The Magician Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I guess it will be just you and I who will have the spicy food, One-Eye. I'll just make Iceik's meat without the spiciness. Let's see..." Asuza looked around the kitchen. "I guess I could make some mashed potatoes and carrots for Nicori... something soft..." She gripped a few potatoes and some carrots. 

"I'll peel these while you grab the recipe and all the ingredients. If you need help finding those things, just holl--" Then she paused, since that wouldn't work. "Well, just tap my shoulder or something to get my attention. And be sure to wash your hands first!" Asuza rolled up her sleeves and stood to an empty sink station to wash the spuds and carrots she grabbed.

"I don't need sweets!" Iceik said. "And I don't need to be pet.." He took out his axe. "I can chop them down if you want."

One-Eye went towards the sink as well, rolling up the sleeves to wash his hands. Iceik took a quick peek, but instantly backoff. 

"Holy.. his hands were deep red.." Iceik sweated a bit.

==============

"Right!" Bob said. He turns to see that Jolly also confronted them. 

"Hi! I'm Jolly, the owner of this place. Do you wish to stay for the night, or gathered food for an adventure?" Jolly asked.

"Gathered food. We'll be heading out soon." Liza said. 

"Ah! Then head to the kitchen to pick out the foods you wished to have and talk with Molly." Jolly pointed them towards the kitchen.

Nicori left Iceik alone for the most part and kept by Asuza's side. He watched as she handled to potatoes. He stayed quiet and allowed her to do whatever she was going to do. He looked around a swiped a potato of his own, intending on copying how Asuza made the food. It was obvious that he looked up to her.

"Okay... potato..."

"Are you out of your mind!? You don't just swing axes around to cut vegetables you know." Asuza responded to Iceik. "You stay and be a good dog. Or else."

Since Nicori wasn't very loud, she disn't notice he left Iceik's side, as she didn't look up from the sink.

Sheesh, One-Eye. You must've made a huger mess fighting that fire demon than I thought. Asuza started to scrub the dirt off the vegetables before picking up a knife to peel them, setting the potatoes and carrots on the cutting board.

She started to peel the potatoes first, seeing it easier to do so before boiling them down to a softer consistency. Just before she did though, she pulled her long hair back over her shoulder to lay down her back and keep it from getting in her face.

"Once these can sit in boiling water I can get started on the spicy food."

Vox says to Bob and Liza "I assuming that all three us know how to cook." as he moves with the group.

Nicori noticed Asuza pick up a knife and knew that she wouldn't give it to him. He still wanted to help the woman, however. His antenna twitched as he casually stepped out of the area he was stuck in and tried to look for a knife. He made sure not to cause a big scene not because he wanted to get in trouble but rather not worry Asuza.

"I Gotta find a knife like the Pretty Lady." Nicori whispered to himself. "Maybe a red one like her super pretty hair. She'll love it!"

Liza went ahead and clean her hands. "Well, I'm not particularly good at cooking.." Liza chuckled as she enter the kitchen. She was waiting behind One-Eye whom was cleaning off his hands. She noted that his hands were blatantly covered in reddish-color objects. "Huh.."

"Actually, I'm quite a chef when it comes to cooking!" Bob rubbed his chance as he praised himself as responded to Vox.

----------

"Hey, I don't take orders from yo-" Iceik realized that he was already in seated position. "Wha- how did- when did I?!"

One-Eye finished cleaning his hands, seeing Liza waiting behind him. Nodding his head, he simply step aside and went towards Asuza. He simply sit back and observed Asuza's cooking--curious of how she prepares the food.

Liza, curious about the other group, began to observed them even more. She noticed Asuza and the way she dressed herself. It doesn't seem that she was part of the magic societies of brotherhood or sisterhood, but she felt magical aura from her - and for some reason, the man and child. Though, when she see the man that was looking over Asuza, "Aww! Are you cooking for your boyfriend? That's so sweet!" Liza blurted out.

Asuza immediately turned red again. "W-well I'm not cooking j-just for him and I. I have to feed a dog and a child too. W-we aren't..." She stuttered in response to Liza. "Oh! I'm getting distracted! If I don't hurry, the little one might get peckish..." Asuza blurted to excuse herself from having to explain any further, chopping up the potatoes and carrots after peeling them, placing them both in separate pots of water before putting her hands on each to make the water boil quickly with her fire magic. 

Eventually she would have to make her explanations shorter or just roll with it, but it hasn't ceased to make her stutter nervously. 

"And I don't want to make them all wait any longer for dinner...!" The witch kept her head turned to the counter as she worked so Liza and One-Eye wouldn't see any more of her blushing. She hated looking flustered and being caught blushing.

Vox says nicely and matter of fact "I know how to cook as well." Vox asks Bob and Liza "so what should we cook?"

Nicori was no where to be found, at least with Asuza's gang. He roamed the area just outside, looking for a knife, or something sharp to cut and skin his potato. He seemed pretty determined to get his potato sliced like Asuza showed.

"I wanna show the pretty lady I can cut potatoes too." He giggled. "Then I'll make her mashed potatoes! I'll add some sweets in it too.." 

As Nicori moved around, he kept hidden from everyone else, trying to be as sneaky as possible. He eventually snuck outside of the restaurant and into the street. He seemed eager to find something to cut the potato with so he seemed to follow anyone who was carrying a sharp object.

One Eye raised a brow, confused of what happen to Asuza. 

"Sheesh, if you get any redder, your face is gonna blow like a volcano!" Iceik said. He looked around, noticing the weird child had gone missing. "Huh? Where's that brat at?"

----------

Liza chuckled a bit and turns to Vox and Bob. "Well, if we can get something that can last for a bit, anything is fine by me."

Bob nodded. "Well, since you got two cooks, I recommended something long lasting and meat is very important to get our nutrition and stuff." 

=========

"Man.. this place is huge.. Never though the Magician Square would be packed .. I should have gotten here earlier.." A young man said, before bumping onto Nicor.

"You lost Nicori!? He was supposed to be sitting right next to you!" Asuza's blush immediately faded. How long was it he was gone before they noticed. "You'd better go and find him then, dog! Or else I singe all your fur off!" She threatened with a deep glare, flipping her knife's sharp edge over in his direction. 

"Find him, and find him now! I'm not letting a child be lost in my name!"

Nicori fell on the floor when he was bumped and gasped, thinking he was in trouble. He acted big and tough around Asuza and the others but he seemed to just be a normal kid to everyone else. He looked at the man and frowned. He kept his potato hidden behind his back and finally spoke to the man.

"S'cuse me sir, do you have a knife I can borrow?" He said childishly. "I need to put my potato..."

Vox says drying his hands "i that that is wise but how much do we make. To be safe we make double if more than we think we need." Vox asks "how long will it take us to reach a restock point or were we are heading?"

Fear was send down to Iceik's spine. Without a second thought, he scattered out of the kitchen and head straight out of the door without stopping. "Phew.. man I felt like death was coming from that girl.. stupid kid, giving me a hard time." Iceik wipe the sweat off of his head. "Man, what am I? A babysitter!? I', a proud warrior! I need to go back in there and tell Asuza how I fe-" Iceik imagined what would happen if he done that. The image he thought of, wasn't pretty and immediately stuck his snout towards the air. "Good thing I got a scent of him when he was trying to get all up under me." Iceik sniff a couple of times. "Alright, he's over there.." Iceik rushes towards Nicor's direction.

==============

Caim seems to be rather impressed with Asuza anger.

"It would be a long journey, so we might have to triple the food." Liza said. "Maybe about 4 days? If we don't have any problems crossing with the monsters and the like." Liza sweated a bit when she saw Asuza's anger.

"I think tripe our food sources is fine enough." Bob said. 

============

"A knife? The man said. "Yes I have one. If you follow me, I'll get you a knife, child.." The man turns. "Come and follow me."

"Okay!" Nicori said cheerfully. He didn't seem to see anything wrong with the man he was following. He held on to his potato and, with some caution, followed the man eagerly. He was happy to finally make some food for Asuza since he really seemed to like her. He even thought about Iceik and One-Eye.

"Hey, do you have a big steak for a big man and a doggy bone for a wolf?" Nicori said. "I wanna give Ruffy and One-Eye something too."

"That foolish dog..." Asuza muttered under her breath before huffing out the last of her anger. "Now, while these boil..." she left the stove on to continue the boil she started. "I can get started on the spicy dish. Did you grab the recipe list for it, One-Eye? You have to balance the spicy with the flavor of the food itself correctly." She asked One-Eye when she cleaned the knife off to start cutting the peppers up. "Especially the meat."

Vox says "make food for 12 days dos sound wise to me. What ever we make we should precook so all we have to do is heat it up and/or things that don't need cooking."

One-Eye simply nodded, grabbing onto the list she'd request. He doesn't seem to remember when the last time he had an home-cook meal as he seem to enjoy the the smell of fresh food for once-his  expression; however, hasn't changed.

------

"Right." Liza said, gathering the food needed for the journey. "Meat doesn't require must process, especially when magic is useful for cooking as well. Although, the taste might be sour since it's a instant process." 

"Well, we're heading to Hero City, right? We can get an enjoyable meal there. Haha" Bob responded. 

"True." Liza was packing most of the food, while leaving the ones needed to be cook to Vox and Bob. "At least we can cook those up and eat before leaving." 

==============

"Damn that kid. Running off like that!" Iceik was rushing. "How the hell he get this far?" 

============

"Sure! I have lots of stuff in my place." The man said, stopping by a run down shop on the outskirts of the square. "It's inside, you see? Follow me." He opened the door and head inside.

Vox says "I OK with on the field cooking." Vox asks bob as he cooks "Do you have camping gear for wend we are out there?" Vox thinks "Note to self place traveler on the bag Liza."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom