The Reality Vortex: Shadow Games

Tournament Arena

“At least you’re aware of my status,” Malugia responded to Victor. “But your judgement will be your undoing. Rest assures though, once I become victor of this little tournament, I’ll obtain a body worthy of assessing my abilities to a higher potential.” A big smile appeared on his face. “Perhaps I should take yours, old man?”

“Uh, if both fighters are ready—” The announcer interrupted Malugia, but he was suddenly blow away by a powerful gust of winds.

“Pipe down, mortal. A god is speaking.” Malugia swiftly moved his hands around as magical orbs appeared around him. Filled with evil energy, the “evil god” turned towards the audience. “Previous fights were on the soft side. I’ve set to change that. There’s no rule against killing. Bare witness of how a Creator God truly fights, and perhaps maybe that all of you will quiver in fear.”

Facing Victor again, Malugia flicks his fingers at Victor. “I am Malugia, an Ancient God of Evil. I represent evil in all capacity. You’ll be the first stepping down to my ascension, and once I reach my full potential—none will stop me. Not the Breakers. Not that damn Dark Saiyan, and not even other Creator Gods. Evil Outbursts!” A horde of black orbs flung towards Victor, bombarding everything in sight.

Victor says as he summons a seraph "I just an old summon so all you get would be a decrepit old man. I guess the old do have a duty to the younger generations."

The seraphim conters Malugia aura completely wend it came in the arena. The Serap blocks the blasts with a shield made out of strong light.
Victor says "I guess it's our turn." A group of sealing chains that are conquered by the Serap are heading torts Malugia real body. Victor seems ready for the next move and is preparing a new summon.

Last edited:
Bernkastel's expression was blank and unreadable. She was rendered speechless by the picture, and all the things Asher had told them. Even if she had an inkling he had a connection to Zenta, this was never something she could have fathomed. There wasn't any doubt with the picture, yet even then it felt like Bernkastel was looking at a completely different person. Of course, they never did inquire with Zenta about his past life, much less the one he shared with Cuki. Nevertheless this was a shock to her and Spina.

"That's right... even if he wasn't paying attention, he had to have sensed you here." Her brows furrowed, seemingly quite bothered by all this. "Why hadn't he said anything?"

There's no way she'll recognize her own kid if she doesn't remember a thing about her old life. The way she is now? Forget about the whole idea of meeting. What do I do... this is the worst time for such a chance occurrence to happen. Bern's thinking was soon interrupted by the next match going way off script by one of the challengers. She didn't feel all that threatened however, instead seeing it as a case of a blowhard looking to use smallfry fighters as a false advantage. "Saying all that while facing an old man... that's almost laughable. We'll see how the old guy fares. If he dies, we might have to do something so we don't deal with another Xypher crisis." The Witch didn't seem to be in much off a hurry despite this suggestion, however.
============

"Well, I couldn't just time-travel willy-nilly! I had special permission that only a select few get to have! It's strictly forbidden for anyone else because of how careful you have to be. Step on a butterfly during a mission to fix a bad timeline, and poof-- you created a new future twenty times as bad and have to fix that one!" Mooli explained rather diligently. "I doubt they'll miss us for a good ten minutes while we go take a look. Could be nothing, but if it's something I would hate to walk away... keep close to me." Deciding to sneak closer to the noise, Mooli began hovering slightly so her feet wouldn't touch the ground when going around corners. She used the edges of the stands' tents as cover.

Tournament Arena

“Aiming for my hat…?”

With a flick of his finger, the evil god created a wall of darkness before him and stopped the sealing chains. “Is that so? Perhaps you’re not worthy for me to take over your body.” Malugia pointed at the Seraph. Using bits of his magical powers, the summon beast exploded into particles with ease. “But your death will be a worthy spectacle for the audience.”

==

Gambling Room

“Whoa, did he take over that girl?!” One of them gasped.

“What did he mean by Creator God? I’ve never heard that term before.”

Chance slammed his fists against the table with glee. “Brilliant! This old coot won’t stand a chance in hell against a Creator God!” He turns to Coella with smugness coming in full force. “You best withdraw now… we’re talking about a Creator God. Not just your over-the-mill deity… but the fathers of Gods. The one above all!”

Seeing the confusion among few regarding Creator Gods, Chance took the opportunity to give explanation about the subject. “Before we’re dragged to this world, every single one of our worlds had someone in a higher status. Some kind of deity or higher power if you say. Gods, divine beings, however you want to call them. They usually governed the world, or even the universe.” Chance smirks. “But there’s one being that’s the step above all of them: Creator God. A being with immeasurable power. Immeasurable intellect. The one and only. Omnipotence if you will. They created their worlds in their images and everything with it. And all beings in that world, including gods, bowed to this singular entity. None can surpass them.”

Chance turns to the battle between Victor and Malugia. “You should be honored seeing one in person! They’re usually only in Omnipotent City. They rarely, if ever, leave because they don’t want to be associated with mortals—from their worlds or others. For one to appear and participate in this battle,” Chance turns to Coella once more, practically snickering from excitement, “any bets on the old man, you are guaranteed to lose. There is NO CHANCE you’re going to secure this victory.”

==

Tournament Arena

The announcer slowly rose from the ground. “Tch…” He cringed in pain after taking the blow from Malugia. “Hey! What’s the big idea?!”

Malugia simply looked at the announcer with contempt. “Silent!” The evil god shouted, causing the announcer’s lips to be forcibly sealed shut. “Only sounds I want to hear is despair from the audience.” He turns slightly towards the audience, notably the Breakers. “There is someone in the audience who heart is filled with toxic evil… but he’s not here. I’ll fish him out.” Malugia turns to Victor. “But I’ll have to establish the greatness of my power.” The tiles around him suddenly flung out towards Victor. “I hope you have more summons!”

As tiles slammed onto the old man, Malugia formed a ball in between his hands. “Evil Spherical Claws.” The evil god dashed forward and launched a series of slashes.

Tournament Souvenir Stands

Following Mooli, Daiman was still impressed with the fact that she could time-travel. Sure, she couldn’t do as she pleases, but it was still cool. “A real-life time-traveler…” Upon reaching the source of the noise, both would see Kaiba standing with a card in his hand. “Whoa… isn’t that the president of the tournament?! What’s he doing there?”

---

Kaiba was reviewing the Avalon card. “Seems decent. Got a lot of special abilities on this one.” He pocketed the card. “What’s the status of the tournament? Is Coella still winning?”

“Tournament is going fine, sir. Though it did seem to go off script. Coella is still winning quite easily.” A blank humanoid responded to Kaiba’s question.

“That damn Witch…” Kaiba raised a brow. “Off-script? What are you talking about?”

“One contestant bailed after his battle, and another one is threatening to kill the entire audience. Claims to be a Creator God.”

“Always one…” Kaiba sighed. “But a creator god, huh? What about the rest of the Breakers?”

“Still watching, sir.”

“Excellent. Let’s head there. I’ll capture them, that creator god and everyone in the audience too. Can you imagine? A creator god and the Breakers as my cards? I’ll be practically unstoppable. Oh! Any whereabouts on Gogeta? I captured Vegetto, but I can’t find that other one.”

“None. We don’t see him anywhere.”

“Damn, my collection is going to be a mess without him.”

---

“Did he say he’s gonna turn people into cards?!” Daiman thought he might’ve misheard him.

Brachi watched the battle unfold in the arena. She already felt bad vibes coming from this 'creator God' as he referred to himself as, but she remained silent, unless the audience was in direct danger, ready to deploy a defensive barrier whenever it was needed.

On her turn, Bara understood what Brachi was thinking, as did Dielec whom was watching this from the waiting room, both ready to do their part.

"I have a feeling that this isn't your usual tournament," Brachi muttered, "under normal circumstances, such beings whom have killing intent would be disqualified... ugh... this brings back memories of both the Cell Games as well as that one tournament where Videl was brutalized against Spopovich... wish the people would have either disqualified that brute, or let Gohan kick his ass to high heaven and beyond..."

Victor summons an earth elemental to block the tiles and it absorbs them. The elemental blocks the claws using the tiles. The earth elmental forces Malugia torts the sealing chains that are heading torts Malugia.

Victor says in a tone of an old person teaching a child as he changes positions "Sadly for you Malugia even if you were in your prime, I would not fear you let alone now." Victor simple did not care he may be facing a sealed god.

Victor seems ready for his next move and summon.

Asher’s attention quickly shifted over to the chaotic nature of the fight. He lifted his arms to shield himself from the strong gusts of wind caused by Malugia. He did not seem to be a fan of Malugia and his evil ways, frowning as he mocked Victor and threatened to take his body. Asher crossed his arms over his chest, narrowing his rainbow eyes at Malugia.

“That one seems like a jerk. My bet is for the old man…”

Asher’s ears twitched as he overheard Spina and Bernkastel mention that they knew Zenta and Cuki.

“Oh, so you know my mom!” Asher smiled proudly. “And grandpa is here too?! Awesome! Now I just gotta find dad…”

Asher listened intently to Bernkastel and Spina as they spoke about his grandfather, Zenta. Zenta was not able to sense his presence? Asher knew his grandfather was blind, but he would never fail to single him out from a crowd.

“Grandpa couldn’t sense me? That’s weird. He’s always able to sense me no matter where I am. That’s not like him at all…” Asher turned to Bernkastel, tilting his head. “Maybe he was distracted? Where did he go?”

Zenta’s attention shifted towards Berserk, hearing her shallow and rugged breaths. He remained silent for a few seconds before his face shifted to a neutral expression. He did not know what he could do for the girl other than bring her back to the Breakers. Even then, he was unsure of what they could do for her. The beast could sense a similar energy in Berserk that he felt within Demi-Fiend, and it made him curious.

She’s alive, but barely… Did Lucifer really try to kill her? No, that would go against what he wants. Berserk is undergoing a change, as he said, but why? Did she truly ask for this…? Zenta pondered to himself. Or did he seek out Berserk as another student?

Zenta then turned to Lucifer, a smirk growing on his face as he grew excited at the thought of what Lucifer said.

“A person among the Breakers who can satisfy my needs? Do you mean Spina?” Zenta knew something odd was happening to Spina. His behavior, his actions, and especially his words. “He has been acting odd as of late. I assume you see something I cannot… Indulge me, then! What will Spina grow into, Lucifer Morningstar…? Will it be something spectacular?

Last edited:
Coella looked on in awe as the next couple of contestants came out. As Victor and Malugia were introduced she allowed Oliver to pull a random name out of her hat once more.

"Ahhh this one should be interesting." She giggled to herself before being met with Chance's outburst. She remained silent through the bit, listening as the gambler praised the God. She rose a hand to Oliver, stopping him before he could leave to take the paper back to submit it. The room fell silent as Coella stopped her random bet from being placed.

"We should be honored, you say? None can surpass them? My, my, I must I commend your confidence even after such a loss. But to challenge my luck is not something I take so lightly." Coella's smile now seemed dangerously calm as her eyes looked up to meet Chance's.

"Whatever world they reign from makes no difference. Lady Luck is always present. None can escape her. Not even me, if you can believe. So let's put Malugia's omnipotence to the test."

Coella turned to Oliver, finally.

"Forget whatever name is on that paper, please, dear Oliver. My bet is going to Victor. And I'll wager everything I've got."

After the declaration, the room suddenly burst to life as many of the gamblers frantically ran to change their bets. Coella never revealed who she would root for so this was a chance they didn't want to pass up. As the room around the turned into chaos the lucky witch sat back in her chair, turning her cold eyes back to Chance.

"I wonder... whose power will overcome the other?"

Tournament Arena

“I don’t know her at all, but I’ve met your mother.” Spina was brutally honest with that answer. While he was paying close attention to the battle unfolding in the arena, the old Saiyan continued. “Your energy… is all over the place. You’re inconsistent.” He recalled the conversation regarding Alter beings. “No wonder the damn dog couldn’t sniff you out. You don’t have any recognizable energy for him to pick up on.”

He shifted his focus to the battle below. “I don’t know where the dog ran off too. He’s probably busy sulking about your mother for leaving again. If you want to find him, how about you go fetch him?”

=======

The collision between Victor’s earth elemental attacks and Malugia’s claws resulted in a sporadic explosive. “Fear…?” Malugia tumbled back. He sensed the sealing chains heading towards him from behind.

“Do not mock me, old fool.” Malugia stood up and grabbed the upcoming chains. With a powerful grip, he smashed them into nothingness. “I was the pinnacle of evil. I harbor the very foundation of such concept. Evil at its purest, rawest form is liberation, free of everything. If I was in my prime, Omnipotent City and the entire world would fall to its knees. Let me demonstrate of what a fraction of my power this body can do.”

Green flames burst on his right hand; Malugia’s eyes changed colors. “Submit.” With a single word, Victor’s body would become heavy and force him to the ground. The evil god started to sweat due to using excessive amount of power, Malugia continued. “A fragile body like yours cannot handle the pressure of my magic. That’s the downside of a mortal body. But if one was exposed to the influx of evil, it’ll resist and become strong. That’s why I seek the toxic Saiyan’s body.” Malugia stood in front of Victor with anger in his eyes.

“Play your next trick, Summoner.” He raised his hand in preparation for Victor’s next attack.

Gambling Room

“Y-you!” Chance felt embarrassed that Coella is going to bet everything on this battle. “Are you an idiot!? This is a living, breathing, Creator God! Victor is going to get crushed! Don’t tell me your arrogance holds no bounds?!” He turns around, seeing the battle unfold. “Malugia! Win this!!”

Tournament Souvenir Stands – Clothes Shopping

Lucifer was silent upon Zenta asking what he knows about the old Saiyan. “I cannot answer that. While I pride myself to obtain knowledge, the situation with Spina is beyond my scope.” The angel admitted as such. “Even when I confronted him in Rogue City about the paths he’ll choose, leaves little information I can convey from.”

The angel pauses for a moment upon seeing Berserk’s situation. “But his power grows at such an exponential rate. I’m sure you noticed this as well, Zenta. His battle with that gravity fighter was just an appetizer of what he’s capable of. Give him time, and he’ll become the fighter that you seek.”

Last edited:
Victor more stumbled to the ground and then casts a swap spell. Victor switches places with the Searif. It relaunches the chains once more. Somehow those chains seem far stronger than the ones that the Searif first conquered. They start to rush to capture Malugia once more.

The earth elemental to make shore Malugia can't get away or to get near victor once more.

Victor says as he starts to release a magical presser on par of Malugia as he stands once more and oddly it seems like he not even trying to that hard "I gest I can play your game. " Victor's magical presser seems like it's made out of other magical pressers but despite that they seem unfired. What Malugia finds tearing is that a number of the other pressers seems to be of gods on par with him at his prime or greater.

Victor says "To your statement about not able to handle your magical presser way would I need to. I may be old but I not that frail not to be able to handle something on part of some my summons." Victor thinks "I must be getting soft if I let that cheap trick make me actually stumble."

Last edited:
Tournament Arena

Realizing that Victor had restricted his movements, Malugia kept his composure. Just before the chains reached him, they melted away instantaneously upon touching the evil god’s aura. Placing two fingers from each hand together, the entire atmosphere had changed dramatically. The colorful scenery of the tournament became dark and broody; and the emotions among the common folk in the audience took a heavy change. No cheers, but despair.

“Your arrogance is ill-suited for you, Summoner.” Malugia swipe away the earth elements and turn it into his own power. Transforming them into large fragments, the evil god launched them in great speeds. One after another, they crashed against the arena, leaving extremely violent explosions upon impact.

“I have no equals here.” Malugia’s aura exploded violently, and its influence had an impact among some people in the audience. All those with evil in their hearts, no matter how little nor suppressed will be in a trance. Notable exceptions are Bernkastel and Spina and the rest of the Breakers that do not have evil in their hearts. However, the body Malugia is using is reaching her limits. “Let’s end this farce now.”

His eyes swirl rapidly as his magical aura bursts even larger than before. “Rain of Evil.” In seconds, black daggers appeared overhead. “Die.” All of them rain down quickly, with pure intentions of killing not just Victor but every single person in the tournament.

The announcer panicked and tried to warn the others to get to cover despite being unable to speak. The rest of the audience tried to escape or fly away, but Malugia’s magic was forcing them down.

“You are outmatched, you damn old fool!”

=====

Spina didn’t even flinch upon the appearance of black daggers raining down on them. “Creator God…? I’ve never heard of that.” He was out for most of the battle against the Red King, so it’s the first time encountering such term. Showing no concern for himself or others, the old Saiyan focused on the old man. “What’s your next move?”

===

Tournament Room

“Tch… that bastard is really going to kill us all, huh?” Turles formed a barrier around himself. “This is really getting interesting…” He was curious about the toxic Saiyan he spoke about. "Clearly it’s not me. Otherwise, he would've tried to go after me. But what other Saiyan is he talking about?"

Last edited:
Seeing this action, Brachi and Bara reacted swiftly, with Brachi erecting a powerful energy barrier to try and shield the part of the audience she was sitting at, with Bara expanding one of her hands to form a more solid goo shield to aid her, while Dielec, seeing this going on from within the stands, also acted by moving up to the announcer before erecting an electric barrier around them both as well as another section of the audience, intending to either repel, deflect or otherwise stall the incoming black daggers as best as they could. It was the least they could do to at least try to protect the audience in their own way, no matter their reputation where Brachi and Bara were concerned.

Victor smerks and says, "O thanks for absorbing that elemetal." Malugia got the since that he is unable to move for a time. This was in order to prevent Malugia from escaping what coming or prevent what going to happen next.

Despite what Malugia thinks victor is unaffected by Malugia's aura and summons a black orb that absorbs all of the evil rain and sends its holy equivalent and constated right back at Malugia’s. Victor says slightly disappointed tone "I was hoping to keep things at a power level that would not scare the children too much."

"I don't know where he's gone..." Bernkastel chose not to reveal Zenta's unusual demeanor lately as she knew it would invite more questions that she wasn't prepared to gauge a response to with her answers. She wondered if Zenta's omission of the boy's existence was intentional to protect Cuki from not only herself but anyone capable of weaponizing that to further torment her. The witch was well-accustomed to wordsmithing just the right level of emotional violence-- in hindsight she ought to commend Zenta for keeping that under wraps. Or maybe something else happened with this boy before they got here, she thought.

However, the crowd's outbursts during the match had started to die down around them, drawing her attention in plaintive confusion. Malugia had followed through with his threats and had begun attacking the audience directly. The stakes of the match had escalated, but Bernkastel found it to be somewhat of a nuisance since she didn't want to be in the crossfire. "Oh, bother. I'd like to go at least one day without worrying about being skewered. Well, if it keeps me on my toes..." The Witch reached into her sleeve before pulling out a pitch-black umbrella and holding it up-- it seemed to be made of the magic she uses to conjure her weapons, as the daggers would strike the umbrella and bounce off with a distinct noise.

"You ought to stay here if you don't want to end up looking like a hedgehog. If Zenta is your grandfather and you die... he will get very mad at me." She warned Asher sternly, though her expression softened a bit at the end.

Every second of silence with Asher next to her was excruciatingly uncomfortable, so Bernkastel took Spina's question as invitation to fill the air with anything else. "It was what the Red King called himself while we were fighting him-- oh, wait, you were... nevermind. Where I'm from, the Creator is the highest domain there is that makes Voyagers like me seem like insects. Infinite wisdom of what was and is to be-- we could ascend the longer we live and gain knowledge traveling Fragments but the price is that you become even more vulnerable to the toxin of boredom. If you have innumerble thoughts that you can't control because you let your mind wander on its own you may as well become dust. The Red King ascended his power when we fought him, but I don't think he could really handle all the information flooding in when it happened so many times."

"There has only ever been one Great Witch who reached the plane of Creator and returned alive; but she was never the same since. Maybe all Creator Gods that come here end up going mad and start seeking to destroy because creation is too boring for them. All the ones we run into seem so full of themselves. But what has him so riled up about Saiyans?"
====

Mooli watched agape at the things she and Daiman overheard Kaiba saying and doing. "He definitely did. What's he planning, sabotaging his own tournament just to capture everyone in it? Is he crazy?..." she went silent hearing him talk about the Breakers, eyes widening when he mentioned capturing Vegetto and looking for Gogeta next. That's...!

Mooli's expression hardened into a stern stare. "We have to stop him while he's far from the stadium. Everyone's in trouble if the Breakers get captured." She told Daiman in a low whisper. "I don't know how to do that though. Those goons of his give me the creeps, but even if I keep them distracted, how'll we get the stadium evacuated?"

============

Suddenly and without warning, Berserk's arm shot up from its limp position near her face, grasping as tight as she could muster onto Lucifer's pant leg. In an attempt to come closer or stand up, she could be heard wheezing profusely while the cold blood on the floor stuck to her clothes.

“Grandpa sulkin’ over mom? My energy is all over the place? What are you talking about, old man—"

Before Asher could finish his sentence, his attention quickly returned to Malugia and his next move. The youngster’s eyes widened as he saw the black daggers storm down on the audience. As some of the daggers rained down close to him, Spina, and Bernkastel, Asher pulled out his staff from behind his ear, it only being the size of a hair. It instantly grew on his command, and Asher deflected the incoming daggers. However, he listened to Bernkastel and stayed close. He rushed to her side, standing under her umbrella, and, too close for comfort.

“Grandpa would get mad? At you? Nah, he’s harmless and wouldn’t hurt a fly! ‘Sides, you’re a girl; Grandpa’s got a soft spot for girls.” Asher said, squirming closer to Bernkastel under her umbrella. “Why would Grandpa ever get mad at you?”

“The fighter I seek…”

Zenta said his words as a whisper, and he thought about Spina’s previous actions. Everything Spina did was not only full of mystery to him, but his decisions were becoming rasher. Lucifer was right, Spina was growing at a rate Zenta has never seen before. While he did not want to admit it, he was beginning to have an urge to fight Spina, should his power continue to grow.

Before the beast had a chance to reply, his attention shot to Berserk. While there was little he could do to help her in this situation, Zenta rose from his seat by the table and slowly made his way towards the girl. He stood right next to Lucifer and squatted down to get a closer look at Berserk, listening to her wheezing voice. Zenta noticed Berserk struggle to get up, yet, attempting to do so. He wanted her to succeed and push herself back to her feet. There was a small pause as Zenta eventually held his hand out to Berserk, hoping she would take it.

“Very well, I shall give Spina the time he needs to grow and fester into the fighter I seek… Perhaps then, I will be able to satisfy my… urge. If not, I will simply have to buy you roses and a fine wine in hopes that you may spar me, Lucifer Morningstar…

Zenta’s voice was low, almost matching the flirtatious manner in how Lucifer spoke to him.

“Until then, I will look forward to fighting Spina…”

Tournament Arena

“Shut the fuck up, kid. Your constant questioning is fucking annoying. Say one more thing, and I’ll kill you.” Spina focused on Bernkastel’s explanation on the concept of Creator Gods. After hearing it, Vegetto, Gogeta, Brachi and Bage appeared in his mind due to the usage of godly forms. Yet, none of them have any traits of what Bernkastel described. His thought then switched over to Gervene and Whis. They were Gods, but once again, they did not fall under that specific category.

Spina furrowed his eyebrows as the daggers continued to bounce off the umbrella. “A being that’s far more capable than Bernkastel back in her world. There was probably one from my world too…. A Creator God that exists as a single being…” Spina tightened his fists. “Just another mountain for you and me to climb.”

The old Saiyan saw a flash of light coming from the arena. “That old bastard isn’t down for the count.”

---

As large black daggers were being deflected by various spells across the stadium that managed to withstand Malugia’s terrible aura, the evil god pressed on.

“Even as I stand paralyzed, my power is far greater than anyone here. Surrender—” Malugia’s eyes widened upon seeing majority of the Rain of Evil absorbed by Victor. “What!?” As the attack then redirected, the evil god took the brute force of the blast that sent him flying back.

Tumbling over, Malugia struggled to stand on his feet due to taking heavy damage from the attack and exhausting his energy. “This body is not enough… I need his body. He has enough evil in his heart.” His eyes became pitch black with red dots for pupils. “Heh, I must say, that you aren’t just a fragile mortal…. Let’s see if you can deflect this!” Malugia pointed at Victor to strike where he stood but nothing happened. After a long delay, something came out of his fingers, but it was mere sparks. “Tch... fine. The strength of this body is more than enough.”

The announcer jumped over the arena and rushed over to Malugia. It seems that due to Malugia’s magic fading away, the announcer was able to open his mouth and speak again. “Stop right there! The fight is over!”

“Step aside, this battle isn’t over!” Malugia noticed that the announcer was pointing at the ground. The evil god looked down and realized that he was out-of-bounds.

The announcer pointed to Victor and shouted. “By ring out, Victor is thereby the winner of this match! And you lose!”

“Lose…? Lose….?!” Malugia was in disbelief. “What do you mean, lose!?” He fell on his knees, but his expression was furious. Once again, the atmosphere changed around him as his fingers dug into the ground. “I’m not going to accept this defeat!”

Gambling Room

Instantly, everyone turns to Chance who held a grim expression. His eyes diluted and he was sweating profusely. His body started to twitch and shiver as he backed away from the window. No words needed to be said. Chance, who bet everyone on this battle, had lost against Coella in an unpredictable and impossible upset. He placed his hand over his mouth due to feeling the urge to vomit. “Sh-sh-sh-shit!!!”

====

Tournament Plaza

Daiman did not have any ideas when Mooli pressed him for solutions. How can they evacuate the stadium if everyone is focused on the battle? How would they even believe them without any evidence? He grabbed his head and tried to think of anything, but nothing came up. “Ahhh, I hate this! I’m just not good at this kind of thing… I drew a blank!” He paused for a second. “This is my punishment for being so worthless! Maybe that’s why I’m the only survivor of my world that made it here? For being useless?!” He looked at Mooli’s determined expression. Last thing he wanted was to let someone down.

“Do not stress yourself. Otherwise, you’ll end up making some bad decisions.”

“Yeah, you’re right. I just need to calm myself and we can stop him. Thank you Mooli—” Daiman’s eyes narrowed, realizing that was a male voice that spoke. He looked up, seeing Kaiba and his men standing in front of them.

“Poking your nose into someone’s business is bad you know.” Seto Kaiba smirks. “Don’t make any sudden moves or else…” Kaiba pulled two blank cards from his deck.

=====

Tournament Plaza – Shopping

Lucifer held a genuine smile when Zenta reaffirmed his desire to battle him. “I am very expensive, my dear. A bottle of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Grand Cru 1945 and bed of Kadupul Flower, if you managed to keep it alive after a few hours. Then, I might reconsider… if you managed to survive that is…”

As Berserk grabbed the angel’s leg, Lucifer smacked Zenta’s away. “No, no. Let her stand on her own.” His eyes gazed upon the newly formed tattoos that surrounded her body. He was amazed that she was compatible with the Magatama. Demonic aura flourished in her a great deal; it was practically overwhelming. “Magnificent.” He praised. “To think that you not only survived the process, but you also went ahead and became a great fiend. To think to be reborn in this world was possible…”

Spreading out his wings, Lucifer stood up with a pleased face. Blushing at the sight that Berserk became, he spoke out in a ceremonial way: “Death falls, life rises. Rebirth anew and begin your new journey. Rise, Berserk. Your title will now be Demi-Berserk. Half-fiend, half Artificial being. Your unique physique and powers in conjunction with demonic power, you will no doubt will leave a mark on this world. I, Lucifer Morningstar, the symbol of pride, bestowed you that gift. Take to the world of your reason.” After ending it, Lucifer asks Berserk one last question. His eyes were wide, cold and judgmental. “What is your reason?”

A brown orb slips out of Malugia's back. The brown orb and the Searif were unsummoned.

Victor says in a good nature old man way "It was a good match for some of your age Malugia. I would say this that you should befreed your host in order to grow as a sapient cursed idiom." He unsummons the black orb. Victor seems to give off a since that he can keep fighting as he starts to leave. Victor thinks "With the way the vertex is its better if the little girl has that cursed idiom for her protection than this old man having another summon on Malugia's level."

Brachi, Bara and Dielec respectively powered down their energy shields and whatever they could to protect the audience, now that Victor was declared winner due to Malugia being out of bounds. Still, Brachi kept her guard up to observe Malugia's next move, ready to step in when needed.

Gambling room

"And there you have it!! Victor is... well the victor!" Coella giggled as she pressed her head against the window next to Chance. "Looks like Mr. Creator god wasn't as omnipotent as you claimed. I can't say I'm surprised, but it's always so fun watching the odds turn in my favor!"

The witch stepped back from the window, landing in her chair and conjuring up some confetti that came poofing out around her to celebrate another of her wins. Seeing Chance's expression, her excitement turned to fake concern. "Feeling faint, my dear? Why don't you go wash your face off and have a seat, it's all fun were having isn't it? Dont take it so seriously."

Coella stated as she patted Chance's cheek. Her smile was sweet and unnerving at the same time, but quickly turned back into her carefree self as she turned to Oliver.

"Oh dear, though, I must have cleaned the house of all their funds again!"

"That you have, Ms. Coella." Oliver nodded.

"Oh well! I'm sure little Kaiba will be thrilled to know that I've won again!" The witch laughed to herself. "Let's party 'til the end of the tournament everyone!!"

Coella and the rest of the gamblers who had bet with her cheered, knowing that when the witch had taken all of the house's funds, it was a free, non stop party until the end of the entire tournament all paid with the money she just won.

Tournament Arena

“Too bad! You joined the tournament knowing the rules. You don’t throw a tantrum!” The announcer scolded Malugia as he faced the rest of the audience. Knowing that the battle was little more intense than usual, he wanted to calm the worries. “Now, Stacey normally would do this to calm everyone down…” He took a deep breath.

“Sorry for the scare, everyone! That was quite terrifying! But we did get a good match against this supposed creator god!” The announcer turned a rather event that could’ve ended horribly into a positive one. “We get sore losers sometimes, but we won’t like that happen!”

The announcer turns to Victor. “You may return to the room. Once everyone finished their battle, we will assign new opponent for the finale—”

There was a sudden chill on the announcer’s back. The temperature around him became cold; he was able to see his own breath. “Huh…?”

---

Spina narrowed his eyes. He grabbed the top of Bernkastel’s head and didn’t say anything else.

---

“Growth…?” Malugia smiles while his tone darkens. “Don’t be pretentious. Your little victory against this current state of mines will do you no favors.” He stood up. “Release.”

The body that Malugia had taken over disappears into nothingness, turning into particles and leaving behind the evil god’s hat. In seconds, various “evil auras” from the audience, no matter how small or large, were being absorbed into a singular point under the hat of Malugia. Clumping together, they formed a round body. Some people in the audience collapsed right away as their aura was taken away from it whether they wanted it or not.

Turles came out of the Room, nearly exhausted. “Wh-what the hell is going on? My body feels light…?” The Saiyan noticed that Omegamon could barely stand on his own either.

---

Gambling Room

While Coella and the others celebrated, Chance remained silent about the ordeal. The utter embarrassment was too much for him. He thought about just simply running away and crawl under the deepest hole he could find. But after Malugia’s sudden action, he grabbed his chest tightly and passed out.

----

Twisted eyes and sinister sharp teeth appeared on the body; floating hands orbited around it. Wearing a brilliant white cap attached to a medallion that hangs in the front, Malugia had appeared in his true form.

Despite his simple appearance, his devastating aura was far greater than he held in his host. “Gravity”, Malugia said his first words after taking on his true form. Instantaneously the entire stadium collapsed from immersive pressure, including Victor, the announcer, Omegamon, Dielec and Turles. The gravity was so heavy, they were unable to utter words or move—they were completely and utterly immobilized in every way—their strengths and powers became non-factors.

--

Spina felt the pressure weighing down against his body. He turned to see Brachi, Bara and Cayde pinned down. The old Saiyan struggled to keep his body up, along with holding Bernkastel steady. Yet, despite his efforts, both the Saiyan and the Witch collapsed to the ground face-first. “The power of a Creator God?” He uttered under his grunts.

--

“The sheer difference in powers between I and all of you is all the explanation needed.” Malugia was no longer amused. His twisted eyes turned to the Breakers pinned down. “Vegetto still hadn’t shown. If he won’t appear, then I’ll smashed everything until he does.”

Back
Top Bottom