The Fairy Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Are you sure this is a good idea? We know nothing about this forest, other than the fairies and the supposed rumored blood lake.” One of the men, in a group of three, said.

“What? You want to return to the Clan of Swords and faced punishment for abandoning it during a mission? No? Then keep your mouth shut. I’m tired of fending our lives against monsters; I want to simply live comfortably… and the way to do that is find the Fairy Queen and get our wish.” Another said.

“Yeah, but to waste all our money for this trip, seems a bit, well, dumb.” The third man said. “Especially in the land of magic… what if we ran into magicians?”

“We’ll strike them out; mages are just like monsters, except stronger.” The second one said.

“Th-that… a rather outlandish view.” The third one said. 

“Regardless, let’s keep moving. The Fairy Village should be around here somewhere….”

==========

“So we just have to follow them, right?” Alice asked Vosh.

Vosh says whispering to Alice "that what we going to do." Vosh thinks "and they are your typical meatheads form that guild."

The three men traveled together, searching for the Fairy Village, but several hours have passed.

"Nothing yet. Are you sure we're on the right path?" The first man said. "We been walking around for a long time."

"I'm sure of it. I mean, that's what the mage I came across said about this place. Have some patience..." The second responded. The third man extended his arm, pointing to a direction. 

"I see it!" The third man shouted. "I see a bunch of lights, flying around about!" the third man said. The other two turn to the direction the third man pointed, a gleam on their faces appeared.

"See? Patience is virtue...." Second man said. "Let's confirmed if that's the village."

============

Alice was sweating that the men seemingly found something. "Oh no..." She said, nudging Vosh's shoulders. "H-hey, let's turn back. You really don't have to do this, especially for a guy that attack you! Reconsider your options here." It's clear that something is bothering the fairy.

Vosh says nicely "Its not the lady of blood like that scares me most right now." It seems that the butterflies are shifting to a more combat reedy form just in case. Vosh thinks "I hope Alice freeing out is a good sine."

The three men went to the location where the lights were flickering, but instead, it vanished. Suddenly, a dense and thick fog came down on them. 

“What with this fog… what happens to the lights?” The second man said. He gripped onto his sword because he had a feeling of impending doom lurking in his heart.

----

Alice clears her throat; drips of sweat came down from her forehead to the ground. “We have to follow them…” She said in a weak voice. “We have to hurry; otherwise, the fog will disappear.”

----

The three men continued their pathway of this strange new place they have entered. It looks nothing like the forest; the smell of blood in the air, and atmosphere had a sense of death. The trees were death, covered in snow as if the season had not changed.

“I’m freezing…” The third man said. He was shaking in his boots of the sudden drop of temperature. “We should turn back; I’m getting a bad feeling in my stomach.” He said before tripping over a rock, landing on a pond. He instantly got up, realizing that he fell into the pond of blood. He instantly jumped back, trying to wipe it off him. 

“Holy…” The first man said, pointing out all the bodies floating in the river.

“What the hell… it’s like a lake full of bodies…” The second man said. “What is this place!?”

The butterflies start to look for as he speeds up. Vosh thinks "Good I was worried that Canca might tricked me in guiding them to Alice's home. Now that fear is placed aside were is Canca kid?"

The air was cold, so cold that each time they exhale, their breath was visible to their eyes. The first man places his hand on the second’s one shoulder—for the first time, they spoke their names.

“Ache, what in the world are we?” The first man said. “You said that this was the way of the village, but we stumbled upon some… graveyard.”

“Let me think, Lung!” Ache slaps his hand away. “It was Liver that told this was the way…” 

Liver tried to clean the blood off his body, become infuriated that Ache is trying to pin the blame on them. “Don’t think about pinning this on me; you went on and on and on about the Clan of Swords wasn’t the way we’re destined our livelihood; placing our damn lives on the line on this day.” Liver went back Ache and Lung. “I’m going. Whatever this place is, I ain’t looking for find out.” The man tripped over and fell into the snow. “Damnit…”

“Listen, we’re being heated right now.” Ache said. “I know this looks bad, but this could be a way to deter our tracks by the fairies. They’re cunning creatures after all.” He went to help Liver up from the ground.

“They’re cunning enough to make something like this,” Lung crouched down, dipping his finger in the blood lake. “No, I don’t think so…” Lung narrowed his eyes, noticing that beneath the bodies, there were countless faces swarming around deep within the lake. “What the heck…” 

==

Alice, keeping close company to Vosh, looked around to see if Canca’s child is nearby, but he was nowhere to be found. Heck, Vosh’s butterflies are picking up some strange, malicious energy near Lung. It was foul; it has had the sense of death, and the impendent of doom drawing near.

Alice jerked Vosh’s sleeves, feeling that same feeling. “Vosh, we need to go. Now. I don’t sense any familiarity of Canca’s kin.” She warned.

The butterflies following the group start searching for Canca's kid. Vosh says "We don't need to be any near closer to start the search. In fact if shit starts to come for us we then run for our life's." As more Butterflies start to help searching for Canca's Kid.

Alice clears her throat. “Fine, but the moment she pokes her head out, we’re running. Well, I wouldn’t be running, since I fly, but you will be running, but you get the memo.” Alice wipes the sweat off her head due to being a nervous wreck. 

As the butterflies started their search, there was nothing, other than the same sense of death; nothing regarding Canca’s kid appeared to be anywhere in the area. However, it managed to felt a source of a living being….

===

“What are you doing? Quit staring at the lake.” Ache said.

“No, there’s something in the water….” Lung took a deeper look at the pond, only to suddenly then struck in the stomach by a mysterious needle, causing his entire body to paralyze on the spot.

Liver and Ache narrowed their eyes and rushed to his aid, slicing the needle as it retracted back to the lake. Lung fell over, as his skin became transparent, revealing the inner workings of his body. He tried to say something, but nothing came out of his mouth other than pure gibberish.

“What’s happening?!?” Liver shouted at Ache.

“I don’t know! It disappeared when I cut it!” Ache turns to Lung. “Relax, you’ll be alright, we need to get away from the lake and—”

“Those with hearts of pure evil… have step into the domain of my land… the sentence of your darkest desires… is death.” 

“What was that?!” Liver said as he readied his gigantic axe.

The butterflies move to the living bean. Vosh says "Got a hit now confirming that its his kid. After that we get the kid and run for our life's with him in toe." Vosh thinks "I aware of how the undead work."

Alice nodded her head. "Let's hope those little buggers of yours can find the kid!" The butterflies's search became apparent, picking up the sensation of a child; however, it seems that it is placed in a cocoon.

==============

Liver, sweating as if a waterfall came down on him, hastily looked around to locate the sound of the voice. Suddenly, a black-cloaked woman appears in the middle of the Blood Lake; on one hand, she has a human’s skull and the other, a small, black scepter. 

“You enter the Fairy Forest with intent to gain wishes for your own desires, and such desires warrantees death.” A swift of her scepter, causes instant death on Lung; his eye-pupils went completely white and no longer moving. 
“Lung! Lung!” Ache tried to wake him, but he was unresponsive. 

Liver gritted his teeth and, without thinking, dashes towards the woman; however, after taking about ten steps into the blood lake, he fell straight down. There was no struggle, no sounds, nothing.

Ache narrowed his eyes. “Liver! What the hell are you doing!?” There were no responses from Liver.

The black-cloaked woman took a step towards Ache, still holding the dead Lung, but she stopped, hearing a flock of butterflies in the distance. "There are others here..." She turned around to the location where the butterflies were going.

Ashe's face of terror also came with confusion when she mentioned there were others, but this was a chance to escape. He places Lung onto the ground and started to run. He didn't know where, but he ran deep into the snowy forest, but no matter the distance, it seems endless.

========

Alice, placing herself in between Vosh's hair, questions. "What happened? Did the butterflies find something?"

Vosh says "Yes in fact it a cocoon of some kind and we don't have time to confirm weather or not this is Canca's kid." As the butterflies gather together to lift up the cocoon up.

They start to move away form the lake wend the butterflies are able to move the cocoon. Vosh thinks "she knows we are hear but we shooed be able to get out hear before she catches up to us." Vosh makes shore he keeps up with the Cocoon.

The black-cloaked woman narrowed her eyes, pacing herself towards the direction of the butterflies. As time she took a step, the air became cold and the fog became thicker. 

Alice, seeing her own breath every time she exhales, pulls on Vosh’s hair. “S-she’s coming in close! Tell your butterflies to hurrying it up!” She was in the panic—because the woman was rearing in close. Despite that Ache escape, the black-cloaked woman was not concerned about it, because no matter how far he ran, everything was the same in every direction.

====

Ache’s body became to take toll due to running too much than he normally did; his movements slow and his heart rate beats rapidly. “This was such a mistake... we should’ve stayed at the Clan of Swords… what the hell we are thinking when doing this stupid shit…” His ears picked up faint voices. “T-there’s someone here…?”

Vosh says "We are moving as fast as we can keep in mind who's child we are dealing with." As cocoon moved Vosh moved with the cocoon going as fact as he can. Vosh says Tossing some seeds behind them "With some thing like her I going to hedge my bets Alice." Vosh thinks "That shooed stall her so we can get out doge."

“Yeah, and we’re risking our necks trying to save this guy’s, who nearly tried to killed us before, child by entering the domain of the Enchanted Lady!” Alice referred to her by name. She was sweating, using Vosh’s hairs to wipe it off. She knows Vosh is doing the best he can; his composure is significantly noteworthy considering he handling it in a calm manner.

She notices the seed Vosh thrown, causing her to raise a brow. “What did you throw?”

The Enchanted Lady’s eyes shifted to the seeds that appeared on the ground; it seems to catch her attention, drawing her focus rather giving chase to Vosh and Alice.

“…whatever it is… I do not sense any chase. Keep going! Don’t stop!” Alice demanded; however, Ache suddenly appeared in their direction, causing him to collide with Vosh—in reaction, Alice flung out of his head. She landed on the mud headfirst; her legs dangle around.

“Damnit…” Ache said, realizing that he ran into another person. “You! Thank god there is another person in this crazy forest! You're a guild warrior, right!? I need your assistance!!"

Vosh says to alice "the seeds are quick vines the same kind I used on him. I banking of those seeds to buy us time." The seeds quickly grow in to vines that are trying to grab the Enchanted lady.

Vosh says as a matter of fact to Ache "No I am not." A butterfly helps Alice out the mud. Vosh asks Alice after her head was out the mud thanks to the butterfly "are you ok?"

After being pulled from the mud thanks to Vosh’s butterflies, Alice cough multiple times to get the excess junk out of her body. “Thanks, I’m fine.”

Ache raised his brow in confusion. “If you’re not a guild warrior, how did you… never mind that.” He grabbed Vosh’s arm. “We can’t stay here; there’s some twisted lady chasing me. She murdered my comrades and toss them out like they’re trash.” His eyes diverted to Alice. “… is that a Fairy?”

Alice hid behind Vosh. “Yeah…?”

Ache stares at her for a moment before returning to Vox. “We need to move fast.”

Vosh says repeating him self to Ache "If those vines I used work and hold as long I hope we shooed be completely out before she brakes the vines." Pointing at the Cocoon says "we are going to keep up with this." As it starts moving once more.

Before Vosh starts moving once more one his hair tentacles is holding Alice to make shore she dos not fall again and it seems a little more protective as well. Vosh keeps moving with the Cocoon.

Ache nodded. "Well, before we do that..." He stared at Alice being wrapped with Vosh's hair. "How did you get in here? What is this place? I thought the village of the fairies was something pleasant, but this is a nightmare..."

"Because this isn't the fairy village you big dummy! This is the Blood Lake! Those with evil in their hearts seeking out the fairies ended up here. Their fates... however..." 

Ache narrowed his eyes. "You..." He spoke to Vosh. "How did you get in here? If what the fairy says is the truth... then you, too, have a tainted heart?"

Vosh says "for now all that maters is that I am hear." Vosh thinks "It's giving him the idea that he can do the reverse of what I did to get to Village. I hope he will just drop it."  The group keeps up with the Cocoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom