Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

So, Pokemon Japan uploaded this earlier today. Idk if it actually has to do with the Ultra games or not since it's so cryptic, but I'll take a shot in the dark and post in here anyway since it's new and has some footage of SuMo:

[video=youtube]

It's really weird, not sure what to think about it. Primarily because I don't speak Japanese. Though that would imply the text itself isn't cryptic either. It's just so odd.

Damn, what the hell? 

I check the website, it seems to be a mobile game about Pokemon Mysteries featuring two investigators. :think:

The Daisuki Club always does weird campaigns like this. They just did a Magnemite one. It could mean nothing, but then again, this isn't the first time they added some twist into the lore (Hilda riding a Shellder on the ocean).

Wonder why they decided to include footage from Gen 4 and nothing before that?... odd. lol Still more interesting than any other developments from recently at least.

I just want some footage already! Something!! Anything.

Here's some more Ultra SuMo content-- not about the actual game, but the packaging!

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon Fan Edition and Ultra Dual Edition announced for Europe, US
Two special editions of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon have been announced by Nintendo and will be made available in Europe and North America.

These editions [...] are the Fan Edition and the Ultra Dual Edition [...]. The Fan Edition, as of press time, doesn’t seem to be available for North America – but we will keep checking.

According to Nintendo, the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Edition features retail copies of both games housed in a SteelBook. It also comes with two download codes for each containing 50 potions.

Those who opt for the Pokemon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon Fan Edition will find the respective game houses in a SteelBook, the inside of which is decorated with all 27 PokeBall variants.

pokemon_ultra_sun_and_moon_ultra_dual_edition-600x290.jpg

A price for the two editions wasn’t provided for Europe but surely we’ll find out more once each sku once retailers make them available for pre-order before the game releases in November.

Over in the US, Amazon has the Steelbook Dual Pack listed for $79.99 so we expect the UK and EU prices to be equivalent.

[...]

I shortened the article quotation for simpicity's sake. Read the full article here.

Additional images (not finalized yet):
pokemon_ultra_sun_and_moon_ultra_dual_edition_1.jpg
pokemon_ultra_sun_and_moon_ultra_dual_edition_2.jpg

pokemon_ultra_sun_fan_edition.jpg

pokemon_ultra_moon_fan_edition.jpg

I like how they didn't even bother to show off the Box Art yet... those teasing bastards xD

I guess we're all spoil with the reveals they had done for SuMo and now people are craving for more :wagh:

[align=center][video=youtube]

So what do you guys think about the new updates regarding Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? This is the first time they actually added a Pokemon in the middle of a generation. :think:  Before this, it always forms or Legendaries from previous games (but weren't catchable). I also have a theory that Necromza is an evolution of Cosmog (Nebby), hence why Necromza is able to absorb Solgaleo and Lunala.

Golfball the Clown and Monol from Monster Rancher got jobs as Pokemon! Good on them! :p

Jokes aside, this looks great

I'm fucking hype! New Ultra Beasts, new worlds, new characters. I can't wait for these games! :wagh:

[align=center][video=youtube]

More news of the game will come out on November 10th. 

Man, the hype is too damn strong in this one. What do you guys think? :wagh:

This is so much hype I can't even take it! As for what I think about the whole Rainbow Rocket reveal, it's more than what I actually expected. This whole time I thought it was fake but now I can say that I was wrong and I'm not ashamed of it. I think each bad guy will have a legendary (respective to their story and your version of the game)

My only wonder is if the whole 'Bad guys win in their timeline/world' what happened to the protagonists of those worlds? I assume Dawn/Lucas/Calem/Serena all died because Cyrus made a new universe and Lysandre erased all of Kalos.

Alternatively, the villains could have "won" because the protagonists were not born in the alternate timeline or never became trainers. So they had no true opponent to stop them in the first place. Or the trainers became evil, but I find this implausible... makes me wonder about Silver and Giovani in the AR world. 

Too bad they call it Rainbow Rocket rather than Prism rocket. Sounds a lot cooler imo. My biggest question is why Faba is featured in place of Lusamine. Does this mean she wasn't a shite parent in the alternate universe and that let Faba take over, seeing as he was ambiguously evil in SM? :lmao:

I hate that they used the RSE designs for Archie and Maxie, but that's probably for the best. I don't want the Jock and Nerd duo to be true evil B| XD Cyrus doesn't move in his battle card for some reason, he seems pissed to be there... 

I'm 100% here for a Guzma redemption arc though.

"It's just a re-release of the same game!"

It might be possible that Giovanni isn't from an alternate world, but simply gather all the other villains to back him up. Though, it doesn't explain how he obtained Mewtwo. 

Fun FactL: Sun and Moon were initially referred as "Pokémon Rainbow" before it's announcement. So it seems like Game Freak has been working on this idea for a couple of years now. With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, we see the brute force of their anniversary. I wonder how the Old 3DS will be able to handle that kind of content? Better upgrade folks.

Cyrus does move a little bit, but it mostly just looking up. I also notice that Lysandre have a sinister look on his face when he battles you. Guess killing all those people brought out an interest that he wasn't aware he had, the screams of millions sound music to his ears :maybe: 

I wonder what more can they show off next. There's a trademark of "Solar/Lunar Eclipse Necromza" being registered. Don't know if that are the formes when he took over the Mascot Legendaries or his brand new forms. Also, interesting to note that you can encounter Legendaries in a specific dungeon that reference what they do. 

What starters are you guys choosing for USUM?

We're getting the same starters right? I'm sticking w/ Popplio. Don't care to deviate from it (I chose Snivy for BW2. Hated it, boxed it. NEVER AGAIN). As long as I don't end up having to catch the exact same Pokemon as SM. Lol

Also, I don't think anybody can argue USM is a reskin now without getting laughed off the internet. Drink your brainjuice, chads

Nice! I'm currently sticking with Incineroar, but I really want Houndoom on my team. :wagh:

Yeah, at this point, people creating this meme about "this is the exact same game, no changes" is pretty much dead. Whether or not you're going to buy an enhanced version have no bearing on making false statements. Wait for the Pokemon Switch games for 2019 folks!

Also, watch out for leaks of USUM since people revealed it through piracy and CIA leaks. So avoid the internet about Pokemon for a good while.

The big Pokemon OST channel, Pokeli has already posted leaked music tracks. They weren't wrong when they leaked the soundtrack of SM before the official soundtrack was released. So steer clear of the pokemon OST side of youtube for the next two weeks, as the thumbnails they make may spoil you unintentionally (event, pokemon, character, etc). They can also end up in your recommendeds. Listen on if you don't care about that tho

I've pretty much avoided anything about USM ever since the trailer was released, the trailer was plenty of spoils for me XD

Tumblr, twitter, and image boards are the biggest pools of leaks so do be careful of leaks/fakes treading the search feeds!

Music is fine by me, though I just only listen to one just to see how good it is. Wasn't disappointed. 

I hope Nintendo of America stops giving these YouTubers review copies. It's clear that they can't be trusted with keeping the games to themselves without spreading that shit online. Not even XY was leaked that hard (it was simply sold early) and never face piracy. Then you have a bunch of crybabies complaining how GameFreak did not include certain things like Battle Frontier in ORAS ::lmao:

Back
Top Bottom