Los Demonios

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What a weird little machine~" Z tapped her chin as she watched Anti-End and Citrus man battle. "At least it is distracting that psychic man~ It's hitting about as hard as I would, how odd~"

Z shrugged as she watched the machine fight Citrus Man. She didn't seem to worry much, taking her sweet time as she started to draw up a portal back to the Sisterhood. 

"Shouldn't we try to help out that robot?" Lyrik yelled out, trying to use his music to heal the others from any injuries they had. "If we all jump in, that Boss guy won't stand a chance."

"Yeah! Let's go get him and whoop his butt!" Nicori cheered on, rushing on towards the fight. He didn't get far until Z yanked him back by his shirt. "Hey!"

"You are in no position to fight, you're grounded~," Z scolded. "One more slip from you and I won't take you to the Hero City City field trip~"

"No fair! I've been waiting for that day all year!"

"Uhh, guys, I don't think now is a great time to discuss family matters!" Lyrik said backing up from the intense battle. "These two are really going to destroy us if we don't get out of here soon!"

Z nodded to herself as she finished drawing out the portal she was working on. She tossed Nicori into the air and cracked her mitten hands before jabbing her pencil directly at the drawing, expanding it and bringing it to life. It began to suck in all the items littered about and any of the nearby people watching the fight. Z watched Nicori fall inside the portal and struggled to keep herself off the ground. It was clear she was nearly out of energy.

"I recommend you all jump inside the portal before it disappears~ You will land directly in the Sisterhood, far from this battle~"

What an intuitive machine... Let's hope it finishes him off for us, we've no other counters that can work against a guy like that. Asuza thought, hesitantly looking back at the fight and the rest of the city before gritting her teeth and jumping into the portal with the other items following suit. "Going back to Paradice... home sweet home..." she mumbled. "Let's go before that machine decides to not let us leave either!" Asuza called out to the others as she went through.

=========

"It's a big city full of skyscrapers and bright lights, you can't miss it!" Whitney said. "I think it's east of Port Graham, so we need to head way up north of the continent. It's not far from Dinostone Park since both of them are pretty much tourist places," she explained. "But try not to fly so fast since you're probably gonna have to carry me and Granny at the same time."

"I ain't so frail, sprout..." Agatha scolded. She knocked on Whitney's ankle with her cane, making her wince and rub at it with a pout. "Don't think your granny is that weak!"

"Yowch! Geez Grandma, you can't just do that! You could break someone's shin with that thing. What's it even made of? It feels like lead..."

"It's a secret!" Agatha laughed.

“A portal… this is our chance to escape.” Liza turns to Z, seeing that she is completely out of energy now. She took the chance of picking her up, although she feels weird picking up the literal strongest mage in the planet. She followed behind Asuza.

“Thank goodness our stuff is safe! Time to leave, Vox!” Bob jumped in without hesitation in the slightest.”

“What about the machine? We can’t leave that thing here!” Iceik was worry because the machine is clearly capable of adapting people’s move set. Especially since it was dead-on set on destroying anything in its path that considered evil. If the machine loses and Citrus-Man takes it… it would be bad for them.

Anti-End and Citrus-Man collided once more, but it as time passes, it appears the latter is having the upper hand. Psychic powers proved to be something Anti-End is unable to handle—the unpredictable nature of such ability, especially a rare one at that, prove to be hard to counter.

“I guess even a machine cannot surpass the might of the complexity of one’s mind.” Citrus-Man said as he swings his arm around, ripping through the rock armor Anti-End had build around itself. The orb fell towards the ground, unable to move do to the psychic energy holding it down. Citrus Man took a breather, seeing that the others are escaping through the portal. “Escaping…? Not on my watch…” 

===

Broly nodded. “Simple enough. Just hold onto me tightly, old hag.” He grabbed both, placing them on his broad shoulders. “It’s going to be a bumpy ride.”  He launched himself to the air upwards, before flying away (but at a pace comfortable for the both). 

A man wearing a black cloak appeared after Whitney, Agatha and Broly left the area. He gripped his fist hard, crushing the device he held in his hand and making grunting sounds.

Vox sends as he enters to the orb "Anti-magic dos not stop things lunched by magic." Vox thinks "Goody that since kicked off. That means our little group has another fight."

"C'mon! This portal is closing!" 

Lyrik yelled to Iceik before grabbing him by the fur on the back of his neck, yanking him towards the portal. He did the same for Vox and grabbed him by his robes. He held out a small pocket radio and pointed it towards Citrus Man. He knew that the power he had would not be enough to hurt him but he had another trick up his sleeve. Lyrik tossed Iceik and Vox into the portal and threw the tiny radio towards Citrus man. It didn't do anything for a second until it began to spit out a loud screeching noise. It sounded like nails on a chalkboard or a fork brushing against a glass plate.

I may not be strong enough to fight him, but I noticed that if he loses his concentration, he can't attack. We can't let him follow us!

Lyrik rushed to the closing portal and jumped in, just barely making it as it closed behind him.

Z, Liza, Nicori, Asuza, Iceik, Lyrik, Bob, and Vox, as well as the Red Dragon Statue and Bob's items, have been teleported to The Sisterhood of White Magic.

Citrus-Man grew silent when they managed to escape from his clutches. “They managed to take some items I had… oh well.” He turned to the machine he suppressed with his psychic powers. “That group did surprise me… to have such a deadly weapon in their arsenal… I shall remember their faces.” He picked it up with telekinesis and turned to the ruined city.

“What a mess this place had become to achieve my primal youth. Guess I need to rebuild it, but I need some items. I also need new men as guards as well.” He looked around, sending out psychic waves to determine any life in the city. “There’s about… few hundred people still alive and well, and dozens of others injured, not nothing serious.” 

The machine orb fell on his hands as Citrus-Man smiled. “Raise up, my citizens….” He lifted his fingers, pulling all the citizens in the air and coming to him. All of them were terrified in the process, but once they called Citrus-Man, the newly reformed Citrus-Man, their fears became excitement.

“Fear not my friends… this is nothing more than a setback. We shall make this glorious city into a city of the gods, where the Empire State crumbled underneath our boots. Give me time and we will right back to where we were… no… we will be better! Let’s begin… the construction of the newly formed, Los Demonios!”

Everyone in the air cheered on. And the world had gained another powerful villain in the wake. Citrus-Man took his leave to Hope City.

Citrus-Man and Gerome arrived in Los Demonios

Citrus-Man and Gerome was still in the limbo as they rode pass the destruction of the city. “Don’t mind the people. They’re strong and able to pick themselves up after these tragedies.”  He smiled. “It makes them even more fearsome.”

After a slight paused, Citrus-Man continued. “Let’s get straight to the point. Your job is to maintain maintenance, oversee construction and making sure my citizens get all their wants and needs. Once the Mr. Nicestone company delivered the Californite, I want you to find someone that can turned a human being into a cyborg. Along with a mechanic to rebuild machines.”

Gerome quivered slightly upon arriving at Los Demonois, already fearing the state it was in. He had no idea of the major battle that took place in the city, and due to the extreme damage it took, he assumed this is what the city normally looked like. He frowned at its state, feeling as if these criminals have no desire to better themselves, let alone their city. He listened to Citrus-Man and furrowed his brow at his requests.

"Pardon me, Citrus-Man... I believe that I need an office and some sort of protection if I am to work properly. I cannot work under such unfavorable conditions, especially when your people are getting stronger, as you put it..." Gerome felt many eyes lock on to him, his lavish clothes and elegant way of speech making him an obvious target for someone who doesn't belong in the city. "I assume you have others who will help you with the workload, yes? I... I cannot be the only one working everything in this city, yes?"

“Don’t be foolish. I’m not intending of overworking you to death. Otherwise, my progression of rebuilding the city would go to waste if you drop dead.” Citrus-Man answered. “I have assigned you a group of capable people assisting you with your workload. We’ll be there shortly.”

As they rode through the barren city, until they reached The Demonic Plague, still fully intact despite the destruction from the battle. “We’re here.” Two armored guards exited the vehicle, opening the door for both Citrus-Man and Gerome.

“Come.” Citrus-Man fixed his tie and entered the building.

Gerome shivered slightly upon seeing the armored guards, obviously intimidated by them. He kept close to Citrus-Man, despite the obvious danger he was. He entered the building, nervous about what was in store for him.

"Well, surely I should get bodyguards of my own, yes?" Gerome said. "I've sent quite a bit of Hope City's most... troublesome citizens here. I'm surprised you want to fix it."

“Yes…” Citrus-Man replied to Gerome as both headed to the back of the establishment. Music stopped the moment their Boss entered the building, but most of them had their eyes on Gerome. They had firm stares at the mayor of Hope City, some of them gripped hard on their weapons.

“Booker, I have return.” Citrus-Man and Gerome arrived at the back towards the Giant Man dealing with the trade. This is the same Giant Man that Liza and her group encountered earlier. He had the signature signed by Asuza framed on the wall.

“Sir! Welcome home! It seems that your quest to Hope City was a success?” Booker asked.

“Yes, the city is now under my firm control. I have taken their mayor. He’ll be working with us for the time being to get everything sorted out.” Citrus-Man stepped aside to show Gerome.

“You… yes, I know your face. You’re the punk that my friends told me about.” Booker said. “The Dream Smasher!” He referred to the mayor. “You have a lot of people who have a bone to pick with you.” 

“No, no. I can’t have this one hurt. He’s an asset to my ambitions. Treat him well.”

“Alright sir…” Booker turns to Gerome. “You’re coming with me. Citrus-Man is a very busy man, you know.”

"Ehehe... I'm sure Citrus-Man can accompany me to the area, yes?" Gerome nervously smiled to the people glaring at him, some spitting in his direction and a few saying some loud remarks. "W-Well, I suppose w-we're all busy men, right..? Besides, Citrus-Man said that I shall not be harmed here, so please... errm, don't hurt me."

Gerome sweated, knowing fully well that some people were not happy to see him. He thought about a way out but knew it would be more risky, especially when half of the city wants you dead. He fixed his tie, awkwardly waving at the cold-blooded criminals. He inched closer to Booker the more people spat and lashed at him.

Oh, how am I ever going to get out of this situation..?

Citrus-Man chuckled. “No, this is where I take my leave. I’ll return once Booker filled you in with the details. Goodbye.” He left without giving Gerome a chance to say anything.

“Don’t worry… once the Boss says we can’t hurt you, we won’t.” Booker grabbed him by the collar. “But just know this, you’re on my shit-list… I’ll be dreaming of smashing your teeth down your throat.” He let Gerome go and headed in the back of his shop. “Come, we have very important business to attend too.”

Gerome yelped upon Booker grabbing his collar. It was obvious that he was not a fighter. Shaken up, Gerome followed Booker to his shop, careful not to make any eye contact with any other of the citizens. He fixed his tie from the little ruffle Booker gave him and simply accepted what he would have to do. He knew he could not escape or fight his way out of the city.

I guess I don't have much of a choice. This situation is not looking good and it only gets worse by the second. Well, at least I can hopefully influence these people to make better life decisions...

Once Gerome arrived with Booker to the back of his shop, a Deimos sat behind the counter with his feet placed over the counter. He rocked himself back and forth on the chair as he shined a knife before tossing it in a box where other knives were located. He was playing darts from the looks of it, having a few darts laying in front of him. He took one and shot it towards a target with a picture of ShineCero and Z. He hit the picture and scoffed.

"Stupid Paradicians, they ain't nothing but trouble. If only the people knew who really destroyed Los Demonios, that'll show them what those magical losers think of us..."

“You’re still obsessing over them? How about you go after there and show them a thing or two.” A young lady, Daggers, taunted the Deimos throwing knives at Magic Society Leaders. “And quit throwing my knives.”

“Let the Deimos vent out. That damn imp level our city like it was nothing. As if she was taking a long, good stretch, then boom, everything gets blown away.” Nuclear said. “If I see them… I’ll melt down their entire pathetic continent.”

“Yeah, yeah…” Daggers turned to see Gerome and Booker come in. “Well, Citrus-Man brought in new meat into our quarters, eh?” She jumped up with a smile on her face. She had one a pink dress, black leather boots and gloves. Across her torso, she had a belt with knives hanging around. “Gerome, Gerome. When the Boss said he’s bringing you in, everyone that knows you got excited, you know?”

“Relaxed, Daggers. We can’t rough him up. Yet. He’ll be working with us to bring this city back to its original state, maybe even better.” Booker turns to Gerome. “Isn’t that right, Gerome?”

"Y-Yes..." Gerome answered Booker.

He was careful not to make eye contact with anyone in the room, fearing he would set them off or know them. He knew his situation was bad but he did it to protect Mr. Nicestone and Hope City.

"Aww, shut it, Daggers! You can't handle those two magic clowns!" Tempo, the Deimos, said. "Maybe if you kept a better eye on your daggers, I wouldn't be throwin' them."

Tempo eyed Gerome and rose from his seat, grabbing his two drum sticks, and poking the butler with one of them. He laughed at how feeble the butler looked before placing a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it much to Gerome's discontent. He heard of his name and his connection to Hope City.

"Heh, sounds like Citrus-Man sure messed up that tiny city of yours. I wouldn't worry tho', he keeps his word. If he says we can't hurt you then I guess that's that, huh?"

"Uhh, yes, I suppose so... B-But what if someone does? Surely the promise Citrus-Man made to keep me safe will be nulled, right?"

"Nah, the dude who punched your teeth out will probably be punished but you'll still work, with or without your teeth. Think of it like battle scars. You'll be cool!"

“Regardless, let’s get straight down to business. We need you to authorize our men to bring tons of Californite to Los Demonios so we can start construction.” Booker said.

Daggers twirls her knives with her fingertips. “You’re just lucky we can’t use you as a punching bag, so hurry up and get to work. Here’s a desk there. Another guy who to work here, before he got the boot.”

Gerome took a seat behind the desk and seemed discontent with all the mess left on the desk, however, he did not complain. He dug within his suit to pull out a fancy looking pen. He knew he had a job to do and wondered what kinds of things these people will make him approve. He already did not like signing stuff that went against Mr. Nicestone but in this situation he had no choice. His voice turned calm, finally grasping the situation he was in and played it very cautiously.

"Very well, hand me the papers and I will start as soon as I can." Gerome said.

"Didn't Citrus-Man mention something about finding a doctor too?" Tempo asked Booker. "I think he said he wanted to fix something but I can't recall."

“That’s right, Tempo.” Booker pulled out a stack of papers and placed it on the Gerome’s new desk. “He’s an incredible doctor that messes around both science and magic. I heard he was previously in the Magic School after being banished for his unethical practices. He’s one of the few rare individuals that Citrus-Man respects. But he’s awfully expensive.”

“And that’s why Gerome’s other purpose is to rake in all the cash gained during the transaction from selling Californite to other countries to paid him, right?” Daggers asked.

“Yup.” Booker said. “Citrus-Man is currently traveling and need someone to handle his financial affairs. So not only that, but you’ll be scheduling Doctor Stein and issued payments from Hope City’s monies.”

"I've heard a little about this Dr. Stein. His practices include robotics if I'm not mistaken," Gerome said while examing the first paper, reading it very carefully. "Why would Citrus-Man need a man like that, especially if he's so expensive?"

"I heard he wants to build a robot army or something," Tempo added. "Those are just rumors tho'. I think Boss would like to have a guy like that on his side if he's so smart. I don't think there's another guy as smart as him when it comes to technology."

Heh, if only you knew about him... Gerome thought.

Gerome signed the first paper and placed it to the side while he carefully read the next. He did this for the next couple of papers before looking at the form talking about Dr. Stein and his whereabouts. He shivered slightly.

"What's up with you?" Tempo said while poking Gerome's forehead. "You scared of Desolate Lands or something? That's where Dr. Stein was last reported I think. Hey Booker, ain't that where Citrus-Man was heading to?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom