The Arcane Apothecary

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes, it seems everyone has gone their separate ways..." Okawa looked melancholic but her expression brightened up a little. "Tell me child, have you been alone in your travels all this time? A region like this can't be safe for you... As many mages as there are in Paradice, the monsters that lurk in the wilder areas are of much concern," She says to Sarah in a worried tone.
======
"Then I can say with full confidence that I'll join you for your cause." Olivia stated matter-of-factly, turning to face Lilith with her eyes lighting up in awe. "Wow!! It looks even better than before!"

"Of course. Miss Okawa is proud of her craft. You've already paid, so feel free to just slip it on and go on your way." The demoness placed the chocolate frog into a small bag and handed it to the girl. "Come see us again, we'll be happy to repair it as many times as you need."

"Definitely! Thanks again." Olivia took the armored glove and lifted her cloak to wriggle it comfortably back onto her arm.

Sarah said "I actually have, but I had met a few people in my travels and was able to get some weapons to defend myself. I can't always sing to fight since it would take too long to attack and can get interrupted easily."

LoopyPanda said:
"Then I can say with full confidence that I'll join you for your cause." Olivia stated matter-of-factly, turning to face Lilith with her eyes lighting up in awe. "Wow!! It looks even better than before!"

"Of course. Miss Okawa is proud of her craft. You've already paid, so feel free to just slip it on and go on your way." The demoness placed the chocolate frog into a small bag and handed it to the girl. "Come see us again, we'll be happy to repair it as many times as you need."

"Definitely! Thanks again." Olivia took the armored glove and lifted her cloak to wriggle it comfortably back onto her arm.

"Then, let set off to our travels to Shina Ania. Ah, my apologies." The man turned to Olivia. 

"My name is Elewa. I'm the King's Adviser. It's a pleasure to have you working with us." Elewa stated. "Our ride will appeared shortly." 

Elewa turns to Lilith. "Thank you for providing me an essential information regarding energies. It will surely help the King and his approach of combating such a terrible disease. The King will provide your shop his blessings with wonderful gifts in a matter of days."

"You poor thing, having to use weapons at your age..." Okawa rubbed Sarah's head with a slight frown. "You shouldn't be wandering on your own. Perhaps it would be safer for you to stay here or close by until you can hone your strength... a world like this is quite dangerous recently." She picked up a newspaper that currently was circulating around the town and held it up to Sarah. The front headline featured a moving picture of a town in a somewhat far away region in ruins after a mysterious man blasted it from the sky, reading PORT GRAHAM IN RUIN AFTER HEROES COMBAT MYSTERIOUS MAN. "I suggest you refrain from traveling long distances for now, Sarah. As for the woman you speak of, she's probably returned to the heavens where most beings like her are said to reside."

=====

"And thank you for doing business with us. We will receive any gifts from your King with utmost gratitude." Lilith curtsied politely after bowing her head.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Olivia." Olivia smiled warmly. "Speaking of rides, how do you guys usually travel anyway? On horses and stuff?"

Sarah nodded in understanding. "I know Okawa. That's one of the reasons I came here, the other is to travel around. So, do you have any room here?"

LoopyPanda said:
"And thank you for doing business with us. We will receive any gifts from your King with utmost gratitude." Lilith curtsied politely after bowing her head.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Olivia." Olivia smiled warmly. "Speaking of rides, how do you guys usually travel anyway? On horses and stuff?"

Elewa bowed as well. “We’ll seek assistance of your shop again in the future.” Placing the book he’d purchased from the shop into his bag, Elewa walked outside. 

"While some places uses magic or technology as a means of transportation, we truly travel through the kindness of monsters that lend their strength to us." Elewa pointed towards the sky. A flying horse-like creature appeared. His body was white as snow, with wings similar to that of an answer. It's appearance shine through the sky as a star. It landed in front of Elewa and spread its wings in grace.

“These are called Pegasus”

"I practically live in this shop building... perhaps I'll let you have the loft up there if you wouldn't mind the small space it has," Okawa replied to Sarah. "Don't worry about Lilith there though. She tends to sleep during the day rather than the night, so she keeps an eye on the storefront while I sleep."

======

"Wow! For a monster, it looks like something out of the story books they write. Maybe that's because the word always carries such a dark context..." Olivia eyed the Pegasus with wonder. "I can't imagine what kinds of other creatures live in your homelands." She didn't know whether to approach it like any other animal she'd seen or not. 

"Uh... hi there..." Olivia greeted somewhat hesitantly.

The Pegasus presented itself in delight upon seeing Elewa. It spread it wings as Elewa pet around his head. When Olivia approached it, the Pegasus bow to her—it seems to be its way of greeting. 

“Don’t be alarmed. Pegasus aren’t hostile creatures. They are kind and give full respect for anyone. As long you do the same.” Elewa said.

"That's a negative. Instruments are hard to come by... especially enchanted ones, which would be something I'd sell." Okawa replied as she waved to Elewa and Olivia from inside her shop as a form of sending them off. "We aren't particularly busy right now. I could accompany you to Magician Square to see if we can find a merchant that would sell us a genuine one. It's the closest market I can think of."

============

"I'm more used to uh... tinier animals." Olivia nodded to him once and bowed her head in return, figuring it was the most polite reaction. "Like cats or bunnies, you know? Horses and big animals like that kinda make me nervous..."

Sarah nodded "That would be nice, since a song I'm writing needs it. I already have drums and a piano, just need a violin. If I finish the song while I'm here, ill play it for you."

"Nay, don't be frightened. Despite their looks, they are quite kind creatures." Elewa hopped onto Pegasus. "Now, shall we take our leave?" Elewa reach out for Olivia's hand.

"Right." Olivia gingerly took hold of Elewa's hand and managed to mount the Pegasus with his help, albeit lacking in a graceful motion. "Phew! Not as easy as it looks without practice, haha... Alright, ready to go."
=====================
"I'd love to hear a solo from you, little one." Okawa smiled warmly. 

"Leaving so soon, Madam?" Lilith walked up to the two. 

"Well, I suppose soon enough. This is Sarah, a friend of mine. I want to take her to Magician Square to see if we can find a violin in the markets."

Lilith's gaze drifted down to Sarah and she bowed her head in acknowledgement. "Very well. We ought to prepare then, since the Square is rather far, even by your usual method of transportation."

"Ah yes! How could I forget?" Okawa looked towards Sarah and continued to speak. "Since it's rather frowned upon around here for a Demon like Lilith to not be accompanied by a Mage, and we can't suddenly close the shop when I'm away, I usually whip up a quick Disguise Potion for her. I don't think you'd be opposed to a little magic lesson before we leave, would you, Sarah?" She asked politely.

"Alright! To Johannes Palace!" Elewa shouted. The Pegasus nodded began to run. When it built enough speed, it jumped into the air and flapped it's wings, soaring through the air.

Olivia let out a surprised yelp as they eventually began to soar. "Whoo! We're flying!!" She cheered with a carefree laugh.

==================
"You'll never know when a spell you learn offhandedly can come in handy!" Okawa led her to the back of the shop with Lilith trailing behind them once she flipped the sign on the door to "Out to Lunch" for the time being. 

"This kind of potion would work on transforming one's appearance between species; since Lilith is a pure demon, or at least as pure as she is currently, the spell alone won't work to let her mimic my appearance. For humans just shifting their appearance to resemble other humans, the spell is much less daunting to perform in comparison since it doesn't require the potion. Let's see... the potion calls for a Newt's eye, the blood from a leech right after it has its meal, the pulp and water scooped from the inside of an Aloe Vera plant, and the juice from wild cherries. It's not a very tasty potion, as you might imagine, but sometimes desperate times would call for desperate measures." She gripped one bottle among several others of similar looks from the top of the shelf that sat against the back wall. 

"Bottoms up." Lilith pulled the cork out of the bottle and immediately drank the potion, scrunching her face up at the awful flavor. "Blechh.... I'll never grow used to this, will I..."

"Now, the spell can be performed." Okawa lifted up a medium sized mirror and let Lilith hold it in front of herself. Taking out her wand, she began to swish it in different patterns through the air. "Energies of Illusion and Disguise, aide Lilith in her wish to stay hidden among the lights." The tip of the wand glowed a light blue before surrounding Lilith in the light as she kept her eyes trained on the mirror. Slowly but surely, her appearance transformed before she looked like a perfect copy to Okawa herself. 

"There! It's a bit hard to do on yourself since you must keep your eyes to the mirror and focus on how you wish to look while the spell changes your looks, so it's not that easy for novices to learn given the multitasking required." The witch walked over to a corner of the room and grabbed her broomstick.

"Very good. Let's get going then!" Okawa exited the backroom and made her way out through the shop front, with Lilith reopening the store.

"I'll be sure to keep things running smoothly while you're out." Lilith said, her voice having been also disguised as Okawa's. 

"I know you will, Lilith." Okawa got into position on her broom, motioning for Sarah to take her spot on the stick behind her. "Be sure to hold tight to my waist, okay?"

Without further hesitation, Okawa began to concentrate her magic into lifting them both into the air with the broomstick, ascending to the skies towards Magician Square.

"Here we go!" Okawa pinched the rim of her large hat as they began to fly up faster and faster.

>>Okawa and Sarah have now left for Magician Square. Lilith is running the shop disguised as Okawa.>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom