Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

ShineCero said:
If you need help with strategies and whatnot, I can definitely lend a hand! :p

and wait.. how many cosmogs do you have? xD

Haha thanks for the offer! I'll take you up on it when I decide to try the Battle tree thingy. xD

Right now I've only got 5, cuz I traded a few for other pokemons. Dude i even got a lvl 90+ cosmog for a lvl 1 castform. xD But sigh..its a slow process haha

Ploep said:
ShineCero said:

Haha thanks for the offer! I'll take you up on it when I decide to try the Battle tree thingy. xD

Right now I've only got 5, cuz I traded a few for other pokemons. Dude i even got a lvl 90+ cosmog for a lvl 1 castform. xD But sigh..its a slow process haha

No problem! I've been building lots of competitve teams over the last three years. My main team, despite the newest Pokemon is still kicking ass XD

(though I have to bench them because no Gardevoir's mega stone is unavailable  :katcry:)

What luck! :lmao: Z is currently trying to complete her Pokedex, she'll definitely asked for one lol

Ploep said:
ShineCero said:

YES! I NEED JUST ONE! I wanna have one of each Pokemon, truly fill the Pokedex as is. (I'm only missing Volcanion...)

~ Z ~ said:
YES! I NEED JUST ONE! I wanna have one of each Pokemon, truly fill the Pokedex as is. (I'm only missing Volcanion...)

You need a cosmog? Oh then you can just tell me when you want one and we can trade. :D

And daang nice going there! I'm totally working without a plan..so  I'm dabbling in between farming, festival plaza, trying to catch all pokemons and battles at the same time. xD Oh and shinies if I'll ever get to find one hahaha.

Ploep said:
~ Z ~ said:

You need a cosmog? Oh then you can just tell me when you want one and we can trade. :D

And daang nice going there! I'm totally working without a plan..so  I'm dabbling in between farming, festival plaza, trying to catch all pokemons and battles at the same time. xD Oh and shinies if I'll ever get to find one hahaha.

I'm free anytime, really. Just send me a PM with your FC and any other sort of info. BLESS YOU MY CHILD!

Gotcha, I'll message you on Skype..its easier that way xD

Also what do you guys think of the theory that..
Mohn, the guy from Poke Pelago, is in fact Lusamine's husband and so Lillie and Gladions father? His hair color and style looks like Gladions, and Gladion even said his fathers name was Mohn if I remember correctly. If it's true does that mean Mohn lost his memories by also going into the wormhole? So many questionss

Ploep said:

Mohn, the guy from Poke Pelago, is in fact Lusamine's husband and so Lillie and Gladions father? His hair color and style looks like Gladions, and Gladion even said his fathers name was Mohn if I remember correctly. If it's true does that mean Mohn lost his memories by also going into the wormhole? So many questions

I'm sure that Mohn is definitely the husband of Lusamine and the father of Lillie and Gladion. Similar to what had happen to Anabel, he lost his memories going through the Ultra Wormhole and wound up on the islands. Kind of sad that his disappearance literally kick started the plot of the game, but they are unaware of his presence :katcry:

Ploep said:

Mohn, the guy from Poke Pelago, is in fact Lusamine's husband and so Lillie and Gladions father? His hair color and style looks like Gladions, and Gladion even said his fathers name was Mohn if I remember correctly. If it's true does that mean Mohn lost his memories by also going into the wormhole? So many questionss

My thoughts about the whole theory leans to it being true. I really do think that Mohn is the father to Lillie and Gladion as well as Lusamine's husband. I think that Lusamine's insane character and obsession with the UBs came from the day she lost her husband. When Mohn was missing, the last thing (I assume) that Lunsamine saw was either an ultra wormhole or a UB. From that point, she lost her husband and she did everything possible to try and find him as well as keep those she cared about safe. That would explain why she kept some frozen Pokemon in her underground lab, to prevent them from disappearing like her husband did. Lusamine's obsession with the UBs could just be her being frantic of trying to find her husband. This might explain why Lusamine was willing to go the distance to travel to the Beast World, in hopes of finding her husband within it. Of course, this is all my assumption and opinion. Nothing is fact unless GF says so.

Well, it usually always a sign that the character is somewhat related unless they're doing it ironically.

You have fans literally thinking that Lillie was an ultra beast when in actuality, it was the other way around. So I say the coincidence of Mohn having the same name, hair color and eyes points that he's actually the father.

Honestly, I just thing our villains this game are great, team skull is a riot.

It's so funny I've been able to get difficult obtainable pokemons by trading Castforms. I'm so lazy. xD
I've gotten another Porygon, Type:Null, Magmar, Pikachu, Electabuzz, Metagross, Sharpedo, Celesteela, even Lunala and multiple cosmogs. xD

Wow, you are getting lucky! Lol. I need to catch some more mons so I can trade :maybe:

> Be me
> Catching Pokes
> Find a Salandit 
> Damn, not a female. Well, it can call for help.
> Calls for help, but it's always male.
> wtf.. keeps doing it until it calls for a female
> 30 minutes have passed by, no female.
> Became enraged nuked one of them.
> Calls for help again didn't even pay attention to the gender
> Nukes both of them because of how angry that I been this long trying to find a female
> took one look at the last minute... realized that it was a female it finally called before it died.

Lucky! I still haven't found one. It's ridiculous that some pokemon's gender is hard as shit to find in the wild :wagh:

fullblue said:
I haven't played yet. What are new?

I had to spoiler it because it might end up a wall of text. Hopefully I'll answer your question properly:

-Festival Plaza is essentially your new online communication hub for Wifi battles among other things (missions as well)
-Pokemon Amie is now called PokeRefresh, where you can pet them, feed them pokebeans, and care for them post battle to increase affection and enjoyment values.
-Battle Royal - a 4 player mode where each player sends in one of three Pokémon they bring to battle. In it, they can target down any of the other Pokémon on the field. This mode is a Free-For-All, so it's every player for themselves. Spread moves have their damage reduced by 50%. Mechanics for Double Battles such as attention diverting through Follow Me or the new move Spotlight are in effect here.The mode can be played in a special facility in single player, or over multiplayer using the Festival Plaza communication modes.
-Poke Pelago is an app that you use to harvest Pokebeans to feed your pokemon (and use for exchanges), expand small islets for pokemon in your PC to explore, and grow harvests of berries (which are useful for when you need to quickly reduce EV points by feeding pokemon berries... I'm still looking into that process myself), among other things. Hope someone can explain Poke Pelago more in depth than me!
-HM moves do not exist in Alola (you can obtain them as TMs, but I don't know the extent of it past Fly), instead you have a pager equipped to call forth Pokemon to help you with tasks HM moves used to do for you such as: fishing, Surf, pushing boulders, smashing rocks (in and out of water), dowsing for items on the ground, walking on rocky terrain, Fly to certain areas on the map (and can fly between islands), et cetera
-Gym Leaders have been replaced with Captains+Totem Pokemon (Island Trials) and Kahunas (Grand Trials). Elite 4 is historically new to the region, but completing all the trials and defeating all the Kahunas  earn you the title Trial Champion. Defeating Captains and Kahunas reward you with Z-crystals for a particular pokemon type as the Alola verson of 'badges'.
-Your Pokedex is essentially a Rotom inhabiting it-- you can also take pictures of roaming pokemon at certain prompt areas and save pictures to your DS.
-Ash-Greninja/Battle bond abilities. I don't know much about this one.
-Z-Crystals must be held by Pokemon with moves of the same type as the crystal they hold (or have a Z-Crystal specifically for them) to activate their Z-moves; these essentially activate a super powered move that deals quite a bit of damage-- but if you miss, you cannot do it again because Z-moves are limited to 1 use per party per battle.
-No Megas for us (?); instead, the starters each obtain their own unique Z-Crystal for their final stage forms to use.
-Some pokemon appear in a different form (Alola formes); while you can still see the same species in the usual form, those caught in Alola will evolve to their Alola form. This usually implies changes in stats/type/movesets compared to their non-Alolan versions.
-Zygarde cores and cells are collected throughout the region to power up Zygarde into different forms, iirc. I may be wrong.
-If you keep the titular legendary in your party and complete the rest of the game afterwards, you apparently unlock a secret cutscene. XD
-SOS Calls - Wild pokemon at the end of a turn may or may not attempt to call forth an Ally pokemon, which may or may not appear. People have used these for EV training, Shiny hunting, and EXP grinding.
-At cafes in pokecenters, you are rewarded Rare Candies if you feed your pokemon Pokebeans often enough.
-The daycare is available early on in the game, so you can get to work on breeding if you wish.

That's all off the top of my head. Anyone else ITT can feel free to chime in or correct me if I'm wrong on something. Especially hope someone can explain Poke Pelago & Ash-Greninja/Battle Bond ability more in depth than me! lol

If there's anyone who's beaten the game and knows enough about the in-game stuff on top of the current competitive meta that I failed to include, feel free to throw that in your posts! I know I'd need them lol

Few things to expand on what Loopy said. 

Ash-Greninja/Battle bond abilities. I don't know much about this one.

If you played the Sun/Moon demo, you will received Ash's Greninja, with an ability called Battle Bond. Battle Bond allows Greninja to transformed into a more powerful state, called Ash-Greninja, after he defeats a Pokemon. This increases his stats (50+ in Attack, 50+ in Special Attack, 10+ in Speed), powers up Water Shuriken (from 15 to 20 base power) and guarantees 3 hits. Unlike megas, Ash-Greninja can hold items.

All the HMs are now TMs in this generation.

Megas are still in the game (not all though). This won't be obtainable until Post-Game when you fist challenge battle tree. Be prepared when you go there on Poni Island.

Poke Pelago can do the following:
  • Level up Pokemon
  • Increase Happiness/Hatching Eggs
  • Item Hunting (including hunting for evolution stones, shards, items to trade for monies, etc)
  • Growing Berries
  • Get Pokebeans (and used said Pokebans to lure Pokemon you haven't catch into PC box and if they enjoyed it, will join your party)
Daycare no longer gives you EXP. 

As Loopy said, when you get your Legendary, keep it in your party. You will get a special cutscenes regarding them throughout the rest of the game (story wise).

I literally only just now figured out that a 6iv pokemon i got by trade a long time ago was a shiny. The only reason i figured it out is because im leveling it up and a star kept appearing when i chose it.

Thanks random person for giving me my first shiny pokemon. XD

Also what do you guys think is the best place to easily lvl up pokemon? Only Poni island?

Back
Top Bottom