The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demi-Fiend rubbed his chin, trying to remember when the Lich said about the trash. His eyes narrowed, snapping his fingers right after he recalled such event. “You’re right, Lich. After I summoned the doll, I tossed it to the trash afterwards.” He turns to the doll, a smirk that yields from being impressed form on his face. “You did all of this just because of that? You got some mighty balls for pulling off a stunt like that. It was quite funny how you were messing with Grandma over there.”

Demi-Fiend patted the doll on the head. “Do it again though and I won’t just throw you into the trash next time.” He went over to the kitchen table and took a seat along with the others. “So Shonen is going to cook us a meal as compensation for the dodgeball game, huh?” He referred Vegetto.

“Hey, Shonen!” He shouted for Vegetto to hear him. “When you took the meat, make sure some of it is rare! I like to taste the blood of the meat when I bite into it.”

----

As everyone approaches the table, aside from a few such as Raune to rest up, the Voice floats towards it and sit next to Bernkastel. He turns his sight to Gotenks who asked him a question, feeling cocky after he called him “Supreme Leader”.

“You got some excellent manners, Gotenks.” The voice responded. “I don’t know how you got here, but I assumed you might got the gist of the information, so I’ll just repeat myself here. Welcome to Reality Vortex, a realm where beings of nonexistence arrived. Everything you see is a result of countless realms throughout all possible and not possible realities.” He looks at the young fused warrior. “Unfortunately, Gotenks….” He chuckled a bit. “There is no escape. This realm is protected by a barrier that nullified any form of attacks—but you can try if you want too, but just letting you know, Vegetto tried that and it failed on him, miserably. Even if you somehow escape out of here, the moment you leave this dimension, there is nothing but permanent erasure from existence—you will not go home. Ever.”

Voice paused for a moment. “However, there might be a way around that… if I have my tools that can restore my body. However, the tools are now in possession a man who referred himself as Doctor Doom. He, too, came from another reality and suddenly appeared here a while ago. If you, and this ragtag group, somehow managed to get the tools, your odds of returning home might increase. Lucky for him, the Witch of Miracles, Bernkastel…” The voice pointed to her at the end of the table, sitting on the biggest chair. “Made a deal with Doom. If this group managed to beat four trials and best him at his strongest, he will give them the tools without trickery.”

“You know…” Spina sat down on the chair next to Cuki. “You never really explained the purpose of these tools. I heard rumors about them throughout the realm of their capabilities, but nothing concrete. What exactly does it entails, aside from restoring your body apparently?”
The voice smiled. “Well, I’m going to wait until Vegetto finished whipping out the feast. I want everyone and I mean everyone to be present.”

“Tsk…” Spina responded.

“If you want to chat it up, Spina, how about you explain the others about this realm more since you rudely interrupted me? You been here long enough…” The voice said.

Spina stared at the voice for a minute, before turning to Gotenks. “Reality Vortex is essentially limbo—no one can die here. You cannot age; you cannot be kill from natural causes; not even revival or teleportation can get you out of here. Your best bet is to get use to this place now.” Spina said. “The entire realm is nothing but complexity from all realities… if you venture deeper, you will meet plenty of people down there, but Reality City is the last places you want go right now—I know, since I been here for hundreds of years.”

---

"Speaking of realities... you say that we came from realities that doesn't exist..." Demi-Fiend said. "I mean, considering that most Saiyans came from a different incarnation of the same world... what about Bernkastel, Lich and I?"

Voice chuckled. "It seems that you were seemingly erased from existence or through "special means." This realm is strange, even I don't know it's... decision of bringing people here."

Future Gotenks listened intently to the others. He was taken aback by the info thrown at him.

"No escape?" he said. "That's stupid."

He turned to Spina and then dropped to floor anime style. 

"Hundreds of years?" he chuckled nervously. He quickly stood back up and looked back at the Voice. "Well, we're definitely doing the trial 
things right?"

The fusion stared at the ground grimly with his hands balled into fists.

"Look, I have to get back to my world. There is someone there who is threatening to destroy it. Me, along with a handful of people, are the only ones left who can fight back. You gotta help me out here."

"I've been here just a little over fifty years so I know enough to get by..." Cuki said in a low voice. "However, despite being here that long I barely know about this realm or its rules. It works in ways that cannot be predicted or anticipated properly, at least to my knowledge. In my times of solitude... I wrote down some interesting facts I found out about this realm while I tried to remember my place of originality."

Cuki stretched her arms and Saiyan tail before turning to face Gotenks directly.

"However, I'm afraid your universe will never see you again, no one will. I would love to help you but there is nothing we can do. It is impossible to leave this place, believe me, I've tried. There is no escape, even through death. This realm will continue to bring you back from death but the agony is still there. Mr. Gotenks, I think it would be wise to start getting used to your new life here..."

Cuki sounded slightly depressed when speaking about the other universes because she cannot remember her own. Before things got too personal for her, she decided to make the air less tense.

"But we never properly introduced ourselves, did we?" Cuki chuckled. "I was in such a rush I completely forgot my manners. You might know by now but this is my apartment and you are free to stay here as long as you don't make a mess or start fights."

"I would have left this boring world the minute I set foot here if I even had a slight possibility above 0% of escaping it-- a Voyager Witch like me can pass through all sorts of worlds with ease, but this place is different. I can't leave it; in fact, I don't even remember how I got here." Bernkastel chimed in, keeping her hands occupied with repairing Maggie's torn up arm and sewing it back onto the doll's shoulder. "Oh, and don't diligently count the days you're here. If you ever get out, you'll end up driving yourself mad with grief over how much time you lost."

"Since you're as stubborn as your friends here, then by all means, join in on the Trials. If we win, I get to secure the tools from Doctor Doom and let Voice help your problems. Though," She paused, "I must warn that you ought to consider what you're getting yourself into. Things may not play out exactly as you envision them." Bernkastel snickered.

Snow, seeing the interaction between Kassava and Vegetto (Could honestly have misspelled that) Went into the kitchen and asked "Hey Vegetto, you want help with this?" He knew it would take a lot of food to feed 5 full sayians, 3 demi-saiyans, a demonic warrior, a witch, an angel, a goddess, a speedster and himself.

Amaterasu on the otherhand, went to Kassava and asked "I was wondering if you want to maybe hang out while Dinner is being made." She honestly didn't have any friends, even from her own universe so, any opportunity to attempt to make a friend is one she tried to take.

Spina saw Gotenks’ facial expression changed when he started talking about his reality. “Listen kid,” He attempts to comfort him. “I know you’re trying still processing this information, trust me. Been there, done that.” He pauses, taking a sniff of the cooked foods in the kitchen for the moment, before resuming. “You are better off just not worrying about them for the moment because it will simply drive you mad.” 

“Well!” The voice interjects the conversation. “You can still do the trials if you feel so inclined my boy. If you managed to beat Doom, there is a distinct possibility of bringing you back to your world.”   

“Yeah…” Spina sounded irritated that the voice jumped into their conservation. “We have two weeks to prepare to face this Doom… however; he’s an enemy not to be underestimated. Of all the beings I came across in this forsaken realm, Doom is one a step above them… along with other beings.”

“Two weeks huh,” Demi-Fiend places his feet onto the table. “How does time work in this realm, anyways? Some days felt long and some felt short.” 

“The days and nights of this world is weird, it has no sense of how fast time flows. If I were to make an estimate, it been 3-5 days since Doom and Bernkastel’s bet started.” 

“Then how come the Grandma Time Goddess doesn’t just push time forward so we can fight this Doom guy?” Demi-Fiend followed up with another question.

“It seems that none of it can actually affect how time works in this dimension. Even the Time Goddess herself is unable to do anything about time here. This world is not in our favor.” Spina said, turning to Gotenks. “Ah… name’s Spina. Unlike you, Brachi and Vegetto, I ain’t a fusion or something.”

“You can just call me Demi-Fiend, but you already know that due to this little imposter caused earlier.” Demi-Fiend pointed to Maggie. “So, fusion is common in your universe? How some these two…” He pointed to both Cuki and Spina. “Aren’t fused like the rest of these Saiyans, barring Grandma? Or whatever genetic makeup that goes on.”  He turns to the Lich and Bernkastel. “Back in my universe, I often fused demons for quick and powerful allies from time to time, but I never seen anything like this.” 

Spina scratches his head. “No idea… I only saw it once during that Tournament of Power into by Saiyans that fought against Kakarotto. I don’t think Reality City even has fused beings in there… but I haven’t exactly go over there due to how dangerous it is.”

The lich keeps reading his book and thinks "this has been amusing and the reports seem ok."

"I'm afraid I cannot recall the norms of my universe; however, I do remember that I was in a place surrounded by beautiful mountains and thick morning mist... It was quite beautiful but I cannot remember anyone that was a... Say-Yam, let alone fused beings." Cuki sighed. "But anyways, you can call me Cuki."

"You might be asking why some of us are fighting and others not, well..." She glanced at the infamous 'non-fighters'. "You saw a bit of Kettle's magical capabilities and her unusual power to perform almost any kind of miracle. Ms. Gervene is a God from her universe and Mr. Whis is something similar to that in his own universe. Mr. Lich is a unique fellow... He's able to do many things with just a snap of his finger but he is very humble about it and doesn't brag about his powers. He's also a bit of a mystery, to be honest, we don't know much about him other than he's a gentleman and loves to read his books." Cuki nodded and turned to Demi-Fiend. "And that's Demi-Fiend... He claims to have killed Gods in his universe and he has the power to back his statement. I would walk carefully around that one."

"Those guys are on a whole new level..." Cuki shivered slightly. "I smell nothing but overwhelming power from them, it's almost suffocating. I doubt Mr. Doom would let us use these guys. Kinda smart of him..."

=====

"Ouch... That hurts." Maggie whined. "Can't you just use your magic to put my arm back in place? Why you gotta sew it back on manually?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom