The Reality Vortex: Shadow Games

"See, that's something a normal and reasonable person would do." Mooli spoke up after Brachi and Bara while she chomped on hot dogs-- "But you guys're the Breakers, after all-- magnets for trouble are bound to attract some crazy types. Normal people problems don't suit you. Still, I kinda like this setup. Nobody had to wait all day to get their turn, you just get thrown in and it's a pretty sweet free for all. I ain't in the business industry but compared to the old school tournaments it might be a major crowd-pleaser. I could see myself entering the next one if he tweaks it and decides not to kidnap everyone again." Mooli was seemingly jolly about it despite being vehemently against Kaiba's wishes. "I lost in the end, but... it seems like some good things came out of it anyhow. I got to make a new friend, pulled off a sick combo with the Breakers on a crazy-strong demon guy, and then some-- bumping into him (Vegetto) here of all places. All in all, a good day in my book." She smiled watching Zenta interact with Asher in such a contrast to his demeanor inside the arena. She was sure he would've knocked the little blue Witch-girl right out of bounds in one hit-- he was scary when he wanted to be, but he didn't seem so bad. Wonder why he's hanging with this bunch? He doesn't really blend in with the rest of 'em.

"Come to think of it, I didn't know Vegetto had friends here. At least, you don't look like you're from our world. M'name's Mooli!" She extended a hand out to Cayde for a handshake with a jovial close-lipped smile since she was still eating.
===========

Bernkastel held her stomach as she flew towards the ground from the impact of the punch, wincing one eye closed while holding her head to her shoulder. "Ouch... I don't like punches very much."

Seems like I can't sense him at all when he uses it. But if I use mine in anticipation, I'm just going to swing blindly at possibly nothing. Will it work better to use Clear Mind as a reaction to his action? It's risky.

"What a charmer, saying things like that. Guess that's why you're getting popular these days," she mused while flecks of blood rained down, mixing in with the remnants of water from Spina's attack and splattering across her face, staining the white streaks in her hair to a diluted crimson. "Pulling out one of your fancier transformations I see. I never did find myself impressed by them, but maybe you'll change my mind. Forever is a bold statement to make even for a Saiyan-- so I'll be the judge of that!"

Bernkastel crossed her arms further over, a flash of black across the area before several thin white lines appeared within a fraction of that moment. They disappeared when the flash faded, but in its place, was a sharp and cold cutting force that sliced Spina's water-gauntlets in half. A gust of wind burst out from them and scattered the masses of water into harsh pelting droplets that made the arena look like a moonsoon was taking place within it. Due to Spina's distance being further behind than the fists, he was only grazed by 'it' but there appeared assorted red lines slicing along his upper body.

Bernkastel was flying straight at Spina from below, soaked to the bone from the rain battering at her directly, but one arm was preparing to swing a black scythe nearly twice her height. Her gleeful expression looked menacing but there was no sense of malice from the Witch. Her features held childlike excitement contrasted by the blood splatter. It was a scythe and its cutting damage versus a spear's piercing ability.

"Just like a game of Chicken, let's see who ducks first!" Bern shouted as she swing the scythe at his right arm.

Seriously, these guys are on a totally different level than I thought, Berserk watched the match continue while sweating anxiously. I don't really get how I'm still in the game but maybe some weird rule trickery is in effect? Do I have a card left that's somehow in play still? Either way, those two definitely weren't in my deck. I gain nothing from using a status effect on either one, so it's best I just let them duke it out. This is the first time I get to see Bernie fight on her own. Last time she got her butt whooped bad by Ultra-Man but could she actually outlast Grandpa? There's no way, but I'm really compelled to find out who'll win...

Brachi sighed as she and Bara dusted themselves off, right as Dielec came to them.

"Hey, have you thought to hold a tournament again for us lot back home?" she asked.

"We really should hold one back on Lunei once we've resolved this entire mess," Brachi said, "it's been some time since I've last tested myself against the likes of Rabi, Kiwan and Iraku for one, as well as Seina; I know those four Saiyans have been training quite hard before this whole thing started..."

Tch…! Her reaction is astounding fast. Is this even magic? How is she operating at a level that even Clark struggles with?” Spina pushed on despite the assortment of slashes against his upper torso. Yet, the old Saiyan smiles with glee; the wounds were regenerating at a rapid pace, but instead of truly healing to their original condition, mere red crystal-like skin replaces it.

In that moment, everything and everyone seemingly vanished from Spina’s perspective, and both were alone in an empty field. The visualization between them felt like a dance of two people attempting to match each other’s movements. When the droplets of water showered him, it felt like magic soaking his spine as Bernkastel swung her scythe in response to his spear-like blade.

In that moment before their clash, Spina’s eyes widened in both excitement and dread. Vivid memories of everyone he had encountered; none he felt he had a connection. None, he felt, could understand his fractured, feeble mind. A sense of belonging was alien to him. With Bernkastel, the fiery passion of someone who understands his turmoil was within his sights. Briefly, Bernkastel was replaced by another figure, Kai. The sense of dread encroaching in his heart that she might be just another person to take advantage of.

Yet, Kai shattered when Bernkastel’s excitement was shown on her face as she swung her scythe. Spina smirks as he launched his blade forward. His aura flourishes, trailing behind him like a raging river. A red glow radiated across his entire body, indicating he’s giving his all. “I won’t dodge! I want to see your eyes matching my eyes!! Ha!”

---

“Imagination.”

---

Just mere inches before their blades clashed, Spina narrowed his eyes as he heard a word, albeit soft-spoken. “What?”

In the middle of Bernkastel and Spina’s clash, Daiman appeared with a stern expression. His eyes were dull, but serious despite the gaping hole in the middle of his chest. After taking a deep breath, the young man shouted for everyone to hear. “BACKFIRE”.

Despite the attacks being just mere centimeters away, a replica of Bernkastel’s scythe and Spina’s spear-like blade materialized out of Daiman. Without wasting any time, it collided with Bernkastel and Spina, stopping both of their attacks and practically nullified them. Instantly, the replica blades struck the two—the culmination of its power is based upon all the damage taken throughout the duration of the tournament. It was certainly enough power, especially to an unsuspecting opponent, to force them back and out of the arena.

Majority of the people on the Bleachers were awe. Lucifer was shocked by the sudden appearance of Daiman on the battlefield. “That explains why Berserk is still in the game…. But I could’ve sworn he was knocked out of the tournament.”

“What the heck? Did anyone not notice that little punk was in the game? Didn’t the announcer issue his elimination?!” Turles protest.

Spina and Bernkastel appeared above the bleachers and landed on top of Brachi. “Aahh…” Spina cringed in pain, flabbergasted of what just happened. “The hell…?”

Spina and Bernkastel are eliminated. The last one standing is Daiman! Thereby, he is the winner of this Shadow Game! Berserk, you are the winner of this tournament as well!

Daiman slowly raised his head towards the dark sky. “I’ve… won.”

Coella was eliminated and the Shadow Game had reached its conclusion. An incredible upset. Kaiba was not having it. Clenching his fists, he pointed at the humanoid monster with anger in his voice. “No, NO!” He shouted. “I demand a damn rematch! This was rigged since the very damn beginning!” He pointed his finger towards the bleachers, mainly Lucifer. “He hijacked the game!” Then his finger moved to Coella. “And it was her damn luck! No one could’ve expected the Breakers to be here of all places…! And another thing—”

“My apologies sir, but I cannot override the rules set by the one called Lucifer. With that, the Shadow Game is over and Berserk and Daiman are the winner.” One of Seto’s humanoid monsters said.

“No damnit! Listen to me— “

“Thank you for your participation.” The humanoid monster clapped his hands together. Everything in this strange “world” was engulfed in a strange, white light.

Beach City – Tournament

After a moment, the light dispersed, and everyone was back in the actual tournament arena ring in Beach City. The skies were as blue as well I contrast to the purplish, gloomy atmosphere. All the participants appeared in the arena ring, with Daiman and Berserk in the middle to showcase that they were the winners of the tournament.

Daiman’s eyes returned. “Oh… uh...” He was confused. “Berserk, we’ve won?”

Dusting himself off, Lucifer let out a small laugh. “Oh my, was Daiman in the game all this time? I couldn’t sense him…” Lucifer was genuinely confused. He was sure that the young man was gone after shifting all the Breakers’ pain onto him. “Is it luck that none could’ve sense him?” He eyed Coella before turning to both Berserk and Daiman. “Congratulations you two, you have successfully won the tournament!” Lucifer started to applaud their achievement.

“Man…” Clark’s voice was still strained. “I didn’t expect … this! I couldn’t even see him. Was he hiding or we just didn’t notice his presence?” He participated in applauding Daiman and Berserk. “Good jobs you guys!”

“As long it’s not Kaiba, I’m fine with whatever. Good fight everyone.” Vortex-Man crossed his arms. “I managed to copy two abilities from Lucifer and Victor, so it’s not a total loss.”

“Good fight?” Mr. Sound nearly puke in his mouth. “How’s the hell is that a good fight? Most of us didn’t even do anything!” He repeated his complaint once more.

“YEAH!” Roya jumped in. “I got knocked away out of nowhere! How’s the hell is that fair in any capacity, HUH?!”

------

In the meanwhile, Seto Kaiba was at the edge of the arena ring, completely baffled that he lost. He was squirming away as he set up more of his cards. “This is…” He couldn’t finish his sentence. “Screw this, I’ll try this again. This time, I won’t let Lucifer get away with it! No one sets up anyone other than me!”

Last edited:
Victor says to Kaiba "congrats this was your first encounters with what most call the plot." Victor released an aura that indicated that he could beat everyone hear quite easily but just as quickly people sensed it vanished. Victor thinks "I wonder how long it will take for whatever law enforcement will take to pop up?"

Victor says as he dismissed the flowers "I have to agree with Vortex-man." Victor thinks "at least the flowers got something out this madness. All the abilities it harvests will at one point hopefully be useful." He drinks a soda that one the Imps brought him.

Vegetto's eyes widened, shocked at the display of Bernkastel and Spina both nullified in their clash. He blinked and as soon as it began, the sky had reverted to blue with the clear winners declared before them in the arena. He stared down, studying Daiman while the others sang congratulations and praise for the winners, or complained about their losses.

How did that kid do that?

In the dark atmosphere, Cayde's orange eyes illuminated the outstretched hand that he stared down at for a moment. He lifted his pupils, the mechanical eyes scanning Mooli with a serious, cautious stare. Unsure of whether to call her friend or enemy, Cayde sat silently for an awkward moment at her gesture.

Yet once the sky reverted to its usual blue hue in Beach City, Cayde's expression lit up and his hand grasped tightly onto Mooli's in a firm handshake.

"They call me Cayde..sometimes. Nice to meet you too, hot dog."

He paused briefly, leaning a bit back into his seat.

"So you're from Vegetto's world, huh? You gotta tell us what it was like there...was he as moody at home as he was her-"

Cayde coughed at the impact of an arm pressing him to the side, cut off from his question as Vegetto pushed by him through the stands until the Potara fusion was looming over Mooli. Whatever fascination Vegetto had with Daiman's display in victory had passed; Vegetto glared down towards Mooli with a stern tone in his dual voice.

"Who are you, and how do you have that transformation?"

Cayde waved his hands up, dismissively shooing at Vegetto despite the serious tone the Saiyan spoke with.

"Hey hey, easy...you're gonna pull something being all wound up like that. Just let the gal enjoy her lunch first, will ya?"

Avalon’s head perked up upon hearing that Berserk won. He felt a wave of relief that at least Kaiba did not win. He struggled to move up to his feet, but he forced himself, nonetheless. Despite his injuries, he smiled, clapping for Berserk. Typical to his ‘older brother’ nature, he slowly approached Berserk to give her hair a ruffle.

“Nice job, Berserk. Guess you’re not such a knucklehead after all, huh?” Avalon joked. “But hey, you got a whole wish to yourself!”

Asher’s eyes widened with glee and awe as he stared at Daiman and Berserk. The fact that they were the last two standing made him strive to get better. The youngster pumped a fist into the air, cheering and jumping in delight for the winners of the tournament. He showed no hard feelings for losing, enjoying every moment of the tournament.

Right behind him was Zenta, whose two tails were wagging with joy, a rare sight indeed. He clapped softly, a small smile spreading across his face. Even Zenta did not sense Daiman. Perhaps he simply wasn’t looking hard enough or did not care enough. Still, the incredible twist that Daiman pulled impressed even him.

“Impressive. I swear I did not see that man…” Zenta said with a smile.

“I know! I didn’t see him anywhere, Grandpa! Do you think he’s got this super awesome ability that hides him from everyone? Do you think he’s secretly a super powerful guy? I can’t wait to spar him some day!”

“Perhaps he simply hides his presence well… or we were just too preoccupied to pay any attention to him. He does have a rather… soft voice.”

Zenta then turned his attention away from Daiman and he glanced towards Bernkastel. A warm smile formed on his lips as he casually walked over to the Witch. In turn, he noticed Spina and Brachi, all three of them piled on each other. The beast let out a soft chuckle before moving to the three and lifting Bernkastel up by the back of her dress. He did the same to Spina, so they were both off of Brachi.

He placed Spina on the ground, but kept his hold on Bernkastel, keeping her suspended in the air.

“Are you three alright?”

Brachi grunted as Spina and Bernkastel landed on top of her, but she got up and dusted herself off.

"I'm okay; I'm tougher than I look." She said, though she smiled as Bara promptly hugged her, giving the Majin a headpat for that.

Bernkastel's eyes widened in anticipation of their weapons finally clashing, grinning practically ear-to-ear as she cackled. "Not flinching from my blade? You're a brave one!!" She could feel her heart banging against her sternum, the blood pumping in her body feverishly warm like it was preparing to be shocked frozen by the waterfall of a blast propelling towards her. Although the witch hadn't used Clear Mind to close in, time dragged on infinitesimally slowly while the gap between the two was closing up. Just like Spina, she was in her own little world with only him in sight.

Then Spina broke her trance, making her look away from him to the source of the quiet noise between them. "Who--?" Before Bernkastel finished her question, her visage of Spina was completely blocked by a black scythe appearing right before her eyes, from the stranger that had somehow gotten between them at the very last split-second. Her delight quickly morphed into shock, frozen by the sudden high-damage impact that one blow inflicted on her and sending her out to the bleachers down below. "What.... the....?"

Berserk gawked at the announcement in disbelief -- like everyone else, she was sure he was eliminated. She saw it with her own eyes! How was it possible he just laid low until the very last second. She couldn't help but laugh, running a hand through her wild red hair as she approached Daiman while the arena reverted to pristine conditions.

"I-- you-- wow, I- I don't believe it! You actually won, little dude!!! How did you even DO that!? To think you'd be the one to win by beating Grandpa and Bernie in one go! Not even Ultra-Man beat her that quickly." She turned when she felt someone ruffling her hair, looking up at Avalon with a sheepish melancholic smile.
"Aw, I can't take that much credit. I was down nearly half my team before I could get any leeway in as a player. Zenny got you good, and I couldn't do anything to help get you out of there... Daiman's the real winner, I just got lucky here and there being bossy. Oh, yeah! The prize!" One of Berserk's ribbons lashed into the air and grasped one of Kaiba's wrists as she turned with a deviant smirk on her face.

"Hey hey hey. Where do you think you're going, nerd-lord? Me and Daiman haven't made any wishes yet!"

"Sore, but not dead. Ugh, just what happened?" Bernkastel groaned a bit as she dangled like a cat picked up by the scruff of its neck. "How did he just show up like that? It's not fair... right when things were getting good." She sulked to herself, but she knew it served her right to be denied it after snatching that opportunity away from someone else. I shouldn't have overlooked something like that, but it doesn't make sense for him to not be eliminated... still, that's a terrifying power. I have to get better. The witch looked over at Spina, his odd new scarring on his body, noticing that during the battle, his excited expression held something else in it -- was it fear? Anxiety? She couldn't tell. Did I get too excited and overdo it? I didn't get to look deep enough.

"Still, that was the most fun I've had in a while, Spina. It excited me... I'm happy we found a way to speak to each other... and get a glimpse of the real you. I'm happy I could see joy on your face for the first time. It was a wonderful warm-up. You'll dance with me again soon, won't you? All you have to do is reach out, and I'll answer in our special place. As your rival, nobody else should look you in the eyes like that but me." She giggled deviously. "Otherwise our rivalry will lose its meaning, and cats don't like to share."
============
Mooli left the other half of her remaining hot dog in her mouth to clap for Daiman and Berserk. "Whooo! Go Daiman!" she shouted, muffled by bread. Her clapping stopped when Vegetto approached, demanding the same question from her once again. Cayde's insistence on letting her finish her meal allowed her to raise an index finger as she chewed through the rest of it. "Ah, there we go! Who am I? They call me Hot Dog sometimes." She crossed her arms and glared up at him in playful contempt.
"Yeah right, like I'd tell you! There you go again, barking out demands expecting whoever to just follow your orders. You're on Daiman's team, dude. You should be over there with Bricker saying, "good job you two, I'm so amazed you pulled through, Daiman! I can't believe you took out the little blue creature in one hit, that's super mega awesomesauce"," she mimicked him using a deeper pitch of voice and puffing her chest out. "or something! But noooo, instead, you had to skulk over here and ask the same question again. And I'm gonna say you'll have to find out. Use your head a little! Geez, you haven't changed at all since the last I saw you."

She ruffled her white mop of hair like she almost regretted lecturing him, but decided it wouldn't be right refusing to answer him outright. "...Tell you what. Be nice to your buddies for.... a week! That means not being a big sweaty tryhard and being rude. Seven calendar days. If you can manage that, I'll answer your questions, but just those! If you want more answers than that, you need to be nice to people for more days!" Mooli pointed at Cayde. "You can start now by apologizing for shoving your nice robot friend and rudely cutting into our conversation."

Last edited:
Amidst the chaos surrounding Berserk and Daiman’s win, Spina stared at the clear blue sky while in deep thought. He wasn’t disappointed that he lost. He was disappointed and distraught that their eyes could not meet. Did Bernkastel felt the same fiery passion as him? Did the Witch of Miracles have the same thoughts of him? What were her eyes during that moment before their clash? Was she delighted? Or was she sickened?

“Of course she was sickened. Just look at you. You’re a lunatic! Haha! She was rather shocked that you didn’t attempt to dodge her scythe. Remember that time she had to come in and stop you from going crazy against Berserk?”

“Shut up!” Despite the inner turmoil, he snapped out of it when Zenta lifted him off from Brachi. Once on his feet, Spina’s eyes that were filled with life during the battle returned to their usual dullness, accompanied by his usual snarl and explicit rudeness. The old Saiyan pushed Zenta back slightly away from him, forcing to let go of Bernkastel. “Shut up dog. Place your worries elsewhere.”

Just before he was going to walk off the stage since he didn’t want to be part of some celebration, Bernkastel caught his attention when she spoke to him. The old Saiyan assumed right away that she’ll be disappointed of how he acted during battle—Brutality’s point got to him. But it was the opposite. Hearing “praises” caught Spina off guard as his eyes widened.

Enjoy? Again? Rival? Understanding?

Spina couldn’t properly react to that at first. He wasn’t the most emotional person around, and such feelings is uncharted territory for the man. But he felt something. Something. “Fine…” Spina finally spoke with a smile. “I want to understand you more as well. My eyes won’t waver to anyone but you until our battle.”

====

Daiman blushed a bit when Berserk congratulated him. “T-thank you. I-I tried my best and got-got lucky.” His voice was the usual low tone. He gave a thumbs up to Mooli who cheered him on from afar. He jumped back a bit when Berserk used her ribbons to drag Kaiba over here.

“Huh?!” Kaiba dropped all his cards onto the ground when Berserk dragged him across the arena. “What the hell are you doing?! Get your damn hands off me! This is not over! You freaks won because I lost. That’s not winning!”

“Yes, yes. The wish.” Lucifer nodded, ignoring Kaiba’s tantrums. “You both deserved it! It was thoroughly entertaining. It was a rather proper display of power I got to see from you Breakers. Had we been forced to do whatever this little jester did in the initial battle, it would’ve been dreadfully boring.”

“What proper display!? That was a joke show!” Roya barged into their conservation. “I want a rematch—”

“Cubes.” Lucifer pointed his finger at Roya, turning her entire body into a pile of cubes. “Any who, you two shall be properly compensated.” With a snap of his fingers, two flames appeared above his index fingers. “What is your wish, and I shall grant it, as long it within the realm of my power.”

“Wish… ummm…”

“Boy.” Malugia appeared behind Daiman and Berserk. He was once again using a young girl as a host since his body cannot maintain its form for long. “I was part of your team, so it’s natural to share your wishes with your teammates. You don’t need anything, do you? You’re just a squirt who got lucky—so far. Possibly because of that Witch’s luck over there. But you can help me. Make a wish that I, Malugia, take over Vegetto’s body. Do that and I’ll reward you handsomely. I’ll even get you into Omnipotent City…”

“Uhh.... uhhh…” Daiman started to sweat a bit.

====

“Sounds like a good deal, right Vegetto?” Clark patted Vegetto on the back, although it was rather weak. “Plus, you get to know more people! Heck! It might even reduce that sentence of yours if you get on everyone’s good side!” He coughed a bit.

Last edited:
Vegetto's eyes widened in sheer annoyance and frustration, the audacity in his eyes raising his anger once again. Yet despite his immediate desire to cut Mooli off in her lecturing, he stood silently seething while his hands balled into fists, nearly trembling in the rage.

Last time?! I don't even know who you are!

He quietly raged within his own mind and argued with the Saiyan woman, but spoke none of his outburst in basic fear of the immense power behind her transformation. Vegetto visibly detested Mooli's demand for him to simply be cordial and nice to his comrades for a week; his facial expression indicated he was about to reject the offer in prideful arrogance almost immediately. Yet as his mouth opened, he felt Clark lightly patting his back at the suggestion and almost in an instant, Vegetto's expression softened ever so slightly.

Vegetto frowned a bit, but soon left out a defeated sigh. His eyes shifted a bit, and his stern stare returned as he stared down at Cayde, who smugly and happily waved Vegetto on like a conductor in a musical. Vegetto grunted, his eyes turning to the side while he struggled to get out the words.

"I am....sorry..."

"Come again? A little louder this time, please."

Vegetto glared down at Cayde in silence, but instead of lashing out or even responding, the Potara fusion grumbled to himself as he grumpily walked away towards Beserk's team, as Mooli suggested Vegetto commend the others. Cayde watched on with a warm smile, his head tilting back towards Mooli while he sat in his seat comfortably.

"Listen kid...I've seen a lot of things. World ending bombs, enemies becoming friends after hundred years wars...final shapes...you name it. But what you just did...that was a miracle."

Cayde gestured over to Clark, chuckling to himself.

"Clark and I haven't heard that grumpy guy ever say sorry. Not once! But just a little scolding from you and he just submits like that, I mean it's amazing!"

Vegetto kept his glare trained to the floor while he walked to the arena, still brooding to himself over the entire incident that just happened.

How dare she....this is so humiliating. I would've remembered another Saiyan like that; there's no way another powerful warrior like that existed in my timeline. But she worked on my Time Patrol...she called me boss.

A small relief in his stern expression lifted as Vegetto thought more on the whole situation.

Kass was forming a small team to work with us on missions before the collapse...she must've been one of the selected elites.

However, Vegetto instantly scowled, glancing back towards the bleachers while he walked at the thought.

But why would Kass waste her precious time and potential...on that disgusting creature?

Yet Vegetto shook his head from side to side, clearing his head as he approached the team.

I have to focus now. If I'm going to uncover how she got that sacred form...I need to play along with her outrageous demands.

Vegetto stopped a few feet from the others during their discussion as Lucifer summoned the flames above his index fingers. He arrived late and had not overheard the sinister offer Malugia made. The Potara fusion summoned as much of his will as he could; battling against his pride internally as he struggled to force out his dual voice.

"Hey..kid."

Vegetto didn't wait for a reply, his eyes turning immediately as to avoid eye contact with Daiman.

"Good job."

Back
Top Bottom