The Reality Vortex: Shadow Games

"That's strange. An extended duration attack...?" Bernkastel quirked an eyebrow while raising her arm with the snake to reach Spina at eye-level and inspect the phenomenon closer. Her trick had bought enough time to get away, but Clark seemed to catch up with relative ease. Bernkastel had barely glanced over her shoulder feeling the familiar sensation of a heatwave starting to approach her; she had just barely registered Clark's ambush when Lucifer had cast Javelin Rain and forced the Kryptonian to block the attack. The Witch immediately pulled back her free arm to launch an opportunity attack.

Oh my, turning your back on me right here? A costly mistake! Bernkastel gave a little smirk of glee, diving into Clear Mind once again. Naturally, a number of violent options were already at hand for her-- constrict Clark's movements and use him as a meat shield, or perhaps lasso him by the neck and throw him right where Vortex Man was to knock them both out of bounds...  But those aren't the best choices. They're just more fun. Without Clark it'll leave us wide open to get skewered... She also realized it wasn't Lucifer's usual degree of antics. Zenta acted wild, his disheveled silhouette from above them having cast a brutal attack of his own, cluttering up the field even more. There was no way she could escape unscathed with Spina in tow for long if this kept going.

The Witch shifted her arm to face the sky instead, more fragments spilling out from the void of her sleeve to form a shield in the shape of a crescent moon; it curved over the three's heads and glowed brightly as the projectiles rained down from above, chipping away.
"Hey. If you don't want to die from being pincushioned to death in the next few minutes, help me deal with those two making a big mess." Bernkastel spoke to Clark over his shoulder. "Whether you or I win now, we can't take on two of them at once by ourselves. They're getting in the way and I can't let Kaiba win just because Zenta's hogging all the fun. So are you-- but I'm willing to let you live long enough to get them off the board. You're free to decline but I don't think you'll like my alternative plan for you."
===========

Throughout Vegetto's silent pondering, Mooli simply stared at him with her exaggerated teary-eyed expression and was equally as quiet, only uttering the same pathetic wailing at Kaiba's provocation and taking cover in her arms seeing Daiman's barrier start to crack. It was cut off by a surprised yelp when Vegetto tossed Daiman like a hot potato, diving down slightly to catch the boy.

"Wh-whoa, here! I gotcha--" Mooli did a double take as she glanced up to see Vegetto throw out his own barrier to shield them, eyes widening at the huge surge rising from the silver flame's blaze. She was momentarily speechless, shaking her head as though to break out of a trance. "No time to gawk! This'll wear off soon and I can jump back in. We gotta do something about Big Dog (Zenta) and Bat-Man (Lucifer) fast-- he might be friends with the Breakers, but I can't let Kaiba win! Daiman, do you think you can make your own special status effects on those guys like the players can?" Mooli asked, the flames still flickering on her body but they started fading away in intensity.

"Holy shit... they're surviving! We can do this after all, maybe! Avalon, see if you can get behind Lucifer! He just made himself a huge target but you can get some cover getting under his big shadow! I'll cover you if you get in a bind but I can't do much from here," Berserk shouted.

Seto Kaiba could barely see due to the harshness of bright lights. “I can’t see a damn thing!” He cursed, but he wasn’t too worried. “How many fighters are left?!”

“After calculating the amount of eliminations… due to the rapid rate from moments ago. The remaining fighters are:
  • Seto Kaiba: Vortex-Man, Mooli, Bara and Zenta.
  • Lilith: Superman, Asher, Victor, Kirito, Dielec and Lucifer
  • Berserk: Vegetto, Avalon and Daiman
  • Coella: Spina, Bernkastel, Brachi
As stated per rule, whoever has no monsters gets eliminated from the game!”

“That’s all?!” Kaiba was concerned that Lilith had the highest amount of monsters, but seeing that Coella is down to three sparks confidence in him. “Tough luck, it’s only a matter of time before you lose!”

----

“Manipulating my energy…” The first set of Lucifer’s wings wrapped around the body, increased in size, in anticipation of the attack. Each of the white bristles struck the durable wings and ricocheted in different directions across what remains the arena. "Come, show me the fruits of power you were granted. Show me the fineness of your strength you have withheld."

Clark kept up his defenses against the onslaught attack until it suddenly became less effective. His eyes narrowed in reaction to the crescent moon hovering over his head. “What the—” Clark turned suddenly when Bernkastel spoke. “There is again! How’s she doing that without me even registering her moments?”

Having no time to analyze Bernkastel’s strange powers, Clark agreed without much hesitation. He wanted to see the mechanisms behind the Witch’s powers a bit further. Turning towards the clash between Zenta and Lucifer, there was a bit of disapproval growing within in. Even though it was a tournament, albeit a serious one by Kaiba, then later Lucifer, he felt that there was a bit of senseless regard for lives. Especially realizing that within a few seconds, dozens of people were eliminated before they even had a proper chance of introducing themselves.

“Alright, we’ll call a temporary truce.” Clark gave Bernkastel and Spina a thumbs up. “I’ll deal with Zenta. You guys can handle Lucifer.” Clark blasted off towards Zenta and Lucifer.

“That one less problem—Argh!” Spina fell on his knees as the attack duration continued. The property behind of the attack is not only seemingly based on magic, but also a familiarity to the Witch’s magic. In other words, Vortex-Man had created an attack based on the Witch of Miracles’ magic.

----

“W-whoa! Thanks Mr. Vegetto! You’re amazing!!” Daiman’s eyes widened at Vegetto not only replaced his shield but created an even stronger one than before. Seeing the brilliant form surging around Vegetto left an impression on him. “You look like a superhero!”

After Mooli asked him if he could make a special status effect, Daiman thought long and hard. “I think I got just the trick!” He crossed his arms; his veins made impression across his body as he shouted his next attack. “Imaginary Technique! Slowdown!

Forwarding his arms, a burst of shock-wave erupted from Daiman’s hands. Upon reaching Zenta and Lucifer, both were slowed down tremendously. The technique was putting pressure on the young man as he was nearly out of breath—mainly because his voice was audible this time around. “That should buy us a few seconds!!!”

---

“Hmm…?” Lucifer noticed that his entire movements were slowed significantly. Unable to properly defend himself, a single white bristle from Zenta’s attack was within range to strike the angel. However, moments before, Clark grabbed the attack with his bare hands and crushed it within his grip. “Oh~, here…. to…. save…. your…. teammate…., Mister……. Clark…….?”

“Somewhat. Stay put. I’m sure the others will come for you.” Clark turned to Vegetto, Mooli and Daiman. “Whatever they did, it worked.” He quickly turned to the light show caused between Zenta and Lucifer. “Solar Vision!” A bright blue light shined, erasing all the attacks between the two. Furrowing his brows, Clark crossed his arms. “That’s quite enough, Zenta. You’re going too wild and butchering too many folks. Now, you’re going to fight me.” He closes the gap between them instantly, with his right arm cocked by and launched a powerful punch against Zenta’s chest; the beast flung back to nearby floating rocks below.

Kirito, seeing an advantage in numbers, redoubles his attacks on Kiba's side. He attacks the closest opponent with everything he has.

Victor thinks "good I think some needed a reminder of the sides. I don't like the fact Kaiba has the second most." The summons that were playing interference now are placing more emphasis on Kaiba's group and backing up Victor's teammates wend able. Victor thinks "I don't think any the other three will want to keep us in this strange state."

The feather serpent retreats in order to help protect Victor.

As Daiman slowed down Lucifer and Zenta, Zenta was in the middle of rushing directly to the Angel. He slowed down significantly and kept his sinister look on his face. Even the saliva coming from his mouth was moving slowly. However, he noticed the slow movement of himself and Lucifer.

“What…… is….. going…. on….? Clark…….?”

Zenta’s voice was slowed down, and even when Clark punched him, his body flung to the ground, but his movements were still very slow. He landed on the rocks below, his body bouncing up from the impact.

“How…. long am I……. going to stay…… slowed down……..?! How did……. This happen…..?”

Zenta said to himself, trying his best to get a grasp of his slowed momentum.

Asher was quick on his feet, just barely getting out of the way from his grandfather’s White Bristle attack. The brutal attack nearly impaled him a few times, but he managed to get out of the way last minute. With his grandpa targeted by Clark, he turned his attention to Spina.

“Hey! Where do you think you’re goin’? Your fight is with me!”

Asher laughed, using his Ruyi Bang to extend himself towards Spina. He planted his feet on Spina’s back, pushing the Saiyan to the ground and sliding his body against the floor. He stood proudly on top of Spina’s back, laughing and tapping the tip of his staff on the back of Spina’s head.

“Hey, hey! You look really cool! C’mon old man, give me a fight! I ain’t a pushover, so get up!"

Asher said, jumping with excitement on Spina’s back like a kid.

"C'mon! C'moooooon!"

Avalon flew by Clark, stopping by his side and performing some hand signs. A large cloud of smoke appeared, and a second bird appeared, a larger one. It flew towards Zenta in his slow-mo state, grabbing him and throwing him around, trying to damage and distract him from Lucifer.

“Clark! Let me help you fight Zenta! We need to get him out of the game as soon as possible! I don’t care who wins, but it cannot be Kaiba!” Avalon turned to Clark, but his expression was nervous, anxious, and shaky. It seemed that something internal was telling him not to fight Zenta. “…Listen, I don’t like to fight, but can I trust you to help me, Clark?”

Vegetto glanced to his side, particularly at Daiman's comments. His stern expression softened slightly, sombering at the mention of the heroic look for a brief moment. He dismissed his stare and glanced away shortly after, and his eyes immediately narrowed in an exasperated sigh at Mooli's naming of the two.

"They are the biggest threats..."

He raised his right eyebrow, however, watching on as Daiman shouted out his next attack. Vegetto blinked in astonishment, watching the immense and potent effect the technique placed on Zenta and Lucifer. Excited hope rung out in his dual voice, the urgency at the opportunity motivating Vegetto further as he waved at Mooli.

"Now's our chance! Go!"

Without waiting for a reply, Vegetto blasted forward in a fiery silver comet towards the arena floor. The intense heat signaled the Potara fusion's approach long before he arrived, barreling through and immediately surging in the blink of an eye. His boots landed in a firm plant directly in front of Lucifer, Vegetto cocking both of his arms inward near his stomach. The intense momentum from the sudden dash built up at the sudden stop, silver fire mounting furiously as Vegetto's arms bulged in the immense power building up for his strike.

"Dragon's...Fist!"

Vegetto suddenly lunged forward, throwing both arms forward with tight fists directly at Lucifer as if he were doing the Fusion dance. Yet instead of pointing his fingers, the white gloved fists slammed directly into Lucifer's chest with tremendous force. The shockwave of the impact barely finished expanding outwards before silver fire swirled up from Vegetto's shoulders and spiraled around his arms. The silver fire gradually morphed and shaped itself into two silver dragons, both roaring viciously as they shot outward from Vegetto's fists and coiled around the angel like constricting pythons. They shot forward across the ground with Lucifer wrapped tightly in their coils; intending to eventually explode and launch Lucifer out of the arena in a clear effort to knock the angel out of bounds.

“Not going to lie, I’m quite disappointed in you Zenta.” Clark appeared in front of the beast a second after the latter crashed. “I always thought you were a peaceful guy back when we’re working with Doom at that time.” He noticed that the slowness was starting to wear off. “But seeing you butchered people left and right. Even if the tournament that some serious consequences, to warrant that kind of destruction and blatant disregard of life…”

Clark made it apparent to show off disgust on his tone since facial expressions won’t work on Zenta. “Dunno what this Lucifer fella did to you personally that made you act all crazed, but that stops now son.” He flexes his muscles across his entire body, showcasing an increase in muscle mass. “

“I’ll be your opponent. I’m sure you can handle it, can’t ya big man?” The Kryptonian motioned his hands and took a battle stance. “With Bernkastel, it’s impossible to see what I can do in this state… but with Zenta…. He’s a tough cookie, and I don’t much about his abilities.”

A sudden explosion of smoke caught Clark’s eye. “Huh?” Confusion arose when Avalon pleaded with him. Elevated heartbeats, tightened chest, and muscles spasms; Clark noticed all the anxieties from the ninja with a mere glance. “Hey, c’mon son. Relax a little.” Clark pressed his hand on Avalon’s shoulders. “Avalon… right? Listen, you don’t need to worry about anything. This Zenta guy is strong, but I’m strong in my own right, so I’ll be fine.”

Clark gave him a thumbs up with a wink and smile. “Have confidence! Think you can keep up and back me up? Of course you can!” He blasted forward and with a simple glare, a flurry of blows struck Zenta, pushing him back. He flew past him and did the same attack once more against the beast’s back. “Neutron Punch!” Fist pumping towards air, an energy-shaped fist emerged and fired straight to Zenta in blazing speeds.

====

“Whoa!” Daiman’s eyes lit up upon watching Vegetto’s technique and movements. He could barely comprehend what happened, but the aftereffects left him seriously in awe at its performance from its brilliant explosion. “You-you’re amazing, Mr. Vegetto! No way that creepy guy can—”

Daiman felt a painful sensation on his chest. “Auh... augh…” His body froze in place, but there was no ice. He felt that every breath he took felt like molten lava, but there was no fire. “Auh….”

In the distance, large wings emerged from the clouds left from the explosion and flapped once to clear everything away. Standing on a fragment of a rock, Lucifer slowly clapped for the Potara warrior. “Marvelous…. you…. finally…. acted on something…. And here I thought you lost heart…” The devil smiles. “…. You even forgot the clause if you were to attack me… but that attack just won’t do, hmm. It’ll be troublesome if you cautiously avoid me, so…. I’ll transfer it.”

Lucifer’s eyes darted to Daiman. “Sea of Chaos.” Shining light appeared on each Breaker, coming out of their bodies to strike Daiman. The clause which every breaker will perish if Vegetto causes any damage to Lucifer had been transferred onto him.

“Arughhh!!” Daiman screamed in agony. His eyes went blank, and his body limped. Blacking out, Daiman fell like a ragdoll towards the bottom.

“…. Ah, magnificent. If only I’ve could see how Breakers would’ve felt had it happened.” The effects of slowness had vanished. “Now, come.” His eyes narrowed. “Morning Star.” Literal stars formed around the demon; with a swift his hand, it launches towards the Breakers and others nearby. It struck Vegetto in the stomach, forcing him back towards Mooli and resulting in a supernova explosion. The other stars launched as well, striking Brachi, Bara, Dielec and Victor in their stomachs and forcing them in the air with a brilliant explosion.

Victor thinks "I gest I should Conter that Sea of Chaos spell on my team's Breakers." A bell rings and the effects on any Breakers aligned with Lillith was contend and removed it vanishes.

Victor summons a fresh bell reedy to be used once more.

“Uhm, yeah…”

Avalon said, swallowing hard. He was truly nervous about fighting Zenta, but he couldn’t understand why. His heart raced, and he felt short of breath while staring at Zenta. Even with Clark’s encouraging words, he felt a cold and deathly grip, warning him.

What’s wrong with me…? I’ve never felt this way around Zenta before, so why now? Seilong… what’s wrong with me?

There was nothing but silence from the divine being, which only made Avalon quiver more.

Well, we still need to do something to stop Zenta… With Clark on my side, perhaps we have a chance…

Zenta grunted as Clark attacked his slowed state. However, as Clark went in with his Neutron Punch, the effects of Daiman’s move wore off and the beast instantly noticed Clark’s incoming energy fist. He snarled under his breath and held out his hands, coating them in a white energy. He braced himself and stopped the energy fist aimed at him, skidding slightly on the floor.

The energy fist began to bubble up and distort until it started to swirl around Zenta’s arms, disappearing. The energy then flowed around Zenta’s body like an aura because it was particularly strong. The beast then held out his hand, where all the energy mixed with his own and began to concentrate in a small orb floating above his palm. The energy sphere was shaking, as if anything can set it off, and it looked unstable if not under Zenta’s control.

“Disregard of life? What are you on about, Clark?” Zenta said with a scowl. “You mean the people that fell to my attacks earlier? They are not dead. Whatever I did to them did not amount to much, so why are you so upset? They are fine, Clark.”

Zenta’s attention then darted to the fight going on with Lucifer. The beast gritted his teeth, annoyed he was not the one fighting the Angel. He glanced at Clark, his face riddled with annoyance.

“My fight is with Lucifer Morningstar, not you, Clark!”

As Zenta tried to make his way towards Lucifer’s fight, Avalon quickly flew in front of the beast with his falcon. Zenta stopped and growled under his breath.

“Zenta, you need to stop this! Your fight with Lucifer can wait, so why don’t you—!”

“No! My fight is with Lucifer Morningstar, not you!”

“Why are you so keen on fighting him?! What did he do to you?”

Zenta paused for a moment before chuckling softly, shaking his head dismissively.

“Lucifer has done nothing to me, personally. It is more that I wish to… see the extent of his power. He also is fun to talk to. Indulging myself in his sweet words and graceful aura, perhaps he has me enraptured in his personality.”

“Uhm… are you… in love with Lucifer, Zenta…?”

“No, not love, per se. Infatuated, maybe, but not love. I am more taken in by his mysterious, yet cocky demeanor. He is a fox with a viper’s tongue, and I know not to trust him or his words. However…” Zenta smiled wryly, gently, yet carelessly tossed the highly compact ball of concentrated energy in his hand up and down, catching it each time. “It is more on the aspect that I wish to test my own limits against him. You might not have felt it, but ever since I came here, something has felt… odd. Odd, but in a… euphoric way.”

Avalon furrowed his brow, feeling a bead of sweat roll down his forehead as Zenta explained his odd ‘relationship’ between him and Lucifer.

“I cannot explain it, but for once, I feel free. Truly, and utterly… free. To test beyond the limits of which I could never reach back home, it’s invigorating, Avalon!

Zenta’s gaze darkened as he chuckled menacingly, taking a step closer to Avalon, twirling the volatile energy sphere on the tip of his finger, he spoke in a low, threatening whisper. He gazed right through Avalon, as if talking to someone else.

“And you know it, too, don’t you…?” Zenta began to cackle and point his finger like a gun towards Clark.

The energy ball shrunk further until it was the size of a marble, shaking violently on the tip of Zenta’s finger. Suddenly, it began to fire off small ‘bullets’ of energy that exploded into supernovas all around Clark. It was a mix of Clark and Zenta’s energy exploding all around Clark.

"I will have my fight with Lucifer Morningstar!"

Brachi, Bara and Dielec grunted as they were hit and sent flying, but they recovered swiftly, as they turned to the aggressor, though Dielec grunted as each of the three had received some burns from the explosion.

"Screw the rules, we'll work together to fend off any aggressors, and then settle our differences later. If Lucifer wants chaos, he'll get it!" Brachi muttered.

"Get a hold of yourself, Brachi, we'll see through this one way or the other." Dielec said, as she began to summon balls of lightning and hurled them down to the ground to strike at any attackers.

Back
Top Bottom