The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having already laid out the ingredients across the table counter next to the stove, Vegetto rolled up his sleeves as he set up a few pots for boiling. He narrowed his eyes, having jumped first into cutting out some red and green peppers he laid out, his hands whizzing by with the large knife he grasped onto as he chopped.

He perked his eyes slightly at the sound of Snow's voice, his dual voice mostly flat in response.

"Here, you can cut up the meat."

Vegetto leaned down towards the open refrigerator shelf on the bottom, pulling out a couple of sacks of raw beef and tossing it up to the counter closest to Snow.

"I normally don't put steak bits into the ramen, but we'll see how he likes blood mixing with his miso soup. Come get me when it's done: I'll need to marinade it my special way since I didn't have time to prep anything here."

He promptly turned back towards the peppers, pushing them into a small bowl with the knife before he reached up into the cabinet and pulled down a few sacks of egg noodles.

=================

Whis gently pulled out a chair at the table next to Bernkastel, sitting down to join the group and remaining mostly passive throughout the conversation. His eyes perked slightly at Spina's mention of the Tournament, smiling slightly.

"Oh my, you were at the Tournament of Power? Which universe did you represent?"

==================

Kassava had already sat at the table, next to Gotenks and Brachi. Her eyebrow twitched in annoyance at Demi-Fiend's multiple grandma insults, raising her voice slightly with a glare towards him.

"I'm not a grandma, you pompous little shit! Besides, even if I could move time forward...which I can't because it's not that simple, what makes you think any of us are even ready to fight that Doom guy? He'd probably kick your ass just as hard as everyone else here the first time."

She crossed her arms, her glare intensifying slightly while she lowered her voice nearly to a whisper.

"Damn kid...I need a drink."

Kassava then leaned back in her seat, waving towards the kitchen with Vegetto and Snow.

"Yooohoooo~ Waiter...get me a couple of beers, would ya?"

Her eyebrows perked up, however, noticing Amaterasu and breaking out into a wide smile at her request.

"Sure, pull up a chair!"

She leaned back slightly, peering around Amaterasu again as she raised her voice again.

"Waiter...dear...make it two beers!"

"I like to sew, it's fun for me-- idle hands are the devil's workshop after all. Why, do you not like my stitchwork?" Bernkastel looked down at Maggie before taking her right thumbnail and effortlessly cut through the stitching on the doll's other arm. "--Oops. My finger slipped." She said without a change in her flat expression. "Looks like I'm rusty." Going back to her sewing, she had nothing important to say besides listening to the conversation as Gotenks would become more acquainted with the others. Reality City piqued her interest, although she was more concerned with what Voice had to say during dinner.

Snow nodded and began cutting up the meat, deciding to take his time as he wanted to see what Vegetto really thought of him as a person, despite knowing almost nothing, which would change soon hopefully. Amaterasu sat next to Kassava and decided to ask "So, sorry if I seem a little nervous, but I'm new to making friends as I never really had any before."

Future Gotenks looked at Spina.

"If there's even a slight possibility of making it out then I'll take it. I can't let that monster in my universe win." he said. "I think I'm pretty strong myself but from what I'm hearing you guys definitely sound like some strong ass dudes."

The fusion smiled at Spina and then at the others.

"Well, I'm a half-saiyan fusion between Goten and Trunks, sons of Goku and Vegeta. It's actually weird how many fusions lived in my universe. Not only was there me but there was also my cousin, Troten, who is also a fusion of Goten and Trunks but he was fused via Potara instead of the fusion dance. Then of course there's my uncle Vegetto as well my dad Gogeta who did the fusion dance like me." he started chuckling as he eased up with the others now. "Then my dad and uncle created female clones of themselves called Jitto and Goggie. Of course they made clones of me and Troten named Trotina and Gotenksha. It's really complicated I don't even know how any of that worked. It's like a bad fanfiction."

The fusion made a deep sigh.

"Too bad it's Troten now since I'm gone too. I hope he's alright."

He looked over at the kitchen and crossed his arms.

"It's been a long day I'm the mood for a Hetap..."

Spina blinked once followed by a moment in silence. “R-right…” He responded in confusion. “I did not follow any of that… it is one thing that these two have a different path, but yours is one a different level of scale.” He addressed Gotenks’ universe. “Nevertheless, that’s basically the situation. No way of getting around that.”

He turns to Whis. “If I recall, it was referred as Universe 7. They needed 10 fighters, which they did, but apparently, one of them had to drop out due to some circumstances. Therefore, I ended up replacing them after Beerus and…. You, at least, an alternate version of yourself, forced me onto the team.” Spina scratches his right side of his cheek. “That’s where I saw that power of these guys… I could not feel it, but it feel odd. We’re essentially playthings for these beings in the end. Anyways..”

Spina continued. “That marks the first time I met the Prince and Kakarotto. Didn’t think any other Saiyans exist… especially across the damn multiverse and now, multiple damn timelines from what you’re saying. After the Tournament of Power was all and over with, I just went back to my planet. I never seen anything like fusions, soulless beings or…” 

--

“So in other words, your abilities are practically useless.” Demi-Fiend chuckled. “And bring some juice too!”

--

“And water as well. Water is an important refreshment aside from sugary drinks.” Voice commented on. He sniffed the air, sensing that the food is undergoing preparations. “Well, I suppose this is a good time to start the evaluation… Someone drag Raune in here. The Lich should be able to heal him in perfect condition.”

The lich says as he is reading his book "no need the regeneration spell I cast on you lot still has some time, so by now he is completely healed." Raune is completely healed.

Cuki listened to Gotenks's story and widen her eyes at his situation in his universe, she cleared her throat at the awkwardness of it all and decided to head to Raune and pull him into the conversation like Voice wanted. She sat Raune on a chair next to her and shook him gently to try and wake him up.

"Psst, hey Raune, you doing okay? Time to wake up, dinner should be ready soon." Cuki wiggled her tail by his nose to make him sneeze. "Mr. Voice is gonna rate us or something."

====

"Okay!" Maggie whimpered. "Please don't break my stitches! Your sewing is wonderful, no, perfect!"

Raune didn't open his eyes but did tilt his head.

"Thanks." He remarked to the Lich without much effort, before moving his head to face Cuki, eyes still closed.

"Well he can do it as I'm thinking. I've got nothing to add to all of this anyways."

“Now that we have everyone present, with the exception of Vegetto and Snow, I’m going to begin the evaluation of the sparring earlier today.” The Voice took a moment to look at everyone before resuming. “And don’t be offended or alarm of what’s going to come in this evaluation; any conversations you were having now, stops.” 

After the warning, the Voice pointed his finger to all the fighters that participated in the sparring, but placed heavy emphasis on Brachi. 

“It was a rough start at the beginning. Brachi, you instantly charged into the battle without even consoling with your teammates. You were more concern of the wellbeing of your friend that you completely lost the point of the objective. Even after you managed to wise up and begin to follow their footsteps, you either stand aside in the sidelines whenever Vegetto is in the picture—you fail to acknowledge the well-being of your other comrades. Unless it Bara or Vegetto, you won't care about their condition.”

The voice turns to Spina.

“And you… you have a tendency of throwing yourself into the battle and not thinking about the consequences. You think just because you do not have to worry about death, means that you can continue as long as you want; the body still has limits and I am sure you are very well aware of such. If the Lich wasn’t constantly healing you, you would be a dead-weight for everyone else. If this were a fight outside of this world, you would be dead a long time ago. Perhaps this realm has bloated your thinking that as long it doesn’t stop you from moving, who cares, right?” 

The voice turns to Cuki.

“You have a sense of arrogance on your part. It is undeniable that you have a strong will and determination; you often force yourself into a leadership role without actually observing the others’ skills or experience. Being rash is one thing, as it can cause the opponent to lose sight of what you are doing for, but if such rash decisions are not compatible with your allies, unaware of your tactics, just one mistake will tip everything off. For example, you presented Brachi multiple times to strike, but failed to act upon it—and that entire plan you hold fall into pieces; forcing you to improvise what you have at the moment. Do you think your opponent, like Doom, would allow such moment?” 

The voice turns to Raune.

“You actually managed to become a team player, but it seems that you do not the capabilities of relying information with your teammates. Your speed is an advantage but failed to utilize them in an efficient manner. When I turned the area into a scorched earth, this was the opportunity for the others to help you out of the situation. Though, despite that, you, Cuki and Spina managed to pull the major weight in this sparring.” 

The voice turns to Amaterasu and her children.

“Snow is not present, you can rely the information I’m going to give you. He is a unique case, but a total mystery. We know nothing about his abilities, his motivations nor his objectives. A team cannot function with a mysterious person with abilities that none of us understands in the slightest. Become more vocal, become more useful in terms of combat and maybe, just maybe, we might be able to turn this thing around.” 

The voice turns to Kassava and Whis.

“Since Vegetto is not present at the moment, I’m going to rely the information upon you two. While Vegetto is a definite team player and actually followed up Spina, Raune and Cuki’s tactics, I noticed something strange on in his new form… don’t know if he’s losing it in that state or what, but it will be a bit of problem if he can’t get that under control before Doom’s arrival. Furthermore, the over dependent of energy attacks can only go so far; once they are countered, what happens then?”

The voice paused for a moment before continuing. “Based on that, the team managed to pull itself together at the end, but it was rough throughout. There was no form of communication, understanding or anything of the sort. It was barely an average at best in that department, despite pulling off the win. At first, I assume is because technically, none of you are well acquainted with one another.” The voice said. “But that’s not the case at all… what I notice is the arrogance of the Saiyans—even you, Cuki.” Voice turns to Cuki, then back to the overall group again.

“You Saiyans must’ve assume that you can overcome any form of foe if you just simply train, polished your techniques or accessed to more powerful forms. But those are none of those matters to someone who is beyond such state.” 

Spina narrowed his eyes, speaking up. “You clearly don’t know anything about the Saiyans. We have broken through our limits against those that want to test our might. During the sparring training under Whis, as you were not present earlier, Vegetto and Cuki broke through their walls and became significantly strong. Back in my world, I witness a Saiyan rise to the realm of Gods in a short amount of time.” Spina said. “All we need is some more training and some focused teamwork, and we can overcome this. If we keep this up, we should be able to—” 

“That’s means absolutely nothing, Spina.” The voice interrupted Spina’s speech. “There’s a reason why I chose to place myself into this battle—to show the power differences can render anything form techniques or power ups as useless. You can change your hair, do that fusion thing or whenever, that is still nothing if your opponent can figure out your little trick. However, during a team battle, even the mightiest of foes can be taken down because their focus will automatically be lowered when dealing with multiple threats. The problem here is the pride of that power of yours. Recognition will not come unless they display some form of power, not through sheer raw strength, but expressing of searching for battles—anything else, you will ignore them.” The voice said.  

Spina remained silent. “So what are you saying, then?”

“I’m saying you guys are not even close to defeat Doom.” The voice said. “You can polished everything, train as hard can you can be and it will still amount to nothing.” The voice turns to Bernkastel and the Lich. “Don’t you two agreed? You both saw what happened in the spar.” He turns back to the group. "Do you lots understand the concept of strong?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom