Good Days

[Sorry for the late response! I was very sick for the past couple of days.]

“Good Days is a well-known organization, I'm sure they will recognize our clothes." Mex said in response to Damara. "Though would arriving on the planet attract suspicion?"  

"Rest assure." Th A.I interjected. "Before arrival, I will disguise the ship with cloaking to enter the planet undetected." undetected." 

"Ah... I see. Thanks for the information! How long until our arrival?” Mex asked.

“The location is about three hours away.” The A.I answered.

“Three hours huh?” Mex turned to the rest of the group. “Hmm, I suppose we can talk about where we come from a little bit. Why did you guys join the Good Days organization?”

"Ehh, it's complicated on my end..." Damara said. "I didn't exactly apply because I wanted to. Back home, they wanted me to straighten out or whatever, so they made me take all those tests. All 'cause I like not having a boring life! Oh well. Better than being bored out of my mind with some kind of lame rehab program. May as well put my "deviant behavior" to good use."

"I joined to...gain money." Artic said almost softly. She almost seemed a little hesitant. "I use the money for deeds that result in keeping those close to me protected. I am rather ashamed to say that they are in this mess because of me..."

Artic frowned slightly but shook her head, trying her best to not show emotion. 

"But my reason remains the same. I request money to support my personal needs."

Ross says "Former mercenary that got on the wrong side of the Good Days. They gave me a simple choice Join up or Jail." Ross thinks "Good Days is lucky I a pro. or I would told the full truth."

Ross says "I think I rather get money and eat like a king than be in Jail. I think both Mex and Lightwave can confirm that Fi is a good cook." 
Wrath brings in some snacks for every one to eat as they wish. Ross starts eating some the snacks.

Neatnik didn't think Artic's reason was bad. If she needed the money to help her family (if that was what she meant) then that was fine. But it does seem unfitting for a Good Days's member.

"We are all protecting your closed ones, in a sense." He said, sitting down. "I joined in honor of my friend who died for his own belief..Maybe to protect the Queen too. I cannot return to the hive but I can still protect it from the outside. It is our duty as royal guards."

Mex took some of the snacks and began to stuff his face. “I joined to fight strong guys.” Mex chewed loudly. “Well, and to make sure no one gets their planet(s) destroyed.” Mex paused for a moment after speaking the last sentence. He focused his attention to the others. “Looks like all of us have different reasons being here. Funny how a group so different end up in a team. Wonder how that’s going to factor into this teamwork stuff?”

Mex continued shoving food in his mouth as if he never ate a day in his life, despite eating a few moments ago. “Though, that’s rather interesting that you.” He points at Artic. “Have something to actually care for, haha.”

"Do not test my reason to join. I'm only in it for the money because of what it can buy for me." Artic scoffed, obviously wanting to keep something a secret. "I could care less about the well being of my people."

Artic turned away from the group and sat down on a chair, watching the stars from her spot. She remained quiet for the most part and seemed indifferent to the others' reason for joining.

"I suppose this...friendship you all speak of will earn bigger rewards."

Ross says between bites "The only way to find out is on the field Mex." Ross says friendly "to make it known you all are free to have some the snacks." Ross goes back to snacking.

"Ain't nothin' wrong with earning money to keep people you want safe. Guess it's weird for your species to do that." Damara remarked before yawning loudly. "It's whatever though. As long as nobody tries to do anything against me, I'll be just fine working with ya. Too bad we're stuck wearing the same dorky suits. This ain't my style at all!" Damara tugged at the suit with a grimace. "The color clashes with my everything."

Lightwave nodded at Damara.

"Unfortunately if I become King of the Solarians I'll be pressed into an equally strange uniform, instead of the crystal armor of my previous occupation as a wandering Solarian Knight."

“It was supposed to be a compliment…”  Mex clarified. Damara’s comment on the uniforms made him chuckled a bit. The uniforms were blue with small white patterns on the front and back. Two letters, G and D, were placed together on the right side on the front of the uniform. Obviously, they stand for Good Days. “I thought the uniforms looked cool in my opinion…” Mex is easily impressed. “I wonder if the uniform have any special qualities on them?”

“The uniforms are built with highly specialized materials.” The A.I answered. “They are designed to help you in various ways in a mission. It would be wise to take special care of the them.”

"I see..." Artic looked at her uniform. "I hope that these uniforms will make very good use in combat. Maybe worth a lot once the mission is over..."

Ross says "As long as it dos what the instructions clamed what it can do I think I can live with it." Ross did read the instructions and might shown that he may not only pass the written but aced it.

Ross says "Trust me Artic selling off our uniforms should not be needed."

Neatnik looked down at the uniform they had designed to fit him. It was a challenge for the people in the organization to come up with something that can go with his body structure. "We usually don't put anything on, save for armors on battles. But the flexibility of this uniform is nice."

“The uniforms should be useful in combat!” Mex responded to Artic. “Besides. The whole “selling them” is pretty pointless. It’s like what Damara said, who in the universe would buy an item from the organization? They have to be crazy to take such a risk.” 

Holographic screens appeared throughout the ship. Each of the screen shows a scenery of what it’s like outside of the ship, if looking out of the window wasn’t enough. Countless stars, planets and other celestial bodies float in the depths of space. 

The A.I began to speak once again as the screens appeared. “We are moments away from our destination. Please take a seat as I start the preparations to land.” 

Planet Linda is orbiting two stars—a neutron star and a main sequence star. This cause some concerns for Mex.

“Whoa, are we in a binary solar system?” Mex asked as he took a seat. “I hope it won’t be too hot or too cold…” 

“Quite. This is the Red Binary Solar System. This is about 4 light hours from the White Solar System of where The Good Days Headquarters is located.” The A.I responded. “This planet have distance away from the star, so the temperature might fall on the cooler side.  Regardless, the uniform is designed to adjust to any planet’s conditions.”

Neatnik didn't comment, though he was a bit concerned about the temperature. Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard for him to handle. He might become immorbilized in extreme cold.

"I am quite used to the cold. It is a natural climate of my planet to hold temperatures below -237 degrees." Artic said while sitting down as the AI told them to. "However... heat may not be a strong point for me. I detest the heat greatly."

Back
Top Bottom