No More Heroes: Rebirth [Ended]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead Eye's eyebrows rose when Nessa said her statement. He then crossed his arms and chuckled.

"Fine by me." he said. "I would have called it a gift from me to you for saving me but hey I'll back down."

"Hey, we're getting closer!" Raimundo smiled. "Buckle up guys we'll be landing soon."

Ebonwu stirs a little at that.

"Land...good..." he says in his sleep.

He makes a turtle charm out of the earth as he wakes up and throws it to Aya. He stands up and helps Rai ease the platform onto the coming land.

"Sorry my assistance is so late."

Chris meets up with the "farmers" that help with Mother's food. He takes some time to learn their system in order to see how he can help out.

"Alrighty, I'm tired of all this water. It'd be nice to stretch my legs a bit." Naolyn said. "Besides, I'm kinda sick of looking at nothing but ocean. I can't wait to introduce Cernia and Gio-Senpai and everyone to Mother!"

Naolyn gave Gio a big smile.

"How 'bout I teach you to swim Gio-Senpai? I know how to kinda swim... I should repay you for teaching me to be strong!"

==========

Ryder remained quiet to Nessa's words and knew that he should keep his mouth shut until they land. He looked at Tico who seemed to be falling asleep. Ryder was glad that they were going to reach land soon, he was tired of looking at the ocean. He did have his thoughts about Dead Eye and Jay.

I hope that they behave themselves when we land... He thought to himself. The way the other Busters described Mother means we should watch our step with not only her but the people around her... With a small group of unstable people, who knows what can happen.

Aya's cough continued, with Jess pats him on the back. He did; however, catch the charm in his hands.

"Do not worry about me." Aya responded to Cernia. "It natural occurrence since, without my mask, there's no way to control the flow of toxins I exhale due to the nature of my body." Aya coughed once more. "A-anyways, it looks like we're landing in a moment or so, so I'll check out if this "mother" person can provide a mask of some sort."

"Who wakes up and suddenly crave rock out of nowhere?!" Jess complained. "Whatever, I'm happy to get as far aw-" Jess turned to Aya. "What!? We're going with them!?"

"Of course." Aya coughed. "Don't have any place to go anyways. No families, no friends-"

Jess interrupted. "You got me!"

"As I said.. No families, no friends, no nothing.." Aya ignored.

"Well, as long we're on the same page in regards of not touching anyone. We're good." Nessa overheard Raimundo's comment of landing soon.

"Since we're landing, whatever you go from now is certainly none of my business. However, if you do go with us, you might want to be careful, special squad. Judging by what my family told me about this "Mother" person. It's wise to be on your best behavior." Nessa stated.
"Damnit.. my head.." Daiman said softly as he'd waking up.  

=====================

[Mother's Sanctuary]

(Farming)

"Who's that?" A girl said.

"Probably a new comer here. Guess he wants to help us out." The other explained.

"But what if he's one of those bu-"

"Don't say that word out loud! We don't want to attract any unwanted attention here. Besides, they already left and very well be dead!" The other one whispered.

"Ah, right." The woman said. She'd turned around to introduce to herself to the person. "Hey, you're new around here, right? Welcome!"

(Clinic)

The woman lying on the bed, turned her head towards Magness' direction. While she didn't outright reveal her entire body, her appearance from the side alone, is enough to judge the great deal of damage her body had taken. She had 3rd degree burns all over her body, mainly the chest area. She seems to have lost about 80% of her hair, while the rest had burn markings on the tips. She had several missing limbs, judging from the bandages wrapped around it. Her right eye appears to be damaged as it remained close and dozens of scars around her face.

She opened her mouth, trying to speak. "Do you wish.. to end my life?"

Rai finally spotted the sanctuary and landed thanks to the help of Ebonwu.

"Finally!" he said as he released his powers causing everyone to fall to the ground.

"Oops." 

Gio landed on his back and stood up.

"Sh*t Rai, watch it next time." he growled.

Rai put a hand on the back of his head and sweatdropped.

"My bad, guys." he chuckled nervously.

Naolyn landed with a thud and rubbed the back of her head. She chuckled slightly and pulled herself up to her feet. She dusted herself off and giggled at Gio's temper. 

"I'm sure he didn't mean it, Gio-Senpai." Naolyn smiled. "Besides, you kinda gotta keep your temper down when around Mother. She's super cool and she's super sweet! You're gonna love her, Gio-Senpai! You, and Cernia are gonna really like it here! They got all sorts of foods, it's endless!"

==========

Ryder landed flat on his face and groaned in pain. Tico looked to be stirring up from his little nap and lifted Ryder's head from the ground.

"Ryder okay?" Tico questioned. 

"I'm fine Tico..." Ryder sighed. "Anyways... I assume we finally arrived. You be on your best behavior, Tico. Try not to cause...too much trouble."

He landed and made shore he had the notes that he been carrying all this time. He thinks "good i still have the notes. I want to double check some things that i did glance." After checking he gets up.

"Ow..." Yoon, who had been holding Daiman on her back the entire ride, had fallen front-first. "Didn't mean to wake you, Daiman. Did you hit your head?" She asked as she slowly sat up. 

"My head feels like someone smacked it with a rock!" Cernia griped, holding the back of her head with puffed out cheeks and a contorted frown. "Are we here now!?"

"Yeah, NOW. Fuck's sake..." Celeste cursed under her breath as she stood up to dust her shorts off. "We walk from here. Don't try and start anything with anyone who looks like a punk. I won't help any of you out of it. Just stay close and quiet." Somehow she thought that wouldn't be possible, but with Nessa close by, maybe they'd behave themselves.

Cernia scooted by Tico and Ryder apprehensively. "You mean there's more than a couple of people?" The idea of crowds stressed her out a bit since she was used to being mostly isolated beforehand, save for the handful of friends she has. "Maybe it'll be easy to not stare then..."

"Alright, then you lot can lead the way." Gryffin gestured towards the ones who were familiar with the place. He looked visibly distraught at the idea of going near complete strangers without a mask on. It'd be the first time he would be seen without one in a long time.
===============

Magness didn't immediately respond due to being internally surprised at such a question being posed to him. Instead, he took in a deep breath and sat a few feet wway from the woman. He had to choose his words with her as carefully as he could. 

"No, ma'am. I'm not Death, so I ain't got a say in that. I just want to help anyone I can have a second chance. I can't imagine the pain you're in right now..." His heart broke at the mere sight of her.

"Perhaps I can help alleviate you from hurting, even if a little? I can't get your limbs back, but I can try my best to help your burns. If it isn't too bad, I could save your eye too." Magness smiled, hoping she could at least feel the kind of optimism he had, even if her condition looked so grave.

"Ouch.." Daiman stood up. He'd opened his eyes and seen Yoon slowly getting up. He narrowed his eyes, realizing he was on her back when she fell down. 

"Ah! Sorry about that! L-let me help you up, don't worry about me!" Daiman offered his hand.

"Yeah, oops alright. Freakin' clown!" Jess stood up. "You nearly almost scratch this perfect and beautiful face of mines!" She turns to Aya. "Are you alright!?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. No problems here.." Aya said. 

Nessa stood up and dusted herself. "Well, quite a fall." She noticed Celeste is leading them to where this "Mother" is. 

"Might as well waste no time, let's get a move on. Those that don't want to follow us, you might as well take the chance to leave. From thus forth, we're not obligated to look after you. However, we're well within our rights to make you meet the ground if you try to do something funny with our backs turned." Nessa gave out a serious stare towards the Special Squad. She'd stare at Jay, picking him up. 

"Guess we can't leave him knocked out alone." Nessa thought to herself.

"Don't have to tell me twice. Besides, I have no place to go anyways, might as well stick with you guys." Aya coughed. 

"What!? Why!?" Jess complained.

"You don't have to go, but I'm going." Aya responded.

"W-well.. I ain't going out there alone.. Guess I'll go too, but I won't like it! Especially with Stinky leading us the way. What if she's leading us to some freaks to feed her fatty cakes over there!?" Jess said.

=====================

[Mother's Sanctuary]

(Clinic)

The woman simply chuckled. 

"Sure, knock yourself out, but what would be the point anyways? It just delaying my inevitable death.. haha."

"I can't wait to show you to Mother, Gio-Senpai." Naolyn giggled. "You're gonna love her!"

Naolyn then took this chance to float over to Cernia and poke her forehead. She smiled to Cernia and finally took this chance to gossip with her good friend.

"Did'ja get seasick, Cernia?" Naolyn teased. "Looks like a couple people did anyways. Y'know... I really missed you. It was lonely without you and the others but I've made some new bonds with the other Busters!"

=============

Ryder looked at Cernia and noticed her uneasiness. He assumed she wasn't used to crowds, or rather, large groups of people.

"Hey, don't worry about crowds and stuff, Cernia." Ryder nodded. "If it's like your friend put out, I'm sure you'll have no problem being part of a large group of people."

Gio sighed.

"I'll just take a walk for now. Gotta get warmed up for some training later."

He put his hands in his pockets and walked away from the group.

"I'm pooped." Raimundo yawned. "All that flying sure got the best of me. I'm probably gonna take a nap."

"I'll take my leave then." Dead Eye pushed a button on his gauntlet. A signal was sent to a chopper to come pick him up. "Good luck, Busters. Don't think I had some personal vendetta against you. I was simply doing my job." 

He turned around but gave a hard cold stare at the unconscious Jay before he did.

Without the power band on that freak who knows what he'll do when he wakes up. he thought. I don't why the UN wanted that... thing. You can control anyone, human or special. But you can't control a monster. 

He walked away from the group and headed toward an isolated area to make sure the chopper would see him and so it wouldn't notice the other specials.

"Why shouldn't I? I'll worry over you anyway, Daiman." Yoon said once she stood up, rubbing her back shortly. "But looks like that nap did wonders for you." She noted his change in demeanor seemed to revert for the time being, and she was glad of that. "Even if you still have that injury. Hopefully this Mother person has a doctor to help you. It didn't look good when I saw it. It is a miracle you're awake!"

Cernia watched Dead Eye take his leave and waited for the noise of the chopper to die out before speaking, wondering where Dead Eye would go shortly afterwards.

"I-I'm not nervous OR seasick! You're both just seeing things cause of the fall!" Cernia huffed at Ryder and Naolyn with arms crossed, cheeks red with embarrassment.

"... but I missed you too. A whole whole lot... not sure who'd make any with Animal Girl over there though... she's bossy." She said to Naolyn.

"I can hear you, Frosty." Celeste deadpanned.

"Whatever! I'm just glad we're all back together. You're definitely right about the whole bonding thing though."

"Let's get moving. We still got walking to do." Celeste jabbed a thumb in the direction of the path they had taken to get to Mother's Sanctuary.
=============

"That idea isn't anything new to me." Magness responded, looking over the severity of her wounds before deciding to deal with the sites of severed limbs first to curb the bleeding. "I'm the kind of person who believes everything happens for a reason. I'd say there's got to be some reason you're still alive with all the damage your body's taken. Even Specials have a limit." He gingerly unwound the bandages on a stump to examine it once he eyeballed for the one that seemed to have the freshest blood.

[As I said before - when absences occurs, characters will be shifted to another player for the time being. I'll take over Ebonwu and Chris temporary] 

Nessa watched Dead Eye entered the helicopter and flew away. “Hopefully we do not run into him for a while. Alright, let’s get a move on.” 

Nessa started walking with Jay over her shoulders, following behind Celeste. “How long to the path of Mother’s Place?” 

Daiman was slightly confused about Yoon’s statement. At first, he could not recall what Yoon was talking about in regards of “injury”. However, he felt a sharp pain around his torso, placing his right hand towards the wounded area; his eyes narrowed because he finally remember what had happened. 

“Yeah, I should have been dead… but I was saved…how?” Daiman thought to himself. Seeing Yoon’s face of worries and relief that he was okay causes Daiman to drop the subject for now. “Yeah, I think the nap did gave me wonders. I really can use a doctor! You should too! You look like you had a battle of a life time!” 

“I know right!? I bet her mouth is as dirty as her stench!” Jess immediately chime in when Cernia was talking to Naolyn in regards to Celeste’s behaviors. 

“Hey, do not go around and start insulting people you know. They are leading us to this Mother’s place. Last thing we want is for them to kick us out for being rude.” Aya responded immediately, then coughing afterwards. “Maybe Ray can make something to keep that mouth of yours shut…” 

“Hilarious.” Ebonwu responded. “However, we do really need to get moving. Xavier is definitely needed of medical treatment after losing several limbs.”

“Everything happens for a reason?” She repeated Magness’ words. 

“If everything happen for a reason, is there a reason why I must suffered? Is there a reason why I must live with the pain for the past few months? Is there a reason why I must succumb to the abuse of my former group which led me to this situation?” She asked a barrage of questions.

“If there’s a reason for such events I have faced, then I rather get the comfort of facing these horrific points with no reason at all’

----------------------------------------

“Nice to meet you all. I’m Chris, I came here moments ago with another traveler in search of a friend. He is not around here—but I’m waiting to see if he’ll show up here” Chris explained.

“Anyways, I heard from about a farm. I can offer some assistance, if you are okay with this.” Chris raised a brow when he overheard a word “Bu”. 

“Uh… sure we can always use an extra hand around here.” One of them said. “I’ll let her do the talking about what needed to be done.”

Ray says in a matter of fact tone "if she was not able to walk i would knocked her out some time go." Ray thinks "now i am starting to wonder if knocking Jess would been better?"

"Aww, c'mon Cernia." Naolyn smiled. "Ryder's right when he says it's okay to be a bit nervous. I was scared senseless when they took all you guys away. Now that you guys are back, we can tell each other the super cool secrets we always laughed about. I even made a present for you when you were away, I got it by my bed!"

Naolyn laughed to herself before petting Cernia's head and mess around wit her hair, as usual.

"First thing you guys are gonna do is take a bath, I could smell you a mile away."

=============

Ryder smiled at how Naolyn and Cernia got along then glanced at Tico. Tico was interested with the gossip that the two girls seem to toy with. As usual, Ryder always has to tug him away before he sticks his nose in some place he doesn't need to. However, Tico looked to Celeste and barked at her in his attempt to play with her.

"Woof! Doggy-Girl! Animal girl!" Tico barked again. 

"Tico, don't..." Ryder sighed and gave a nervous smile to Celeste. "Don't mind him, he's just being friendly. He seems to have picked up a bit from Cernia."

[Informed by Freak, I'll take over Faraday and Xavier for the time being]

Faraday landed on the floor, dusting himself off. "No need for me to hang around here." Faraday turned around. "I'm taking my leave." Faraday walked away.

"I cannot be seen with them going to this "Mother place" anyways. Already got enough trouble as it is." Faraday thought.

"No need to worry about me.." Xavier responded to Ebonwu. He stood up, as he struggled, near Aya, Jess and Ebonwu. "It's just a scratch. Haha.. if I can live through nuclear explosion or an encounter against Zaion, I can survive this." Xavier boasted, before passing out on-top of Jess.

"Hyya!" Jess screamed. "Get this tank off of me! I'm being squish here! He's not as heavy as Porchops, but it's still hurts!"

Raimundo followed the group smiling as he heard the conversations.

"Man, I missed us all being together." he said with a chuckle,

"Ah, I've just got a few cuts and bruises here and there." Yoon said as they walked, wincing at her bruised legs and arm. "Then first thing we do is get you and Xavier to someone that might help you with your injuries. Maybe I'll find some kind of hat for my hair... I don't want anyone shrieking at the sight of me or something..." She muttered, self-conscious about these horrid "modifications" Leo had inflicted on her.
- - - - - - - - -
"But I'm not...." Cernia took part of her sleeve and inhaled for a moment before wincing. "Ew, you're right. I think I have stuff from the wall in my hair too." Small clouds of dust came off her hair once Naolyn ruffled it. "You made me a present? I wanna see!" She perked back up immediately.
- - - - - - - - -
Celeste glared at Tico before looking directly at Ryder with the same cold stare. "...Whatever, I've heard worse. But I ain't a dog, capiche?" She turned forward and ignored Jess's whining. 

"Sorry, old Porky can't help you there. I'm out of shape." Gryffin snickered.

Magness didn't response, resolutely listening to the woman's monologue having felt bad about stepping on a nerve by accident. "Ah... My apologies. Forget I said anything, I didn't mean to upset you... But, at least you don't have to deal with those people anymore," he said with a sad frown as he cleaned the dried blood off the stump. "Oh, uh... I never got your name. What is it?" He was eager to change the subject so as to not make her distressed any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom