Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Festival Plaza is a great place for level up if you rack up enough points. Challenging the Elite 4 and defend your championship is another way to rack up some exp.

EDIT:

[video=youtube]

[align=center]Marshadow has been revealed!​

[align=center][video=youtube]

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon is the second core series Pokémon game in Generation VII. They take place in the Alola Region and feature a lot of changes from the original Sun & Moon including Pokémon that are not found in Sun & Moon for the Nintendo 3DS. The paired versions are to be released worldwide on November 17, 2017. All copies of the game will be playable in nine languages: Japanese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Korean, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese.

Important Information
  • Pokemon Official Website
  • Serebii: Being current with all the latest Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news.
  • Pokemon YouTube Channel
  • Pokemon JP YouTube Channel
  • Bulbapedia: Quick information on Pokemon's base stats and moves if you prefer a "modern-looking" website.
  • Smogon: Build your ultimate Pokemon team!
  • Showdown: Online Simulator where you can build your team and practice with it. You can see which one works before breeding them in the game proper. Don't worry, it's completely free. You can battle other people and/or friends to test out your team. (I used this a lot)
  • Pokemon Team Planner: A VERY useful tool. You can click all the Pokemon and see which ones work. You can click the weaknesses and effective to avoid having holes in your team. 
Important Pokemon Events

Rockruff Event:  November 17th, 2017 - January 10th, 2018
  • Players from all over the world will receive a special Rockruff. This one is able to only evolved to Dusk Form Lycanroc between 17:00 and 17:59 at Level 25. Only those Rockruff can evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc. The Rockruff you get distributed to your game depends on your version. If you play Ultra Sun, it will know the move Tackle, Bite, Fire Fang, Happy Hour. If you play Ultra Moon, it will know the moves Tackle, Bite, Thunder Fang, Happy Hour. Both are Level 10 and come with a Focus Band attached. It also confirmed that it has it's own ability, Own Tempo.
20th Cap-Pikachu Event: To be determined for the western release.
  • Following on from the distribution of the other Cap Pikachu in Pokémon Sun & Moon, it was confirmed that a 7th cap is exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. This Pikachu has the cap that Ash wears in the movie, Pokémon I Choose You. It is obtained through the QR Code obtained at the screenings of the movie.
Celebi Event: September 22nd, 2017 - September 21th (28th for Japan), 2018
  • If you pre-purchase or purchase the Pokémon Gold & Silver Virtual Console games, you will receive a Serial Code that can be redeemed in all 4 Generation 7 games to access the Mythical Pokémon Celebi.

Don't like the naming too much but eh. I guess there's enough new content that it can't be done through an update patch on the current title. (Read: Business as usual)

Not everyone's very happy that they announced this instead of Sinnoh remakes. 

Warning, :salt:
img_20170606_152728-jpg.229989

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1262740-pokemon-sun-and-moon

Gen 4 was a fave gen of mine with Gen 3, DPPt being a favorite title of mine as was HGSS (though not as much, so much as providing me with the chance to fight my favorite Gym Leaders). Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE Sinnoh remakes. However, if they currently can't make a remake that is a vast improvement over DP/Pt's storyline along with remastering the music, I do not want it. 

Get ready for Meta salt soon. Will post more salt as i find it.  :teehee:

Oh wow, you weren't kidding about the salt. 

"Just vastly improved" have they forgot what Emerald, Platinum and Black/White 2? And don't know if they even watched the trailer, but it's clear that there are more than just "few differences", such as different totem Pokemon, new forme for Legendaries and apparently, this story will be an alternative one. How about waiting until we get more information before complaining :maybe:

Who am I kidding? These whiners will be the first one in line for their day one copies :pls:

"What? A slightly updated version of Sun/Moon!?"

And remakes isn't an updated version of the originals? :pls:

I'm pretty sure the salt isn't really as much about the game itself as much as it is about the gap between it and the original SuMo, which is.. One year. Meanwhile, RB/FRLG was 8 years (7 if we go from Yellow), GS/HGSS was 10(9 if we go from Crystal) and RS/ORAS was 12(10 if we go from Emerald) [Of course, this all comes from JP release dates, but the time frame is roughly the same until RS/ORAS which was after they started doing simultaneous int'l releases]. This would be around the time for a remake to come out, which adds vast amounts of things to that gen/region. However, we got USuMo, which is an updated SuMo only a year after its release. It's that sort of thing that would make you believe it's a cash grab, and I'm inclined to agree. It would be a different story if they released the game on the Switch, but they aren't. I personally believe it should've just been made a DLC for SuMo proper (I'm sure it can be done), which would probably lessen the backlash. That, or they should have released more information. They should know their audience after ~21 years :-s.

Freak said:
I'm pretty sure the salt isn't really as much about the game itself as much as it is about the gap between it and the original SuMo, which is.. One year. Meanwhile, RB/FRLG was 8 years (7 if we go from Yellow), GS/HGSS was 10(9 if we go from Crystal) and RS/ORAS was 12(10 if we go from Emerald) [Of course, this all comes from JP release dates, but the time frame is roughly the same until RS/ORAS which was after they started doing simultaneous int'l releases]. This would be around the time for a remake to come out, which adds vast amounts of things to that gen/region.

However, we got USuMo, which is an updated SuMo only a year after its release. It's that sort of thing that would make you believe it's a cash grab, and I'm inclined to agree. It would be a different story if they released the game on the Switch, but they aren't. I personally believe it should've just been made a DLC for SuMo proper (I'm sure it can be done), which would probably lessen the backlash. That, or they should have released more information. They should know their audience after ~21 years :-s.

Let's list out all the release dates of Pokemon games [by Japanese release].

Red/Green: February 27, 1996
Blue: October 10, 1996
Yellow: September 12, 1998

Gold/Silver: November 21, 1999
Crystal: December 14, 2000

Ruby/Sapphire: November 21, 2002
FireRed/LeafGreen: January 29, 2004
Emerald: September 16, 2004

Diamond/Pearl: September 28, 2006
Platinum: September 13, 2008 
HeartGold/SoulSilver: September 12, 2009

Black/White: September 18, 2010
Black 2/White 2: June 23, 2012

XY: October 12, 2013
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire: November 21, 2014

Sun/Moon: November 18, 2016
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: November 17, 2017

There had always been a one-two year gap in between Pokemon games since the beginnings of this franchise. For anyone to complain, bitch or moan about a new Pokemon game after an year - clearly have forego any thought of how GameFreak release their games. Furthermore, GameFreak had gone on record multiple times that they will never do any form of DLC and the possibility of coming in the future is unlikely. We have no information of whether or not Diamond/Pearl remakes are even coming, and to assume anything otherwise would be nothing short of stupidity and fans being impatient. Then again, this is the same audience that scream in the top of their lungs and prayed to the stars above that Ruby/Sapphire remakes will never see fruition because it did not show up in the Generation 5 era, only to show up in the Generation 6 era. Can these fans simply wait and see what's going to happen next before jumping onto some half-baked conclusions on absolutely nothing? 

In addition, this whole "little information" isn't a big deal:
  • GameFreak released a 30 second trailer with LITERALLY NOTING with but a few words and a box art, then went silence about a month.
  • Corocoro magazine made a joke that they have exclusive information about Pokemon Sun and Moon, only for it t be nothing more than "camera flare" that got in the way in the information.
  • Diamond/Pearl was announced in 2004 [in a Japanese Press conference] and there was no information about these games for nearly 292 days straight in regards to Pokemon. It wasn't until mid-2006, that we got anything about the games.
  • They went two months without any information about X and Y.
It's a trolling tactic that GameFreak loves to do and how they build up hype for a main-series game. They will go a month or so of not saying absolutely anything about the games after announcement and then, when the dry period is over, there will be an unexpected drop of information and the train will continue off from there. It gives me memories of how people were creating false accusations and bitching left and right of how GameFreak is a terrible company and/or rushing the games Sun and Moon solely because they never said anything about the game for a month [April]. A single month. Instead of being patient and wait for more information to come. This brings onto about Ultra Sumo. We have no idea what the game actually contains outside of a twenty-second trailer and some information on Pokemon website. So how about people just simply wait for more information and if they don't appease to you, then simply don't buy it and wait for Generation 8. 

Let's not pretend that this "little information" GameFreak shown is some new concept, they been doing this for years at this point. The fact that they just causally show the trailer simply strengthen their trolling tactic to lure in people wondering "What? I don't give a damn about Pokken! I want this!". How people miss this sentiment is beyond me.

Finally, why on earth would GameFreak would release a game to a console that was recently release? 3DS has a userbase of 61+ million, in comparison to the refreshingly new console of 2-3 million. It makes no sense whatsoever for GameFreak to release a main-series Pokemon game this early and especially since it's currently in a generation. It's the same thing for Black 2 and White 2 that remained on the DS, rather than the 3DS - despite the latter being out for 2 years already. It wasn't because Black 2/White 2 was originally supposed to be the 3DS [an rumor that never had any evidences], GameFreak INTENDED the game to be on the DS. Here's Junichi Masuda's statement of that regard from his interview:

"The primary goal is to get as many people as possible able to play the game," Masuda explains. "With the Nintendo DS, it's the handheld hardware system that the most people in the world have." Masuda says the team also wants to ensure that fans of the first Black and White releases would be able to play the sequel. "Those who played Black and White may not have a 3DS, but they definitely played on a regular DS."

To further illustrate, this was not the first time they did not release a Pokemon game on a newly released console. Nintendo DS was released in late 2004. Prior to that, Nintendo brought in a Nintendo DS prototype, with a developed and simple  Pokemon game to show off what it can do in E3 2004. Yet, GameFreak continues to make and release two Pokemon games - in the same year - on the GBA. Diamond and Pearl was released on the DS two years after the release of Nintendo DS. Furthermore, D/P was actually originally intended to be released in 2005 - shy months away from FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald [emphasizing their one-two year release of Pokemon games]. This should not be an surprise for anyone that GameFreak would rather wait and see if the potential of the console before making an transition. Just like how they release Pokemon Crystal as a GBC exclusive (while Gold and Silver can be played on both Gameboy and Color) and then a few months later, Game Boy Advance was released. 

Masuda already stated his thoughts on the Nintendo Switch and the Future of Pokemon Games[1]:

Without a doubt, Nintendo Switch is the future, but we will have to wait until it goes out on the market and study how it can benefit from Pokemon. When people have it, we will have too see and deeply study how to use it so we can think how the next entries of Pokemon are going to be and how the saga can benefit from the new console.

[1] Junichi Masuda, Junichi Masuda on the Future of Pokémon for the Switch, 12th Dec 2016, Nintendolife.com

In short, the reason why this "salt" is even salt to begin with is because of a baseless rumor that eurogamer created with NO EVIDENCES to back themselves, with the claim that Pokemon Stars is under development and will be on the Nintendo Switch. Instead of people taking their article with a grain of salt, especially when this article came out exactly when Pokemon Sun and Moon was first released, it simply snowball from there into people's minds that made irrational theories that forces themselves to believe in bullshittery. The only one that are to blame for this "blacklash" is the people themselves for believing in some faux, baseless article.

Will main-series Pokemon games be on the Switch? Who knows. Until that time, we simply have to wait and see and people need to have some goddamn patience.

Let me reword my statement since you seem to have misunderstood it. The problem with USuMo is that it, the game ITSELF, is being released only a year AFTER the original. Unless the game in and of itself has some major improvements that, for whatever goddamn reason, can't be added in a game patch, then it's ok. A few forms and new pokemon won't just make the cut, especially since it shouldn't be that hard to patch those in.

That first link refers EXCLUSIVELY to purchasing literal Pokemon, and as such has no relation to the topic whatsoever. As for the second link, that's from a four year old article in reference to XY when it was new. A lot can change in four years, and with the lack of transparency we see from GF regarding their actual production process,  we don't really know what the hell they're exactly planning to do.

As I said earlier, it matters with the current fanbase. This is more than a little "troll lens flare" to censor out the important details of a NEW game, this is a small reveal trailer of what we can only currently assume is a rerelease of the RECENTLY released game. As for ORAS? That's still a "new" game, for lack of a better word. It's also something we wanted.

If it were a third-party title we were talking about, this would be understandable. What you have to understand, however, is that we are talking about a first-party title, and a staple title at that. Hell, the Switch barely even had any titles that targeted children (Skylanders, that's it). For a company that prides themselves on their first-party titles moreso than Sony and MSoft, they haven't really tried to impress us on the Switch in regards to that. But of course, if they want to wait and see how they could make use of it (which I don't understand what they don't know about the switch to make use of it considering it's basically a more powerful standalone Wii-U tablet, which your second "no-DLC" link actually had Masuda saying that they would have reconsidered making core games on the Wii-U if it were portible.. Nintendo Switch much?), then I guess we'll wait and see what they come up with.

Now of course, I'm not saying that the fanbase is justified in making a 1:1 scale Mt. Everest model out of salt, but I very much understand their disappointment that a rerelease of SuMo is what GF is going to have to offer.  If anything, if USuMo does turn out to be the pile of disappointment the fans are making it out to be due to a lack of actual info, then I would personally then prefer that they had just held back for a year and focused on making their next product that will come after USuMo even better, so as to not piss off the fanbase even more. In regards to Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum, those are all given the ok since that was when there was no method of updating those games (especially the GB titles). USuMo, unless, as I mentioned earlier, has literally no means of getting these potential new features in without making a whole new game, shouldn't really need a WHOLE new cartridge.

Update: On the other hand, however, if the theory that the map received a massive change (based on the symbol on Solgaleo and Lunala's heads resembling the island challenge amulet with a fractured pink piece turned into four other pieces and the fact that Akala has an active volcano as well as the fact that we've had volcanos erupt before [Cinnabar Island]) is true, then I'd be inclined to believe that the resulting changes would be too big for a patch/DLC.
Here's my source on the Island change theory, which also explains other differences that could lead me to believe that the changes are too big to be contained in a game update to add a separate story:

[video=youtube]

So yeah, hopefully more details emerge that can at least show the game needs a whole fucking rerelease to contain these new things as opposed to being able to just update the game. I'm still rather disappointed that they'd let this saltstorm emerge, though.

On a side note: I am really digging those new forms. They look pretty fucking cool.

You do know that the official creators of Pokemon/Pokemon Main-Games said that this will be something different, right? And, all in all, who cares if it comes out one year or one day after the original? That doesn't mean it's bad, I mean... it's not even OUT yet. That's like saying an entire movie sucks by just viewing the trailer. You can't watch a 20-second trailer and automatically claim all these things about the game or company, that's very foolish. Fans like to take something the OFFICIAL CREATORS said and turn it into something that literally makes no sense. Pokemon Stars was something that had no evidence on it and simply blew up because fans took it waaaaaay too seriously. Poor journalism, gullible fans who believe anything they see if it remotely looks like Pokemon, and the people who spread these lies.

People were saying the same shit about Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Z. GameFreak FLAT OUT SAID that they are not going to make such games. Where are the fans now? GameFreak has been proven to always switch things up and surprise fans. So for this to annoy or baffle fans only means that they don't know how GameFreak really works. 

HEADCANON%2BPEIN.jpg

Pokemon Fans in a nutshell.

Of course Nintendo is making the routine 3rd version for a cash grab, but I find it somewhat unusual to be 2 separate versions like they did with BW2.

Animal Crossing offered a patch for what was essentially BIG add-ons. 

I did some quick googling and might have a few guesses as to why they aren't patching. 

A 3DS cartridge is speculated to have a max memory of ~8-9 Gigabytes. The highest 3DS game I know of is Smash, taking up a good 7.2 GB with some wiggle room for DLC or patches. Sun/Moon takes up 3.2 GB, which is about 20k+ blocks. 

So, perhaps Ultra SM will have an expanded story with prerendered cutscenes that would take up too much space to be applied as a patch alone? I'm not sure what a new storyline would entail. This probably won't take the approach that GF did with Black and White 2, but I can say with certainty now that BW2 was baby steps toward this approach for Sun and Moon, as Masuda (or someone else on the team) mentioned that by the time the public gets their mitts on a new game, they would already be working on the next by quite a bit.

Perhaps Sinnoh will be tied in, perhaps it will not. We just have to wait and see. Who knows, maybe Kalos will get more of the spotlight and Game Freak was just messing with us to think it was the dullest region around? 

That's the reasoning i can come up with, anyway. Either way, GIVE US YOUR MONEYZ should not come as a surprise to anyone when it comes to big name publishers.

Freak said:
Let me reword my statement since you seem to have misunderstood it. The problem with USuMo is that it, the game ITSELF, is being released only a year AFTER the original. Unless this is a sequel (in which case why the fuck can they not just append a 2 to it?), then this is no good. Unless the game in and of itself has some major improvements that, for whatever goddamn reason, can't be added in a game patch, then it's ok. A few forms and new pokemon won't just make the cut, especially since it shouldn't be that hard to patch those in.

That first link refers EXCLUSIVELY to purchasing literal Pokemon, and as such has no relation to the topic whatsoever. As for the second link, that's from a four year old article in reference to XY when it was new. A lot can change in four years, and with the lack of transparency we see from GF regarding their actual production process,  we don't really know what the hell they're exactly planning to do.

My argument still stands. You making judgement of a game that no one has any idea of what it actually contains, how the story is going to be or anything of the sort and not even out yet. You're jumping through towers of assumptions based on little information over a twenty-second trailer. To determine that the game(s) is "no good" based off of that is unfounded. Just because it does not fit the merit of some fans' expectations is equally mind-blogging. 

Third versions is a stable in the series for twenty years and will continue to be the staple from thus far.  It's like complaining that GameFreak makes two version of the same game with minor differences between them. Hell, there was a backlash against Black 2 and White 2 for this reason (and not being Pokemon Grey). There is no reason Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum to get a  free pass because of "Well! They didn't have a way to update it!" when they can easily just simply make the next set of games or not withhold "content" for a third version. Same thing can be said for remakes. This is standard for GameFreak with main-series Pokemon. No one should be surprise here. Furthermore, each third version always offer a different experience compare to the previous entries.

There was a reason why I added the first link into the topic to emphasized the idea that any form of DLC will most likely not happen anytime soon.  I can acknowledge that anything can change within 4 years, but it's clear that it isn't happening now and they have no plans for such at the moment. Furthermore, each third version always offered an different experience. Hell, people were outright wanting Stars to be announced to be the supposed third version.  Suppose that it was announced for the Switch. People would still complain even harder because now they have to buy a 300+ system and a "re-release" Sun and Moon games that could fall between 40-60 bucks

So again, how about wait until we actually get full-on information of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon instead of crying "Freaking GameFreak! Taking muh money!"? 

As I said earlier, it matters with the current fanbase. This is more than a little "troll lens flare" to censor out the important details of a NEW game, this is a small reveal trailer of what we can only currently assume is a rerelease of the RECENTLY released game. As for ORAS? That's still a "new" game, for lack of a better word. It's also something we wanted.

How can anyone just assumed that it's a "re-release" of a game, when there was clear differences in the new games? One has to sit there, watch the trailer and be all "whelp, nothing is changed here, so it's obviously a re-release of Sun and Moon!". 

And why should remakes be an exception? I can wager an argument that ORAS has no reason to be made, ORAS megas, Primals and the Delta Episode can easily be patch through DLC for XY instead of being a "$40 game" and simply release R/S/E as VC. Same thing can easily be applied for D/P remakes. If remakes of a game can be considered new, then Ultra Sumo are considered the same. 

If it were a third-party title we were talking about, this would be understandable. What you have to understand, however, is that we are talking about a first-party title, and a staple title at that. Hell, the Switch barely even had any titles that targeted children (Skylanders, that's it). For a company that prides themselves on their first-party titles moreso than Sony and MSoft, they haven't really tried to impress us on the Switch in regards to that. But of course, if they want to wait and see how they could make use of it (which I don't understand what they don't know about the switch to make use of it considering it's basically a more powerful standalone Wii-U tablet, which your second "no-DLC" link actually had Masuda saying that they would have reconsidered making core games on the Wii-U if it were portible.. Nintendo Switch much?), then I guess we'll wait and see what they come up with.

The one in bold have nothing to do with GameFreak - they only make main-series Pokemon games-nor The Pokemon Company, that falls on Nintendo. Once again, GameFreak never switch consoles in a current generation. If you are hoping for a main-series Pokemon game on a Switch, simply wait for Generation 8. This is the same argument that people had with Black 2 and White 2 was first announced for the Nintendo DS, rather than the 3DS. Literally nothing changes. 

The consoles not having enough titles to appeal to children have no bearing in this argument. Furthermore, with the shortages of consoles stock, it would be incredibly stupid for GameFreak to transition to the Switch anyways.

Now of course, I'm not saying that the fanbase is justified in making a 1:1 scale Mt. Everest model out of salt, but I very much understand their disappointment that a rerelease of SuMo is what GF is going to have to offer.  If anything, if USuMo does turn out to be the pile of disappointment the fans are making it out to be due to a lack of actual info, then I would personally then prefer that they had just held back for a year and focused on making their next product that will come after USuMo even better, so as to not piss off the fanbase even more. In regards to Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum, those are all given the ok since that was when there was no method of updating those games (especially the GB titles). USuMo, unless, as I mentioned earlier, has literally no means of getting these potential new features in without making a whole new game, shouldn't really need a WHOLE new cartridge.

On the other hand, however, if the theory that the map received a massive change (based on the symbol on Solgaleo and Lunala's heads resembling the island challenge amulet with a fractured pink piece turned into four other pieces and the fact that Akala has an active volcano as well as the fact that we've had volcanos erupt before [Cinnabar Island]) is true, then I'd be inclined to believe that the resulting changes would be too big for a patch/DLC.

So yeah, hopefully more details emerge that can at least show the game needs a whole fucking rerelease to contain these new things as opposed to being able to just update the game. I'm still rather disappointed that they'd let this saltstorm emerge, though.

Of course the fanbase is not justified for shitposting nonsense over a baseless rumor. They have no one else to blame except for themselves for believing in some bullshit that never had any basis. GameFreak, The Pokemon Company and Nintendo are not responsible for fans who hype themselves over nothing and get angry because they did not get what they wanted. They were disappointed because they thought the game would be on the Switch. They thought it would be Diamond/Pearl Remakes. They thought it would be Stars. This did not turned out to be the case and now they are angry because they did not get what THEY expected to have. It's the same shit when people were spewing rage when we got Black 2 and White 2 instead of Grey when it was first announced (and then 2 weeks later, had to clarified that it will have a new story because people, just as now, are shitting up a storm with assumptions). 

People need to stop acting like they just gotten into Pokemon because they should know this is how GameFreak operates.
[align=center][video=youtube]

It was revealed that a new Pokémon main series game is under development for the Nintendo Switch. The Pokémon Company has reconfirmed that this game will not be seen for more than a year.

55d.gif

And bam, there it is! All people needed to do is just be patience. 

Anywho, corocoro scans had been released:

corocoro7171.jpg
corocoro7172.jpg
corocoro7173.jpg

Nothing new, but there some information about Ultra Sun and Moon(basically saying, hey this exist kids!), and some information regarding 20th Movie Hat Ash-Pikahchu:

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. In this issue, it confirms that Marshadow will be distributed with the movie on July 15th 2017 in Japan. It also reveals the first artwork for Marshadow's appearance when it uses its special moves, as well as the first official look at its Z-Move, Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike, which is available through the Z-Crystal that comes with the distribution of Marshadow. It also reconfirms the Ho-Oh distribution happening via Serial Code in the magazine next month. In the page for the Pokémon arcade game, Pokémon Ga-Olé, it confirms that there will be a special disc for the "I Choose You" Cap Pikachu, a Pikachu wearing the cap that Ash wears in the new movie. However, it notes that you can scan this QR Code into Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon to get the Pikachu with this cap in the game. This variant of Pikachu is not currently available in Pokémon Sun & Moon. This promotional Ga-Olé disc is obtained when you go to see the movie. This works in a similar manner to the distribution of Magearna in Japan last year. We'll post the QR Code for the game when it comes out. International distribution methods for this new form remain unclear.

>Believing in a rumor this hard
>Believing what the Pokemon fans say over the official company.
>Being upset when Pokemon Stars Rumor isn't real.
>Claiming company is bad for proving them wrong.
>Being this naive about said company.

Not even a few days later, the amount of sheer laughter that comes out of me still hurts my sides. All these people who complained about Pokemon not being on the Switch just got BTFO so hard. Where are they now?

Kinda reminds me of this: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/380287604

It honestly feels really good to see these people stfu after Gamefreak/Pokemon Company just said they're making a CORE game for the Switch. 

2017-06-14.png

While the fans are killing themselves over a rumor, I'm sitting here watching this nonsense like...

5572c82ca6f208ce6848ec38e3e9fdc6.jpg

Idgaf about Marshmellow or HeeHoo, where my Alolan Bellossom at!?
7421.jpg

No comment on the rumor stuff and the confirmation on a Switch game because it's off-topic/unrelated to Ultra SuMo on its own given it's merely some announcement. (Do we have a Pokemon General thread? We should make one eventually)

I would like Alolan forms for a lot of Plant types, if only for appearance sakes, but an Alolan Bellossom if we ever get one would probs get a fairy typing or something to that effect. It is legit a hula doll, and I didn't get an Alola form despite the game being Hawaii-based.

ALSO ALSO, WHERE MY MF DOLPHIN POKEMON AT!?

I have no problems for a Pokemon announcement. 

Considering that G/S was just announced ... there's no doubt in my mind that there will be some Johto love for Alolan formes. Don't know how it would work for Pokemon with Mega stones, since all the alolan Pokemon so far, are Pokemon without megas. And assuming if Johto Starters do not get megas of some form.

And I know this is all speculation and headcanon, but something just pop up in my mind. Dexio and Sina commented on Zygarde being in Alola and tried to understand why it's in this region. I'm beginning to think that Zygarde senses the dangers of the Ultra Beasts floating around. If Nercomza gets a new forme, I would not be surprise if the two battle each other out in a badass cutscene. \

And I hope for new Ultra Beasts as well. :maybe: They are my favorite set of Pokemans.

LoopyPanda said:
ALSO ALSO, WHERE MY MF DOLPHIN POKEMON AT!?

LOOPY KNOWS WHAT WE NEED! We indeed need a dolphin Pokemon ASAP. Water/fairy would be my bet. Let's make it pinkish blue.

Fossil Fighters had a dolphin fossil in their very first game!!

So if GF makes a dolphmon, it probably won't resemble this one: Sea green wouldn't hurt either, but I'd shoot for a pink one
Shoni.png

We probably won't be see any new Pokemon for Ultra Sumo; new Pokemon usually signify a new Generation. Not saying it will never happen, but it's unlikely at the moment. However, they did release a new screenshot of this the Pikachu for USUM. The flowers in the background seems to be a nod to the original Generation 1 games. :think:

ichooseyoucappikachu.jpg

You and me both...

I'm just dying to know when we will get some kind of information about these games. I'm hoping July would bring some news, but it might be until August if we get any info.

Back
Top Bottom