The Reality Vortex: Shadow Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malugia then would feel his hand being grabbed before he can do anything. It was Brachi, whom had a tight grip on his wrist and had a stern look on her face.

"You're not going to ANYTHING about this, fool!" She said simply, while Bara and Dielec were at her side right away, standing between Malugia and Daiman to protect the latter.

“I don’t need to get stronger. I am the pinnacle of omnipotence—there is no greater power than that. This girl is nothing but a vessel! But worry not, I’ll get to you after I finished that pathetic boy off—” Malugia cringed in pain when the energy at his fingertips vanished. He looks up, seeing Brachi staring him down.

“Get your filthy hands off me, you damned beast. I’ll stain this restaurant with your organs—” Malugia attempted to break away from Brachi, but her gripe was too strong. “I-I said unhand me… you... damn…” He was struggling as hard as he could to break away, only to fail. “Let. Me. Go!”

Daiman took a step away, seeing that Brachi had prevent him from doing anything. “T-thank you…” He said in a low tone. “

Brachi's grip got even tighter in response, but she did hear Daiman's words of gratitude and nodded in acknowledgement of it.

"I said. You. Will. NOT. do. ANYTHING! Not to Daiman, nor myself. Get out before I have Bara turn you into something more docile!" Brachi sternly said, while Bara had her headtentacle at the ready.

"I knew there was a reason why I liked you so much, Clark. The mark of a great man is his vast love for noodles."

Cayde helped himself as well, immediately seizing a bowl of spicy ramen. His fingers deftly wielded chopsticks to consume the food, a careful choice for the aesthetics. The android perked his head, however, as the scene with Malugia unfolded. Walking over to Brachi, Bara and Malugia, Cayde stood silently right next to the three. His own posture was that of a man sure of himself, but his random presence alone created an awkward vibe while he simply stood watching on.

His mechanical eyes peered down at Malugia, a sort of empty curiosity in his eyes to see what the evil god would do while he loudly and barbarically slurped on his noodles; droplets of the spicy broth even flicking out and landing on Malugia as if Cayde were simply enjoying his meal in front of a television show.

Vegetto had perked his eyebrows, Malugia's statement of his plan reminding the Potara fusion that the evil god was still after his body. Yet as he watched Brachi and Bara step in to protect Daiman, as well as Cayde seemingly just being present, Vegetto turned on his heel and walked away, disinterested since the evil god was contained.

He turned his head up towards Mooli and Clark, walking back over to the woman while she ate in the new restaurant. His dual voice was firm, as if he felt like he completed his task despite Mooli having clearly stated he needed to be nice for an entire week.

"There, I've done it. Tell me who you are now, and how you got that form."

"Definitely! Maybe we'll get even more contestants 'cause of today once word gets around," Mooli replied before getting even giddier over Daiman's wish. "A whole restaurant of food!? YAHOO!! The perfect choice at the end of a long day! I can eat all the fancy food I want instead of instant ramen~ there's so much I don't even know where to start! Thanks for the meal, buddy!" Mooli started for the dinner table seeing that Brachi had a handle on the Malugia situation. "La di da, let's start with some appetizers...~" immediately loading up her plate with several large steamed pork buns, halfway into one and casually glancing up at the fusion when he skulked back over to the table she was sharing with Clark.

"Hmmmmm... Nyope, I don't think so~" Mooli drawled her vowels like a lazy cat in contrast to Vegetto's assertive order, completely unfazed by his lack of compliance. If what she said was true about their relationship consisting of a higher authority and an underling, she clearly wasn't letting it dictate anything and he certainly wasn't going to obey her to the letter. "How are you so sure the situation's resolved itself? Appearances can be real deceiving, you know. He might be playing around waiting for you to lower your guard just to pull a dirty move like--" without warning or interruption to her sentence, Mooli swiftly stuck out her right leg from under the table and hooked it around the back of Vegetto's by the Achilles for an immediate leg sweep to knock him off balance. If he didn't react fast enough he would likely hit his head on the table. "This?"

=====

Bernkastel nodded in agreement with Zenta. "That seems like the best plan for now." She wasn't sure how they could possibly explain everything that happened-- there was still a rather cryptic element to Cuki's situation that they found hard to grasp. Once Asher came near them, turned toward the food that was conjured up but it seemed Spina wasn't interested in being near everyone clustered together. She figured she'll check up on him later once the ruckus settled down. She didn't want to push him into socializing, especially when she wasn't very good at it herself.

"So, did you have fun? It's not every day I see someone looking happy after being around us for a while."
=====

"Huh, depart? Well, sure, but where're we going?" Berserk asked though she was making a pose like she was about to join Brachi in on beating Malugia up. "We just got here after all..." she seemed to think Lucifer was referring to the group as a whole.

"WOW! what an unexpected outcome! Narrowly defeated by a Breaker was certainly not on my bingo card!" Coella showed genuine surprise as the tournament came to an end, and she was not the winner! She pondered Lucifer's question to her. Could it be that she had found a group who was also favored by her lady luck? She gave a giddy smile at the possibility, giving her a chance she felt she couldn't pass up.

The witch was barely paying attention as the situation with Malugia unfolded, but at the mention of Damian's food wish she lit up! She was absolutely starving after such an exciting tournament. She wasted no time helping herself to whatever she liked. Her head turned to Lucifer, a dumpling already in her mouth as he congratulated her on becoming the new president of the tournament stadium.

"Oh right! That was the reward for beating Kaiba kid, wasn't it!" She chewed the bite of dumpling in her mouth before swallowing. Her ears lowered slightly in disappointment. "Aw but it'll be no fun gambling if I already own the stadium."

Coella went silent for a moment, thinking rather deeply to see if there was a way she could get out of this. Perhaps she could place Oliver in charge of all that presidential junk. The Witch's ears twitched slightly at hearing Lucifer mentioning departing. She listened carefully as she continued eating the delicious meal in front of her.

“C’mon, Vegetto! The young maiden clearly said that you must keep that up for a week. Just try it out! Its good for the soul.” Clark said as he devoured the crunchy noodles, slurping it up within seconds. He blinked when Mooli wiped at the Potara’s leg. “W-whoa, careful! The noodles will go everywhere!” The Kryptonian was lost in the paradise of delicious food.

----

Malugia winced when specks of juices from Cayde’s bowl landed on his face. He turned to the machine, practically speechless of what just inspired. It was one thing that someone dared to touch him, but to causally spray food on his face was another lay of disrespect.

He wanted to lash out, but seeing everyone ignored him, including Vegetto who could care less about his overall intentions solidified that it was futile. Instead, pure embarrassment from the humiliation he received since the tournament ended clouded his mind. Everyone had little to no interest about his status of “omnipotence”. They were more concerned about the food from Daiman’s wish. Daiman no longer shown nervous around him, and the boy went to Vegetto, Mooli and Clark to have a sit on the table.

His face turning red, Malugia tugged his arm until he managed to break away from Brachi’s grasp. Her strong grip left a stinging red mark on his wrist. “Damn it…” He ran off towards the exit. He stopped and turned to the rest. “You will regret this! Once the war begins, we won’t show any mercy!” He warned before leaving the newly formed restaurant.

----

“No, no. Just you, Berserk. You and I will be departing from this group. Now that I see the full capabilities of the Breakers, this grants me insight of my next tasks to secure their development. However, that cannot be done if I’m here with them; my departure is necessary for this to work.” Lucifer pointed his finger at Berserk’s tattoos. “While you did wonders adjusting to the complexities of becoming a fiend, you still need proper guidance and training. That cannot happen if I’m not here to do so. You will have to come along with me to ensure that you tap to the fullest potential of your new powers.”

===============

Once outside, Malugia spotted Spina walking. “Huh? Is that man… wait… What is this pressure?” The Evil God sense a “semblance” of darkness in the man. It wasn’t “toxic” that was presence in Vegetto, but to the god, it was good enough. “I’ll just take over his body then. Don’t know why I didn’t sense it earlier, but who cares.”

Just Malugia got closed, he ran into Spina when the latter stopped all the sudden. “Ouch…” He looked up, seeing Spina’s face, which disturbed him. “…?!”

“Don’t even try. I’ll kill you now.” Spina threatened by raising his arm at the evil god and gathered energy.

“Huh?! Teleport!” Malugia vanished quickly before Spina could fire the blast.

“Hmph…” Spina lowered his arm and started walking again. Before he could go far, he noticed Turles standing near one of the shopping tents. The Pirate was picking out some products since they were abandoned after everyone turned into cards.

“Not a people person, huh? Spina, right?” Turles crossed his arms with a smirk. “You’re an interesting guy, you know? The way you battle was different from the Saiyans I’ve known back in my world.”

“What of it? What do you want.” Spina asked. His emotions were dull, uninterested in hearing what he had to say.

“I need someone like that to join my group. This place is a huge place, and great for pickings.” Turles turned to Spina. “There’s an area far away that I need…” He stopped himself. “Never mind that, join my group. I’m sure you will find things a little bit more entertaining then the group you’re with now. Like, that Vegetto right? Talk about a walking ego. Don’t know how you stand it being his lackey—”

“I’m no one’s lackey.” Spina quickly retorted.

“Yeah, yeah, but you get what I mean, right? Drop them and join me. Together, we’ll make a damn good team, you know? Just us doing whatever the hell we want in this place sounds like a good damn dream. Plus, you can get to fight strong guys around here. I see that blue popsicle stringing you along. I’m sure you can do better than that! Hell, the place I’m going after this has this one chick. She’s damn strong and maybe you can hit it off—”

“Not interested. Now begone.” Spina walked past him, no longer caring for the conversation.

“…Tch.” Turles let out an annoyed grunt. “At least consider it! I’m always open once you changed your mind!”

Victor thinks as he to eats as well with the group "I guess this old man can enjoy a free meal on these kids' dime."

Victor thinks "where do I go next? Joining these kids for the time being, it would be a good excuse to work on my lower end summons odds are fate will regulate me to mealy being a restively stronger summoner. That is if they will take a geezer like me"

“I totally had fun! This tournament was filled with tons of strong people, tons of new rivals for me to beat! Did ‘ja see Grandpa? He was all, like, whoosh, swish! But hey, you and your friend make a killer team. I bet you two have a ton of experience together, huh?”

Asher pointed at Spina, already excited to have a spar with him one day.

“He seems totally strong, but you’re no pushover either. I may not understand magic all too well, but you make it look so graceful and easy! Someone as young as you is totally full of potential!”

Asher then pointed at Vegetto as he took a seat in front of his plate: a bowl full of fruits and vegetables, all cut into cubes and dressed deliciously.

“And that guy is cool too. His hair was, like, the best part. Mom must’ve loved you guys for sure!”

Zenta listened silently to Asher’s talk with Bernkastel. It was harmless enough, and he knew how bright and outspoken his grandson is. For now, he would keep Cuki’s mental state on the low, mostly to not make Asher worry.

The fox stood next to Bernkastel, his attention glancing towards the plate of food before him. It was a plate of white rice and a slab of raw meat. Zenta cleared his throat, pushing the plate to the side.

"Grisly..."

Avalon’s ears perked up as he heard Lucifer saying he was going to depart with Berserk. He tilted his head and approached Berserk. It finally dawned on him that Berserk had gotten strange tattoos now that she got a good look at her. He was fond of Berserk, and, in a way, he almost felt like a big brother.

When did Berserk get these tattoos? That’s weird… She didn’t have them before. How long was I a card…?

“Depart? Hold on, you’re just taking Berserk?” Avalon turned to Berserk, his face showing some concern for the Powerpunk. In a way, he seemed sad. “Do you think it’s a good idea to just… leave with Lucifer? He’s not exactly, well… the one to lend a fighting hand y’know.”

Vegetto's scowl intensified at the denial, mostly at himself as he slowly began to remember the conditions as soon as Mooli said no. He knew he couldn't lash out as he wanted to, not against someone significantly stronger in his mind. So his arrogant mind resorted to the next tactic he could; his attention was taken off her immediately and Vegetto began to tune her out as she was speaking. He glanced over to Clark, however, and listened to a friend he held in high esteem. He let out a frustrated sigh, nodding his head at Clark once.

"Yeah I know...I just forgAHHATT"

The yelp midword preceded Vegetto throwing up his arm; the leg swipe successfully throwing the Potara fusion off balance as he stumbled and nearly crashed down onto the main table; threatening to spill the food as severely as Clark worried. However, he only fell about half way, a strong grip on the back of his gi and pulling him back up to his feet.

"Easy there, sport."

Cayde mused to himself in letting Vegetto go with his one free arm, the other still holding his bowl of spicy ramen. The android had sauntered over without much word after Malugia had left, having helped Vegetto up from crashing into the table. Cayde walked over and plopped himself back down into the seat next to Mooli, his mechanical eyes looking up expectantly.

"Well? You know...it'd be nice to hear a thank you for the save."

He lightly elbowed Mooli on the arm, a big grin on his face as he gestured over to Vegetto.

"Don't you think, new best buddy? I think if he really wanted to try being a nicer person like you asked him to...he should say thank you to those that help him out. It's the little things that count, right?"

Cayde didn't wait for a reply, promptly waving his hand towards Asher at the comments made about Vegetto with a wide grin.

"Oh watch this though, this is the really cool part about him!"

Vegetto's right eyebrow twitched, but he only stood silent in his seething while he watched Cayde relax back into his seat smugly. The actual act of thanking Cayde had not originally enraged Vegetto or his pride, but the consistent teasing and goading only served to prickle the Potara fusion's pride. However, Vegetto let out a deep sigh, turning his eyes to the side while he spoke plain and flatly.

"Thank you...Cayde...for catching me."

Cayde threw up his arms with a celebratory cry, clapping his hands together a couple of times at the response. He then immediately leaned over to Mooli with a wide smile.

"Kid, you're the best thing that's happened here in a long time. If you need anything...and I mean anything...I'm your guy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom