Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Looks like LEaker-Kun was right for once. Still doubt 90% of everything else he said but I'm curious!

Also, Exeggutor ftw.

I assume this thread can be used for discussion now that the game's out, eep!

I haven't left Melemele yet, but so far I really am enjoying Sun! I'm very happy they kept in character customization but I have a feeling I'll very minimally change my default outfit. xD

The new pokemon I've seen so far on the first island, I really like nearly all of them! I also like the music in Melemele Meadow. (Route 3). Reminds me of a mix between Pikmin music and the soundtrack for Super Mario Galaxy! might just be me though, haha!

I really like Cutiefly and the cheerleading bird! Super cute, but I know there's one that will take the cake for me... hehe

I'm loving Pokemon Sun so far!  I love the Pokemon Refresh thingy.. I've always wanted to pet pokemons :D

I'm already at the 4th island and just cant stop playing...my eyes are dying. xD

I haven't had the chance to complete the second island unfortunately (I'm at the third captain too!). I love Pokemon Refresh I can brush my Pokemon!!! I'm glad I'm not tormented by PokePuff minigames this time around. Pokebeans are rather crunchy for looking so soft and smushy though...

I LOVE STUFFUL AND WILL PROTECT IT AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Beat the game in 3 days, caught a bunch of Ultra-Beasts, and now working on the Pokedex(tm)

Pokemon Refresh: Pokemon Amie 2.0! I kinda miss the mini games, but oh well...

I just finished the story  :cry: I'm not good at handling endings. But wow I really liked everything about the game! I'm glad this was the first poke game I played T^T
And now im off to catch em all B)

Glad you guys are enjoying the game! I'm having a blast and already beaten the main story. Now I'm just collecting Pokemon in order to build my team for the Pokemon Challenge lol.

What was you guys favorite bits of the game?

Loved the fact that it's more challenging but not too hard for new comers. I personally love the music. It's my absolute favorite in the entire franchise, beating out B2/W2. Another thing I love about Sumo is the fact that they made it a bit easier to get your perfect team with a mix of old and new Pokemon. I made my team purely Alolan Pokemon but I had a blast playing through the game.

ShineCero said:
Drago said:
You two missed the entire point of my post or just didn't bother to actually read it. The first thing I said was make the gym leaders competent. After that, I said make them a higher level because they should be due to their status.

Nowhere in my response implies that your message didn't talk about competent of gym leaders. It's clear that I was only referring to your point on higher level gym leaders and expressed my disagreement. Then I further my position that the only problem is just the AI itself--agreeing with your point on competence--because that actually matters in terms of challenge for the long run.

Furthermore-- Gym Leaders are already higher than trainers you meet prior to them -- and if you prepared, it doesn't matter anyways unless you deliberately down-scaled grinding in some fashion. Just because some trainer(s) in other towns are stronger than Gym Leaders doesn't mean anything. Heck, you have trainers stronger than Elite Four (i.e Benga). Even the Pokemon Games established that Gym Leaders isn't necessarily being assigned too it or being the strongest -- it can be passed down.

Edit: If anything, if "high level status for Gym Leaders" is that apparent, they could have easily just have the gym leaders being 10 levels ahead of you regardless -- meaning it's fixed to be higher than yours regardless of grinding you do.

Just dumping off the older Pokemon because they're old is a great way to irritate a lot of people. I never said to make every Pokemon competitively viable. I actually said the opposite and that I didn't feel they should have to.

Never said you did. 

I'm alright with adding more Pokemon as long as they show the same care to every single family in some way. They can even add in new items to counter some of these effects if they want. Just give them something. They've shown the ability to do with some Pokemon.

• Generation 2 with Baby Pokes/Egg moves. 
  • Generation 3 with the Natures and Abilities. 
  • Generation 4 with the Physical/Special Split + Further Evolutions for some Pokémon. 
  • Generation 5 with Hidden abilities. 
  • Generation 6 with Mega-Evolution. 
  • Adding items such as Eviolite for fans who dislike Generation 4 Evolutions of Generation 1/2/3 Pokémon
  • Change the base stats of Pokémon (which was practically unthinkable until now) for an hand full of Pokémon
  • Given Pokemon at least one new move -whether from tutoring/breeding/level-up/events as each new generation debuts
  • Inclusion of Fairies that older Pokémon benefited from--such as Mawile.
GameFreak has clearly shown to give Pokémon something in each generation. Just because one doesn't have a kickass ability or gets something that "hinders" or doesn't benefit them (in other words, it isn't as seen as useful in fans' eyes) -- despite that GameFreak thinking it fits them-- doesn't mean they don't care about their creation. Ironically enough, Rotom-formes is popular in the competitive field, especially the infamous OU presenter, Rotom-Wash. Ledian is clearly a reference to Pulseman. 

In addition, as I stated before, your post is points more-so towards the competitive community. You're right about GameFreak's inability to care; they don't care about the metagame for the most part (although they expressed interest in doubles and their reasoning for making a fairy type) and when they do show interest-it has no impact on how they create Pokémon. They create Pokémon to be appealing for the audience to bond with, along with throwing in reference from mythos, lore and even meta examples of their previous games (Ledian-Pulseman)--they're not motivated to creating Pokémon to have something going for them -- especially when said Pokémon can have the good *insert here* but horrible *insert here* in fan's opinions and be considered "trash".

Right on the money :kek:

And I like how people are complaining that the game is "harder" despite wanting bitching about it. Guess GameFreak can't please anyone, huh?

Personally, I lost to Red, twice, when entering the Battle Tree. (The first time was because I mostly had my weaker Pokemon and I was training a special Smeargle) His Venusaur completely countered my entire team. Maybe I suck or I just didn't expect his Venusaur to have Bulldoze for my Salazzle (She's x4 to ground and her defenses aren't that good.) On top of that, my Lurantis was destroyed by a Sludge bomb, Mudsdale fell to a Leaf Storm, Primarina was killed by Sludge Bomb, and this thing even killed my Lunala. I never even got to see the rest of Red's team. 

Blue, on the other hand, was still a hard battle for me.

That friggin Gyarados...

Again, the game isn't hard but you cannot run through it like previous games or you will get slammed. Hell, I noticed that I nearly lost to many NPCs later in the game the deeper I went into Poni Island.

Damn. I haven't fought them yet... I need to trained my pokes by building a new team. Heard Battle Tree is a monster due to hax coming in full fucking force. :kek:

Dodododoo, don't mind me skipping posts to avoid googling out my confusion.

OK SERIOUSLY Y'ALL THAT LURANTIS TOTEM TOOK MY SHREK AND REKT IT LIKE... 3 TIMES! It was literal hell to complete jesus christ!!!! I also got lost and couldn't figure out where to go next for 15 minutes lmao

Yeah. The Totem Pokemon are a beast in this game. I have noticed that I consistently loses 1 or 2 pokemon in this game. Granted that Trainers are EV trained and even have perfect IVs, but shit lol.

You being champion is definitely a breath of fresh air.

Also! Pokemon Sun and Moon have sole about 9.4 million copies around the world. People are preaching to god that Yokai Watch was going to kill Pokemon. :kek: Looks like that's never going to happen anytime soon.

So, I've completed the Looker Quest, capturing all the Ultra Beasts (Sun). Looker dropped a massive story bomb in regards to Anabel. She'd passed through the Ultra Wormhole and supposedly came from another world. Don't know if that's GameFreak confirming that they are indeed multiple universes or what.

Another thing that Anabel was found, washed up on the shores of Alola in a similar vein of Looker in ORAS. Could it be possible that Looker also fell from the wormhole? :think:

That whole thing with Anabel went over my head because im not really familiar with the other pokemon games. I only thought she looked a lot like Kirigiri from Danganronpa. xD

I need to read into battle strategies because I have no idea what way of fighting is the most efficient.

Right now I'm just trying to collect as many Cosmogs as possible by trading Feebas and Castforms. xD

Ploep said:
That whole thing with Anabel went over my head because im not really familiar with the other pokemon games. I only thought she looked a lot like Kirigiri from Danganronpa. xD

I need to read into battle strategies because I have no idea what way of fighting is the most efficient.

Right now I'm just trying to collect as many Cosmogs as possible by trading Feebas and Castforms. xD

If you need help with strategies and whatnot, I can definitely lend a hand! :p

and wait.. how many cosmogs do you have? xD

Back
Top Bottom