The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raune looked on in horror at Bern’s attempt to preform a miracle, and seeing it failing so badly.

“Even destiny manipulation failing? That’s, means only one thing.” Raune said. “All the possible futures are gone, washed away. We’re locked into this path, to succeed or fail. No other options.” He ignored Cuki’s scolding and just ate in horrified silence.

Spina could not believe the words coming out of Bernkastel’s mouth. The Witch of Miracles was able to do some amazing feats, such as forcing Demi-Fiend to stand down, succeeding in eliminating the imposter and even summon Doom during the initial meeting. Yet, even she had failed to summon the man himself to appear.

“I would not put it past you that you’re more eager for these trials to play itself out and watch us scramble around like idiots.” Spina gritted his teeth, checking out the dinner meals prepared by Vegetto. He lifted up a fork, jamming it within the noodles. “Nevertheless… the Angel is on to something—there’s got to be a good reason for why he’s specifically targeting our universes.” He slurped the noodles, his nerves calming after getting something in his belly. 

“The strong… quite a frightful group…” He continues to consume more of Vegetto’s special ramen. “Hmm, this is quite delicious; never seen this type of food on my home world… nor in this place either.” 

--

“Why thank you Cuki. At least you understand my situation better than these hot-headed beef guys.” The voice turned around, noticing the ramen Vegetto had prepared for them to eat, but he was quite disappointed. “You were taking forever in the kitchen and the best thing you can cook is ramen!?” The voice said, taking a snip. “W-well, it’s good at least…”

--

“Can I have seconds?” Demi-Fiend raised his hand, red stains from remnants of the ramen was around his mouth. “Looks like Cuki might have some competition…” He places his foot on top of Maggie. “Hey, hey, I wouldn’t be talking so high and mighty right now.” 

Demi-Fiend turns to the rest of the group. "It's like the speedy guy said, even the strong can be taken down. Now you know the reality of your situation, what's the game plan? The trials is coming up pretty soon, teamwork stills need some fine tuning and Shonen gets to practice that Ultra Vision thing he was yapping about earlier."

"Well, you aren't wrong about that-- but now I just know I have more of a personal stake in this than I initially thought." Bernkastel said. "Though, just because we are locked into path doesn't mean I still can't bring out a Miracle of success for us. It just happens to be more difficult to achieve; you simply have no choice but to prevent our chances of success from becoming impossible." The witch held up her pointer finger that still held the sewing needle and flicked it down toward Maggie to plant itself between her eyes. "Not that you could understand, you insipid pile of stuffing." She said with a sneer. "I even took the liberty of fixing you after my kitties tore you up-- why don't you show a little gratitude?"

Since she had never eaten ramen before, she just observed what the others were doing and mimicked them. "Oh... I'm also a fan of the broth... it's a good dish, especially the chicken. It goes down smoothly, just how I like it." Wiping her mouth with a napkin, she said, "As for our strategy, it looks like we will have to spend the rest of our time left to train in fixing these issues Voice managed to find. We also have to give you all at least some preparation for a the trials being hosted on my behalf-- I think it will be a good way to exercise your minds without straining yourselves physically like you have the terrible habit of doing."

The lich thinks still eating "It will be more amusing if I don't correct them on this."

Maggie shoved Demi-Fiend's foot off of her and hissed at his arrogance. She let out a scream when Bernkastel jabbed the sewing needle between her eyes and rolled over in pain on the Witch's lap. After a moment or so, Maggie stopped flailing about and whined at the needle stabbed right in her face. She grumbled to herself at the situation she was put in and sat obediently on Bernkastel's lap. She looked like she was about to cry but was refusing to show emotion.

"F-Fine... I'll show some gratitude." Maggie mumbled. "Get this stupid needle out of my face or else I'll haunt everyone in their sleep. Errm... Except you, Bernkastel. I rather not be a scratch toy for your four-legged hairballs..."

=====

Upon finishing her bowl of ramen, Cuki began to listen to the others adore Vegetto's food. The more the others praised his food, the more her jealousy rose. When Demi-Fiend said that she had competition, Cuki instantly crushed the chopsticks in her hand and puffed her cheeks. She threw her broken chopsticks to Demi-Fiend and rose from her seat with her head held high. Apparently, she thought very highly of her cooking if she was getting so flustered.

"Hmph! What would a kid like you know about good food anyway?!" Cuki's cheeks turned red out of anger. "Pineapple-Head's food may taste decent, but there's something missing!" 

Cuki grabbed her bowl and stood on top of the chair, holding the bowl out in the air.

"Yes, the ultimate ingredient that separates amateurs like Mr. Vegetto and legends like me!" Cuki's eyes sparkled as she stepped onto the table and took the concept of cooking too seriously. "If this is all it takes to satisfy your simple tastes, then I will show you all the real art and beauty of top quality meals! Especially you, Mr. Whis! I will guide your taste buds to utopia and expose you to the brilliant world of my culinary expertise!"

(Japanese "oooooiii!" sound in the background with a wave splashing on some cliffs clique.)

Vegetto sat with his arms crossed, his flat expression barely changing despite the approval from the others. His eyes shifted to the Voice first, narrowing slightly but shook his head shortly after, holding his tongue. He did, however, turn his head slightly towards Amaterasu once she praised his cooking, bowing his head slightly and lightening his expression.

The flat, near scowl returned shortly after as he watched Cuki spring up onto the table and proclaim her superiority. He held a frown for most of her speech, but at the very end when she proclaimed her goal of turning Whis, Vegetto's lips rose into a confident smirk and he crossed his arms over his blue and orange suit.

"Ha...good luck. Whis is my most loyal supporter, and there's no way your second rate cooking can turn him from-"

"Splendid!!"

Vegetto's confident smirk instantly vanished, his eyes widening at the sight of Whis smiling brightly while he excitedly clapped his hands together.

"This dish was absolutely devine, my dear. I look forward to seeing you top Vegetto's secret ramen recipe!"

Vegetto narrowed his eyes, turning his glare back to Cuki. He soon found his confidence again, his smirk returning as he spoke.

"Fine...so be it. No one has ever topped my special recipe in Whis' eyes, and he has sampled dishes from beyond even our universe. Your mediocre cook book doesn't stand a chance."

Kassava rolled her eyes, leaning back in her seat and crossing her arms while she turned slightly towards Amaterasu.

"Oh great...these two are going to go at it all night."

Amaterasu sighed and said "Well, at least Snow isn't joining in. He tends to be very explosive in arguments, to the point of where we had to rebuild several cities. It was very annoying. Also, Kassava, I'm feeling something related to time off your energy. Whats that about?"

Raune looked ready to comment on a strategy to defeat Doom, but whatever thoughts he had were lost in seeing Cuki getting angry. Watching her filled with anger made him uneasy, leaning back evasively. He looked over to Vegetto, hoping this all would get her anger in check.

“I would pay to see that!” Demi-Fiend joined in the fun after Cuki’s sudden boast about her culinary skills. “The simplicity of the average meal can do wonders with variety of flavors and additions—that Blue Man might have tasted everything in your reality, but he has yet to taste the food in other, countless realities.” Demi-Fiend pointed out. 

“You two can kill each other arguing over who the better cook about foods after the trials, alright?” Spina sweated a bit. “We have more important things to worry about than this. Besides, you two won’t even come close to my level of delicious cook meats.” Spina added a bit at the end there, stroking a bit of his own ego, while maintaining a calm demeanor. 

After finishing his portion of the meal, Spina stood up, letting out a huge burp. “Well, that was a lot of taking in. I guess the meal managed to calm everything down since had we known about this earlier.” He turns to Bernkastel. “I assumed you have something planned for tomorrow, eh Witch of Miracles?” Spina asked. “Regardless of your answer, I’m going to head home for now. I definitely need to find some new clothes now.”

“Eh? You don’t live here?” Demi-Fiend asked.

“No, I never had the chance to go home after being knocked out a couple of times because of you lots.” Spina joked. “Now that the Lich healed me… I can finally go home. Besides, there are too many people around here, taking up space…” 

“Well, before you run off…” The voice said after lifting his face from the blow—his mouth covered with juices. “Now you all understand the situation you’re in, right. I ought to say you start rethinking how you’re reproaching this and start working with your teammates. Otherwise you all stuck here and your universes are completely fucked. Oh and your pathetic friends and families are gone forever too! So there’s that.” By instinct, the voice drifted near Cuki just in case someone tried to grabbed him again.

---

A strange light appeared before the sky, hurling towards the apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom