The Snowy Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asuza blushed and simply rubbed the back of her neck nervously in response to the one-eyed man's gesture of appreciation. "R-right. I can make the fire so that we can dry off quickly enough. Especially Nicori and One-Eye. Neither of you can afford to catch a cold out here." At any rate, she was happy to be able to pay back the favor to him because he saved her hide more than once. Asuza wondered how heavy that sword was for him to wield it with just one hand. It looked like a giant slab of iron, but he picks it up with as much ease as holding a parasol.

"You can have that thing, I definitely don't want it in my sight. I'd sooner torch it."

"Of course!" Bob responded to Vox. "You better behave or we have to smash you to pieces!" The orb didn't resist and entered the bag. 

Iceik nodded and led the group to a cave. "We can used this until we get on our good foot. That battle pretty much worn everyone out.." Iceik stated.

"To think that we been reduced to sleeping in caves..." Liza doesn't seem thrilled about the idea. "Well, can't be beggars..."

Vox says as he follows Iceik "I can trust you can make a fire for we can cook things and keep warm as we rest Asuza."

After being petted by Mr. One-Eye, Nicori smiled and kept at Asuza's side, as usual. He loved her warm body and tried her best to keep himself and his antennae warm. He didn't want to catch a cold like Asuza said so he tried his best to keep away from the snow and any wind.

"Can we just get out of the snow already..?" Nicori whined. "I don't like the cold..."

"You can count on me. I'll use the last of my energy for the day to do it." Asuza replied, staring into the depths of the cave and stepped forward cautiously into it. She held her hand out as it glowed the familiar color of a flame to light up most of the cavern for navigation. "We shouldn't have trouble finding a dryer area to set up the camp fire."

Liza sat down as the group entered the cave. "Man, what a way to start the day fighting off some weird monsters." 

One-Eye sat down in the corner. He appears to be thinking something.

"At least we got some new item!" Bob said. "With Asuza here, camp fire should be a blaze." 

"Yeah..." Iceik started to sweat for some reason. He went out of the cave, look back and forth, then returned to the group. "Alright, they're not around. Guess this isn't the time yet."

"You better make a huge fire 'Suza, I'm freezing my horns off." Nicori complained. "Besides, we can cuddle up with Mr. One-Eye and Iceik. They look to be super warm anyways."

Nicori kept himself pinned to Asuza and even tried to lift her dress to hide better from the snow. He saw nothing from with it, even in front of the others.

"No way, brat. I don't cuddle." Iceik said as he sat down. He took a deep breathe before turning to everyone. "I'm starved. Got any meat?"

"H-hey!" Asuza pulled down her petticoats that were under the skirt of her dress to keep Nicori from full out exposing her to everyone watching. "Just hang on for a minute and I'll start!" She said with red cheeks from the surprise. 

Before anything else, she knelt down to the cave floor and started to scrape up any kind of flammable thing she found into a pile-- leaves, twigs that flew in from the blizzard, and any rocks she found to help maintain it through the next several hours. Not too long, and she managed to start a decent sized fire limited in size by the circle of rocks she arranged. "There. That should keep it going for the night. We packed leftover food we made last night after most of you went to sleep."

Vox says as hands of shadow start doing other tasks to set up a camp "We did but i don't think it's some thing we can sell off, even if we wanted to."

Nicori seemed to be confused at to why Asuza was trying to cover herself but once the fire was made he instantly made a wide smile, showing how big his mouth truly is. He kept himself close to the fire, warming up his little antennas and tossing in a leaf or two to continue the burning. Once he was nice and warm, he scooted over to Asuza and actually behaved himself for once. It seemed that the cold just made him whine a lot. 

"'Suza cooks really good. Even Iceik was licking his plate when he finished his food. Even Mr. One-Eye wasn't as grumpy."

"Finally, some warmth.." Liza said. "Though, I do have a question, for you all." 

Iceik's stomach began to make noises. "Hey Vox, hurry up with the good!"

Bob sat down as well, organizing his bag to make sure things are in order. "Alright, that should do it.." Bob said. "Maybe we won't buy a buyer, but that will never stop a salesman from trying!"

Vox the hands start cooking and a hand hands some beef jerky to Iceik to help hold Iceik over. Vox says nicely to Iceik "This should hold you over till the food finished getting heated up."

Vox says nicely to Liza "Speak your mind Liza."

Vox says to Bob "That was not a challenge to your ability Bob, more i rather not risk selling to just some random person."

"Go on ahead. We are sitting in a cave after all." Asuza said as she sat down on the ground with her arms casually resting on her legs as she sat indian style. She pat the monster child on the head absentmindedly.

Nicori sat next to Asuza to keep himself warm. He smiled at her when she petted his head and seemed to really like it. His tiny antennae twitched at Asuza's touch but he pressed himself against her body.

"I can't wait to tell Mama about you, 'Suza."

"Thanks..." Iceik began to eat the beef jerky. 

"No worries!" Bob said. "I'm sure it won't be that bad." 

"Well, why are you guys traveling? I mean, before we all tag along to see Hero City and find whatever this guy is looking for." Liza asked.

"Your mother, huh... it's not every day I hear that someone's mother lets them run around on their own so often." Asuza laughed softly under her breath. "It must be nice to grow up with a mother like that. Sounds nothing like mine." She muttered. She didn't seem to care if anyone heard whether she spoke ill of her mother or not. But her tone softened.

Once Liza asked her question, the witch shifted her attention towards her. "I wasn't going for a road trip, that's for sure. To spare you the details, I planned originally to get back to where I live in the Paradice region from way down in the Empire state. Next thing I know, I end up with these guys one after another. A lot has happened in the last couple of days for me," Asuza explained. "But now that I have this munchkin to take care of and a favor to return with One-Eye, it's not like I'm in a rush to get back anymore. The only one who'd be worried about my whereabouts has the letter I wrote to go off of."

Vox says "your welcome Iceik."

Vox says as a matter of fact "If it was an orb of storms without a will i would be indifferent but it's the will thing that worry me."

The hands finish setting up camp for the night.

"Interesting.." Liza turned to Bob and Vox. "What about you two?"

"Well, I'm a salesman. So I traveled across the region to sell plenty of goods and valuable items to anyone who's interested in trading." Bob explained. "Nothing much to it! Haha."

Vox says as the hands start handing out the meal "Because i can." Vox asks "what about you Liza?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom