vegetto barely could register his environment, dropping down to his right knee as he trembled, his weak arms attempting to pull the Librarian's arm out of his chest by her forearm and failing to move her at all.

Unngh...wh..what is...this?!

Vegetto turned his chin up, diverting his focus at the sound of Vegeta's words off a few feet away. The explanation only fueled his panic even further, desperately yet slowly slamming his hands down onto the Librarian's forearm instead of trying to pull her out to no avail. He cringed heavily, his mind racing.

Think..think...I can't...let my body...break down!

His eyes widened a bit, a memory more recent flashing in his head of Whis raising his pointer finger with a warm smile.

"-thanks to Ultra Instinct, I was able to weave through your trap because even my molecules reacted for themselves..."

Vegetto hacked a bit, his nostrils flaring with a pained grunt.

Have..to...stop my body...from falling apart. Come back...molecules...

His formerly blue pupils suddenly dilated, forming a second ring around the original circle. Despite the black and white coloring, a small shine still glinted in the new pupil design as a searing silver flame suddenly erupted from underneath the black and white warrior caught in the Librarian's trap, engulfing his entire body. The strange voice roared out along with the flames, Vegetto's body trembling as both of his gloved hands gripped tightly onto the Librarian's forearm again, his fingers digging deep.

"C̷͜O̴̝M̸̡E̵̯ ̴͔B̷̲A̷̳C̵̞K̶̙!̶̻"

As the flame surged violently, the cracks along Vegetto's body began to slowly recede. Vegetto panted heavily, his narrowed eyes regaining the shining silver first, the color in his body slowly re-saturating in his intense struggle to regain control and attempting to pull the Librarian's arm out of his chest.

==================

Whis perked his eyebrows, having stood silent in Doctor Doom's questioning for a moment. He leaned forward slightly, looking past the lettering with a furrowed set of eyebrows.

"Oh my. I didn't think he'd be able to pick up on it so quickly: it took centuries for me to learn how to call upon every single little fiber of my being using Ultra Instinct. Yet Vegetto...perhaps the Librarian's attack has spurred him past his limits..."

He finally peered back over to Doctor Doom, somewhat bewildered and blinking once before speaking.

"Oh I'm sorry, did you say something?"

Amaterasu watched with interest as she saw this, meanwhile Snow felt the energy and teleported himself to it then to kassava with a sword out. He glared at the Librarian before cutting her arm off that was holding spina and grabbing her and pushing the Librarian up.  "You will no longer harm my friends!!"

"I wouldn't call any of them my 'pupils,' but I can only guess that only one or two of them will be able to evade the Librarian and fix this mess. The ones that were deconstructed first have served as the examples of the consequences." Bernkastel deadpanned, steepling her nails over the armrests of her chair. "It's a frightening ability indeed, but with everything else, there are limitations. Provided they allow themselves the chance to exploit it of course."

"I wasn't expecting Vegetto to keep it together though. Perhaps he really can go even further beyond... He might be just what our detective needs to catch the monstress off guard if he stalls her long enough. At least until the others remaining are able to intercept her safely."

Doctor Doom narrowed his eyes at the sudden explosion of power Vegetto released within him; it caused the armored man to slightly positioning the chair to get a better look, anticipating what will happened next. “He managed to bypass deconstruction by activating that. How is this possible?”

“That’s the power of Saiyans. Once they are back to the corner, something amazing happens to their bodies to get out just in any situation!” The voice chimed in before Whis can respond. “At first glance, they don’t look much, because once in battle, they’re amazing adaptable creature to any form of threat!” Voice turns to observed Vegetto’s form; the rising aura flowing of his body; his striking silver hair spiked up, moving slowly from the surge of energy. “Look at that color, observed that firm, but steady pose, feel its intense pressure… doesn’t that just send a chill down your spine?”

“Phoning it in won’t make an impression to Doom.” Doom did not look at the voice. “However, there is some truth on the limitless potential of Saiyans, but let has observe if that limitless pool is enough.” He told Lich, Bernkastel, Whis and the voice.

========

The Librarian widened her eyes, in shock that he was able to prevent deconstruction, forcing her arm out of his chest. She took a step back, nervous that someone managed to halt her ability. Frustrated, another arm came out of her back and bolted towards Vegetto, but Snow interrupted her with a sudden strike, flinging her up in the air, towards the now seen ceiling, as she gritted in pain. Due to Snow cutting her arm, her other, two arms released Brachi and Bara, but the effects are still there—the only way to revert it is to stop the Librarian. 

“That’s Ultra Instinct!” Detective Vegeta broke his concentration of gathering energy. “If Vegetto has that, does that mean he participated in the tournament of power, or achieved it in another way? For some reason, it feels different, too different.”

The detective noticed he can clearly see the ceiling; the explosion Vegetto erupted earlier send the words away for a considerable amount of distance—but if they do not act fast, the words will come flooding in instantly once the shock waves dies down; it reaches so far, it reach to Cuki's location.

=====

Demi-Fiend landed on ground. “That’s one way to break run-ons, Vegetto got gone white again.” 

“Hey, Demon-Kid!” The detective shouted. “Vegetto made a gap around us! Get everyone out of here quickly towards the surface! We’re handle this from here!”

“You’re the boss, Doc Brown!” Demi-Fiend rushes towards Kassava, Spina and Snow, quickly grabbing them. “I think that’s all of them…” He pressed his legs hard on the floor, making a powerful leap towards the surface. However, the chains of heavens latched onto Snow’s leg, instantly pulling down; this goes unnoticed with Demi-Fiend; either out of lack of awareness or lack of care, and it most definitely the latter.

Landing on the surface, Demi-Fiend dropped the two onto the floor. “Alright, that’s done… I got everyone out of here; yep, everyone.” Demi-Fiend noticed that they landed next to Raune, prompt him to pick up his lifeless body. “Hey! What the heck happened to you?” He started to slap him repeatedly. “Don’t tell me you fallen asleep.” Demi-Fiend continues to slap him. "Feels like I'm missing someone.... but who..."

===== 

The Detective landed on the floor. “Alright Vegetto, I don’t know if you can understand anything I’m saying, but we need to lure the Librarian away from this spot so I can use this sound-disabling device. Don’t try to fight it… we don’t know what will happened if deconstruction affects Ultra Instinct.” Vegeta’s body tensed up, steamed came out of his body as a blazing red aura appeared in small bursts. Suddenly, he jumped out of the way when the Librarian slammed the bind Snow onto the ground with the chains. 

“You…. YOU!” She signal Vegetto out, as multiple arms came out of her back. “Talkers in the sanctity of a library… are unforgivable!” She lifted her gigantic claw in attempt to overwhelm his body using her deconstruction ability, launching it towards him. 

“Let’s move! Kaio-Ken times 50!” Vegeta’s body burst with high energy; his speed increased massively as he shifted to left. That God of Destruction and Gotenks should be nearby, if they can join in of luring the Librarian, assuming Vegetto doesn’t engage, we can make this work. The detective thought to himself.

While the arms were removed, the effects still lingered within both Brachi and Majin Bara, with the Majin trying her best to stabilize herself, latching onto Brachi's body for support, while at the same time, Brachi was trying her best to keep her own body together, her power fluctuating greatly at this.

At the same time, a purple sphere of Destruction was approaching the Librarian at high speed, intending to impact near her in lieu of a warning. Gervene had seen what had happened to Brachi and Majin Bara, having detected their current distress, and this did not please her one bit. Her purple aura of destruction blazing around her, which would shield her from any conventional attacks, she went towards the Librarian, intending to inflict damage on her if she did not stop her uncalled for attacks on her friends now.

Whis' lips half rose in a small smile, his eyes turning the side at Doctor Doom's comments. He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped at the Voice answering Doctor Doom's question before he could. His eyes instantly narrowed, and for the first time, cast a small glare down at the Voice for a few moments. His normal demeanor soon returned, however, his eyes turning back down the development below with his typical warm smile.

==========================

With the Librarian's small retreat, Vegetto sauntered forward from the sudden release in pressure. He quickly straightened up, however, the immense heat and steam flaring out in every direction in tensing his arms. The sharp, strong glare remained locked on the Librarian, the silver flames rising out dramatically as the fusion's lips rose into an almost sinister grin.

"Y͖̼o̼͈̲̞͓u͖̲̤ ͙͙͙̼l̟̮o̙̖̱̳̣o͔̖͇k͕̜̜͖̦ͅ ̰p͙̹̹͎r̰e̱͔t̠̝͉t̪͕̹y̯̜ ̘̖̗̯s̪̙ṱr̤̼̼̤ͅo̰̳̜ͅn̼͔̟g.̻"

However, Detective Vegeta soon landed next to him, and in his explanation, Vegetto's smirk instantly dropped into an agitated frown. The sharp silver eyed glare never once left the Librarian through the warning, but his arm muscles tensed and the silver flames rose slightly to accentuate his annoyance. However, Vegetto's eyes twitched suddenly, his body trembling in a random show of struggle in closed mouth grunts. His eyes fluttered immensely, soon closing entirely as the man slowly inhaled through his nose.

The wind and fire surging around him diminished slightly in volatile nature, the flames losing the typical erratic and explosive flair for a swirling, almost water like effect. Rays of light cascade up from the aura near his feet towards his head, flowing gently into his nose like air as Vegetto finished inhaling deeply. The tension along his entire body visibly relaxed, and what little raw output was lost in the sensation of his aura was made up dramatically in the sheer intensity of pressure and heat radiating from Vegetto's immediate vicinity. Silver energy spilled off his pupils as Vegetto's eyes slowly reopened, exhaling steam from his nostrils in preparation to move forward.

============================

Kassava winced, dropping to the floor once the explosive aura knocked back the letters and words skyward. She barely had time to register what happened, colliding with the hard ground on the surface after Demi-Fiend had dropped her and Spina off with a loud thud.

She grunted, rubbing her backside while she rose to her feet, turning back around towards the fight. Her eyes narrowed, glaring down at Demi-Fiend trying to "wake" Raune.

"He's dead, idiot."

She barely waited for a response, her eyes shifting across the way to the Librarian, Detective Vegeta, Vegetto, and Brachi's group struggling against the deconstruction. Her eyes landed only on Vegetto, watching the change slowly take hold.

"Vegetto..."

=============================

Whis' smile rose slightly, his tone radiating with warm satisfaction as he spoke after Vegetto finished his minor transformation.

"At last, he's found the harmony of body and spirit. Working together to overcome a threat neither one can defeat on their own."

His eyes soon lifted off Vegetto and turned to the side, looking down at Cuki.

"But on its own, it still won't be enough. He has come together, but so must the team if they hope to overcome this opponent."

==============================

As the claw slammed down into the floor, Vegetto vaulted to the right away from Detective Vegeta, rapidly flipping onto his fleet on the floor a few feet away. His right hand shot up, five silver spheres forming at the ends of each finger as he suddenly flung pellet sized little blasts across the open sky in nearly every direction. The little balls of energy floated high above the battleground, scattered out with his own energy signature attached to them and floating as far away as the surface while Vegetto slowly lifted his lips into a smirk, his dual voice ringing out instead of the strange voice from before while he raised his left arm, waving on the Librarian instead of charging in.

"What's the matter; is this as fast as you can swing? You're gonna have to do better than that if you want me to stop talking!"

"What an interesting turn of events. I wasn't expecting this at all." Bernkastel admitted with a lopsided smile as she watched Vegetto's form shift into a more controllable state that was more like himself than the strange entity's voice from before. "What about her?" Hearing Whis's comment, she narrowed her eyes to peer out at the word-ocean, only able to tell Cuki's location based on where and how the words shifted from something moving in it. "Wonder what's got her attention all of a sudden."

================

The ringing noise that Cuki heard briefly went silent before starting up again. The sudden impact of things messing around with the composition of the surface caused the source of the noise to shift in its location. If Cuki were to follow it, the noise appeared to localize near the randomly abandoned possessions that were floating around the surface earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom