The Reality Vortex: Shadow Games

Bernkastel was preoccupied with gripping the umbrella, so she was unable to keep Asher at arm's length from her personal space as she preferred. Still, the usual aggressive resistance wasn't there with her despite the stiffness of her body language exhibiting discomfort from Asher being so close. Bern paused to look into the lad's eyes for a moment, then glancing away; she was unable, or perhaps refused, to look him in the eye directly for very long.

"He is... extraordinarily patient with me. Even though he has good reason not to--" Spina's irritated demeanor cut off her quiet reply. "It's fine, Spina. He's not bothering you if I'm the one talking to him. Not that I'm good with kids..."

Bernkastel tilted her head at his off-handed sentence, not sure what he was referring to exactly yet still compelled to answer to it. Looking ahead at the arena with him, she nodded with a small smile. "Sure. However high that mountain is, we'll scale it together." When he placed his hand on her head, she gazed up at him expectantly. "Hm? Something's..." seeing her own breath form in the air, she grasped tight onto Asher's arm sensing an oncoming disturbance. "What the-!? The hat, it's-- absorbing people's souls?!" The Witch yelped in surprise when she and Spina collapsed to the floor, pinned down under an impossibly strong pressure. "I can't move... what the hell is up with that demon hat?!"

I can't so much as lift a finger-- I can't calm down enough to even try Clear Mind! Bernkastel struggled to breathe evenly on the ground, undable to see anything higher than the floor.
===============
The Souvenir Alley

Berserk's ragged breathing continued until she was able to fully stand up on her own. Her whole front was blood-red, but she stared at the men with vivid amber-colored irises, and even though her hair wasn't any more wild-looking than before it looked like she was struck by lightning-- or something like it. Framing her face and neck were fractal patterns tracing down her limbs and tapering off. The darkness cast by the alley let it give off a neon glow akin to her red plasma-bolts. In the center of her chest where Lucifer pierced her was no longer a gaping wound but a pitch-black scarring where the markings looked particularly bright; like a twisted sun and its rays.

"Demi-Berserk? Aw, Berserk-Fiend sounds way cooler-- whoa... huh. That's weird." Berserk was taken by surprise at the strange echo of her own voice. Lucifer's question gave her pause. "Funny you mention that... It was all I could think about just now."

To get stronger was too vague, even if she'd been motivated to surpass her sister Brute. After Brute, Berserk couldn't forsee anything past that obstacle. She wasn't currently under any oppressive force either like before.

"Being at the top of the food chain would get boring if there was nobody left to fight. Sure, I'd always have a challenge but there's never anything fun left to do when you beat every boss in a game. You're left all alone. I don't want something that boring. You remember how the Red King seemed to just level up more and more the longer we pummeled him? I want that but with everybody, not just me. Push everyone to evolve something new in themselves-- variety is the spice of life! 'Cream of the crop' is just a misnomer when the rest gets culled to make the field look pretty. Whether I win or lose, me and the other guy bring something new next time so there's no pattern to anything. That's the never-ending fun I want."

========
Tournament Plaza

Mooli sternly glared up at Kaiba, unshaken by their eavesdropping. Only briefly glancing at his hand drawing the blank cards did she break the silence. "I see... omigosh LOOK! Over there, it's the Blue Devil Gogeta!" Feigning a shocked expression, Mooli urgently jabbed a finger at something in the distance over Kaiba's shoulder.

Swiftly, she placed a hand on Daiman's shoulder while raising two fingers to her forehead. "See ya," Mooli stated as the two's silhouettes fizzled out of sight...

Subsequently reappearing smack-dab in the middle of the arena. She glanced around like a deer in headlights before sweating in realization. "Uh... oops...." her cheeks flushed red.

Victor thinks as he stops " How I faced gods greater than this brat, gods of sealing and gods of gravity as well. Then way am I not able to move?"

Victor realizes something and thinks "I should not consternate on that and start fighting that." Victor starts to use his magical force and force of will struggle to free himself form whatever Malugia did.

Even as Dielec herself was unable to move, she stared in the direction of Malugia.

"Fools like you... need to learn... what it means... to accept a loss... and be... a good sport about it!" she thought, focusing to summon a lightning strike onto Malugia's position, or that something else would happen that would throw Malugia off and make him stop his unwarranted assault on everyone.

Asher’s eyes darted to the occasional spear that fell from the sky. He silently listened to Spina and Bernkastel and the information gathered on Creator Gods. His thoughts immediately went to Byakko and the other Divine Beings of his universe. However, something was telling him that the Divine Beings of his world were not the same type of beings Bernkastel spoke about.

Well, maybe the Divine Beings are these Creator Gods? They literally created… my universe. Asher’s rainbow eyes shined slightly, almost as if something was telling him otherwise. The way this cat girl is speaking, it’s as if these ‘Creator Gods’ are on a higher platform than the Divine Beings. …Above a God?

Before Asher had time to ask a question, he felt a powerful pull towards the ground. He immediately slammed face first to the ground as Malugia used his powers to affect the entire audience. He could barely move a finger, yet he tried with all his might to get back on his feet to no avail.

“Ugh…! W-What’s that hat doing now…?!” Asher growled. “Is he planning to wipe us all out?!”

Zenta silently kept his attention on Demi-Berserk, saying nothing as she and Lucifer exchanged words. As Demi-Berserk spoke her reason for becoming such a fiend, the hairs on Zenta’s body rose on end. The way she spoke of being on the top is boring and lonely, always wishing to find a challenge, and being able to break the limits placed on a person made Zenta feel almost nostalgic. Every word the came from her mouth gave him goosebumps. It was almost like he knew very well what she was talking about.

The beast then straightened himself out and took a step back from Demi-Berserk to stand next to Lucifer. He seemed happy that she was alive and kicking.

“I am glad to see you still remain with us, Berserk. It would have been quite awkward to explain to Avalon what happened to you.” Zenta chuckled. “I can also sense a newfound energy inside you… You are much stronger than before…”

Eventually, the beast's voice trailed off, his mind being distracted by something. Zenta, to Demi-Berserk and Lucifer, was quiet for several minutes, his entire expression mute. He was deep in thought, as if remembering something that was triggered by Demi-Berserk's words.

“Being at the very top of the food chain…” Zenta said to no one in particular, his voice a mere whisper. “It does get boring sometimes…”

Tournament

After moments had passed, there was no sign of Vegetto anywhere. Losing his patience, Malugia approached the Breakers among the audience. His evil aura was leaking from his unstable body; the evilness he collected from the audience was not enough to sustain his true form.

“No show…” Malugia raised one of his floating hands and snapped his fingers. The gravity intensified, forcing both Victor, Dielec and everyone else further into the ground. “That girl’s heart was evil, but her body is no longer suitable for my conquest. Vegetto fits the perfect criteria. And to think I let that chance slip away, that was my foolish mistake. I’ll drag him out, one way or another.” He turned to Cadye and lifted him up from his seat. “I heard about your little adventures. You lost quite a reputation for your prowess. But as I demonstrated… none of you are no match of a Creator God. Struggle as you want as I tear all you apart.”

“…Fuck you.” Spina scorned despite his position and showing no concern to that of Cayde. “Find that jackass yourself if you want him so bad. Then I can beat the shit out of both of you at the same time.”

“Violent one, one? Let me replace that with fear.” Before Malugia began, his attention turned away from the Breakers to the newly appeared Mooli and Daiman in the arena below him. “The last two fighters…?” He said, still holding pressure on the audience.

“Wh-what?” It didn’t take long for Daiman to notice that something was off. “What’s going on here?” He looks up and sees a giant ball of black with a sinister face. Immediately, he jumped into Mooli’s arms, screaming. “What’s the heck is that!”

“Cease.” Malugia uttered a word. A heavy toll weighs down on Mooli and Daiman’s bodies, freezing their movements where they stand. After observing them and sensing so concept of “evil” from them, the evil god remembered. “Ah, the two that went out for supper. To think you come back here… surely you must’ve realized my gracious aura…? No matter… I will not spare you in the slaughter.”

“Slaughter? No, I don’t think so.”

Malugia turned away from the two, thinking that perhaps Vegetto had finally shown himself. However, a wave of disappointment was immediate that it was nothing more than a man. “And you are?”

“Some called me Kazuki when I’m running my shop, but as president of these tournaments, you’ll refer me as Seto Kaiba.” Kaiba arrived at the arena. He took a quite glance, eyeing Mooli and Daiman. “So that’s where you were… You caught me by surprise to disappear like that. Figure it was some teleportation ability. Still, that was a good distraction.”

Malugia floated down towards Kaiba. “You’re the one that orchestrated this foolish activity? Perhaps if I rip you apart, will Vegetto appeared then?”

Kaiba furrowed his eyebrows. “You’re looking for Vegetto? I already have him.”

“What?”

Pulling out the Vegetto card, Kaiba presented to the Evil God. “Managed to capture him at the right moment. He’ll make a fine possession for my deck.”

Malugia sees the Vegetto card, sensing his energy. “I’ll be taking that, human.”

Kaiba smirks the moment Malugia tries to cast a spell. “Trap card, activated. Capture.”

Underneath Malugia, a bright light illuminated the area. “What?!” Malugia was seemingly confused about what was happening. In one second, Malugia was seconds away of killing everyone. At the next, as the light subsided, he turned into a card with his image imprinted on the front. The gravity pressure that weighs down everyone had instantly disappeared, and Mooli and Daiman were able to move freely again.

Kaiba picked up the card and added it to his deck. “A Creator God card… excellent.” He turns to the rest of the audience. “That was close. It would be a real PR disaster if those nosey reporters get a sniff of a bloodbath here. Is everyone alright?”

===

Spina pulled himself up and dusted himself. “What power…” He thought about the Creator God—if that was just a fraction, then it will be extremely difficult for him to pick a fight with someone that held that title right now. He eyed Kaiba, remembering him back at Reality Metropolis at the Card Maker Shop. “What kind of technique did that bastard do to turn him into a card?”

=====================

The Souvenir Alley

Lucifer smiles at Berserk suggesting the name Berserk-Fiend. “That is fine as well.” He paused for a moment. Berserk’s Reason was nostalgic to the angel. “Had this been my world, such Reason can shape the very fabric of natural laws. Pushing evolution further and further… but leaving no one behind.” His eyes locked onto Berserk. “That is a wonderful Reason.”

The angel turns to Zenta reminiscing about after hearing Berserk’s core beliefs. “You know. Such is contrary to one of my incarnations’ beliefs. A view where one destroys the weak and strength is valuable. Either you’re born strong, or you’re born weak—the latter means immediate death. Such a narrow-minded view, I say. I’ll see interested to see how you will take this power once you achieved Limit Break.”

The angel’s ears perked. “You know… we been sitting here for quite some time, but I haven’t heard a single soul. Not even the sounds of slurping or munching those sugar foods invaded my ears.”

Victor quickly to the point that no one noticed any thing stopped constating once he noticed that Malugia "I know this feeling it now makes since how I got restricted so much. I gest "density" really wanted that Kaiba kid to get a summon."

Victor says in a matter-of-fact tone "outside taking those that are passed out evil Malugia did restively little Kaiba. Hopely it was restively a minor amount and/or its a its recoverable state." Victor is fine despite what Malugia did to him.

Last edited:
Tournament

“That’s good. Last thing I need is some maniac hurting the merchandise.” Kaiba responded to Victor. “I’ll be sure to compensate you and the others later.” He shifted his attention to both Mooli and Daiman. “Now, where were we…”

“Did I hear that right? He mentioned capturing Vegetto?” Turles was taken aback that Kaiba was able to capture someone that claimed such the highest status of power. He looked around and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. But he claimed that he already captured Vegetto. "Something about this feels off."

The announcer, no longer pinned to the floor, rushed to Kaiba in a panic. “I’m so sorry for how things turned out! That guy was crazy!” He explained. “Please don’t fire me! This is the only thing I am good at... and if I lose this job, my cousin is going to dragged me back to the RNN!”

“Relax. I’m not firing anyone. Too valuable for me.” Kaiba said. “Is Coella still at her little spot? How’s her streak going?”

“…Yeah? I think she’s on her longest running streak yet if I recall…” The announcer explained.

Kaiba smirks and turns to the gambling room right above the spectator arena. “Good.” He turns to the audience. “Welcome patrons. As you are all aware, my name is Seto Kaiba, president of these tournaments. We pride ourselves in ensuring that people from all different worlds can showcase their talents against the best. Unfortunately, unforeseen events like that can happened… but rest assure. I won’t let anyone cause harm to you.”

There was a slight pause as Kaiba turned to Coella before turning back to the audience once more. “With that said, I must announce the end of this tournament for my board to review some safety aspects and precautions.”

There was widespread groaning, confusion and concerns across the stadium.

Omegamon, being a regular at the tournaments, was certainly not pleased with that announcement. He rushed over to Kaiba. “End? But we haven’t reached the finale yet, and you took care of that threat.”

“Don’t be so alarmed, Omegamon. With that thing appearing out of nowhere, and that famous group appearing… things have changed. Besides, I am still hosting one last battle that’ll be sure to be a hit with everyone. They all will be front and center for it.”

Omegamon shook his head in confusion. “What?”

Kaiba raised his arm and pointed at the gambling room. “Coella! I am very impressed that you continued winning at this tournament. It seems that no matter what happens, you never, ever lose. But things have changed for the better for me. With the Breakers’ arrival, my victory is imminent. Thereby, I challenge you to a duel!” A sudden barrier appeared around the stadium, trapping everyone inside.

“What is that bastard talking about?” Spina stood up after seeing the barrier appear around them. “Who the fuck is Coella?”

Victor says "That good." Victor thinks "lest hope he is not planning any wordplay with that statement."

Victor thinks "science I know fate is mussing about for now any clever ways out for now are locked out. I should get ready to fight once more lest hope fate has not locked me out form summoning." Victor says "for now we may be suck playing this game of Kaiba's.

"Ehehe, you flatter me! But it's nice that my genius is appreciated now and then. Sounds like even Zenny is on the same page," Berserk crossed her arms with a satisfied look on her face-- despite her distaste of 'grown-ups' she seemed to have taken a liking to Zenta and Lucifer over time. "Knowing Avalon, he'd fly into a rage if somethin' bad happened... even though it'd be my fault I ended up in that position. But geez, you should've given me a second before you were gonna do that! You can't stick your hand into a girl's chest like that without asking!" She scolded Lucifer. "Ugh, it was HORRIBLE! I never wanna feel the air touching my organs ever again! Yuck! I'll get you back one of these days."

"...But come to think of it, it really is quiet. Do ya hear anything with those fluffy ears, Zenny?"
=========
"Ugh..." Bernkastel groaned, rubbing her face that had gone numb after the small group was pinned to the ground. Overhearing Kaiba's voice stream over the crowd once Malugia was dealt with, the Witch narrowed her eyes. "Is this really the same guy? What's his deal, dragging us into his business like that... I won't have any part in--" the barrier enveloping the arena cut her off mid-sentence. If he's using some sort of magic to pull all this off I doubt I can get us out of here. How'd he manage to capture Vegetto? Not even at his weakest would he lose to a mere shopkeeper-- what happened?

"Not familiar to me, but it sounds like a fight," Bernkastel replied begrudgingly, glancing back at Asher. "Just our luck, getting dragged into other people's business. If we're stuck in here, then the others can't get to us from the outside... wait--" her eyes widened in grim realization. "The Supers, Avalon-- they haven't returned either. What if Kaiba 'caught' them the same way he did Vegetto?" She wasn't sure about Zenta or Berserk & Lucifer, but the longer this went on, the more Bernkastel suspected the possibility. Were they being hunted with the enemy front and center?

"None of this is making sense."
=====

Mooli scowled, grunting to stand up with Daiman still in her arms once the pressure let up. She remained silent through Kaiba's speech, though her stare intensified behind the glint of her glasses as she held tight onto Daiman. It wouldn't hurt him, but mainly it was a precaution since she couldn't guess Kaiba's next move. "Why do I get the feeling that we're not being asked to do this next part... So, this is what you were up to with your creepy goons earlier?"

Last edited:
"Oh? What's this?" Coella turned toward the window to get a better view of Malugia throwing a tantrum and demanding for someone named Vegetto. Vegetto? OH! The witch was a bit surprised to hear that the Breakers were here at the tournament. Maybe they would be participating! Ugh, but that meant that Melugia was ruining the fun just as it was getting good! Coella glanced down below the creator god, and low and behold, there were a couple of the Breakers sitting front and center.

"Hmm, sore losers always know how to kill the mood." She sighed, crossing her arms as she watched Melugia threaten the crowd. Her ears suddenly perked up however as Seto Kaiba revealed himself and confronted Melugia, "About time, all these death threats are bad for morale, Kaiba kid."

She giggled to herself and watched the duelist address the crowd, raising an eyebrow as he looked toward the VIP box and eyeing her through the window. Coella's eyes widened slightly as he pointed at her and challenged her to a duel. the witch hesitated for a moment. Her? The luckiest being in the Vortex? The one whose powers just rivaled and beat a creator god? His victory was imminent?? What a funny proposition! She was now grinning from ear to ear, giggling uncontrollably. Kaiba kid must have been feeling really lucky today! This was an opportunity she wouldn't miss for the world.

Without another moment to waste, Coella jumped up onto her broom and burst through the glass, riding down into the middle of the stage for all the hostages to see.

"I ACCEPT!"

Coella laughed happily, twirling around in the air. "And here I thought you were planning on banning me for winning your little game so much! Turns out you're not such a sore loser, after all, Kaiba kid! You certainly sound like you're feeling lucky!"

The witch smiled eagerly, "So we're playing your little card game right? How will we play it this time? If we're betting credits then I'm all in!"

Last edited:
Tournament

Seto Kaiba watched as Coella descended from the VIP room. His demeanor was not deterred by the lady’s upbeat attitude. “I won’t disgrace myself by banning you from participating. I rather defeat you instead—that is much more satisfactory.”

Adjusting his dual disk, Kaiba replaced the deck with a new set of blank cards into the main slot. “We won’t be playing just some old-fashion card game.” He indicated that this wasn’t their first time Kaiba had challenged Coella. “Rather, I designed a brand-new game. Something to level out the playing field. Let’s call it… Gladiator Duels.”

“Players will have a deck of cards with various monsters, each with unique abilities. They will battle it out until one becomes a victor. First one to run out of monsters to fight, loses.” Kaiba smirks, “We’ll discuss the terms, but I have to make some last minutes preparations for this duel to be functional.”

“Tch. I didn’t join this tournament to find nutjobs.” Turles thought to himself. After hearing what Victor said, the Saiyan spoke out. “This sounds like personal beef between you two—where’s the fun we’re getting? No one wants to watch you two throwing cards at each other.”

“Watching? I said that all of you are front and center of this game. You should be honored for participating in my first ever Gladiator Duels. I’ll make sure that fans will collect your cards. Especially the hollow ones.”

Turles narrowed his eyes. “Collect—” He paused, realizing that Kaiba was intending on turning everyone into cards. Seeing Vegetto Card and now Malugia, the Saiyan piece together that the barrier was not just for show. It was trapping them from escaping whatever trick Kaiba did. “You little bastard. You got lucky with that floating ball, but I’m know what you’re up too. I won’t be your little plaything, you got that?” With haste, Turles dashed forward with the full intent of hitting Kaiba. “Drop dead, loser!”

“Trap activated: Capture.” Kaiba utters those words. A bright light engulfed the area for a few seconds. As the light subsided, Turles became a card. “An Saiyan who obtained the power of evil… interesting trivia.”

The announcer stepped back in fear, while Omegamon stepped forward with his blade drawn. “What is this nonsense?!”

Seto Kaiba turns to Omegamon. “Hmm? Oh, a prized card is talking.

Omegamon leaped forward. Hoping to be faster than Kaiba could react, his sword shined brilliantly. But in mere seconds, the Digimon was turned into a card within an instant.

“To answer your question, Mooli. Indeed, I was assessing the value of people if I should add them to my deck for this battle. Though, to think the Breakers will show up here of all places. Now I can defeat Coella, and the giant woman who granted me this power will award me handsomely.” As the audience went silent after hearing the plans, Kaiba raised his hand in the air. “Now, time to collect, then we shall proceed our game.”

The audience immediately started screaming and squirming around to find a way to escape.

“Tch…” Spina didn’t show too much concern for Vegetto, the Supers, Avalon and the others. If they were captured easily, then, in his mind, they were too weak to have faith in one another. “As if I would be trapped nor controlled.” Spina gathered power in his right hand. “I’m blasting this place sky-high.”

“Wait. Let’s see where’s this goes.” Brutality spoke to him.

“Huh?”

“Magic Activation: Mass Capture!” Kaiba shouted. Multiple trails of light spiral out of the card, attacking everyone in the audience. It attacks Spina straight away; the old Saiyan tried to resist. “You… can’t pulled me…!” However, resistance was futile. Within seconds, the Saiyan was entirely engulfed and pulled into the card. Pillars of light rain down, attacking everything and sucking them into cards. Bernkastel, Aster, Cadye, Bara and Brachi were struck by the light soon after Spina.

“This is crazy!” Daiman panicked. “We have to get out of here!”

Even as they were struck by the mysterious light, both Brachi and Bara still tried to resist vehemently.

"What the heck is this!?" Brachi asked.

"A magic different from mine?" Bara asked, blinking.

Dielec on the other hand watched this in shock, even as Omegamon and others were captured as well. In a bolt of lightning she teleported to where Kaiba was.

"What is the meaning of this!?" She demanded.

Victor says in a matter-of-fact tone shaking his head "I get the since that fate is going to force us to play his little game regardless, if we wish to or not. At this point we need to play his game until one of us can best him and save us all. We can save those he has all reedy captured baring one notable exception."

Victor thinks "it's best to get that fact out there already. I know using the term fate may trigger some but its best way i know how to describe what happened."

Last edited:
“Man, you Breakers are a magnet for freaks and trouble…!” Asher said in a loud whisper before turning to Kaiba and Coella. “What the hell?”

Asher listened to everything Kaiba said, growing more confused as he spoke about duels and cards. The youngster barely understood the conflict. What he did understand was that Kaibe trapped everyone in the stadium with the intent to capture them and turn them into cards.

“Turn us into… cards?!”

Before Asher could comprehend what Kaibe meant, he saw Turles and Omegamon get turned to cards right before his eyes. His face was full of shock and anger as he quickly reached into his ear, pulling out a very small Ruyi Bang. It quickly extended in his palm as Asher stood in front of Bernkastel.

Asher watched as Kaiba activated a trap that took in Spina.

“Gwah! Old man!”

But before Asher could react, he found that the light began to pull on him as well. Asher tried his best to fight back and struggle against the pull, but, eventually, the light engulfed the youngster entirely, and pulled him into a card.

Zenta heard Berserk’s voice, his ears raising slightly as if on cue. He turned his head to face the direction of the stadium. Berserk was right, it was oddly quiet when there should be a tournament going on. As Zenta focused on the stadium, his ears quickly twitched, perking up entirely. He heard the audience screaming.

“The audience… they are screaming in terror.” Zenta said casually. “I suspect it might be Vegetto acting up again… We should head back regardless.”

Bernkastel watched one of the encircling beams of light strike Spina with wide eyes, frozen in place with her eyes transfixed on him getting pulled into the card. She stood shellshocked, unmoving even with Asher stepping forward to protect them both. The screams around them seemed so far away yet the ringing in her ears grew louder from her heart pounding. The witch had gone pale, a deja vu flashing in front of her eyes and for the brief moment Spina was captured, Lambdadelta switched places where he was. With a gaping hole blasted into her chest by a death beam.

The uncanny familiarity of it made her psyche launch into self-preservation, urging her to escape any method possible. Bernkastel couldn't act on the urge, let alone process what the gut feeling was due to the shock. She felt herself being pulled in and tried grabbing onto something, anything in a bid to get out of the light's reach. "No! I won't go, I won't! Let go of me!" The Witch was sucked into the card regardless, leaving behind scratch marks on the stadium seat cushions and railings left behind.

Mooli bit her lip watching the beam strike everybody around them, her brows furrowed deeply. "I know, I know!" She was clearly distraught with having to abandon so many innocent bystanders. But she knew nothing could be done from inside Kaiba's card. Mooli pulled the steeliest face she could muster. "Saving some's better than none! No time to explain, so we're--" she stretched one hand to grasp Dielec's clothing. Then getting into a strange flamingo-like stance, poked Victor's ankle with the tip of her shoe. "Getting outta here!" Mooli exclaimed before awkwardly craning her neck to tap her forehead so they could escape.
========
Tournament Stands

Berserk sighed at the implication of Vegetto causing a scene. "Wonder what set him off this time... I bet his Super buddies probably went off on him again and everyone in the stadium thought we came there to cause trouble." As of late the usual insitgators had zero interest in aggravating the Potara Fusion, but if she remembered Gogeta's rampage correctly, it wouldn't surprise her if Vegetto tried a similar scheme to get even with Spina or Bernkastel. The latter was constantly irritable since they'd returned while the other was hard to read-- bored? Sad? Berserk wasn't able to tell.
"Well, I guess we ought to hurry on over..." she had taken off but the crimson stream of her flight seemed to stop and u-turn back to Zenta and Lucifer. "Hey, there's a big lid on the stadium now? Can't see anything in it."

Tournament

Kaiba held out a finger as a way for hushing Dielec. “Be quiet. Can’t you hear it? The sounds of my victory?” As pillars of light gathered more people from the stadium, several of them were heading to both Mooli and Daiman. However, due to Mooli’s quick thinking by teleporting out of there with few others she could grab, the pillars missed their target.

Moments after the lights subsided and the stadium emptied out, Kaiba held a confident posture. His face was beaming with smugness. “Few managed to escape, but that’s fine. I don’t need them to determine my win over you Coella.”

The single card that absorbed everyone split into multiples as a deck. “There. Preparations are now complete.” There wasn’t a single soul in the stadium or outside, aside from the ones that escaped. “Now, as I was saying… Yes. Gladiator Duels”

Snapping his fingers, the stadium ring they were standing on transformed into a terrain-like field, forcing both Kaiba and Coella on opposite sides. “Unlike your little bets, we will be betting some high-risk awards that I’m sure that’ll pique your interest. A penalty game, or a Shadow Game if you will. If you managed to win, I will resign my position as President of the Tournaments and hand over the reigns to you. But if I win… You will become a card worthy of my collection. Forever my pawn, fit to serve the greatest player of all games.”

Kaiba grinned. “If you agree to those terms, then I’ll explain the rules of this game. So, what will you say?”

===

The Souvenir Alley

“I suppose we should check it out. I’m curious to see the look on Avalon and Vegetto’s face seeing your transformation, Berserk-Fiend.” Lucifer chuckled. “And if those are the screams of pure terror, then I must bear witness such. Seeing the panic just fills me up with so much joy.” After Berserk dashed off, only for her to turn back and report the news, the angel was surprised by her speed. “Barrier…? Seems like someone cast it to prevent people from breaking out. But why? I’m sure Vegetto isn’t the type to do that; he’d rather do something more dramatic. Maybe a crazed fighter getting to ahead of themselves?”

Daiman suddenly fell from the sky, landing onto Lucifer’s arms. “Huh?!”

Lucifer raised a brow. “Hmm? Where’d you come from—” Victor, Dielec and Molli crashed on top of the angel, pinning him against the ground. “Oof…”

“Ouch…” Daiman narrowed his eyes and stood up. “Uh, UH! You guys made it out too?! Hurry, we need to call someone! Like, the Police! Or the Detectives! Something bad happened over there! Kaiba just appeared and turned everyone into a card!”

Zenta tilted his head as he heard Demi-Berserk mention that there was a barrier of some sorts over the stadium. He knew not what it could mean, but at the same time, he suspected that this might not be Vegetto’s doing. As he listened to the screams die out from the stadium, he managed to overhear Kaiba’s voice faintly.

Kaiba? Gladiator duels? What are those? And who is Coella…?

Zenta frowned, trying to make sense of it. As he was about to inform Demi-Berserk and Lucifer with the information he heard, Daiman suddenly fell from the sky into Lucifer’s arms. His face remained neutral as the others, Mooli, Dielec, and Victor all piled on top of Lucifer. A faint chuckle escaped his toothy grin.

“Ah, more surprises.” Zenta said, as he listened to Daiman panic and tried to tell them what happened. He easily picked up Dielec, Mooli, and Victor, gently placing them to the side as he took a seat on top of Lucifer, looming over Daiman and, unintentionally, giving him a toothy smile.

“Now, now… Care to explain what happened in the stadium?” Zenta smirked, placing his hand on top of Daiman’s head.

Victor says as he gets up "If you mean just before teleportation then the arena of the collosum over there." Victor points at the collosum. Victor goes on " It seems for some reason Kaiba chose to make us play some kind of game before we appeared here."

Victor thinks "I get the since despite being able to under normal circumstances, I will not be able to bypass this hole song and dance. I gest this is my role in this."

Dielec merely grunted as she was tossed on top of the angel, getting up and dusting herself off, her eyes narrowing towards the direction of Kaiba, one hand beginning to have sparks of electricity within the palm.

Back
Top Bottom