The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow nodded and said "Yea, I am." He then went to a couch and meditated to communicate with the other parts of his soul.

Amaterasu said "Universe 932, and there it is vastly different than here. One thing is that my husband and kids are the only saiyans."

Gotenks listened intently as the others spoke.

Standard power? How strong are these guys? And I still don't get why I can't sense some of these guys' energies. Celestial beings or not I'm pretty sure they have to emit some sort of ki. If I train with these guys and ever do go home hopefully I'll power up enough to stop Junior.

He watched on as he saw the images of the other universes. He grit his teeth.

"That sounds insane. It's bad enough he can destroy one universe but multiple at once. I've never heard of such power." the fusion spoke out.

He then looked over at the voice.

"Yo, pardon for asking this but how did you lose your 'original form?' You're like the supreme overlord of this place or whatever. Couldn't you have just vaporized that Doom guy?"

He then held up his hands and let out a nervous laugh.

"Again, no disrespect oh great one." he sweatdropped.

Raune looked at the Voice laughing, and decided he had enough of the pink ball's crap. Grabbing him and pulling him close, he spoke right into his face.

"I don't give a damn how funny you find our failures, how funny you find us squabbling as children, or even our helplessness against Doom. Go ahead and laugh, but remember when this is said and done you're still nothing but an empty monster. What do you have beyond basic sadistic motivations?" He scoffed. "Don't even lie as an answer, the both of us know it's nothing. Now." He sat back down and became more tranquil, though no less angry.

"The best case scenario is making these tools erase Doom instead. We've surpassed morality at this point. It's kill or be killed with him, and any action no matter how much it damns your soul, is worth any cost if it means stopping him." He glanced to Bern and then the Lich. "As for the strong, well. Despite everything you're saying Voice, the strong can be beaten by surpassing limits. You see, they may be strong enough to simply will whatever they want into existance, but anything is killable if you know how. The mere fact that you think that us working as a team can degrade their focus enough, their will enough to give us a chance to beat them, shows even the mightest of beings can be toppled. If this Doom has a body, we can break it."

“So that’s the good ol’ Doctor’s plan? Complete erasure of worlds?” Demi-Fiend saw all the images from each of their respective worlds, including his own reality. “Ah, it’s a good riddance anyways. It is a total stink-hole for the most part; sucks for the rest of you guys though.” 
Spina turned to the voice and tried to demand answers; however, Raune had already grabbed the pink ball before he could ask any further questions.

The voice, struggling, pulled away from Raune; he was sweating of how fast he swipes him without warning. “My motivations are clear…” He sweated a bit on the side of his cheeks. “The tools are the gateway to restore my body… and maybe.” He wagged his finger in front of the speedster. “Your worlds might be save. Giving me threats won’t do you any good now would it, eh?”

The voice coughed for a full ten seconds from the sudden gripe around his throat. “Perhaps you folks did not take this seriously beforehand, but with Doom’s motivations clear and presented to you folks in full, you have no choice to dilly around and picking fights. That is where the mental strength should come in. So, yes, I do think that you bunch of chumps might able to defeat Doom, but Bernkastel nor I can assure that. Only you can see the path of defeating him.” 

The voice turns to Gotenks asking him about his status of his body. “Well, that’s quite a long story… but I lost my body due to odd circumstances and since then I haven’t been able to do anything for thousands of years. I wouldn’t call myself a supreme being, haha!” The voice liked the sound of that title. “I can’t do much in this state… Doom is beyond of what I’m capable now and of course, he wouldn’t let the other “strong” participate in this fight either.” 

“So the tools… if someone uses it to destroy something, that’s it…” Spina mumbled to himself. “What’s his purpose then?” He turns to Bernkastel. “Can’t you like just make a miracle by making Doom stop the bet and bring us the tools himself?”

Bernkastel listened to Spina's request and took her gaze off Maggie that had been resting in her lap. "Hmm... well, my magic is more complex than manipulation of someone's autonomy, but I'll humor you for now." She lifted up her palm and attempted to form the same crystalline shard to grant them a miracle like the last time, but it didn't happen nearly as instantly.

In fact, it wouldn't form at all.

"What the... Is the probability that low?..." Bernkastel muttered, her eyebrows knitted in agitation. "Hnngh..."

She continued with all the focus she could muster for a few more minutes. Probably the longest minutes she's had to endure in a long time. The most the witch could do was force a few particles to come together, but they soon broke into fine dust-- she couldn't even realize the miracle with a mere statement. It was no good.

"Doom's certainly someone with a strong will and might, but I didn't anticipate it would be this unwavering..." She looked at Spina with a grave expression. "Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do. The probability of the Trials being cancelled like that is already low, but... his willingness to hand over the tools without doing the Trials at all... is absolute zero. I can't... grant you the miracle you want," Bernkastel said, exasperated.

Vegetto perked his eyebrow, watching Soul leave the kitchen after handing him the sliced meat. He shook his head lightly, glancing away.

Hmph...that guy is weird.

His attention turned back down to the rest of the preparations, ignoring the sounds from the others across the way.

===================

Whis' eyes glanced around at the various reactions, his expression mostly flat for a moment while he thought silently to himself. His eyes then slowly narrowed, eyeing the Voice next. He looked him over for a few seconds, before slowly turning his attention towards Bernkastel.

"It is interesting that the probability is absolute: all desire and will can be swayed if the interest is lacking. With that in mind, the worlds you've depicted are very specific to each individual here in the room. Either Doom wants to annihilate everything that strongly...or he's potentially more interested in this team than he has let on."

===================

Kassava leaned back into her chair.

"Wow...932, huh? Are you one of the gods there too? Normal mortals don't usually know the number of their universe, so you must be someone important there, right?"

Her head turned slightly, however, watching Vegetto emerge from the kitchen at the table with the others gathered around it. He held multiple bowls up along his arms, balancing them on his forearms up to his elbows while clutching onto the bottom of two bowls in each hand. Steam rose up from the confections, and Vegetto slowly bent forward to the table to pass out a bowl to each person.

"Dinner's ready. Without much time to prepare, I made a simpler dish called ramen in our universe."

He glanced over towards Whis, who eagerly beamed at the dish and pulled his bowl close.

"I normally serve it with red and green peppers, little bits of seaweed, a hard boiled egg cut into two slices, and chicken-"

Vegetto narrowed his eyes slightly towards Demi-Fiend.

"-but I substituted the chicken for steak for those of you that wanted red meat. The blood might dilute the flavor of the broth, however."

Whis perked up from his momentary ravaging of the noodles, his cheeks puffed and but able to speak clearly with a mouth full of food.

"The broth is absolutely splendid as always! The flavor and texture..."

Kassava frowned, crossing her arms.

"Why does he always get so worked up over the damn water in the bowl? It's nothing special."

Vegetto sighed, pulling up a chair in between Kassava and Brachi.

"It's how you cook the chicken. It adds an extra layer of gelatin that makes the broth heartier if you let the chicken simmer a bit."

He kept a flat expression, glancing towards Whis who continued to happily dig into his meal.

"That, with decent seasoning, quality noodles, and some extra toppings, and you turn his favorite microwave meal into a real entree."

Amaterasu nodded and said "I am one of the many gods in our universe, yes. Though, only one of the two main deities." She smiled, glad to have a friend here as she smiled and said to Vegetto "It looks delicious Vegetto. You did a very good job." She tried it and within moments had finished her bowl. Snow wasn't hungry, but instead was in his room, looking at the three treasures he managed to save from his universe, the kusanagi no tsuguri, yata no kagami, and the yasakani no magatama. He said "I wonder what she will say when she realizes I have them for her." He then pondered about the other choice he was going to make, and it would be one he regrets for the rest of his days.

"Now now..." Cuki said as she gently took Voice into her hands, petting his head. "Mr. Voice may be a thorn in our foot, but hurting him won't change anything. He's right when he says we need to get those tools back from Mr. Doom before he destroys our homes... If he's capable of that much power, who knows what else he can do by simply snapping his fingers." 

Cuki let out a small sigh until she noticed the food Vegetto placed on the table. She didn't seem pleased with the food until she noticed Whis eating his bowl with delight. Her cheeks puffed with jealousy as she leaned over to take a small sniff of the bowl and the unique aromas and still wasn't impressed. Taking a hold of her chopsticks, Cuki began to poke and prod at the chicken and vegetables to see if everything was cooked as it should be. Her gaze turned back to Whis and his love for the plate.

Hmph, I don't see what's so great about a stupid bowl of soup... Cuki thought to herself. I bet my food is ten times better anyway. Whis said he really liked my food so I know he would probably pick my food over some simple soup dish...

Cuki rolled her eyes and scoffed before taking a piece of chicken and ate it. She remained silent for a while as she stared blankly at the bowl. It was a while before she began to eat the food, however, the look on her face was full of jealousy and denial. It was obvious that she ate quickly to avoid showing her interest in the food.

"Hmph... guess the pineapple can cook. Still an amateur when it comes to my cooking." Cuki mumbled softly to herself with a full mouth. 

=======

"I guess Lil' Miss Kettles isn't the miracle worker the short monkey girl said she was!" Maggie mocked. "Maybe I shouldn't be so worried about you after all! Errm... but your cats sure have sharp claws and teeth. I hate to be caught in those again..."

Maggie sat patiently on Bernkastel's lap.

"Either Lil' Kettles is a joke or that Doom guy is stronger than all of you combined."

The lich says before starting on his meal "thanks for the meal." The lich eats the meal properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom