Appelsider's Art Stuff

Hehe thanks Z! Its just another action/adventure type of story... I mightve posted the ocs a loong time ago, but the design of this one dude keeps changing. XD poor guy is one of the mcs and due to stuff, he sadly turns evil..... but hes not really evil per se. xD

Im dropping some very doodles practices (like half a years old doodles) cuz i got Nothing else to draw haha. For now im just practicing by sketching as youll see here below..
6VGr64y.jpg
UQkaFWB.jpg
8fXdvnh.jpg
vnZm5Ge.jpg
3P8pQmb.jpg
pQLPe5L.jpg
dmafJKA.jpg
sNB4Nh8.jpg
1CrBVWl.jpg
dsTIOdZ.jpg

8ygoWVx.jpg
jS4GDRZ.jpg
TEYxc9e.jpg
K5Chgkh.jpg

The order got a bit messed up, but most of the doodles are a few months old, except for the Selfie pose ai drew today, and the basketball one is recent as well. Oh and also the many sketches one with headphone boy and big eyes girl is recent too i guess xD

Enjoy the huge dump XD
Sometimes i think of finishing these ideas but im probably not gonna

EDIT:
Well heres a new Fanart, in a different style! Its Archer from Fate Stay Night
cEdkN3c.jpg

Oh yeah and Intried following a YouTube scenery tutorial.. kinda gave up half way but at
Least i tried

KPkQWRJ.jpg

Edit:
Some more FE3H doodles!
RQPGZ6V.jpg

All these sketches look awesome, Pinks. The Landscape drawing is something new and I like it. I should probably do the same thing, tbh since backgrounds are not my strongest point. I did learn how to draw trees close up but it's a lengthy process. That, or I forgot. xDD 

My favorite is the clown doodle since all you did was squiggle some green lines for hair and a red dot for the nose. It's so simple but effective. xDD

Finally, we witnessed an original OC! Damien looks rad! Delightful collection of doodles you posted.

I noticed the mountain drawing; I think that one is pretty good. Drawing from environment is always the toughest one for me to draw, mainly because it’s a bit different than drawing a person, an alien or an animal.

For some reason, the clown one reminds me of the Joker from the movie XD

Haha the clown one was kind a random drawing and then i just gave him Jokers colors indeed, because i was bored. XD
I dont even like drawing scenery, id rather be able to draw buildings of background for my drawings. Still got a lot of learning to do for that haha.

I havent been able to churn out more drawings since i kind of ran out of ideas, so I did some lineart+coloring for Shine as you all have probably seen in Discord. XD

But other than that the Demifiend drawing for the comp is the only one Ive properly finished in a while.
Guess ill post it here as well.
J8AyHT1.jpg
And for those interested, i often put the progress video on my insta or twitter xD

It's our boy Demi-Fiend! How did you draw the wall behind him? Or is that part of the program you use? I love it a lot!

That Demi-Fiend looks amazing! Yeah, did you create the wall behind him as well? :thinking:!!!

Haha thanks guys! 
The background was done with a pre existing brush on Procreate, so I didnt really have to make that cage like pattern by hand haha. I did lower the opacity and added blurryness to it to made it fade more into the background.
Allister from Pokemon SwSh!

oOXg1k9.jpg

This makes me want to do an redraw of all the Gym Leaders for the next challenge :thinking:

I’m loving it! I ended up seeing what Allistar looks like under his mask. It’s what I expected. Inb4 shipping wars within the fandom xD

Hehe thanks Shine!

Only the real OGs remember me posting a very old wip of Sora, and now I finally decided to work on it again, this time on the ipad:

ilCPe3p.jpg

I admire your productivity, Pinkey! The volume of pictures you've made would be probably be months worth of work when measured against my capability to complete any drawings. Do you prefer to finish pieces in one sitting or is it more common for you to be working on multiple at once? Assuming you don't try to give yourself a timed session or anything like that. The Sora piece came out really great (Nomura really liked the Layered Outfit trend that was around for KH2 lol). I hope you had a little fun doodling the Don Patch I suggested yesterday, I saved it hehe :3

You should do that "A Year of Art" summary meme everyone always does at the end of the year! If you haven't heard of it, you basically grab a template off dA or imagesearch and for every empty space, from January to December, you stick in the top favorite drawing of that month. It's a very comprehensive way of assessing how one improved if they were able to complete at least one per month. Might give you new insight on what to practice too!

I see that most of the time you do flats with simple shading; one tip that really changed my process was moving away from shading with plain gray or similarly muted colors and setting it to multiply/shade for the shadows-- after it was pointed out to me, I was very accustomed to shading my art the way anime tends to shade and it seemed to make something about the final product look more dull. So I started picking colors of different hues based on the main palette I gave my person while trying to stay away from the 'muddy' bottom left side of the hue block: it probably isn't exactly following any rules of color theory because I just choose the color that helps add depth or lets the other colors come out nicely. It feels more freeing that way I guess to be spontaneous about it! Playing with the brush texture for shading/highlights is also quite fun for adding more dimension to things like hair and clothes.

Thanks Loopy! I finish drawings in one sitting normally, because im impatient. XD
I always have a lot of character I want to be able to draw.. so i keep doodling and deleting them all the time till one seems good enough to work out fully. I rarely finish wips, the Sora was an exception since i didnt start that one on the iPad haha.

I’d actually love to do that template, but i feel like I was mostly active during September and October so i wouldnt know which drawings to choose! xD

Yup the multiply option is really convenient for shading! But i feel like sometimes that color doesnt work on shading for the skin, so I end up eyeballing or color dropping it from a reference. 

I really wanna be able to color/shade with different colors compared to the base colors but i feel like I need to understand color theory before I can do that. 
Guess I gotta keep practicing!! I also wanna be able to have a softer way of shading, but I cant get that right either. I feel like when I blur the shadow it doesnt melt into the base color, since I do the shading on another layer.  :katprone:

I also loved doing your Don Patch request, it was totally different from what im used to drawing so thank you for that! And im glad you liked it :D

Ill post the two requests i did here too:
Mob and Don Patch
b0KIc6e.jpg
Wpba9uU.jpg

Oh and another generic drawing, and doodles
JgRBaTe.jpg

4RFijMF.jpg
ZROcexL.jpg
iClNwEv.jpg

Guess ill add the drawing comp entry too! Its Kire, Z’s oc!
xU9TVqh.jpg

These look amazing!!! I love all these works, Pinks! I especially love Mob since he's too pure for the world we live in. You are improving each time I see your new stuff, keep up the good work! I also like the sketch of the black and red wizard(?) He looks pretty cool.

But the REAL prize is my redhead! He's legit perfect! I swear you drew him better than me. I can see myself putting your version as the cover of my comic. xDD It's the eyes, that's 100% the way he looks at people. I guess those are the half-lazy or I-don't-care eyes. Either way, I'm inspired to practice drawing eyes some more. You're really good at making them very expressive! Thanks a bunch for drawing Kire and keep on drawing!

Ploep said:
Thanks Loopy! I finish drawings in one sitting normally, because im impatient. XD
I always have a lot of character I want to be able to draw.. so i keep doodling and deleting them all the time till one seems good enough to work out fully. I rarely finish wips, the Sora was an exception since i didnt start that one on the iPad haha.

I’d actually love to do that template, but i feel like I was mostly active during September and October so i wouldnt know which drawings to choose! xD

Yup the multiply option is really convenient for shading! But i feel like sometimes that color doesnt work on shading for the skin, so I end up eyeballing or color dropping it from a reference. 

I really wanna be able to color/shade with different colors compared to the base colors but i feel like I need to understand color theory before I can do that. 
Guess I gotta keep practicing!! I also wanna be able to have a softer way of shading, but I cant get that right either. I feel like when I blur the shadow it doesnt melt into the base color, since I do the shading on another layer.  :katprone:

I also loved doing your Don Patch request, it was totally different from what im used to drawing so thank you for that! And im glad you liked it :D

Ill post the two requests i did here too:
Mob and Don Patch
b0KIc6e.jpg
Wpba9uU.jpg

Oh and another generic drawing, and doodles
JgRBaTe.jpg

4RFijMF.jpg
ZROcexL.jpg
iClNwEv.jpg

Guess ill add the drawing comp entry too! Its Kire, Z’s oc!
xU9TVqh.jpg

I'm sure some people just take their top favorites and line those up chronologically instead :p I envy people who managed to do one for each month XD

Studying Color Theory is on my to-do list when I work through all the wips i feel like finishing, but the internet is vast and I've bookmarked plenty of resource posts over the years. I plan to sift through them and see which ones can be archived/shared onto the resource thread, so fingers crossed I'll find goodies on color theory! I've learned a few tips from other artists but inevitably being self-taught requires learning the foundations anyway to understand why some people do things differently... it's a lot of hard work and I regret not learning this stuff earlier lol

Soft shading is definitely harder, you have to basically make sure you don't go overboard and end up with a bunch of smudges ;; It probably doesn't help we're doing it on a separate layer... I use a Water-Blur brush to blend it out but I have to fix it often because it goes a little too hard. But most of the time I have to improvise... if I find a life hack for it I'll send it your way too :lmao:

Also, you did a fantastic job on Kire for the competition! Captured his demeanor and everything. You're really good at drawing guys! I want to get good at that but I probably will have to start with super simple androgynous men first XP

Thank u Z thats a very big compliment!

@LoopyPanda yeah i wanted to save tutorials and the like too so that i could learn from them, but i feel like in the end i need to see it up close to be able to understand it.. so I guess the only thing left to do is, just keep on drawing and getting where i want to by trial and error. XD
Yeah that about soft shading its so confusing for me! When i watch a speedpaint and they start painting im like ??? Magic before my eyes really xD

And thanks Loopy, im glad i got his personality right since i dont know him very well myself. It gives me relief both you and Z like it well enough!

Next up are the requests of [garou from opm] Shine, a twitter user [zossie from pokemon usum] and a tumblr user [their oc in ppgz style] 
OH and a random gif since Procreate 5 got released! Its added animation support so im really excited to make use of it!

@LoopyPanda : its also added the color theory thing we were talking about, it automatically shows you either complementary color in multiple ways!! If only i knew how to make use of that!! XD

yzVv6Q2.jpg

FI1gYsf.jpg
oNWtCRQ.gif
caytMS8.jpg
gFTRftx.jpg

Made another Ai the Somnium Files fanart, this time the MC, damn ive already drawn 3 fanarts for this game!! Also messed around with the settings so make it look like this:

BzRNRPP.jpg

Duuuude, that feature legit is hella convenient for including all the types of colors (complimentary, analogous, etc im bad at words) I'm kinda jealous Procreate is an iOS exclusive :katcry: it will be an essential tool in your path to color theory, fellow grasshopper... 

Speedpaints are so trippy to me, it goes from blobs of color and geometric shapes to hyperrealistic eyeball in like 2 minutes... nevermind playing a guessing game of what brush they're using and trying to see if you can copy it in your own program lol
I even saw a speedpaint someone did of a hyperrealistic santa claus on youtube-- it gave me whiplash when I saw they did it in FRICKING MS PAINT OF ALL PROGRAMS!!! It was crazy, I gotta post it somewhere lol.

These ones are EPIC too, the Garou one came out really well!-- the gif reminds me of the funny little faces i see you randomly add in your timelapses when you're sketching stuff out haha

All these drawings are pretty awesome, pinks! Especially that Garo pic you drew! BI I love it!

I think I have a challenge for you. How about tackling Fubuki from One Punch Man? :maybe:

I'm loving all your stuff Pinks! Since you love doing requests, let me give you one (or a few lol)! I'll let you decide on which one you want to try out.

main-qimg-cc2c1558d8bc3a97961196b7d9f37fa1.webp

D1_LHsoX0AABOQO.jpg

original.jpg

I mixed them up a bit since I know you like a bit of a challenge and don't mind leaving your bubble to try some new things. I think the hardest one would be Bowser but I'll be happy with whichever you pick! Give it a shot, I know you'll make it great! Besides, one of the characters should look a little familiar since you kinda drew him already.  Can you guess who? :maybe:

@LoopyPanda loool i didnt think anyone really watches my timelapses, but yeah those stupid faces will 100% be in them most of the time, its like a reflex of mine xD

Heres another Ai Fanart!
It got acknowledged by the voice actresses of the two girls mcs on twitter so i was really happy with that!

hSePbhc.jpg
BqAgR3X.jpg

Other than this drawing I havent touched my tablet in a while since ive been addicted to Tales of the Abyss, I wanna finish it asap so i can draw fanart for it lolol. 
I also still need to draw Frosty for the competition...

I need to start making a list of the request ya'll are giving me xD

First ill do Frosty, then Shines icon request and then Ill decide what to do next. But first of all Tales of the Abyss needs to let me out of its grip aaaagh  :wagh:

@~Z~ : i dont really know which one you mean haha

Edit:

Ok got Frosty down for now just cuz theres a deadline, still feel like playing games more than drawing so those other requests will have to wait xD
9GXFMR6.jpg

Your Frosty is so cute Pinks!!! He's so happy and pure! Unlike Shine's evil gangster Frosty. B| xDD

I meant to say that you already drew Kire and that 707 dude kinda looks like him. Both have red hair and the same types of eyes. The picture I gave you is just some cute fanart I found but his official art is pretty similar. btw I made Kire way before I even knew/heard of Mystic Messanger. xDD

Back
Top Bottom