No More Heroes: Rebirth [Ended]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebonwu places them at the table and laughs heartily.

"Look at all this wonderful food! How could one possibly be angry at a time like this?!" Ebon laughs.

He grabbed a bread roll and starts to chow down.

"I'll take it since he brought us here, you guys must be his friends" Chris asks.

"I see the giggling shadow, but not the spiky hedgehog. And these are our newest friends!"

Ebon picks up Jess, Celeste and Gryffin in one, giant hug.

"Yeah! I have lotsa friends!" Cernia said, having sat down in the seat Naolyn had saved for her instinctively. "This is Nao, that's Nessa, there's Tico, Ryder, Daiman, Yoonie, Celeste, Gryffin, Rai, and uh... Gio's not around here?" She had been pointing to everyone at the table during her ramble. "Aya's a new friend! I forgot the others..."

"He's still outside I guess." Raimundo said. "He and his lady friend are new additions. Ray's definitely a new friend of ours!"

"I think itsh' very funny." Celeste smushed her potato-covered face into Jess's cheek upon having been picked up by Ebonwu. "Here, take some!" Under the mashed potato on her cheeks, she was sneering with glee in the satisfaction she was getting the reaction she wanted out of Jess.

"Take some of mine!" Gryffin pressed his face into Jess's other cheek to further cover her in mash. "We're BEST friends, aren't we? Friends share with friends." His voice was strained.

Yoon didn't say anything else in response. She simply looked at Daiman with a sad expression before absentmindedly chewing on a piece of lettuce in her silence.
============

Clinic

"Don't speak such things now. You just need to focus on breathing. Fill your lungs with as much air as you can..." Magness continued to walk Rosalina through with getting through her panic attack. "Slowly now..." He kept his voice at a gentle level so as to not agitate her.

Cafeteria

Nessa wasn't a bit surprised that Commander Axe, at the time anyways, was full of hot air. "At least this whole Origin business wasn't something he pulled out of his ass. So Lost City and the Special Squad was built as a defense mechanism against this person who can warp reality with a wave of his hand... definitely sounds like a threat. However, it has nothing to do with us. We're not heroes, after all..." 

Though Nessa did sweated about the idea of such a being can even exist in this world, from the get go. "What selective breeding?"

"If I may inject, I might have some insight of that term." Aya said as he finished his burger. "Couple of years ago, prior to the destruction of Lost City, I was placed on a mission with few of my comrades on a isolated village, somewhere in Europe... Norway, about some troublesome specials that seems to display powers beyond usual. Upon what we there, was people deliberating trying to pair up with the best of the best specials in order for the offspring to attain the best of both worlds in terms of power and strength."

"What the hell?" Nessa said. "That's disgusting..."She turns to Cernia introducing them to this new stranger, giving out a wave when Cernia called her name.

Jess' face lit up in flames when Celeste's mashed-potatoes face was touching hers. Matters worsen when Gryffin added salt to the wounds by pressing his onto hers. "Friends!? No way! I wouldn't be friends with you if I was held at gunpoint! And you! Whoever  you are, put me down!" She turns to Ryder and Tico. "And you! Quit stuffing your faces and get this man off of me!" 

Daiman, seeing the sitituation feels a bit awkward, decided to signal Yoon about slipping away and head to the clinc. "Hey! Yoonie! Let's get out of here.." He whispiered as he left the area.

Clinic

"I'... I'm okay.." Rosalina said. "I .. I just never thought.. they will be here.." Rosalina's voice was cracking as she tried to hold back her tears. 

"uuh..." Xavier began to move a bit but it wasn't enough to prevent the sterilization to be applied. He began to mumbled. "I.. I can't feel my legs..." 

Outside of Mother's Sanctuary

Before Giovani was able to reached him, his entire body was placed frozen in place. His fist was nearing the man's face, whom bore a smile. "As I said, you are simply no match for me. The differences between us is night and day." The man moved his head slightly to the right, causing Giovani to be flung towards the direction of the wall of Mother's Sanctuary. 

Nearby Area

"Man, X is sure is pushy when it comes to find some recruits here and there. How come he couldn't do it himself?" Jason stated. "Oh well.." He noticed a man wandering around.

"Well, looks like I found someone..." 

CAFETERIA

Just another day in the cafeteria, the weather was great. Ivan was still handing out food with a big smile on his face. He smiled so bright because this is the first time his mashed potatoes was such a big hit in cafeteria, people seems to enjoy it some even came back for more. As always the cafeteria was busy as ever.

“ This never-ending line of people … ugh, when will I have the time to actually eat my own lunch “– He said

As the line went fewer and fewer, Ivan finally could have his lunch. He took a load of bread and some left-over smashed potatoes on the pan. He took a quick glanced throughout the kitchen and realized

“ Oh no … the watermelon salad I made was so good but no one have it ? “

A quick sad though came through his mind as he walks out of the kitchen. Tables were full of peoples, his green eyes glanced through the place as he tried to find a table for himself.

Ray waves wend he heard his name and says unaffected "You can justified horrible things if you don't see the victim as human."

Clinic

Theresa held the thermometer, relieved that the man wasn’t having a fever. She put it aside, and was getting back to treating the wound when the man started regaining his consciousness. Concern once again showed on her face hearing the man’s mumble. She wondered if she should break the news to him just yet.

“Don’t worry. Please hold still so I may treat your wounds.” She said in a soothing voice. “Our healers will come to your aid soon.”

Nearby area

The figure silently crept along the large tree branch, feline brown eyes watching the lone traveler below.  The moment the man walked close to its range, ‘the creature’ lunged down.

“AAaaah!” Esteban screamed, barely escaping from its claws. Four claw marks appeared on the back of his jacket. He tumbled on the ground, but quickly sat up and started running. “Sh*t sh*t sh*t I knew it!!!” He had no intention of looking back to see what kind of beast was after him. He tripped over a tree branch, then got his side bag tangled in another. He tugged so hard the bag ripped, sending him rolling on the ground. He quickly got up and started crawling. Only to see the figure leaping over his head and landed on the ground before him.

Before his very eyes, crouching on the ground was something like a combination of a mummy, a man and a leopard. The person was huge, half of his body covered in bandages. But most peculiar, his arms and legs were shaped like a feline creature, with brown fur and black spots. He even had a tail. The man was smirking at him as he turned around.

“Travelling alone are you?” The man spoke, making all the hair on his neck stand up.. “You humans make idiotic decisions.”

Esteban wanted to continue running, but his arms and legs were fixed in place out of fear. He shakily moved himself backward until his back hit the solid surface of a tree.

“W…what do you want? Money?”

The man stood up. His appearance began to shift. The feline features were fading as he walked closer. “Hmm, I do want money. But what’s the fun in that? No, no, that’d be too damn boring. I’ll tell you what isn’t.”

The man’s feature changed again, now one of his arms was slowly being covered in brown fur and the claws became larger. Esteban gulped. He didn’t like where this was going. He knew his luck was going to end somehow, but killed by creepy animal man???

In his panic, his hand touched a bottle on the ground. His side-bag had been ripped, causing things he had inside to be scattered around. It was a bottle of perfume, by the feel of it. Without a second thought, he just got up and sprayed it straight into the scary man’s eyes before running as fast as he could.

“ARGH (&%$#$%&*(($#$%^” The man yelled, covering his eyes in pain and backed off.

Ebonwu puts them all down and heads for the food. Upon seeing no one directly in front of him, he assumed you served yourself and grabbed the salad.

"I love watermelon." he states aloud. nun

"My name is Chris. I made my way here with a friend working in the clinic." The Rain introduces.

"He can use water" Ebon says, stuffing his face with salad. o3o

Looking throughout the whole place, looked like every table has been taken. Every plate was filled with mashed potatoes, meatballs and other delicious treats. But to his surprise, there’s a red plate filled with watermelon salad. His body was filled of joy as he walked toward the guy.

“ OH hi there “ -  He said

The guy at the table was still stuffing his mouth with some more salads. Ivan smiled as bright as ever

“ Hi … again … I’m Ivan, you know I work in the cafeteria. I served some of you earlier. Uhm … Do you mind if I join your table ? “ – He gently placed his plate onto the table as he looked everyone that were sitting there.

"Gio-Senpai said he'll be here in a while. I think he wants to do his power-walk or something. I'm sure he'll be here soon." Naolyn nodded to Cernia. She seemed a bit worried but seemed to ignore it once Cernia returned. She offered a wave to the friend Cernia brought. She looked to be a little distracted but she tried to brush it off.

"I'm Naolyn, nice t' meet ya'."

========

Ryder was too busy stuffing his face in a race with Tico. He looked back at Cernia and waved to at least show some manner. He had his mouth completely stuffed but tried to continue shoving food inside. Tico was no different.

"Cernia!" Ryder muffled with food in his mouth. "Take a 'ite! 'Ood is am'zing!"

========

Gio felt himself unable to move until he was slammed against the wall. He was in shock to notice that he had the same powers as Naolyn but on a whole new scale of power. His eyes widen since he knew that he couldn't win against a man like this. As stubborn as he is, he grew more angry and took a hold of a large chunk of rock from the wall. He tossed the rock at the man and a fireball right after.

"Shut up!" Gio yelled.

"Ah, wait for me!" Yoon reached for Daiman before awkwardly standing up from the table. She whispered into Raimundo's ear before following Daiman. 

"Don't get into and trouble, lovebirds!" Rai called, waving them goodbye for now, which caused Yoon to go red in the face. 

"But how else are we gonna get this mash off? You threw it, so it should go back to your big mouth!" Gryffin bickered, taking some remaining potato off his cheek and flinging it towards Jess.

"You control water, Chris!? Cool! I like to make ice." Cernia smiled, before waving shyly at Ryder in greetings. Without hesitation she reached for some of the watermelon on Ebonwu's and looked at it curiously. "I wanna try all of the food until I can't eat anymore, heehee!" Since she'd ever eaten a watermelon before, she bit the red all off and chewed it before attempting to eat the rind. Her lips puckered as she found the taste of the green bit horrible. Cernia glanced over at Ivan in the midst of the commotion going on. "You helped make all this!? It looks great! Can he sit with us, Nessie, can he?!" She seemed elated someone approached them without hostility that wasn't Mother herself, though having the others around took off her sudden tension.

"Yeah, looks like none of the dinner's gonna be left over at this rate." Celeste said, having wiped most of the potato off her face. "Now I'm gonna smell like butter for the rest of the day..."

=========

"Now, don't you worry about anything like that. You'll probably stay here in the clinic for a couple days for your wounds to heal and we get you able to move about again, so that means I'll see you quite a bit." Magness didn't wish to further any thoughts that would make her so sad. He couldn't bear when others looked so upset before him. "How about I eat dinner here with you tonight? You look like you could use some company to get your mind off things..." If Raster was right, who knows how long this woman was left suffering to her own devices?

Cafeteria

"If he's fine with it, I don't mind." Nessa responded to Cernia, giving her a thumbs up for approval. "Especially if he took the time and make this for all of us. We definitely got to show that they shouldn't have such tension against us." Nessa thought. She turns back to Ray, displaying a bit of disgust that specials are essentially guinea pigs.

"Well, what do we do with these?" Nessa asked.

"Nothing. It's our best interest to keep this between us, until a good opportunity." Aya said. "At least, that's what I think anyways. You Busters are trying to break down the barriers between people and specials? This could be served as a catalyst for this..."

"Oh yeah? You're going all the food with your fat fucking face!" Jess said. "And you! That's actually improvement! You smelly runt!" Jess said before catching the mash potatoes.

Mother's Sanctuary

"That was a lot of commotion back there.." Daiman said. "H-hey, are you okay? Your face is bright red! Maybe you should get checked out as well.." 

Mother's Home

Raster arrived in Mother's house, entering it. "Everything is in working order. Just have to do a couple of things before meeting with Kira."

"Good. However, I think there's one more thing that needs to be added." Mother stated. "Do you hear that?"

"No..?" Raster tried to listen, but didn't hear anything aside from the usual. 

"There's appears to be fighting outside the sanctuary. You and Kira checked it out for me." Mother said. Raster nodded before heading out.

Clinic

"I.. I would love that. Thank you, sir..." Rosalina gave out a passionate, but riddled with sadness, smile. 

"Thank goodness..." Xavier tried to move, but couldn't do the pain. "F-for some reason, it's like my legs are floating... I don't feel a thing. How bad is it?" Xavier asked.

Outside of Mother's Sanctuary

X smiled as he caught the rock in his right hand. The fireball behind it slammed onto X, but he appeared to be unfazed. The barrier was noticeably thick. "You are going by your emotions. Seems that I was hyping you too much to think that you're strong. But in the end, you fall into victim of the weak." X'x eyes narrowed, causing Giovani's body to instantly slammed onto the ground. Each movement of his eyes caused Giovani to be further prowl through the ground, as if there was massive weigh upon his body.

Nearby Area

"Huh? A special huh?" Jason raised a brow. "What's he doing in the tree, stalking someone...? I think I better go get X before I get caught in the crossfires..." Jason thought. "Then again.." He decided to stay and begin to call out.

"Hey you! You're going to get kill in a minute! Come over here! I got your back!" 

Clinic

“It’s quite serious, but there’s no sign of serious infection. You’ll be fine. So don’t worry about it for now.” She barely knew the guy so she wasn’t sure how he would react to her revealing that he had lost his leg. Not really a good lair, she was nervous and decided to be honest about certain things while avoiding the bigger truth.

Though, now that her patient had awoken, it would be better to keep him talking. It could distract him from the pain for a while. “My name is Theresa. What’s your name?”

Nearby area

“Thank… god!” Esteban said between his breaths as he heard someone calling out to him. He had no time to even consider if the stranger was trustworthy. He just ran as fast as he could to the guy the moment he saw him. “Believe it… or not, there’s this… animal… guy after… me! You… should… run too!”

=======

Finally able to open his eye, Arturo realized his prey had gotten away. He growled angrily and shifted back to his leopard-like features, sniffing for the scent of the man he was after. However, the smell of perfume on his face was strongly blocking every other smell. He made his way up into the tree again to look for his prey.

"Hey you! You're going to get kill in a minute! Come over here! I got your back!"

He turned and narrowed his eyes at the sound of another person in the distance. It seemed his chosen victim had found some help. “Lucky bastard.” Arturo cursed, grinding his teeth. It would be risky to try killing two at once now. Not when his injuries were still aching.

CAFETERIA

Ivan cheerfully sat down at the table and took a quick glance at everyone.

“ Oh yeah, I do it everyday. You can consider it’s my job here. “

Ivan took a spoonful of smashed potatoes and put his bag of seeds right beside him on the table. He took another spoon of watermelon salad

“By the way, I just grew those watermelons this morning. Fruits are the best when they’re fresh right ? OH RIGHT ! I didn’t catch your name ?”

He swallowed the salad and continue

“ Let me properly introduce myself. I’m Ivan Anderson, I’m 20 and right now I’m working at the cafeteria as chef and server when needed. “

"You grew whole watermelons in a single morning? Impressive." Ebonwu praised, eating slowly. o3o

"You're ice? That's the state of water I can't control, so that's pretty cool." Chris states, pulling out a combat knife. "This is my only real way of chipping at ice."

He wraps his blade in a veil of water before eating a piece of watermelon with it.

Ray says nicely "Nice to meet you Ivan, my name is Ray."

Ray turns back the Aya and Nessa with a look of understanding. Ray says as a matter of fact "yes but we need to chose the time and place to use the notes very well or these notes may do quite a bit of harm."

Naolyn was eating quietly and seemed to be distracted by Gio not appearing after a while. She tried to take her mind off of it by laughing at how Ryder and Tico continued their eating frenzy. Every once in a while, she turned to face the door, in case Gio walked in. 

Where are you, Gio-Senpai..? Naolyn thought to herself.

=====

Giovani tried his best to lift himself from the ground until he noticed the similarities to X's powers and Naolyn's. He barely managed to lift his head up and face the man and opened his mouth. A large flame escaped his mouth, using all of his energy. The flame was big enough to almost completely engulf the nearby area and the heat radiated a couple feet.

Clinic

"Oh!.. um..." Yoon felt her face, and could only imagine how red her cheeks were. "Ah, it's just uh... heat.... exhaustion..? That's it!" She stumbled for an excuse to not seem so ditzy.
------

"Please, call me Magness." Magness smiled warmly. "We still have your eye left. If you feel up to it, I can finish up the job and let you rest for a bit so I can help the others and get us both some dinner." He offered Rosalina.

Cafeteria

"Hm, I guess you're right. But you still smell like a skunk... a potato skunk." Celeste said with a snort, but then she got quiet.

"I resent that, ya talking skeleton! ...Hey, Celeste, what's up? Didya run out of witty banter?" Gryffin said, taking notice of her sudden silence.

"Huh? Uh, it's nothing. Don't worry." She had her ears tuned in to what Nessa, Ray, and Aya were discussing, catching things here and there. The girl made a mental note to talk to Nessa or at least Mother in private later about something semi-urgent. But the subject in question made her queasy by the thought of it. "I uh, just noticed how easy you seem not having that mask of yours on anymore. Not too long ago, you'd hardly take it off."

"Yeah! It doesn't feel much different than having it on. But at least it's not stuffy to breathe anymore. I almost don't mind having my face for everyone to see." Gryffin smushed his own cheeks together to make Celeste laugh a little and cheer her up from whatever was distracting her.

"That's so cool, Ivan! You can make food like this grow that quick? My name's Cernia!" Cernia seemed to enjoy having a nice conversation with people who didn't want to punch any of them in the face. "Hey Chris, can you ever make it rain when you feel like it? Cause you look like you can just make water come out of thin air like I do with ice." She asked curiously, mouth full of vegetables.

"Name's Raimumdo, but my friends call me Rai." Raimundo chimed in to Ivan, munching on chicken. "If you're in the kitchen, then my compliments to you! I haven't had food this good since before I left home. Sure beats eating out of old cans."

Cafeteria

Nessa nodded. “And… don’t let these documents get in the hands of Elizabeth… Mother, as you preferred to call her.” Nessa did not hesitated of restricting the flow of information towards her—since she never thought that she-of-all-people-would build this sanctuary. It all seemed surreal to her. She turned to the group and introduced herself to Ivan.

“Nessa Tova. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ivan. The food is rather excellent” Nessa praised.

Aya nodded in understanding. “You can referred me as Aya since my full name is rather long.” He coughed. “Thanks for the food.”

Jess' face continued to be blistering red. "Well!" Ignoring Celeste and Gryffin's comments, she began to boast herself as usual. As the redness of her face began to fade, her ego grew. "I'm the beautiful and wonderful, Jess Toyama! Honestly, Aya and I aren't even supposed to be here, but we're simply following our last orders from Zuleka since the Busters wrecked everything..."

Clinic

Daiman chuckled a bit at Yoon’s embarrassment as both of them were at the front doors of the clinic. “I hope the place isn’t too busy. I’m kind of nervous of just barging in like this.” Daiman sweated a bit. “Maybe we should come back another time? 

“I will be very much appreciated, Magness.” Rosalina replied. She was calmer now thanks to the kindness of Magness offered. She’d laid her head onto the pillow—with the feathers, it was soft and comfortable.

“Xavier, Xavier Kalen, ma’am.” Xavier’s mind was still wandering. “W-ell, Theresa, thanks for helping me… I had a hell of a battle a while back. Didn’t think we even survived this long.” Xavier chuckled a bit. “Hell, after this whole Lost City thing, it was a heck of a wild ride!”

Outside of Mother's Sanctuary

X's eyes became wide as he was engulfed by the flames. It appeared that he was seeming defeated since he hasn't come out yet.

Nearby Area

Jason seen the victim ran towards him. "You get out of here, I got a fish to catch..." Jason bore a sinister smile as he calmly walked towards the direction to where the supposed "beast-like" special appeared. "You best better come out here on your own, or I'll force you out."

Ray shrugs and thinks "Way do I think Nessa and myself are thinking on two different scales. At this time i don't want to explain to her the impact the notes if use right." 

Ray thinks "I wonder if Nessa will tell the others what we spoken about."

"I can, but it's easier to control surrounding water in the air. You sure have a lively bunch here though." Chris points out.

"The tiny fire child seems to be missing. I haven't seen him since we entered. I hope he's doing alright." Ebonwu thinks out loud. "I should go look for him."

He puts his plate down and checks around the base, winding up near the clinic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom