The Arcane Apothecary

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Because ribbons are cute~"

Z-Clone smiled as she eventually made a hat similar to the one she had. She placed it on Lilith's head and continued to mix and match various dresses that she random created. Sadly, the outfits don't last long due to the limitations of the Z-Clone and the fatigue on the little thing was becoming clear.

"Why is it hard...to pick out something nice for you, Lily~?"

The Z-Clone struggled to keep herself afloat but it seems as if she didn't know how to properly control her power.

"W-Well.. what is your favorite color, Lily~?"

"I do believe that...I am using far too much energy than I am required to~" She floated to the top of Lilith's head and panted, seemingly very tired. Lilith seemed to have gotten lucky today. "I am afraid any more usage of my power will cause me to disappear...~ I will dress you another day~"

"Well, your head is much larger than any I've seen~" Z-Clone purred. "It is rather spacious and can supply me with much room to rest~ I just hope that I do not burden you, Lady Lilith~"

The Z-Clone purred slightly before her eyes turned a slight dim color. She was still able to talk but she was gathering energy for a future use in case Okawa might need her.

"Do I annoy you, Lilith~?"

A stranger entered the shop. Based on his attire, he isn't a native to Paradice. He walk up to the store clerk. "Excuse me, I'm looking for a specific .. book."

"A book? Which kind? We have several types of them." Okawa replied once she saw the man, though it struck her unusual to have passerby that disn't look like a typical Paradican. "My assistant Lilith can help you, if you already know the exact book you're looking for."

In followed a teenage girl, though she didn't seem dressed like a mage herself. She looked like she was dressed for the winter.

"Oh, hello! I'll be with you in a moment!" Okawa greeted her.

"Thanks." The girl replied with a smile before crouching down to look at the various items Okawa had in her display counter. "So that's what a chocolate frog looks like..."

"Thank you miss. I'm currently looking for a book in regards to my research back home. I heard this place has various of items from different kinds of the world -- and currently was impressed that even the Sisterhood included it to it's schools. The book I'm interested in it, has a topic in regards to Pure and Chaotic Energy. You have something like that?" 

The man shifted his head a little to the left, seeing the teenage girl. Like him, it look like she wasn't a mage or perhaps not even a Paradican. "You have a very impressive outfit, miss."

"A-ah, yes, they included us very recently! Word gets around fast it seems." Okawa replied, tapping her chin. "Hmm, I'm sure we do, don't we, Lilith?"

"Probably. Would you be fine with books on how they manifest in use of magic?" Asked the demon.

Olivia turned her head towards the man. "Oh, thank you, sir!" She stood back up holding the candy she picked in her bare palm, though the other shoulder seemed to have something beneath her cloak, given it did not curve normally.

"Yes, that will do just fine, miss." The man said to Lilith. He noticed that Lilith wasn't human and certainly no monster or deimos. "Ah, it's a rarity to see a Demon around here."

"Yeah. I try not to be out during the day." Lilith said in response. "It's easy to be indoors instead." She stood atop a stool to look through the tomes they had on the shelves. "Quieter too.... Okay, energy studies... energy spells..."

"Now, how can I help you, miss?" Okawa asked the young lady.

"Well, do you carry gloves with uh... claws on them? Like, steel ones." She asked.

"We don't make any weapons like that, no. Though I think I can enchant a pair to look that way?" Okawa offered. 

"Would just one glove work? I can pay for anything you use to make it clawed." Olivia said, tucking her arm under her cloak and promptly setting down an arm's worth of armor, including the glove. It was placed on the counter with a loud clang of the metal. "I was thinking if you can make the claws out of some kind of magical stone when you enchant it? And make them kind of retractable if that's possible. The last ones I had eventually broke off with use, so I would like them to be durable."

"Let's see..." The witch examined the glove and found remnants of the crystal still on the metal layers of the glove. "I think I can enchant this glove, yes. But it may cost more than the usual enchantment price to get the claws to appear at convenience." Okawa states, tracing her fingers over the glove's fingertips and knuckle areas, imagining how she would shape the claws. A Seal Rune would work, she would just have to place it on the back of the glove's plating. I wonder what such a girl would need to enchant a knight's glove armor? She definitely isn't a Paradican.

"I'm sure I can afford that. And if money wouldn't be enough, I'm sure I can compensate with a trade?" Olivia replied politely.

"Yes. I'll get my supplies together and come back with an offer." The witch retreated to the back with the glove. "Feel free to explore the rest of our wares in the meantime!"

"I see." The man responded. "My apologies if I have offended you. We usually don't see demons around here of where I'm from, or even Deimos." He explained. "So it's quite a rarity to come across one, in Paradice of all places, especially an attractive one." He turns to Olivia, seems curious about her gloves she was talking about.

"Miss Okawa has sealed what little demonic energy I have left away." A small smile, hardly noticeable if one weren't paying attention, formed on Lilith's lips. "Though, I appreciate the compliment."

"Hope she can help me out with that...." Olivia placed the chocolate frog on the counter and surveyed the rack of similar items idly. She couldn't help but feel a little nervous about a demon being in the shop, given most of her encounters with similar beings were usually made with aggression. Demons never seemed very docile in general.

"Here you are, Sir." Lilith held a thick book in her hands but a comparatively thinner one on top. "These would help you the most with what you're looking for. Seems the study of Pure Energy isn't as extensive as Chaotic Energy currently."

"Ah! That's a rare sight." The man said. "I supposed you were banished from the Underworld.." The man was about to asked a follow up question, but didn't get the chance when he was given the book. 

"Thank you, miss." The man observed the book. 

"Yes.. Pure Energy is still not understood and definitively the harder energy to control.. Not a lot of people are capable to truly ascending to Pure.. rather Neutral or Chaotic is hearts falls into darkness." He noticed Olivia's body language. 

"You okay, miss?"

"I-I'm alright.." Olivia chuckled nervously. "I'm uh, just not used to seeing demons in places populated by humans is all."

"Don't feel bad, since I give most anyone the creeps just by being here." Lilith said nonchalantly, though it seemed her smile faltered a bit. She didn't like being reminded indirectly about her permanent status as an impure demon.

"Right... I just didn't expect to meet one here in this region. Haven't seen anything besides humans where I've been so far in this region..." Olivia trailed off once Okawa showed back up.

"Okay, miss, I can do the job for about 5 Galleons." The shopkeeper offered. "Since I'll be crafting the claws from scratch to replace the worn ones and adding a seal rune to it."

"Cool!" She handed Okawa the money, hoping she could get an odd job done to scrape together the last of her money for a meal later. The wallet looked visibly empty.

"... Tell you what. I'll let you have the chocolate frog as a gift for such a purchase, hm?"

"Really!? Thanks so much! I'm grateful, since I took all my odd jobs and found money together for someone to hopefully fix it..." Olivia laughed and rubbed her head. "That glove is how I earn my keep nowadays."

"I can get you rung up, Sir." Lilith gestured to her counter. "Since Okawa will have her hands full."

"Ah, well don't be alarmed. She seems to harbor no evil within her from my observation." The man said, before turning to Lilith. 

"That is fine, madam." He placed his hand on his chin. He was in self-thought. "It seems that pure-energy doesn't have much information after all.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom