The Sisterhood of White Magic Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magiana nodded solemnly. "I-I will." She said quietly. "I'll uh... get ready..." 

She plopped down on the bed and just looked at her hands for a moment. "Thank you for giving me a place to stay too."

He's way more strict than Mom and Dad... and the headmaster back home combined! What am I gonna do? There's so much pressure...

Magiana pressed her gloved hands into her cheeks to get the thoughts out. 

"Just don't let him get to you, like the Z thing said... I'll show that sourpuss a thing or two myself." Magiana stuck out her tongue to nobody in particular.

Z-Clone slipped into Magiana's room to drop off some papers and some snacks. From there, she turned to Magiana and floated in front of her to hold out a small card with a number on it. She petted the girl's head.

"If you ever feel troubled, you can always go to this room~ I will be located there to assist you~" Z-Clone nodded to herself. "And remember~! In order to impress Aquario, you have to show him that you are a hard worker~ But always remember to be yourself above all else~ Farewell young Mage~! My best of luck to you~!"

The Z-Clone floated higher in the air and suddenly disappear, leaving a small trickle of green glitter to fall and vanish once it reached the floor.

"Right." Magiana replied, looking down at the book the Z-Clone had given her. "I'll prove him I can learn as much as any other elite mage here! I'll prove it to big sis too."

After munching on some of the snacks provided, she out the rest away for later and put the papers on her desk. 

"I may as well go to him." Magiana left her room with the book in hand and lightly knocked on the door. "M-Mister Aquario? It's me from earlier..."

The door opened without warning and Aquario was seen standing just a couple of feet away from the door. He walked out the entrance and offered his infamous glare to Magiana. He urged her to follow him.

"We will head outside for your training." He said coldly. "What is your name, anyways? Why do you wish to become strong? What is your goal?"

~ Z ~ said:
ShineCero said:
~ Z ~ said:
"Lady Okawa~?" Z-Clone tilted its head. "Absolutely~! We have recently made a deal with the owner to sell our products there~ There is currently a Z-Clone residing there, property of Lady Okawa~"

The Z-Clone held out a green pencil and spun it around in her mitten hands. "Do you wish for me to take you there~?"

"Sure, lead the way." Liza asked.

"Indeed! Let's go." Bob seems to be rather excited about this.

The Z-Clone nodded and held out her large green pencil. She drew a plain circle in the air and then poked at it using the eraser. The portal suddenly showed the inside of Okawa's shop and any current activities.

"I have alerted the Z-Clone in Okawa's property~ She will tend to you~"

Liza nodded. "Alright.. let's make our way there." She'd entered the portal. Bob followed suit after her.

Magiana didn't say anything, in thought, before she answered. 

"M-My name is Magiana! A-And I want to be strong enough to beat my parents and find my big sister! I don't want to live in her shadow.... I'll only find her if I become a strong mage and explore the lands. I want to prove my parents wrong too. And you!" She puffed out her cheeks defiantly before they deflated again.

W-why did I say that?! He might get angry at me now....

Aquario stopped right where he was and turned back to face the young girl, his eyes filled with nothing but rage. Oddly enough, the rage wasn't really about what Magiana said but rather what she's fighting for. He offered a small chuckle and turned away from the girl, continuing on his stroll to the outside.

"Prove me wrong?" Aquario said sternly. "You will never prove me wrong. You wish to stop living in the shadows, you will work hard for it."

Aquario finally stopped in a small meadow that had several craters, burnt trees, and other kinds of damage. He took a deep breath and fixed his glasses, turning back to Magiana. He held out his wand.

"Show me the spells you currently know of."

(I'm gonna assume you want her to take the wand XD)

"O-okay." Magiana shakily took Aquario's wand and walked out to the center of one of the nearby craters. She looked up at the sky and took in several deep breaths. 

"Here we go..." She tapped the tip of the wand to her forehead with eyes closed to chant the spell quietly. 

"I call on the stars to guide the Arrows of Light!" Magiana aimed the wand skywards as the tip glowed bright blue and a cluster of the arrows dispersed in the air, curving downwards before hitting the edges of the crater all around. 

"H...how was that?"

Aquario didn't look at all impressed. He held out another wand stared blankly at Magiana. He pointed it at the young girl and large icicles appears behind him. There were about twenty of them and each were as sharp as the tip of a sword.

"That was pathetic." He said coldly. "I'm impressed you know the spell at all with that weak performance. Here's a chance to prove yourself to me or die like the others." The icicles spun in midair and the pointed tips all suddenly stopped and aimed at Magiana. "I want you to deflect my attacks with your puny arrows. Feel free to move around and avoid getting impaled. Use any means to stop my attack. You have five minutes. Begin."

He waited for no response from the girl and threw the first large projectile at her. He was careful not to really hurt Magiana but he was also making sure that she didn't hurt herself either. He watched carefully behind his glasses.

Magiana yelped in panic and began to run in one direction to try and out run the icicles.

He's totally off his rocker! Is he trying to murder me!? She held out the wand behind her as she ran. Magiana performed the same spell but moved her wrist in a circular motion to fire off the arrows in a funnel shape that extended outwards. Her expression was far from her relatively calmed one just a minute before.

"Do not show fear! Be confident in your abilities, Magiana!" Aquario ordered. "In order to correctly use magic, you must focus your mind!"

While Magiana attacked, some of her arrows did deflect the icicles aimed at her and caused them to shift direction. For the most part, he was mindful of where they landed but only one landed right next to Magiana in hopes to break her concentration. It was obvious as to what his first lesson was: To keep the girl focused under pressure. He knew it would take time.

"You have 3 minutes left!"

Magiana let out another shriek from being startled by the sudden attack that had landed so close to her. It made her lose her footing and she stumbled backwards onto her bottom, but promptly scrambled back to her feet. 

"Again!" She thrust her arm forward, more sure this time. The arrows burst forward from one spot and fanned out. Immediately after she cast the spell again, she turned to run as fast as her aching legs allowed her. The exercise was making her lungs acche from all the running, but she forced herself to keep going.

More and more icicles were being tossed to the side but only one landed directly in front of Magiana. There was one icicle left and it was rushing at Magiana at great speed. Aquario seemed to want to see what she would do in a situation like this. Whether or not she did something, he would not hurt the girl. He kept his eyes narrowed and twitched his wand, making the icicle go even faster.

"30 seconds left!" He called out, almost ignoring the fact that Magiana would get impaled.

"Awh!" Magiana paled and regretted glancing over her shoulder since the icicle in front of her made her trip again. She waved her arm with the wand frantically to try and hit the icicle off course and land anywhere else but her while trying to avoid falling down again. "Please be over, please be over!!!"

This is too much! @n@ She thought to herself before turning to the icicle and gripping the wand with both of her hands. "I'll just aim a big one through it! Here goes nothing...!" Of course, trying to aim something straight at the icicle wouldn't be an easy feat for her at all with how shay her grip would be. "One more time!" She gripped it as hard as she could and fired the arrows in one cluster straight for the icicle with all she could muster her concentration on.

The icicle would instantly blow up in mid air thanks to Magiana's arrows. She would only see a small shower of cold water but overhead would be a small rainbow thanks to the water and light hitting it. For the most part, many people would think that Magiana passed her small test, however, Aquario didn't seem at all impressed. He walked over to the girl with his arms crossed.

"You are pathetic." He said coldly. "You will never become strong if you run away from your fears. You truly are the worst I've seen. I used my magic to send the icicles to a different direction, giving you the illusion that you deflected them. You are lucky that I did not wish to kill you. Any other person would have easily taken advantage of your weak and useless status as a mage. You will never get stronger is you run and cry." He turned his back to Magiana and his tone changed slightly. "However... you did focus in such a critical moment. Learn from this, girl."

Magiana didn't say anything in response, her cheeks turning red in shame. "Yes..." she muttered and moved her shoulder to rub at the corner of her eyes. She seemed genuinely disillusioned, thinking she did well, but it was just a fluke. It was humiliating, but she was glad nobody else saw it. "I-I'll do better next time."

Don't cry... don't cry... it's just what he wants anyway.

All that came from her was a sniffle to try and not cry in front of Aquario. The tears were both from shame and frustration. 

"What do we do now...?" Mag tried her hardest to keep her voice level, but it came out quiet like before.

"You must train to get stronger." Aquario sighed. "I'll admit, you show potential but you seem to let your fears cloud that. You must not be afraid. For now, you need to work on the book Master Z gave you. Fill that up with at least one new spell then test it out on me. We will continue this training regime until you are able to easily pass it on your own."

Aquario placed his wand within his long sleeve and crossed his arms.

"However, you can also talk to me whenever you have problems. I may be harsh but I will not leave you misguided. You do have homework to do and I expect you to know a new spell by tomorrow."

"As you wish. You worked surprisingly well with that wand." Aquario chuckled. "It's a little broken so I had to tie it back together with a ribbon. If you ask me, I think it suits you, young lady."

Aquario turned his head to Magiana and offered her a rare smile. He seemed to be more harsh on his lessons rather than in general. It was obvious how he still seemed vain.

"If you ever have any questions, you are free to knock on my door."

Aquario walked off, his body suddenly turning into water and sinking into the ground, disappearing from view. He reappeared in his room.

Magiana lowered her head and simply sighed. "A new spell by tomorrow..." she headed back into the building and waved her hand to try and call over a Z-Clone. "Excuse me, where can I go and find a place with spells to study here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom